Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Been linked with this young French lad. He's 22 but looks about 12. Deal close apparently!

http://coygooners.blogspot.ie/2013/08/arsenal-set-to-complete-second-signing.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

DenMan wrote: »
    Been linked with this young French lad. He's 22 but looks about 12. Deal close apparently!

http://coygooners.blogspot.ie/2013/08/arsenal-set-to-complete-second-signing.html

This is Wenger doing some ultimate trolling.

That's our signing?? A THIRD right back??

Hats off.

Big win and top of the league tonight for a change please :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gosplan wrote: »
    This is Wenger doing some ultimate trolling.

That's our signing?? A THIRD right back??

Hats off.

This one wouldn't bother me to much, looks like Sagna will be used as cover for CB a could play there a fair bit so another you RB wont do any harm, as long as he spend some fcuking money on a midfielder and CF I'd accept that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This one wouldn't bother me to much, looks like Sagna will be used as cover for CB a could play there a fair bit so another you RB wont do any harm, as long as he spend some fcuking money on a midfielder and CF I'd accept that.

You'd have to imagine when everyone's fit Sagna will be starting at RB though. No point having Sagna as a back up CB if he's playing every match at RB anyway. They should just buy a CB.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You'd have to imagine when everyone's fit Sagna will be starting at RB though. No point having Sagna as a back up CB if he's playing every match at RB anyway. They should just buy a CB.

I do agree he will be starting RB but he has proved he is very capable at CB so I have no problem with when needed him being slotted in there and Jenks ( who I'm a big fan of) slotting in at RB with this other lad providing cover.

I will agree it seems to be over complicating things that doesn't need to be complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Big win and top of the league tonight for a change please :P

We've been top of the league for months now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I do agree he will be starting RB but he has proved he is very capable at CB so I have no problem with when needed him being slotted in there and Jenks ( who I'm a big fan of) slotting in at RB with this other lad providing cover.

I will agree it seems to be over complicating things that doesn't need to be complicated.

hasn't sagna played decently at CB over a sample size of one game against sunderland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

DC ‏@DLDN22 12m
    Arsenal line up today; 4-2-1-3

Szczesny, Sagna, Kos, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Ramsey Chamberlain; Wilshere; Rosicky (LW), Giroud, Theo (RW).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oranage2 wrote: »
    hasn't sagna played decently at CB over a sample size of one game against sunderland?

Yup, i think this is just a signing for next year that Wenger likes the look of.

Sagna's probably not going to sign again so using him as a CB just kicks that problem down the road for another 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

why arent we throwing money at stokes door for begovic, best gk in the league.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would have thought Oxo would be on the left. Seems a bit makeshift to me that midfield. Would imagine Santi will be on for the last 20 minutes if we're struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Is there no match day thread? Or am i going blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would have put Rosicky in the middle myself. He hasn't got the legs anymore to play out wide. Chamberlain the opposite, in that I don't think he is ready to play in the middle. Swap those two and I'm happy.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Would have put Rosicky in the middle myself. He hasn't got the legs anymore to play out wide. Chamberlain the opposite, in that I don't think he is ready to play in the middle. Swap those two and I'm happy.

Yeah exactly. Would love it if the three lads prove us wrong and boss the centre today though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Has Wenger ever started a season with it been his last year on his contract?

Or is this his first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

suarez looked quite happy and relaxed at anfield watching the game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Anyone who PM'ed looking for streams you have all now been PM'ed back.

C'MON ARSENAL!

Oranage2 wrote: »

He played a good few games in pre season at CB aswell Wenger seemed to be trying him out there ;).

Just in the door turn on the game and 1-0 :)

• Advertisement

It's time for him to go. Just look at our back four for half that match. Mother of god.

jay...

...sus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

This is a catastrophe, losing at home to last years 15th place in the opening game.

I don't even know how we'd go about fixing this. There's nobody actually left to buy who could change our squad in such a short time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A mate says Arsenal have only taken 42% of the available points from September fixtures in recent years... not hard to see why.

Well done, Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

so who wants wenger out?

Disaster. Out of last man standing too :mad:

Everything that possibly could have went wrong, did. Having said that the team were poor at times and the lack of a DM was so glaringly obvious.

Patience? Yeah I think its now time to call the transfer activity what it is, a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lunatic stuff there.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-situation-been-resolved-5745736
    “I am satisfied with how everything has been resolved and we as a club are looking to the future,” said Rodgers, who refused to confirm whether the player had apologised as he said he would have to in order to be reintegrated.

“There is nothing to be said there.

“I won’t be saying anything on Luis Suarez and that is only purely out of respect for the (other) players.”

FCUK

The ref was appalling but our performance was worse, all our worst fears have been confirmed for the opening of this season :mad:. Wenger has to take the blame for this and its not good enough at all. Unbelievably angry right now.

Only bright spot for me was Wilshere a player who gives everything he can, wears his heart on his sleeve chased lick fcuk for that third goal and looked as angry as I did when it went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

But its OK right, because we have until the end of August.

What a farce this football club is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Seriously who in here still backs wenger?

so who wants wenger out?

Me absolutely.

Getting that group of players to 4th place last year was an achievement in itself. But he is absolute shocking in the transfer market. He lets all of our top players leave and signs nobodys. I'm **** sick of it at this stage and it's time for him to **** off.

A mate says Arsenal have only taken 42% of the available points from September fixtures in recent years... not hard to see why.

Well done, Wenger.

We can worry about September in September :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

what a fcuking joke.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sorry, meant August. Feels like September :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I don't want Wenger out, but if the club does not have £70m less in the bank in 2 weeks time I may reconsider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Crap. I hope the crowd let Wenger know what we think of his transfer policy. Prat.

keano_afc wrote: »
    But its OK right, because we have until the end of August.

Longest match ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Seriously who in here still backs wenger?

Calling for him to be sacked now, with the season already started and only 2 weeks left in the window, is pointless really.

We all know the lack of transfers problem.

But what I'd like to point out is that the team we had out today, at home, against Aston Villa, should have been good enough to win regardless of if we were at full strength or not.

Let's be realistic; today's match was not simply a result of not signing players, it was due to playing ****e and making bad decisions.

• Advertisement

Gibbs off injured (should be fine)
    Koscienly 1 match ban
    Sagna off injured

So, Jenkinson and Mertesacker are the only defenders 100% for next weekend, nevermind midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You can only lose three games if you want to win the league.

That's the first out of the way.

We are indeed a club in decline and is being imposed by management and the board. Heads should roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

danlen wrote: »
    Calling for him to be sacked now, with the season already started and only 2 weeks left in the window, is pointless really.

We all know the lack of transfers problem.

But what I'd like to point out is that the team we had out today, at home, against Aston Villa, should have been good enough to win regardless of if we were at full strength or not.

Let's be realistic; today's match was not simply a result of not signing players, it was due to playing ****e and making bad decisions.

Yeah right. Nothing to do with your pal Wenger and the lack of depth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

panic buy time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

FearDark wrote: »
    Me absolutely.

Getting that group of players to 4th place last year was an achievement in itself. But he is absolute shocking in the transfer market. He lets all of our top players leave and signs nobodys. I'm **** sick of it at this stage and it's time for him to **** off.

I taught he should have gone at the end of last season.

The man's has ****ing pissed on everything he's achieved with Arsenal. Leave with some grace and admit you ain't up to the task anymore. How he got away with not spending any cash on players this summer is utterly amazing. I'm glad the fan's got on his back, too long now he's got off the hooks. That performance was a shambles. Yes the ref was awful but so were we. No fan in his right mind could justify that today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Wednesday night is gonna be a long one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just nothing to say really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Missed Arteta badly out there. Villa were breaking and we had no one to hold them up. Wengers biggest mistake is not having cover of any kind for him. Disaster start to the season. Oh and we must get a center back in before next week.

I've never felt so low as an Arsenal supporter in all my life. Someone is choking this club, there is so much potential to do well and yet here we sit on day one of the PL season, possibly bottom, that aside - we're not going to loose THAT many games this season but we will loose just enough to get us 5th or 6th place which is not good enough anymore. Action needs to be taken NOW. I genuinely feel sick after watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Turning into Liverpool, disgraceful.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement