Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

dvemail wrote: »
    Yeah but by all accounts both players want out and Utd didn't want to sell to Chelsea as they are a direct rival. Say they would be more inclined to sell to Arsenal as we are a level below at the moment.
    Has Suarez apologized to Liverpool as a whole or just the teammates? If it was just to the teammates then i still feel he still wants to go. Nobody comes out with a statement like he did only to go back on it within weeks. He still wants to leave Liverpool and its time for Arsene it make it happen. Unfortunately that involves spending money which he doesn't like to do often.

No confirmation of an apology from Suarez but evidently something has changed.

As for Rooney, I'd love if Utd deliberately sold to us rather than Chelsea but I don't think they'll unless Moyes can bring in a big midfield signing, which is looking unlikely.

Either would be great but it's time we put in some bids again for both. Otherwise I'd be happy in someone like Lacina Traore providing us with something different and challenging Giroud for the starter spot. Wouldn't mind Michu either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

No confirmation of an apology from Suarez but evidently something has changed.

As for Rooney, I'd love if Utd deliberately sold to us rather than Chelsea but I don't think they'll unless Moyes can bring in a buy midfield signing, which is looking unlikely.

Either would be great but it's time we put in some bids again for both. Otherwise I'd be happy in someone like Lacina Traore providing us with something different and challenging Giroud for the starter spot. Wouldn't mind Michu either.

Yeah we've been so deprived so much this summer I would be happy with a Ricky Lambert at this stage. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Major fan of Wenger and I love everything what he has done to the club, massive respect for him sticking to his principles but are we kind of institutionalised with having him in charge, most fans seem scared to death of the thought of him leaving including myself, but at the end of the day this is Arsenal Football Club and the club will go on without Wenger. I am not calling for his head far from it, but if he doesn't deliver this season I am afraid I will have lost all faith in the great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

dvemail wrote: »
    Yeah we've been so deprived so much this summer I would be happy with a Ricky Lambert at this stage. :pac:

It would be a plus at least after such a disappointing transfer window. Time yet, but methinks Suarez staying at Liverpool, and Rooney staying put as well. Our options/choices are getting smaller by the minute. Get Chamak and Cervinho back, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Major fan of Wenger and I love everything what he has done to the club, massive respect for him sticking to his principles but are we kind of institutionalised with having him in charge, most fans seem scared to death of the thought of him leaving including myself, but at the end of the day this is Arsenal Football Club and the club will go on without Wenger. I am not calling for his head far from it, but if he doesn't deliver this season I am afraid I will have lost all faith in the great man.

Agreed. The codicil being that even the great man has to step down one day, and know that he is not cutting it as well as the past. He has become a bit erratic in the last few seasons and possibly the belief in him has waned. I had hoped that we would start the new season in a much more confident positive fashion, but alas, the hangover from last season is still there and worse perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just another heads up for the fantasy football league lads get your team in before the deadline at 11 in the morning the code is 371924-96395.

So who do we think will be added to this page for tomorrow? http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

That's a very small squad. We're fecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sorry if this is a repost, was just googling "have Arsenal spent any money yet?" and spotted the latest from Swiss Ramble.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2013/08/arsenal-money-dont-matter-2-night.html

I wonder how they'll fill the bench, if it'll be kids or injured first-teamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

kids i'd say,
    zelalem, gnabry, bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Arsene might have to take up a player/manager role this season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So who do we think will be added to this page for tomorrow? http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players :pac:

If you let your eyes go out of focus so you can't see who some of the players are we look much stronger :)

at least we have a sense of humour about it :)
    until we get beat, then its meltdown again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In completely non Arsenal transfer related stuff a certain striker's name caught my attention in a headline on F365: http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/8873142/Aliadiere-committed-to-Lorient

Glad to see him doing well at last, always seemed to be on the brink of doing something here but it never really happened for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In completely non Arsenal transfer related stuff a certain striker's name caught my attention in a headline on F365: http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/8873142/Aliadiere-committed-to-Lorient

Glad to see him doing well at last, always seemed to be on the brink of doing something here but it never really happened for him.

He was dire!

He was dire!

Hah, absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Soups123 wrote: »
    Liverpool have not strengthened well. keep Suarez and Will I am and they will have but that's still just all rumour

If they spend £30m+ on Willian then to me that implies they are perhaps doing so with Suarez leaving in mind...

Not that we'll be the ones to get him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Last time I did the fantasy football, I seemed to be cursed. If anything happens to Mertesacker, Cazorla and Giroud this weekend, it was probably my fault again :o

If I'm still cursed, I'll need help in coming up with a new team of spurs, United, Chelsea etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

mike65 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a repost, was just googling "have Arsenal spent any money yet?" and spotted the latest from Swiss Ramble.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2013/08/arsenal-money-dont-matter-2-night.html

Holy crap. Thats an astonishing statistic. Even for 11/12!

267603.jpg

danlen wrote: »
    If they spend £30m+ on Willian then to me that implies they are perhaps doing so with Suarez leaving in mind...

Not that we'll be the ones to get him though.

Liverpool have money to spend though. The club is in a fairly healthy position financially as a lot of top earners have left, coupled with all this TV money.

I'd say pool can afford it, strong revenues. Keeping suarez and getting willian would be exciting times for Liverpool fans.

Coutinho suarez willian sturridge. There's some goals from that bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd say pool can afford it, strong revenues. Keeping suarez and getting willian would be exciting times for Liverpool fans.

Coutinho suarez willian sturridge. There's some goals from that bunch.

Gerrard hammering in a few too! we have to buy.

We simply have to. I like our players, love the team spirit. But everyone knows we got to get one or three in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Why haven't we bought anyone yet? I'm getting extremely nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just heard some bizarre news there. Marca are apparently reporting that Falcao has been transfer listed by Monaco. Press conference being called sometime this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

dorgasm wrote: »
    Just heard some bizarre news there. Marca are apparently reporting that Falcao has been transfer listed by Monaco. Press conference being called sometime this evening.

Conspiracy theory: Wenger knows what's going on at Monaco, and is waiting to snap up Falcao, Moutinho etc on the cheap. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Conspiracy theory: Wenger knows what's going on at Monaco, and is waiting to snap up Falcao, Moutinho etc on the cheap. :P

Haha I wouldn't be surprised. We fleeced Malaga for Santi!! On falcaos wiki page it says one of the reasons he chose Monaco cause he wanted to follow in Henry's footsteps!!

This is as desperate as suggesting shelvey and lambert!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Gringo180 wrote: »

I taught he should have gone at the end of last season myself. It's clearly he wont spend money as much as we bitch about it. He thinks this squad is good enough to win (very deluded). As I've said and many others have, We need a world class striker, DM and CB and even one or two squad players to really make a push for the EPL. Wenger has really shown our fans and rival's that he's happy to fight for 4th. I'm not scared to death of him leaving, he hasn't won anything in a long time and clearly has become a stumbling block to the club.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Haha I wouldn't be surprised. We fleeced Malaga for Santi!! On falcaos wiki page it says one of the reasons he chose Monaco cause he wanted to follow in Henry's footsteps!!

This is as desperate as suggesting shelvey and lambert!!

He be snapped up by a bigger more ambitious club if he is going onto the transfer list.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    He be snapped up by a bigger more ambitious club if he is going onto the transfer list.

Broken fûcking record

jonny666 wrote: »
    Broken fûcking record

oh shut up, stop trying to be a smart ass and wake up and smell the coffee. We ain't singing anyone worth a crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

oh shut up, stop trying to be a smart ass and wake up and smell the coffee. We ain't singing anyone worth a crap.

Maybe but how may times do you have to keep stating it. In fairness, the comment wasn't really adding much in the way of a response.

If we did magically Falcao I think I'd pass out from shock...and on waking I'd go back us to win the league! :D

Predictions for tomorrow? I say 2-1, with Villa taking the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

3-0 win tomorrow Ramsey running the show and giroud getting 2

Three one, Giroud early opener, Jack to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I taught he should have gone at the end of last season myself. It's clearly he wont spend money as much as we bitch about it. He thinks this squad is good enough to win (very deluded). As I've said and many others have, We need a world class striker, DM and CB and even one or two squad players to really make a push for the EPL. Wenger has really shown our fans and rival's that he's happy to fight for 4th. I'm not scared to death of him leaving, he hasn't won anything in a long time and clearly has become a stumbling block to the club

I think this is the 1st season where you can really level the stumbling block accusation at him. Over the last few years he's managed to keep the club competitive while its undergone massive infrastructural change. Come Sept 2nd if we haven't brought in some real talent that could really push the club to the top of the table, then I'll accept that this should be he last season at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

3-0 win tomorrow Ramsey running the show and giroud getting 2

Hat trick for Giroud, 2 for Pod.

As for transfers, as I said a few months ago, don't expect anything before deadline day.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, if you hear any little rumour, regardless of source, ignore it. We all are unhappy that no one has been signed before now, everyone in the thread. Nothing new is going to be said about it at this stage. It also doesn't matter whether or not we sign someone now or deadline day for CL qualifiers or bedding in time with the team, it's too late.

Don't expect a signing before deadline day. If it happens great, but if it doesn't you can't be disappointed.

Let's focus on matches for now, and worry about the rest later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't think he's trying to be a smart ass.

Go read your last five posts and you'll see what he meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    I think this is the 1st season where you can really level the stumbling block accusation at him. Over the last few years he's managed to keep the club competitive while its undergone massive infrastructural change. Come Sept 2nd if we haven't brought in some real talent that could really push the club to the top of the table, then I'll accept that this should be he last season at the club.

This.

I'm of the opinion that he's done a great job for the last few years and most of the criticisims levelled at him had been clueless.

However he needs to show more beyond the 'buy cheap, make profits and get 4th' model that he's so good at.

I fear he's been so good that he's made us outgrow him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Predictions for tomorrow? I say 2-1, with Villa taking the lead.

Here's my prediction.

Flamini to be signed late tomorrow evening.

This doesn't really need to be pointed out but Monaco have categorically denied any potential sale of Falcao.

This Wayne gooney chap on Twitter swearing we have signed 2 big names but can't reveal them yet, god I'm getting desperate!

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayneGooney18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He's the same guy who claims Fabregas was a done deal months ago.

Bull****ter in other words.

I am excited for tomorrow and I'm not even really a gooner, gonna hit up Woolshed nice and early for some pitchers and wings then bring on the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Isn't that the fella that made out that we had Fabregas signed for next year ?, IF we had two players signed they'd be in the bloody match day squad ffs

This Wayne gooney chap on Twitter swearing we have signed 2 big names but can't reveal them yet, god I'm getting desperate!

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayneGooney18

He's a spoofer, said we had signed cesc, already had his medical but still might stay at Barca for another year.

I loom scraping the barrel or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Buzzing for 3 tomorrow and hopefully be a good atmosphere

No one talking transfer ****e

Everyone just enjoying the beautiful game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah i can't wait for tomorow 3-1 to use I reckon don't care who scores as long as we win

• Advertisement

Yeah i can't wait for tomorow 3-1 to use I reckon don't care who scores as long as we win

Think we'll get the win and won't concede! Giroud to get one for sure. Any one know if sanga is fit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement