Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

2-1 after falling behind in a very scrappy game. Weimann, Theo and Giroud, Rambo man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Can't wait. It's like Christmas eve.

Im ignoring that We've no new presents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Buzzing for 3 tomorrow and hopefully be a good atmosphere

No one talking transfer ****e

Everyone just enjoying the beautiful game

I'm heading over and I cant tell you what a relief it will be for those 90 mins for 60000 gooners to be supporting the team (assuming we aren't getting beat!!)

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We should win but wouldn't be surprised if we drew. Villa have a good young side and they are bound to click soon. They had a good end to the season. We lack it up forward but if our midfield and Defence play to their best abilities we should run out 2-0 winners. But it will be a tough watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon Giroud will be looking to make a statement tomorrow given all the talk of a new striker. Would love if it was all a ploy by Wenger and Giroud goes on to break scoring records left and right :D

What I want tomorrow:
    3 points.
    No Injuries.
    Thats it. I dont care if it's a scrappy 1-0 or a dominating 6-0.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I don't think he's trying to be a smart ass.

Go read your last five posts and you'll see what he meant.

I don't want to be going on about Transfers but the team needs them and going into a season with the same team we finished 4th with doesn't give me hope . I need to spew my anger somewhere and seen as this is a Thread for the team I follow, I have to spew here. One great signing would have made me happy but nothing. I know it annoys you and other's that some fans talk about the lack of signings it's the same old stuff said but that's all we have to talk about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wawaman wrote: »
    I'm heading over and I cant tell you what a relief it will be for those 90 mins for 60000 gooners to be supporting the team (assuming we aren't getting beat!!)

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

Jaysus imagine the crowd reaction (and that of this thread) if after a few mins Benteke repeated his antics vs Malaga in Villa's recent friendly where with his sheer strength he not only shrugged off their CB (or say Koscielny in this case) and scored but also caused the guy to be out injured for 2 months :eek:

that nightmare scenario aside, there is something about the match tomorrow that makes me think it will be a really entertaining game.

this is the team likely to line up for Villa imo:

.......................Guzan

Lowton.......Vlaar...... Okore.... Luna

.....Westwood... Delph..... KEA

Weimann.......................... Gabby
    .....................Benteke

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I reckon Giroud will be looking to make a statement tomorrow given all the talk of a new striker. Would love if it was all a ploy by Wenger and Giroud goes on to break scoring records left and right :D

What I want tomorrow:
    3 points.
    No Injuries.
    Thats it. I dont care if it's a scrappy 1-0 or a dominating 6-0.

Whats going to happen after you said this

0 points
    a few injuries
    and get beat at home

Lets not get cocky here, Villa have a good young side and have a very good forward line. They won't be push overs, we need to play at our best. Hopefully Giroud won't be missing all his chances. We won't be dominating that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't want to be going on about Transfers but the team needs them and going into a season with the same team we finished 4th with doesn't give me hope . I need to spew my anger somewhere and seen as this is a Thread for the team I follow, I have to spew here. One great signing would have made me happy but nothing. I know it annoys you and other's that some fans talk about the lack of signings it's the same old stuff said but that's all we have to talk about.

Boring

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Is Ramsey goina play artetas role tomorrow? He's prob the best fit for it really I think. I presume santi if he starts will be on the wing. I wouldn't mind oxo been given a shot behind the striker. He only played about 15 minutes for England in their friendly and looked good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds like a decent prospect, surely if we sign someone in that age bracket in that position they've kind of lost faith in Jenkinson?

Anyway, I am absolutely pumped for tomorrow. Though the transfer **** will still be at the back of my mind I'm looking forward to talking about actual football. The one upside to having to qualify for the CL is we also get to watch two more matches over the next few weeks too.

football! Football! FOOTBALL!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds like a decent prospect, surely if we sign someone in that age bracket in that position they've kind of lost faith in Jenkinson?

hopefully just promoting some healthy competition

gosplan wrote: »
    hopefully just promoting some healthy competition

And I think Sanga is goina be used more and more at centre back

thats the only site with the info.

Corchia is a very good prospect, but we've got Bac, Jenks and the young Bellerin at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant see Jenkinson ever making it at Arsenal as much as he tries his heart out he just isnt good enough for a big club like ours. In other news Liverpool very close to agreeing a fee for Willian according to SSN.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Cant see Jenkinson ever making it at Arsenal as much as he tries his heart out he just isnt good enough for a big club like ours. In other news Liverpool very close to agreeing a fee for Willian according to SSN.

Actually disagree, definitely think Jenko will make it, a season on loan would do him wonders, have every bit of faith in him.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Actually disagree, definitely think Jenko will make it, a season on loan would do him wonders, have every bit of faith in him.

I hope I am wrong but he just doesnt look to have that natural ability needed to play at the highest level, everything looks like hard work to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I find him very awkward and slow to react.
    He might turn out alright but time will tell.

We have 4 fit defenders for tomorrow. Criminal from Wenger in my opinion and I find his statement today to be an attempt to stop an angry reaction from the fans tomorrow. Why wait until today to announce that we will sign 3/4 players? Playing for time now when he had all summer to do his business.

Very concerned at where my club is going.

I hope I am wrong but he just doesnt look to have that natural ability needed to play at the highest level, everything looks like hard work to him.
    Agreed at the moment, but nothing consistent game time and increase in confidence wouldnt fix in my opinion, we have been blessed with our two right backs ( Lauren and Bac) so will definitely have to step it up, but would love to see it and feel he will.

• Advertisement

what does everyone think of Arda Turan? good little player playing central and the wings and a release clause of €24m. I would definitely get on that, then a CF, DM, CB and GK

We have 4 fit defenders for tomorrow. Criminal from Wenger in my opinion and I find his statement today to be an attempt to stop an angry reaction from the fans tomorrow. Why wait until today to announce that we will sign 3/4 players? Playing for time now when he had all summer to do his business.

Very concerned at where my club is going.

Weakest squad we have had in the last 15 years, I am sick to death coming on here moaning about the state of the current team but it is just absolutely disgusting the way the club is been run. A disgrace we are!

It's not even moaning about it, I just can't understand how they could do something quite so stupid without meaning to.

It's not even moaning about it, I just can't understand how they could do something quite so stupid without meaning to.

Can't get my head around this at all. No sense to it.

Surely the players themselves have to be talking amongst themselves in training about how short we are on numbers and most importantly quality.

Surely the players themselves have to be talking amongst themselves in training about how short we are on numbers and most importantly quality.

they absolutely have to be.

i'd say if we dont strenghten - and thats how it looks to me - it'll be a massive blow to our team spirit. Massive.

DC ‏@DLDN22 15s
    Hearing it's a midfield of Wilshere, Rsmsey and Chamberlain tomorrow #coyg
    happy with that

happy with that

Is Rosicky and Cazorla injured?

• Advertisement

Cazorla on the left i presume with TR7 starting from the bench.

thats an exciting midfield 3, Giroud up top santi left and theo right? nice.

Pod coming on for a thunderbolt when santi is tired.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    thats an exciting midfield 3, Giroud up top santi left and theo right? nice.

Pod coming on for a thunderbolt when santi is tired.

Yup but actually would rather have seen Rosicky start over jack, he just opens up teams.

If one of our 4 fit defenders gets injured who deputises?

Frimpong.....GULP!:cool:

Probably Hayden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Sagna has a niggle and I would be surprised to see him complete omitted from the squad of 18, especially as he trained today.
    Jenkinson is fully fit.
    Per and Koscielny fit.
    Gibbs fit.

So if one of them is injured, I'm sure Sagna would fill in, or if he is already starting; move over.

It is obviously not a great position but I'm trying to make it seem a little better.

Madness to think Miquel was sent out on loan.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Sagna has a niggle and I would be surprised to see him complete omitted from the squad of 18, especially as he trained today.
    Jenkinson is fully fit.
    Per and Koscielny fit.
    Gibbs fit.

So if one of them is injured, I'm sure Sagna would fill in, or if he is already starting; move over.

It is obviously not a great position but I'm trying to make it seem a little better.

I know. Life is never easy for Gunners fans.
    If a defender is having a mare tomorrow he will be left on regardless. Nightmare.

15wgo0nghp2p.gif

I LOVE this man, if this is his last year lets send him off in style, man who meant most to our clubs history. Sure we may question his decisions, but no one loves Arsenal more then Arsene Wenger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Only ever known an Arsenal with Wenger and am scared of the future without him.

Not scared that the club will be worse or go downhill; but just scared that we will never have someone as long term, loyal and passionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cazorla on the left i presume with TR7 starting from the bench.

Cazorla only got back late from internationals i wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Only ever known an Arsenal with Wenger and am scared of the future without him.

Not scared that the club will be worse or go downhill; but just scared that we will never have someone as long term, loyal and passionate.

That is exactly why Arsenal has not won any title in years and why we will not win any this year again. In fact, unless something spectacular happens, we will miss out on 4th place this season.

We are afraid of change and the unknown which is why we have been stagnant. I am not saying we should emulate Chelsea and change managers every season but it shows they have ambition and not satisfied with the status quo. The only major club that has retained the same Manager was Man United until recently and they did because the Manager performed extraordinarily well. And as we all know Arsene is no Ferguson.

I am very sure the usual suspects will come here and vilify this as whining; I have great respect for people who will support their team and shy away from criticising the club even when it is glaringly clear that we are massively underachieving but they must understand there are some of us who cannot fathom the rationale behind some absolutely ridiculous decision making by Arsene and the Board.

After another shocking and bizarre transfer fiasco, I think we should start opening up our minds for a change.

Would love to see Nicky B on the bench today, better then what we have and could nod in a goal from a set piece. im not trolling btw lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 5m
    Arsenal certainly not given up on Suarez. Watch developments. But not sure if Rooney would be much easier.... #afc remain in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

KINGVictor wrote: »
    That is exactly why Arsenal has not won any title in years and why we will not win any this year again. In fact, unless something spectacular happens, we will miss out on 4th place this season.

We are afraid of change and the unknown which is why we have been stagnant. I am not saying we should emulate Chelsea and change managers every season but it shows they have ambition and not satisfied with the status quo. The only major club that has retained the same Manager was Man United until recently and they did because the Manager performed extraordinarily well. And as we all know Arsene is no Ferguson.

I am very sure the usual suspects will come here and vilify this as whining; I have great respect for people who will support their team and shy away from criticising the club even when it is glaringly clear that we are massively underachieving but they must understand there are some of us who cannot fathom the rationale behind some absolutely ridiculous decision making by Arsene and the Board.

After another shocking and bizarre transfer fiasco, I think we should start opening up our minds for a change.

You could be right about this year.

But you seem to be suggesting that if we had changed managers before now, we would have won trophies.

I don't know too many managers that guarantee trophies on zero spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 5m
    Arsenal certainly not given up on Suarez. Watch developments. But not sure if Rooney would be much easier.... #afc remain in the market.

They sure as hell better be still in the market ;).

Feels so weird not having that excitement of seeing new players to watch out for :(.

Anyway worry about that later because today is matchday :), no twitter no nothing just football :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

They sure as hell better be still in the market ;).

Feels so weird not having that excitement of seeing new players to watch out for :(.

Anyway worry about that later because today is matchday :), no twitter no nothing just football :).

Deal!

Have visions of podolski splitting the net today with a thunder left boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I know we've not bought anyone and the whole summer was a bit drab but:

THE ARSENAL ARE BACK

2v2bchy.jpg

cant wait! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement