Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Wonder who we will pick up in our trolley dash now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Patience.

Get off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

danlen wrote: »
    Calling for him to be sacked now, with the season already started and only 2 weeks left in the window, is pointless really.

We all know the lack of transfers problem.

But what I'd like to point out is that the team we had out today, at home, against Aston Villa, should have been good enough to win regardless of if we were at full strength or not.

Let's be realistic; today's match was not simply a result of not signing players, it was due to playing ****e and making bad decisions.

Its not just that!

It is for the last 8 years how arsenal have been rubbish period.

What have we achieved?

How many of our star players have gone and not replaced? how many panic buys have we had? etc etc.

Its not as if this crap has just happened this summer. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I don't want Wenger out, but if the club does not have £70m less in the bank in 2 weeks time I may reconsider.

my sentiments exactly. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Get off

Sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its not just that!

It is for the last 8 years how arsenal have been rubbish period.

What have we achieved?

How many of our star players have gone and not replaced? how many panic buys have we had? etc etc.

Its not as if this crap has just happened this summer. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS!!!

But the shareholders won. They made big money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah that game made me sick being honest :/ nothing more to say I've always supported wenger ....But looking back on this summer , We didn't sell any top players...but we still sold the rest of them

I don't want Wenger out, but if the club does not have £70m less in the bank in 2 weeks time I may reconsider.

I bet you have said the exact same quote for the past 10 years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looper007 wrote: »
    Get off

Someones sarcasm detector is switched off.

Wenger will probably blame the referee for the entire thing. Just wait and see.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    I've never felt so low as an Arsenal supporter in all my life. Someone is choking this club, there is so much potential to do well and yet here we sit on day one of the PL season, possibly bottom, that aside - we're not going to loose THAT many games this season but we will loose just enough to get us 5th or 6th place which is not good enough anymore. Action needs to be taken NOW. I genuinely feel sick after watching that.

our midfield was overrun, we clearly need a DM. We need a bit of pace, Creativity and strength up forward, that's another buy. A Centre back is needed. A experienced Goal keeper. Wenger will spew out some old crap but he has lost the fans and will have to buy no matter what. Expect the usual French league signings and bargain basement drivel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Something I noticed during the Napoli game, but it seems it's the same old Arsenal - for good and bad..

Someones sarcasm detector is switched off.

No time for Sarcasm now Marty. This is some serious **** going down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

That team has no backbone whatsoever. The players must be worried themselves seeing nobody come in, it was clear they were under immense pressure today. When one or two decisions went against us we absolutely fell apart. No leadership at all and nobody to take control of the game. Jack tried, got fouled a few times and instead of getting on with it he whinged and moaned and got frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Luis price has just gone up a notch!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quazzie wrote: »
    You can only lose three games if you want to win the league.

That's the first out of the way.

We are indeed a club in decline and is being imposed by management and the board. Heads should roll.

That's the spirit, united lost their first match last year sure. :p

Seriously though, my patience with Wenger is almost at an end now. We need something special from him in the transfer market now, and we need three or 4 of them or he can bugger off.

Even leaving the shocking referee aside we were awful today. Got off to such a good start too.

All the problems we seemed to have overcome for the last stretch of last season seem to have returned. Mainly toothless upfront, fragile at the back, lacking physicality in too many areas and just too damn easy to play against.

On another note, I couldn't watch the last few minutes, what happened to Sagna? Has he really broken his neck or something?

dfx- wrote: »
    Something I noticed during the Napoli game, but it seems it's the same old Arsenal - for good and bad..

I think that City game glossed over many of our defects. But today it's clear it's a team that's needs buys. It's sad to see a team like Villa come to our stadium and make us look like mugs. with a few great signings we would have beaten them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Raf32 wrote: »
    Turning into Liverpool, disgraceful.

Liverpool spend money though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Seriously who in here still backs wenger?

I do. He has done it every year for years now, often on a fraction of our rivals budgets. This is the first time he has really had the money to spend. If he doesnt buy following today, I'll reconsider. But as of now, I'm still backing him. Ask me again in two and a half weeks, and it could be a very different answer.

• Advertisement

I think this is the first time most Arsenal supporters want Wenger gone if he doesn't spend in two weeks. The boo's at the end of that game surely mean he has to go out and be seen to do something now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We need 5 to 6 players in the next two weeks, thats a signing every two days, not going to happen and we will battle Liverpool and Everton for 5th, 6th and 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Trouble lies ahead if something doesn't change and quick...

Hope Sagna is o.k.

Mickeroo wrote: »

On another note, I couldn't watch the last few minutes, what happened to Sagna? Has he really broken his neck or something?

He came down head over heels seriously hard on his neck/head it didn't look good at all.

He walked off the pitch but didn't look comfortable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I do. He has done it every year for years now, often on a fraction of our rivals budgets. This is the first time he has really had the money to spend. If he doesnt buy following today, I'll reconsider. But as of now, I'm still backing him. Ask me again in two and a half weeks, and it could be a very different answer.

Can we ask you if Fenerbache hammer us on Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

On the plus side we've gotten the usual implosion out of the way early this year, instead of after Christmas. So yeah...silver linings and all that.

• Advertisement

No. Just when it seems we are at breaking point we always eek out a win to keep some fans happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They won't because there won't be 2 penalties and a red card. I'm up for a meltdown, today showed a serious lack of strength in dept and the poor planning of the transfer window, but I still think we will beat Fenerbache, there were a fair few freak incidents today that really didn't help.

The body-language of the players told a lot today. No fight. Some of them didn't want to know in the 2nd half Walcott in particular. He is really dire when the chips are down. Some of them are clearly not goog enough for Arsenal. We need more than 3/4 class players to make anything of this team.

AdamD wrote: »
    They won't because there won't be 2 penalties and a red card. I'm up for a meltdown, today showed a serious lack of strength in dept and the poor planning of the transfer window, but I still think we will beat Fenerbache, there were a fair few freak incidents today that really didn't help.

I think we would have thought we would beat Fernerbache but I'm very worried about the denfence now we were thread bare before this game now it could be even worse.

FearDark wrote: »
    I think this is the first time most Arsenal supporters want Wenger gone if he doesn't spend in two weeks. The boo's at the end of that game surely mean he has to go out and be seen to do something now.

He has to spend careful and on a few signings. Two or three won't do now, he's needs to go out and show the fan's he means business. If he only makes one, I see him gone by mid season. I'm glad the fan's have got on his back, far to long living on his past glories. He's let our best players go, he hasn't spend over 15 million on a player and thinks this team is good enough to win the league. His career at Arsenal will be defined over the next two weeks. If he doesn't buy he's gone.

• Advertisement

What exactly has he done?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

What AW did for Arsenal in terms of completely changing the way the club played the game was amazing. I genuinely fear that all that will be forgotten if he continues this season without major signings in the next two weeks. But who is there we could sign now? And if he goes who would replace him?

Very very hard to be rational and keep a cool head in times like this :(

I think its fair to get a bit of perspective on the situation and the first thing ill mention is the most important thing that Im glad that Sagna and Gibbs are both ok after the sickening injuries they picked up. Sagna's fall in particular was horrific. I just couldnt bring myself to watch that the second time round

Secondly, i felt the officiating today was utterly shocking at times. Villa were allowed cynically foul Wilshere all game and yet Koscielny received a yellow for a perfect tackle? We had a good shout for a penalty today also

On our so called 'transfer policy'.....we had a gaping hole in front of the back 4 that Villa to their credit exploited time and again today. Our midfield was completely ate alive and our backs were under the cosh from the off hence the penalties and getting caught for the third. What we could have done with the likes of Gustavo there today protecting the back 4 only penny pinching has prevented this.

It would seem we are left to hope for another trolley dash at the very best and at worst our club (the dearest ticket in the land) will continue to act deluded and away with the fairies :mad:

Jaafa wrote: »
    On the plus side we've gotten the usual implosion out of the way early this year, instead of after Christmas. So yeah...silver linings and all that.

Nothing positive to take from this at all except the fan's turning on Wenger to make him spend. I didn't want us to have any implosions at all this season.

Id also like to add what an absolute w@nker Agbonlahor acted by clapping the sending off. A total disgrace!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Plus ca change

Not a hammering but wouldn't be surprised if we got knocked out over two legs. I just fear for this team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kept us there or thereabouts with fcuk all money to spend. Finishing outside the Top 4 during that time would have left us in an even worse position. We usually had to sell to buy. This is the first time he didnt have to sell important players to get funds. Unfortunately he has yet to use them.

He has a little over two weeks before I question his position.

4th highest wage bill for the last few years, as I've said before, he hasn't done an outstanding job for quite a while.

Kept us there or thereabouts with fcuk all money to spend. Finishing outside the Top 4 during that time would have left us in an even worse position. We usually had to sell to buy. This is the first time he didnt have to sell important players to get funds. Unfortunately he has yet to use them.

So he's been lying for the last half dozen transfer windows about having money to spend?

Anyway on the plus side at least anyone we try to buy should have a few million lopped off their price :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wheres all the folk now who was giving me grief when I said we were a joke for not signing anybody and they kept saying wait till september???? We will be beat out in Turkey as well with the injuries we have, bye bye Champions Lge!!

Imagine to ask fans to pay top buck for tickets, imagine to then state we are in a solid financial position and then imagine the audacity not to add any notable players to the squad after this..:mad:

A proper 'Fúck you' to the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

How do you know we had no money?

I don't believe anything that comes from Wenger or the clubs mouth anymore.

If finishing ahead of Spurs or in 4th place is our main goal then I feel sorry for this great club. We have won nothing since the F.A. Cup in 2005 FFS. That is not good enough.
    When fans are more worried about finances and what players earn than what is won I feel like crying for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wheres all the folk now who was giving me grief when I said we were a joke for not signing anybody and they kept saying wait till september???? We will be beat out in Turkey as well with the injuries we have, bye bye Champions Lge!!

i will be careful before the Big guns come out and call you a whiner :rolleyes:

Let us be patient= Arsene knows!

Panic buys from France in the next couple of days next. :(

nothing.

I have told everyone here before how i wanted wenger out years ago. I guess what it would take for all fans to see where i am coming from is for us to not qualify for the CL.

But i may ask you people who back wenger. Why do you have to wait for such a thing as whether he should spend or not? or whetehr we quality for CL this season?

Why does it have to come to the extreme for some people to realise a mistake? a flaw etc?

Me personally in life if i see a flaw/mistake , i will voice it and deal with it before it becomes extreme. Same with wenger. i Wanted wenger gone 4-5 years ago BECAUSE i saw the mistakes and flaws that most of you now see?

Had we got rid of wenger 4-5 years ago we would have been better off.

A manager like Klopp or whoever would have took over a team with fabregas, Nasri, RVP, Adebayor,etc etc and helped make us title challengers again.

Now when wenger leaves u got Girud, walcott, Ramsey etc. a pathetic team

Gringo180 wrote: »

Stop being a muppet and looking for a row :cool:.

Imagine to ask fans to pay top buck for tickets, imagine to then state we are in a solid financial position and then imagine the audacity not to add any notable players to the squad after this..:mad:

A proper 'Fúck you' to the fans.

Im one of those idiots who just bought tickets to our last CL game, Home against galatasary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Stop being a muppet and looking for a row :cool:.

How am I? I was constantly told I was been negative anytime I posted we badly needed some quality and was told the team was good enough to beat Villa, Fenerbache and Fulham and to wait till the transfer window closes to judge??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Bollox. Just realised I had kos in my
    FF team!! And I'm out f last man standing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement