Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Seven years ago Villa played us at the first ever game at the Emirates, it finished a disappointing 1-1 draw with Mellberg scoring for Villa and us just about scraping a draw from it. Honestly, what have we done in the meantime. Nothing. Loose our top players to other clubs and continue playing for the 4th place trophy.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH MR WENGER.

nothing.

I have told everyone here before how i wanted wenger out years ago. I guess what it would take for all fans to see where i am coming from is for us to not qualify for the CL.

But i may ask you people who back wenger. Why do you have to wait for such a thing as whether he should spend or not? or whetehr we quality for CL this season?

Why does it have to come to the extreme for some people to realise a mistake? a flaw etc?

Me personally in life if i see a flaw/mistake , i will voice it and deal with it before it becomes extreme. Same with wenger. i Wanted wenger gone 4-5 years ago BECAUSE i saw the mistakes and flaws that most of you now see?

Had we got rid of wenger 4-5 years ago we would have been better off.

A manager like Klopp or whoever would have took over a team with fabregas, Nasri, RVP, Adebayor,etc etc and helped make us title challengers again.

Now when wenger leaves u got Girud, walcott, Ramsey etc. a pathetic team

People are giving Giroud an awful hammering. He scored today despite living on scraps ffs!

I think we lost it in the midfield today and while i would think Arteta tends to be a bit cagey and reluctant to drive forward, his absence was well noted. Ramsey was very very poor and Santi Cazorla doesn't want to hear of having to battle. Only Mozart and Jack came out with any sort of credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Poor performance.

Ref was piss as well though which seemed to get under the skin of the players. Lost their shape and composure completely.

Has anyone else been thinking that maybe, just maybe, the reason we didn't sell our best player this summer is because we actually don't have any stand-out players that other top clubs are after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

KINGVictor wrote: »
    i will be careful before the Big guns come out and call you a whiner :rolleyes:

Let us be patient= Arsene knows!

Panic buys from France in the next couple of days next. :(

The whiners will have to been dropped on their heads to justify that display and Wenger's lack of spending.

I be patient for the last two seasons with Wenger, now he's taking the piss.

Yep, the cheap French buys and some unknown youngsters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Has anyone else been thinking that maybe, just maybe, the reason we didn't sell our best player this summer is because we actually don't have any stand-out players that other top clubs are after?

We can look forward to selling Cazorla next year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gringo180 wrote: »
    How am I? I was constantly told I was been negative anytime I posted we badly needed some quality and was told the team was good enough to beat Villa, Fenerbache and Fulham and to wait till the transfer window closes to judge??

Because that was a post clearly typed to antogonise certain people.

I've said it before at the end of the day were all Arsenal fans and want to see the team doing well, and after a loss like today people tend to be more worked up, annoyed and rightly so. Fair enough vent your anger at the team, board, performance but cut out the bull****.

The team was and is good enough to beat Villa, Fernerbache and Fulham but today was a poor performance a very very poor performance no doubt but lets not make out like every player we have is shiit either try keep some perspective ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

FearDark wrote: »

And Wilshere, who god love him tried his heart out today. What must he and the players be thinking now??

FearDark wrote: »

Fault for one of the goals today and was shíte. Would be no loss on that showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I've said it before at the end of the day were all Arsenal fans and want to see the team doing well, and after a loss like today people tend to be more worked up, annoyed and rightly so. Fair enough vent your anger at the team, board, performance but cut out the bull****.

The team was and is good enough to beat Villa, Fernerbache and Fulham but today was a poor performance a very very poor performance no doubt but lets not make out like every player we have is shiit either try keep some perspective ;).
    I just have enough of it at this stage how can Wenger not see we lack so much star quality????

• Advertisement

People are giving Giroud an awful hammering. He scored today despite living on scraps ffs!

he's a hard working lad but he's not a first teamer and shouldn't be a team going for the league title main striker. Sorry he has his fans but it takes him 20 chances to score one goal. He had two or three good chances to score today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fault for one of the goals today and was shíte. Would be no loss on that showing.

Its a good thing we can judge him on his other 50 appearances for the club and call him our best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im very worried about wednesday now. Whatever about the league, we have 37 games to get that right but the Champions league qualifier is right upon us and this team doesnt look up for it at all. No signings are of any use to us against Fenerbache now as the dealine has passed and missing out on cl football would be sickening altogether.
    If Villa can come to the emirates and turn us over then i really fear going to Turkey, especially after a sh1t result the morale will be low

It's the fatalistic acceptance of the **** from the team, board etc. by a large proportion of the fans that gives them carte blanche to continue the same ****.

I just have enough of it at this stage how can Wenger not see we lack so much star quality????

He's had it to easy at Arsenal for far too. He thinks he's untouchable. Today proved he ain't. He will spend but on the quality I don't know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

How am I? I was constantly told I was been negative anytime I posted we badly needed some quality and was told the team was good enough to beat Villa, Fenerbache and Fulham and to wait till the transfer window closes to judge??

The team you put out today is good enough to beat Villa (and those other teams) though obviously that didnt happen today. I think the thing about a lot of the recent negativity comments in here was that everybody and their dog knows Arsenal need to sign some quality players ASAP and that repeatidly stating that in a critical way (how else can you say it really) does not make good reading for anyone and can make the thread horrible for your fellow fans. I dont think the vast majority of Arsenal fans were saying you were wrong in what you were saying though and todays injuries (and the ones running up to this game) plus Koscielny's suspension have just further emphasised your and others point that I think everyone gets (they dont need to be repeatidly convinced of it).

anyway I actually came in here to say hard luck lads, I hope you guys do recruit new faces that everyone knows you need to strenghten both your first 11 and squad but today just wasnt your day, as I said in the match thread
    It was the perfect storm of stuff going wrong for Arsenal after taking an early lead. The ref creating a stop start game, Gibbs butting Baker (might have been someone else) and needing stitches so had to be subbed off, that meant playing a RB at LB, 2 penalties against you one of which was not a penalty imo, a CB being sent off creating a totally makeshift defense and then having the chase the game against a team with more men who had already been set up to play the counter and were doing quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

True Marty but I believe the players know we are far too short of class players, they don't believe we can challenge and their performance mirrored that. I think they might even be starting to doubt the boss. Weren't they calling for additions too.

I think were all equally baffled by that one to be honest.
    Looper007 wrote: »
    he's a hard working lad but he's not a first teamer and shouldn't be a team going for the league title main striker. Sorry he has his fans but it takes him 20 chances to score one goal. He had two or three good chances to score today.

I'm with yeh on this one I do like Giroud great player to have in the squad but he just doesn't do enough for me to be leading the line for Arsenal we need someone a step or two above his level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mourinho said when he was at Chelsea all those years ago Wenger has it too easy because he hasn't won anything, what's it 4 or 5 year later he is back in the league and what has changed from what he said?

Nothing only time.

AdamD wrote: »
    Its a good thing we can judge him on his other 50 appearances for the club and call him our best player

Not on all 50. People only tend to see the good in Cazorla but ive noticed a worrying trend in alot of his games where he tends to go missing and doesnt get involved half as much as he should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I gotta give some credit to villa. They played their game very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If yer man who just reffed the Arsenal game gets another Premier League game anytime soon I'll be shocked, he was atrocious for both teams and there was zero consistency.

The next few weeks should be fun. With Koscielny suspended there is only one available CB at the club for the Fulham game. Sagna took a shocker of a fall near the end of the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a game or two.

First game of the season and we finished with Ramsey at CB and Podolski at LB ffs. Wenger needs to get his finger out and start signing some players, we have no squad whatsoever. We started today with 16 fit barely senior players and three went off injured.

The team we had out there today should have had enough to beat Villa certainly, but all it's done is show just how badly we've been hurt by Wengers complete negligence in the transfer market this summer.

Only good thing to come out of today is it might panic him into spending some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

The team you put out today is good enough to beat Villa (and those other teams) though obviously that didnt happen today. I think the thing about a lot of the recent negativity comments in here was that everybody and their dog knows Arsenal need to sign some quality players ASAP and that repeatidly stating that in a critical way (how else can you say it really) does not make good reading for anyone and can make the thread horrible for your fellow fans. I dont think the vast majority of Arsenal fans were saying you were wrong in what you were saying though and todays injuries (and the ones running up to this game) plus Koscielny's suspension have just further emphasised your and others point that I think everyone gets (they dont need to be repeatidly convinced of it).

anyway I actually came in here to say hard luck lads, I hope you guys do recruit new faces that everyone knows you need to strenghten both your first 11 and squad but today just wasnt your day, as I said in the match thread

Amazing, the most intelligent post I've seen in this thread for God knows how long and it comes from someone who's not an Arsenal fan.

A lot of people need to read this. And then read it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

If we're all honest I don't think this was such a big surprise - we almost didn't show Villa any respect before the game - this could go very bad very quickly - I seriously doubt that any high profile players will want to join Arsenal - maybe as a stepping stone ... we lost an oppertunity to signal our intent - it wouldn't have been reckless spending - now I fear we'll be left in any empty shop with a fist full of cash - and any club with any sense is going to add +£m because they know we need strength in depth. I don't think our rivals will be losing too much sleep after this showing ... certainly the Turks will be happy ... maybe we need a storm ... TBH I don't know what we need - even two or three players now will not turn us into challengers ... looks like we've lost all ambition

I'm with yeh on this one I do like Giroud great player to have in the squad but he just doesn't do enough for me to be leading the line for Arsenal we need someone a step or two above his level.

He's a striker i'd put on for FA Cup games, Carling Cup and the odd PL game when you need to rest your top striker. He lacks pace which was shown today and he should be more clinical.

Frisbee wrote: »
    If yer man who just reffed the Arsenal game gets another Premier League game anytime soon I'll be shocked, he was atrocious for both teams and there was zero consistency.

The next few weeks should be fun. With Koscielny suspended there is only one available CB at the club for the Fulham game. Sagna took a shocker of a fall near the end of the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a game or two.

First game of the season and we finished with Ramsey at CB and Podolski at LB ffs. Wenger needs to get his finger out and start signing some players, we have no squad whatsoever. We started today with 16 fit barely senior players and three went off injured.

The team we had out there today should have had enough to beat Villa certainly, but all it's done is show just how badly we've been hurt by Wengers complete negligence in the transfer market this summer.

Only good thing to come out of today is it might panic him into spending some money.

Never seen a fall as bad to be honest. Horrible. I worried whether he would come up after it tbh

The one consolation i can take from todays sorry affair is that both him and Gibbs will be alright

True Marty but I believe the players know we are far too short of class players, they don't believe we can challenge and their performance mirrored that. I think they might even be starting to doubt the boss. Weren't they calling for additions too.

It was all set up nicely for us. A content camp growing in belief, bit of money to spend, and all the deadwood going one by one.......and now its all gone pete tong. Few weeks ago Jack was licking his lips at the prospect of feeding passes to Gonzalo Higuain but now the best he can hope for is to give a pass to Park Ju Yeung mark 2

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

danlen wrote: »
    Amazing, the most intelligent post I've seen in this thread for God knows how long and it comes from someone who's not an Arsenal fan.

A lot of people need to read this. And then read it again.

Except I've seen us play too many games like this ... and I mean yes ... at the Emirates. When Arsene speaks about quality he is not speaking the same language when he spoke about the quality of Bergkamp, Pires, Henry ... think of the least talented player of the Invincibles ... he'd walk onto this present team ... that's reality.

Oh I do truely believe players like fans get excited by new arrivals and it helps boost confidence and moral in the team, you could see it in them all summer they seemed to be buzzing at the prospect of certain players joining.

As much as us fans are de moralized by this summer I'd say they are just as much if not worse.

Once again in a summer transfer window we have left ourselves in a shocking state and only have oursleves to blame no else.

I feel sorry for the like of Wilshere who not only plays but is a fan aswell and gives his all everytime he pulls on that shirt must it be.

The board and Wenger need to wake up soon before we end up like Liverpool or worse.

• Advertisement

He's a striker i'd put on for FA Cup games, Carling Cup and the odd PL game when you need to rest your top striker. He lacks pace which was shown today and he should be more clinical.

I think despite rating him Wenger agrees with you, he is afterall trying to sign a star CF. I'm going to leave this thread for a while because I think trying to be the voice of reason while being a Villa fan after that game might not be a good idea but the amount you repeatidly run down Giroud you would think your personally hate the man.

ugsparky wrote: »
    If we're all honest I don't think this was such a big surprise - we almost didn't show Villa any respect before the game - this could go very bad very quickly - I seriously doubt that any high profile players will want to join Arsenal - maybe as a stepping stone ... we lost an oppertunity to signal our intent - it wouldn't have been reckless spending - now I fear we'll be left in any empty shop with a fist full of cash - and any club with any sense is going to add +£m because they know we need strength in depth. I don't think our rivals will be losing too much sleep after this showing ... certainly the Turks will be happy ... maybe we need a storm ... TBH I don't know what we need - even two or three players now will not turn us into challengers ... looks like we've lost all ambition

A few fan's on here were getting very cocky last night saying Villa would be walk overs. I said Villa will be a team to watch and they look like they will be. Wenger should have set out this summer made the big signings and showed his intent. But no he sprouted the same old crap and look how we start the season of. I think the Turks will fancy taking us on, nothing to be scared off.

I don't think Wenger got it yet though. He seems to be a slow learner our Mr Wenger. he doesn't seem to have heard any of the booing last year or the year before but maybe if it's repeated this year he might eventually hear it.

I think despite rating him Wenger agrees with you, he is afterall trying to sign a star CF. I'm going to leave this thread for a while because I think trying to be the voice of reason while being a Villa fan after that game might not be a good idea but the amount you repeatidly run down Giroud you would think your personally hate the man.

Don't hate him just don't rate him. Sorry Arsenal shouldn't have gone into the league season with him as our main striker.

I don't think Wenger got it yet though. He seems to be a slow learner our Mr Wenger. he doesn't seem to have heard any of the booing last year or the year before but maybe if it's repeated this year he might eventually hear it.

yeah but I was talking about on this thread, somehow I doubt Wenger reads this thread.

yeah I said id leave the thread for a but but if someone quotes me i've an excuse for not sticking to that imo

To be honest I don't think booing helps at all I get the reason behind it of coarse but there has to be better ways to show your anger as a fan.

By booing at the games all were doing is having a negative effect on our own players which is the last thing we want or need.

• Advertisement

Agbonlahor isn't good enough to regularly play for a team who wish to win the CL or PL. Does making that obvious statement mean I hate the man? If not then why does replacing the name with "Giroud" indicate that someone hates him? He's not good enough, it really is that ****ing simple. Honestly I wonder how the **** some people's brains work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Maybe its just as well that we got beaten today, in that Wenger will have to do something now, and a win would have just have him stick to his own stubborn policy.

Michu playing very well so far for Swansea. 3 million he cost and he's looks like a very very good player. Landrup would be a very good replacement for Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Michu playing very well so far for Swansea. 3 million he cost and he's looks like a very very good player. Landrup would be a very good replacement for Wenger.

Yeah I said this the other night. Laudrup is gonna have a huge leap wherever his next managerial job is, so I'd love to see him at us.

To be honest I don't think booing helps at all I get the reason behind it of coarse but there has to be better ways to show your anger as a fan.

By booing at the games all were doing is having a negative effect on our own players which is the last thing we want or need.

It's simple, Buy players and you won't get a negative vibe. It's been calling out for the last two years and i'm glad the fan's turned on him. He's been taking the piss for years. The lack of ambition at our club is really depressing.

• Advertisement

yeah but I was talking about on this thread, somehow I doubt Wenger reads this thread.

yeah I said id leave the thread for a but but if someone quotes me i've an excuse for not sticking to that imo

The reason is that it's same ole, same ole for Wenger. Refusing to spend and letting the standard decrease annually. People are fed up of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It's going to take time for the new signings to gel together. Just need to be patient.

Yeah I said this the other night. Laudrup is gonna have a huge leap wherever his next managerial job is, so I'd love to see him at us.

If he brings Michu with him, he buys very well. That Swansea team I think could be a team to watch out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was just thinking the same here. A manager like Laudrup would be the ideal successor to Arsene.

It does not help. But tweeting, sending E-mails to the club have not helped either.
    The anger will always come out. It was directed at Wenger today as every other season but will have little effect I feel. He's too stubborn and far too comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else worried about the game on Wednesday night?

Agbonlahor isn't good enough to regularly play for a team who wish to win the CL or PL. Does making that obvious statement mean I hate the man? If not then why does replacing the name with "Giroud" indicate that someone hates him? He's not good enough, it really is that ****ing simple. Honestly I wonder how the **** some people's brains work.

no but if every statement you made where Girouds name was mentioned was very negative about the guy then it makes for hard reading and sounds like you really dont like the guy. I wasn't just refering to that 1 post and it was a further example of my point above about people getting your points already. I'm sure Looper does not mean to come across that way but if you read back over that specific posters points on that specific player it does come across as very Harsh on the lad and him not being the quality wanted as the starting CF for a side like Arsenal is a point I think everyone 100% gets at this stage, even Arsene Wenger who afterall has been chasing a CF (Suarez, Higuain, Rooney etc) he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think Giroud despite being a good player wasn't what Arsenal need as their starting CF.

djPSB wrote: »
    It's going to take time for the new signings to gel together. Just need to be patient.

If he buys well (which I don't think he will) then the fans will get off his back. If he buys the usual French league and bargin drivel then he's just digging his own grave.

Stop being negative, support the team, there's two weeks to bring in players, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Petrified by it! One if we take a beating and secondly if we lose more players because of injury as I expect the Turks to tackle heavily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement