Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

wonga77 wrote: »
    The big difference this year is the number of players weve let go without replacing. Things are almost so bad I wish we had kept Gerv, well almost...

We were happy to see him move, thinking he is going to be replaced immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Lads.

I've said it before but I still cannot believe it. We've 150million in cash. And only 2 centre backs.

It's unbelievable.

Wojciech Szczesny
    Lukasz Fabianski

Bacary Sagna
    Per Mertesacker
    Thomas Vermaelen
    Laurent Koscielny
    Nacho Monreal
    Carl Jenkinson
    Kieran Gibbs

Tomas Rosicky
    Mikel Arteta
    Jack Wilshere
    Aaron Ramsey
    Santi Cazorla
    Abou Diaby
    Emmanuel Frimpong

Ryo Miyaichi

Lukas Podolski
    Olivier Giroud
    Theo Walcott
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Yaya Sanogo
    Ju-Young Park
    Nicklas Bendtner

We have 17 players who should be fit on Saturday, not even enough to fill the bench. That's not including the niggles for Walcott, Sagna, Ramsey and Rosicky. Hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wojciech Szczesny
    Lukasz Fabianski

Bacary Sagna
    Per Mertesacker
    Thomas Vermaelen
    Laurent Koscielny
    Nacho Monreal
    Carl Jenkinson
    Kieran Gibbs

Tomas Rosicky
    Mikel Arteta
    Jack Wilshere
    Aaron Ramsey
    Santi Cazorla
    Abou Diaby
    Emmanuel Frimpong

Ryo Miyaichi

Lukas Podolski
    Olivier Giroud
    Theo Walcott
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Yaya Sanogo
    Ju-Young Park
    Nicklas Bendtner

We have 17 players who should be fit on Saturday, not even enough to fill the bench. That's not including the niggles for Walcott, Sagna, Ramsey and Rosicky. Hilarious.

That is just sickening.

SPEND SOME FOOKING CASH ARSENE

you can rule park out too - no one knows where he is :)

and ****ING BENTNER ! MAKING THE BENCH! WHAT!

Wenger has gone full retard.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That is just sickening.

SPEND SOME FOOKING CASH ARSENE

It's fine, no need to worry, nothing to see here!

07-minister.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It's fine, no need to worry, nothing to see here!

07-minister.jpg

:D:D

There is actually a photo shopped version of that picture with him wearing an Arsenal jersey :o

from @arsenalgent on twitter:

Our Fellaini, who art in heaven,
    Marouane be thy Name.
    Thy Higuain not come.
    The deal not done in earth,
    As it is was in Napoli.
    Give us this day our daily Bernard
    And forgive us our Jovetic.
    As we forgive Cesc who trespassed against us.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    But deliver us from Benayoun.
    For Suarez is the kingdom,
    The Cesar, and the Rooney,
    For Arteta's not better.

No men.

:D

Gringo180 wrote: »
    :D:D

There is actually a photo shopped version of that picture with him wearing an Arsenal jersey :o

2 years ago today. http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/arsene-wenger-is-turning-into-arsenals-comical-ali/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Please have faith Button.
    Things will change eventuuuuuaaaaalllllyyyyyy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

bad2dabone wrote: »

No, the only ones who have gone full retard are the fans. Especially in this thread. At the moment, this thread is the most embarrassing thing about being an Arsenal fan.

Before you disagree, remember that an Arsenal fans last night, in all honesty, thought we should sign Jonjo ****ing Shelvey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

New quotes from William tonight are him practically begging to join Liverpool. He'd be a starter for us. We should get our Dick (Law) out and give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bendtner is not a bad option, can easily do a job as back up to Giroud. Would love to see him put his head down because there 20 goals a season there and could save us £25m

farna_boy wrote: »
    No, the only ones who have gone full retard are the fans. Especially in this thread. At the moment, this thread is the most embarrassing thing about being an Arsenal fan.

Before you disagree, remember that an Arsenal fans last night, in all honesty, thought we should sign Jonjo ****ing Shelvey.

You don't think it's retarded that unless we sign a player before Saturday and likely not have him even train with the squad before the match that we may well have to go to the reserves to fill the bench for the very first match of the season?

The most embarrassing thing is having loads of money a small squad and not spending anything with a day to go before the league kicks-off.
    Regardless of Suarez there are other positions to be filled. We have the bare bones of a squad BUT loads of money.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Out of curiosity, as someone who has long said Arsenal and Wenger needs to go their separate ways for the past three/four years or so, IF he were to leave then who would you guys want to take over right now or well, in one years time hypothetically speaking?

Just to add, in those four years or so it was always my belief that Pellegrini was the man to take over. Other names I'd have thought over the past few years would be Garcia, Villas Boas (pre-Chelsea), Blanc, Favre, De Boer or Montanier.

Before you say it, Klopp is out of the question :D

and the lad who suggested jonjo was wrong. but seriously, are you saying its not retarded that the 4th richest club in the world has 11 fit senior players?

come on. its dreadful mismanagement.
    the fact that we're in this position is the most embarrassing thing about being an arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

This thread is turning into a f*cking joke.

How many times can people write a post that says the exact same thing that about 100 posts before it have said?

I get it, we're all frustrated, we NEED to sign players and the squad isn't good enough. I know, I feel it too, believe me. But for the love of God can we give it a rest for a while and perhaps just talk about something other than our lack of transfer activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, as someone who has long said Arsenal and Wenger needs to go their separate ways for the past three/four years or so, IF he were to leave then who would you guys want to take over right now or well, in one years time hypothetically speaking?

Just to add, in those four years or so it was always my belief that Pellegrini was the man to take over. Other names I'd have thought over the past few years would be Garcia, Villas Boas (pre-Chelsea), Blanc, Favre, De Boer or Montanier.

Bergkamp he'd take no **** wouldn't be any use for CL though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Iain Dowie

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

New quotes from William tonight are him practically begging to join Liverpool. He'd be a starter for us. We should get our Dick (Law) out and give it a whirl.

They'll hardly spend 30m? Maybe with the new tv deal and dealings so far. Hardly though?

Maybe it'll force them sell Suarez ;-)

A year ago I was saying Moyes or Pellegrini (in April, actually http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84394094) and was told they were not high enough standard for us :rolleyes: Realistically, I'd like Laudrup. Unrealisticaly, Klopp.

It all depends on a lot of things. How much money will be available is a massive issue.

If he does leave next season I expect some people will get some surprises about his management over the last decade.

They'll hardly spend 30m? Maybe with the new tv deal and dealings so far. Hardly though?

Maybe it'll force them sell Suarez ;-)

Here's hoping.

I don't want someone who wears glasses like that to be involved with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

We all know what Wenger is up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Klopp hands down but could never see it happening, have a feeling if or when he leaves Dortmund he will have his pick of jobs to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Klopp would be my first choice and has been for a while now. It probably wont ever happen, but he would be my choice. After that, I dont really care. I dont care if it's a relative unknown if he does the job. How many people knew Wenger when we signed him?

Gareth Barry gives you at least 40 games a season of solid performances.
    I would welcome him at the club.

I feel that a lot of the negativity surrounding him comes from the fact he is just one of those City players that don't stand out. But if he was still starring for Villa, I say a lot more Arsenal fans would be excited once hearing we are linked.

He is a very fit individual who I'd love to have if his wages weren't pathetic.

That being said, he is not the marquee signing that we are looking for, by any stretch of the imagination.

Darren
    @DarrenArsenal1
    I believe that as we speak (tonight) we are working on an new arrival. (don't know who deal is with yet) trying to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Injuries, no signings - the league starts this weekend.

2991103-fetal-man.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Soups123 wrote: »
    Bergkamp he'd take no **** wouldn't be any use for CL though

Going by what a couple friends in Amsterdam have said, he's expected to take over the Ajax job in a year or two time.

Would your fans generally be happy in taking such a risk to get him now or next season knowing that it very well could take at least a year to find his feet?

It all depends on a lot of things. How much money will be available is a massive issue.

If he does leave next season I expect some people will get some surprises about his management over the last decade.

From reading this thread, if it's just simply a case of Wenger penny pinching and being utterly stubborn despite the cash being there, who would you want then (again, assuming in money is indeed there to spend)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Darren
    @DarrenArsenal1
    I believe that as we speak (tonight) we are working on an new arrival. (don't know who deal is with yet) trying to find out.

If I was gonna believe anyone on twitter it would.be him, hands down. I'm sure he's telling the truth, depends on the people feeding him the info.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Gareth Barry gives you at least 40 games a season of solid performances.
    I would welcome him at the club.

I feel that a lot of the negativity surrounding him comes from the fact he is just one of those City players that don't stand out. But if he was still starring for Villa, I say a lot more Arsenal fans would be excited once hearing we are linked.

He is a very fit individual who I'd love to have if his wages weren't pathetic.

That being said, he is not the marquee signing that we are looking for, by any stretch of the imagination.

Fine for a utility player but he's 32. I'd rather someone who will push to succeed Arteta and is a lot younger.

If I was gonna believe anyone on twitter it would.be him, hands down.

same.

i need to take a step back from the net now, i'm driving myself mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Darren
    @DarrenArsenal1

Flamster!

:mad:
    Flamster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If I was gonna believe anyone on twitter it would.be him, hands down. I'm sure he's telling the truth, depends on the people feeding him the info.
    It better not be flamini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭G1032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is one of the players wives pregnant?

One of the things I am dreading about the week-end is if/when Wilshere or Gibbs go down hurt or show a sign of limping.

That will be a nervous time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

And so it begins.........or continues

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394894/Mikel-Arteta-injury-He-miss-weeks-torn-quadricep.html
    the results have shown a tear, meaning the midfielder is likely to miss over a month of the new season.

Arteta will miss the vital Champions League qualification double header against Fenerbahce as well as the opening batch of Premier League games.

Arteta's thigh is just the latest injury problem for Wenger, who is already without Thomas Vermaelen, Nacho Monreal and Abou Diaby.

Furthermore, Bacary Sagna is facing a race against time to be fit for the season-opener against Aston Villa on Saturday after sustaining an ankle injury whilst on international duty for France.

Arteta out for 6 weeks

You reap what you sow.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

You reap what you sow.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

You gotta improvise, adapt, overcome and concour

You gotta improvise, adapt, overcome and concour

... rather than spend.

• Advertisement

From reading this thread, if it's just simply a case of Wenger penny pinching and being utterly stubborn despite the cash being there, who would you want then (again, assuming in money is indeed there to spend)?

Pellegrini would've been up there, too late now. I'll be honest, I'm not full of solutions for it. :pac:

Sad really that the Telegraph can't spellcheck a headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Harry Redknapp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Harry Redknapp
    This made me a little sick in my mouth

I want the money to go on players not on a new house for arry

Harry Redknapp

Great. So we can have Crouchy up front and Scotty protecting the back 4.

Watching a melting candle talk about how great the boys are week in, week out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement