Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Arteta out.

Hahahahahahahah honestly. I ****ing love Arsenal but this is utterly bonkers going into the first game of the season and a champions league game so light on players. I'm raging, Wenger doesn't know how to buy players anymore, we are a ****ing joke. These next few games are vital to us. I genuinely am sickened with Wengers behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

tomorrows a big day lads.

9am - arsene to phone gustavo's agent, tell the lad to cop on, we need him, pay the man. done

9.05am - arsene to ring brodgers. just say, Bren, 50m. cash money. done. sorted.

9.10am - arsene to ring PSG. Sahko 10m. done. boom.

9.15am - cuppa tea. crisis averted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

An Arsenal CB if the other CB gets injured.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPvRjFEUG9n78W4bnqF0blQaH68tX2KLN64CGOblmPPJU1C-g9

Aah now I know why we've bought nobody...

267515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Can Sanogo fill in for Arteta?.......and Sagna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

... rather than spend.

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

FearDark wrote: »
    Arteta out.

Hahahahahahahah honestly. I ****ing love Arsenal but this is utterly bonkers going into the first game of the season and a champions league game so light on players. I'm raging, Wenger doesn't know how to buy players anymore, we are a ****ing joke. These next few games are vital to us. I genuinely am sickened with Wengers behavior.

Bet you still dont want him to get sacked

shano_88 wrote: »
    Can Sanogo fill in for Arteta?.......and Sagna?

No, he's injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

No, he's injured.

Sums It all up really!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

It's like Wenger is playing Fifa on legendary and has injuries set to frequent. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's like Wenger is playing Fifa on legendary and has injuries set to frequent. :P

It's more like a sh*t version of A Christmas Carol. The ghost of indecisive past has already come, the ghost of injury present is here now and all we need is the ghost of trophy less future to come sauntering in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Darren
    @DarrenArsenal1
    I believe that as we speak (tonight) we are working on an new arrival. (don't know who deal is with yet) trying to find out.

Bale ??

Nope, I don't want Wenger sacked at all. What I want is for him to stop being so goddamn stubborn and mean, get some players and challenge for SOMETHING this year. Honestly if we go nowhere this year then he can just **** off.

Bale ??

And Messi.

And Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What a difference a week makes. Only last Sat when arsenal where tearing man city apart in a pre season friendly a load of ppl in here where proclaiming that an assault on the EPL title was imminent. Now you're a couple of injuries away from a relegation fight apparently... Which is it?

Knowing Wenger he'll probably have the squad busting out of the traps early doors and you'se will be top for the first 2-3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What a difference a week makes. Only last Sat when arsenal where tearing man city apart in a pre season friendly a load of ppl in here where proclaiming that an assault on the EPL title was imminent. Now you're a couple of injuries away from a relegation fight apparently... Which is it?

Knowing Wenger he'll probably have the squad busting out of the traps early doors and you'se will be top for the first 2-3 months.

maybe im wrong but I dont recall anyone saying they would win / compete for the league with the squad as it was even after they decisively beat City in a friendly and even now after all these injuries and no additions I havent seen anyone say they are in for a relegation fight. So which one umm neither I guess.

If Arsenal got in some quality signings they could challenge for the title should they be able to get through the first few games without further injuries and getting results but most seem to fear the lack of player recruitment to continue leading to a repeat of hoping to scrape another CL finish ahead of Spurs who seem an even bigger threat.

Not sure if the Villa game is on tv this weekend but as far as I know our first live game is vs Fenerbahce

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/33689732_tv_Champions_League_Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Not sure if the Villa game is on tv this weekend but as far as I know our first live game is vs Fenerbahce

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/33689732_tv_Champions_League_Live

Setanta showing it, apparently 12 of our first 13 are in various tv stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

That rumour of a signing is probably only going to happen caus Arteta is injured!!

What happens if we have 3/4 players injured at a given time(which is standard with Arsenal) this season?

maybe im wrong but I dont recall anyone saying they would win / compete for the league with the squad as it was even after they decisively beat City in a friendly and even now after all these injuries and no additions I havent seen anyone say they are in for a relegation fight. So which one umm neither I guess.

I remember it clearly, especially in the first half. It sticks out in my memory because it was same ppl who where all doom and gloom the week leading up to it.

And yes, I was exaggerating about relegation... But the drama in here is so great I wouldn't be surprised if that's what comes next if this weekends result is negative.

I think we can win the league..

:pac:

t if this weekends result is negative.

Don't even go there :pac:

Caught out?!?!

I just said I think Wenger will surprise everyone and have the existing squad hit the ground running...and thus become the early leaders, what's the problem with that.

• Advertisement

Don't worry whats on tv and whats not on tv. Anyone is welcome to PM me. I always get a HD reliable stream.

FearDark wrote: »
    Don't worry whats on tv and whats not on tv. Anyone is welcome to PM me. I always get a HD reliable stream.

Do you use the paid streaming sites or do you just go hunting an hour before kickoff????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Do you use the paid streaming sites or do you just go hunting an hour before kickoff????

name of any good paid streaming sites? how much are they? need one for this year since i'm not arsed getting sports stations back with this new setanta/bt deal

darego wrote: »
    name of any good paid streaming sites? how much are they? need one for this year since i'm not arsed getting sports stations back with this new setanta/bt deal

Aint got a clue about those paid sites. Im very happy to drop down to the pub for a sparkling water and toasted sandwich on a Saturday afternoon tbh

I have amassed 1000's of links over the years and if I know something is on Sky Sports 1 I have a choice of about 30 sites and ill just go with the most reliable. Having said that I totally forgot I could nip down to the pub and watch the match! Ive been living in NZ for far too long and the matches were a struggle getting up at 4am to watch, now that I'm home I can just pop into the local!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Might pop down to the Mercantinle to watch one of matches in Sept, maybe the qualifier

What are the televisions like in the Mercantile? Any other good places to watch fif you're an Arsenal supporter? Or just for the football in general.

Might pop down to the Mercantinle to watch one of matches in Sept, maybe the qualifier

What are the televisions like in the Mercantile? Any other good places to watch fif you're an Arsenal supporter? Or just for the football in general.
    Nice big screen and a few plasmas knocking about too.

I'm going to stay away til we sign a couple of players. If you think the negative bunch in here are bad, nothing on a few of the lads down the merc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

danlen wrote: »
    This thread is turning into a f*cking joke.

How many times can people write a post that says the exact same thing that about 100 posts before it have said?

I get it, we're all frustrated, we NEED to sign players and the squad isn't good enough. I know, I feel it too, believe me. But for the love of God can we give it a rest for a while and perhaps just talk about something other than our lack of transfer activity.

Like what struggling for 4th and winning F all. Watching our best players leaving next summer cause our Manager is a stingy bastard. Okay then lets talk.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Okay then lets talk.

Good man! Onwards and upwards!
    Bar Michael Thomas' goal, what's your favourite Arsenal moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I remember it clearly, especially in the first half. It sticks out in my memory because it was same ppl who where all doom and gloom the week leading up to it.

And yes, I was exaggerating about relegation... But the drama in here is so great I wouldn't be surprised if that's what comes next if this weekends result is negative.

This is correct. 30 mins of good football and the negativity all washed away. People even started to look down their noses at Madrid and Barca.

I don't think there's purely negative posters, just extreme or over the top supporters. They just experience dizzying highs and terrible lows ...but it'll all be great once the football starts. This team can play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, as someone who has long said Arsenal and Wenger needs to go their separate ways for the past three/four years or so, IF he were to leave then who would you guys want to take over right now or well, in one years time hypothetically speaking?

Just to add, in those four years or so it was always my belief that Pellegrini was the man to take over. Other names I'd have thought over the past few years would be Garcia, Villas Boas (pre-Chelsea), Blanc, Favre, De Boer or Montanier.

Before you say it, Klopp is out of the question :D

I'd still take AVB - very unlikely though
    ancelotti - unlikely too but you never know with Real

hipster answer (:pac:) - Montella

for me Laudrup ticks the boxes. And I think if we wanted him we'd get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You just know today unless Wenger unveils a signing (which he won't ) he is going to piss off a lot of fans with what he says at the oress conference sending this thread and twitter into meltdown mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

You just know today unless Wenger unveils a signing (which he won't ) he is going to piss off a lot of fans with what he says at the oress conference sending this thread and twitter into meltdown mode.

Time is the press conference on at? Should be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

All the German outlets (Welt, Kicker, Sport1, Bild etc.) are reporting that Gustovo's move to Wolfsburg is all done, and that the fee is 15 mil Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Press conference on now he is saying nothing bad

Lets get behind who we have tomorrow and we can get back to moaning after the game

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

DubDani wrote: »
    All the German outlets (Welt, Kicker, Sport1, Bild etc.) are reporting that Gustovo's move to Wolfsburg is all done, and that the fee is 15 mil Euro.
    Wolfsburg have confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wenger has said that he is looking for "quality not quantity" but hope to get 2/3 players in, possibily more. This is gonna be the same as 2 years ago with a mad dash Brewsters Millions type splurge on leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've tried not to post in here this summer as we're just going around in circles saying the same thing.

But I've lost all faith in us strengthening now, even if we do land Suarez on deadline day that's not going to be enough.

If a person in any other form of employment resided over three months of such complete ineptitude in the workplace they would be fire on the spot for negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Spurs fan in peace lads.

What is the gig with Wenger not spending the money. Ye have pots of it, Ye have the pedigree for any quality of player in the world to join you and you're in London which is a major draw for most players. I can't figure it out.

Neither can we Saab Ed.

it's bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Spurs fan in peace lads.

What is the gig with Wenger not spending the money. Ye have pots of it, Ye have the pedigree for any quality of player in the world to join you and you're in London which is a major draw for most players. I can't figure it out.

Nobody really knows. All we can do is speculate. It's probably a combination of a couple of different things.

They probably have a decent bit of money but not as much as the board claims so it's not like he has 100 million to splurge on whoever he wants. More like 40 and that's his lot so he might feel as if he has to be careful.

It might be a bit of ego as well. He is well known as a great spotter of talent and rightfully so but this probably plays on his mind a bit as he would be afraid of having an expensive "punt" on a player and having them flop.

Nobody notices when Chamakh flopped because he cost nothing. A Carroll or Torres style flop would damage his reputation and he probably puts a lot of stock in that. It's obvious he thinks a lot of himself. Might be a reason for his transfer paralysis.

Perhaps he's a bit too much a perfectionist? Constantly trying to find the perfect player for his system and always coming up short because they don't exist.....so he buys young players and tries to mold them which ofcourse hardly ever works.

Perhaps the fabled scouting system is really a myth? Maybe he isn't getting the help he needs? Maybe he's stuck in an bygone era when top quality players cost 10 million instead of 40?

Bottom line is, who knows. It's all guesswork. What we do know, is that Arsenal haven't signed a world class player in donkeys years.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Kirby wrote: »
    They probably have a decent bit of money but not as much as the board claims so it's not like he has 100 million to splurge on whoever he wants. .
    It is like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Spurs fan in peace lads.

Join the club.... :D

Wenger does not like to overspend, he rates players at a certain amount and will not budge on this. Unfortunately there is always at least one more club somewhere that will top his limit as we have seen this Summer. Look at any of our recent buys, a lot were from clubs in distress or relegated and needed cash fast. When you look back it's amazing that we were able to get someone like Carzola.

Unless we get a few injuries before the window closes it doesn't look like anyone will come in, and to be honest, at that stage they would be panic buys and not quality buys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement