Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

djPSB wrote: »
    It's going to take time for the new signings to gel together. Just need to be patient.

We need to sign players first then we can worry about giving them time to gel together ;):pac:.

no but if every statement you made where Girouds name was mentioned was very negative about the guy then it makes for hard reading and sounds like you really dont like the guy. I wasn't just refering to that 1 post and it was a further example of my point above about people getting your points already. I'm sure Looper does not mean to come across that way but if you read back over that specific posters points on that specific player it does come across as very Harsh on the lad and him not being the quality wanted as the starting CF for a side like Arsenal is a point I think everyone 100% gets at this stage, even Arsene Wenger who afterall has been chasing a CF (Suarez, Higuain, Rooney etc) he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think Giroud despite being a good player wasn't what Arsenal need as their starting CF.

I still don't see the problem with being critical (sometimes very) of Giroud. He's incredibly frustrating to watch match after match doing stupid flicks and round-the-corner passes to someone he's imagined will be there.

Spoiler for the United match: See what that guy just did for United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And RVP scores again. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

And van p scores, reminding us why he left this sinking ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Our mate scoring for Utd again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Taken from the BBC
    It was a indication of Arsenal's lack of transfer activity that their starting line-up was identical to the side which finished the final match of last season away to Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23644714

What a joke

Ah lads leave the Van Persie stuff outside of this thread he's gone done and dusted a long time ago now.

I can't stand the man and the last thing i want to read when I come in here is people talking about him leave him in the past were he belongs :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Only saw result a few minutes ago. What a disaster of a start to any season especially at home in front of a packed Emirates FFS!

Stop being negative, support the team, there's two weeks to bring in players, etc.

You forgot AKB :D

Im really looking forward to the post match interview with Arsene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sergio wrote: »
    Only saw result a few minutes ago. What a disaster of a start to any season especially at home in front of a packed Emirates FFS!

The season tickets were all snapped up on the banks of promises made by the board and management. The fans were lead along on a merry dance all the time the club was counting the cash they'd never spend.

Ah lads leave the Van Persie stuff outside of this thread he's gone done and dusted a long time ago now.

I can't stand the man and the last thing i want to read when I come in here is people talking about him leave him in the past were he belongs :o.
    Why can't you stand him?

I have great respect for him leaving, he is a winner and that certainly wasn't gonna happen at arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

What kills me is just the lack of ambition the club is shown. It seems to me they are happy with getting fourth sadly. Wenger clearly is never going to be a manager that spends a lot of cash and is to stubborn to see his wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We always play **** without Arteta.

Very risky that there was no backup to him last season.

Simply incomprehensible that there's still no backup.

By my calculations, if Sagna is injured, we actually don't have 2 central defenders for our next league match.

I wish there was some explanation as to why he took these risks.

I'm just a guy who follows Arsenal on the TV and heads over the odd time - though far less since kids.

If I was a season ticket holder, I'd be furious.

Why can't you stand him?

I have great respect for him leaving, he is a winner and that certainly wasn't gonna happen at arsenal.

I don't hate him as you said he wanted to win things and he saw Wenger and co didn't see it as he did. Going to Utd sucked would have been nice if he went aboard. I don't think he ever be welcome back to Arsenal with opening arms when he retires but I doubt he cares one jot with the winner EPL medal he has.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Our mate scoring for Utd again.

Welbeck up to his old tricks again I see

• Advertisement

Why can't you stand him?

Because he went to a club that although a step above us is still an old rival, his "you guys" statement. I've lots of reason I couldn't be arsed going into congrats he is doing well doesn't mean I have to like the man or respect him or I want to read about a United player in an Arsenal thread ;).

As I've said before how a player leaves a club has a huge input on how fans will view him some have left and have wished them all the best some have left leaving a very sour taste in my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

To a certain extent I think a lot of people are letting the team who played today off with a lot.

Everything pretty much seems to be at Wenger and lack of transfers. But we knew about that pre-game. As I said earlier that can't be give as the reason for that result today. Regardless of whether we are good enough to do well this season (we know we're not atm), the point still remains that the team that played today should have been able to take care of Villa at home.

Let's discuss perhaps what the team did wrong, how it can be fixed tactically and what approach to take for Wednesday. Banging on about signings is kind of missing the point.

Meh
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, whose side were booed at the final whistle, when the Emirates Stadium was near-empty: "We started well but, after that, everything went wrong - injuries, decisions, going down to 10 men and the chances missed. It was a bad day, not on the quality of our display but everything went against us.

"I'm not happy with the (second penalty) decision but I'm more unhappy with the spirit the referee let the game go in, I was quite amazed.

"But it's not my job to talk too much about that, I have to take care of the team. What hurts me is to disappoint people who love the club. All the rest I have to live with, but I'm here to make people happy and when I do not I can only say sorry and come back and make them happy in the next game. We could have won the game today with the players we had on the pitch, I'm convinced of that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23725403

Utter crap. Everyone's fault except his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just gutted after that lads really am and its a first time I have ever seen an Arsenal crowd been so vocal against the team, everybody has just seemed to have lost faith in the way the club is been run and how can anybody blame us. Were Arsenal Football club we are better than this. SICK

• Advertisement

danlen wrote: »
    To a certain extent I think a lot of people are letting the team who played today off with a lot.

Everything pretty much seems to be at Wenger and lack of transfers. But we knew about that pre-game. As I said earlier that can't be give as the reason for that result today. Regardless of whether we are good enough to do well this season (we know we're not atm), the point still remains that the team that played today should have been able to take care of Villa at home.

Let's discuss perhaps what the team did wrong, how it can be fixed tactically and what approach to take for Wednesday. Banging on about signings is kind of missing the point.

It's not missing the point having Wenger splashed the cash on a Good DM and top striker, we would have won today. Giroud ain't good enough, our GK is a walking punchline and our squad is light. Wenger and his lack of spending is bang on point.

Why couldn't we have done with van p what Liverpool have done with Suarez, Ye he had a year left but so what, take the 25 million loss instead of bending over and giving our rivals our best player but no our board couldn't resist the dangling cash , fair play to Liverpool.

oh **** off Wenger, he believes his own waffle. just leave already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, whose side play Fenerbahce on Wednesday in the first leg of a crucial Champions League qualifier: "We're not happy, we've got to look at ourselves. We've got a big qualifier coming up in the Champions League. There can be no mistakes now - we've got to push on. We've got to pick ourselves up and go again.

"We felt good going in, confident and started well. But we dropped our level. We tried to pick it up again but they got the penalty."

On seeing many fans leave early and then the boos at the final whistle from the few who remained: "It is understandable, they pay their money to watch us and we need to put in better performances and win games. My message to them is to stick with us - it's a long season."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Quazzie wrote: »
    The season tickets were all snapped up on the banks of promises made by the board and management. The fans were lead along on a merry dance all the time the club was counting the cash they'd never spend.

That's not true. There is a waiting list for season tickets and a relative of mine is still on it so that implies that they sell out every season.

That's just some rumour that actually seems logical that someone spread around.

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, whose side play Fenerbahce on Wednesday in the first leg of a crucial Champions League qualifier: "We're not happy, we've got to look at ourselves. We've got a big qualifier coming up in the Champions League. There can be no mistakes now - we've got to push on. We've got to pick ourselves up and go again.

"We felt good going in, confident and started well. But we dropped our level. We tried to pick it up again but they got the penalty."

On seeing many fans leave early and then the boos at the final whistle from the few who remained: "It is understandable, they pay their money to watch us and we need to put in better performances and win games. My message to them is to stick with us - it's a long season."

I fcuking love Wilshere. Th only player on the team who I feel always looks like he tries his hardest and cares. Even if he wasn't the most talented of players (gladly he is) it's that characteristic I love to see in a player when they pull on a Arsenal jersey or of any team I throw my support behind such as Ireland.

Why couldn't we have done with van p what Liverpool have done with Suarez, Ye he had a year left but so what, take the 25 million loss instead of bending over and giving our rivals our best player but no our board couldn't resist the dangling cash , fair play to Liverpool.

We should have done the same to Fabergas as well. Made Barcelona pay over the odds for him. If he wasn't happy tell him to shut up and play. He would snapped out of it after a while. Van persie we could have taken a hit but been paid over 20 million for an injury prone 29 year old was good money. Still think going to Utd was a bit of slap to Arsenal after the years we stood by him through injuries and his rape change. But loyalty means F all these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

No club will take the loss. It just won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

On a more minor scale, I think Fabianski should get his place back against Fenerbahce.

Flappy did very well last season and only lost his place because of injury so I feel that he deserves his chance in mid-week; especially after Chesney's unconvincing display today.

I fcuking love Wilshere. Th only player on the team who I feel always looks like he tries his hardest and cares. Even if he wasn't the most talented of players (gladly he is) it's that characteristic I love to see in a player when they pull on a Arsenal jersey or of any team I throw my support behind such as Ireland.

It's not that they don't try some of the guys most are not first team top 4 players. good squad members. Wilshire love the guy but even he must think he has to get off this sinking ship sooner rather then later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So who expects a signing or two between now and our next PL game, and if so, how many?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I expect a reactionary defensive signing who will sit on the bench for the next three years pulling a massive wage because he is nowhere near good enough for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

pics like this just make me so mad and pissed. ****ing. off.

999120_646038515407594_951144379_n.jpg

cathalio11 wrote: »
    On a more minor scale, I think Fabianski should get his place back against Fenerbahce.

Flappy did very well last season and only lost his place because of injury so I feel that he deserves his chance in mid-week; especially after Chesney's unconvincing display today.

I think we should buy a experience GK. Chesney and his daddy can piss and moan all they like, he's not good enough yet to be 1st teamer yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So who expects a signing or two between now and our next PL game, and if so, how many?

We have to buy a centre back. Have to. And in time for th next PL game

Looper007 wrote: »
    It's not that they don't try some of the guys most are not first team top 4 players. good squad members. Wilshire love the guy but even he must think he has to get off this sinking ship sooner rather then later.

I wasn't aiming that as a bashing towards any of the other players in the squad some of our players are very talented, its just a a fact there is very few footballers in football these days that show that same desire, hunger and passion as Wilshere does which is why I love him as an Arsenal player.

And oi stop of that pessimistic talk of Wilshere leaving maybe in the future this season no or next season no in the future who knows but we have enough pessimistic talk in here without adding that into the mix ;).

I think we need 5 singings at the end of the window. Three top quality signings and two squad members. I think we need two in before Fulham, a DM and CB. A top quality Forward I can wait for until the end and a experience GK and maybe a squad member. We need to buy, no if's or but's now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We need to sign a defensive midfielder and fast. Considering Martinez went to Bayern for £35m then I think at the very least a £28m bid for Lars Bender could tempt Leverkusen.

There really is nobody who is seemingly available so if we want actual talent then we will definitely have to pay over the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Looper007 wrote: »
    I think we should buy a experience GK. Chesney and his daddy can piss and moan all they like, he's not good enough yet to be 1st teamer yet.

Stoke have bergovic, sorenson and butland. For the love of god arsenal should by bergovic. end of story.Wenger is an abolute gimp who never does the logical thing.

• Advertisement

I wasn't aiming that as a bashing towards any of the other players in the squad some of our players are very talented, its just a a fact there is very few footballers in football these days that show that same desire, hunger and passion as Wilshere does which is why I love him as an Arsenal player.

And oi stop of that pessimistic talk of Wilshere leaving maybe in the future this season no or next season no in the future who knows but we have enough pessimistic talk in here without adding that into the mix ;).

Sorry just in such a pessimistic mood, it's been a tough last three months.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Stoke have bergovic, sorenson and butland. For the love of god arsenal should by bergovic. end of story.Wenger is an abolute gimp who never does the logical thing.

Wenger doesn't do Logical. Wenger does Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I predict a mass panic buying of deadwood in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Anyone else think all our signings now will be more squad players and only signed due to injuries and suspension?

iMuse wrote: »
    I predict a mass panic buying of deadwood in the near future

French league here comes Wenger. I think he's not buying anyone who's a household name or who's over 20 million.

ulinbac wrote: »
    Anyone else think all our signings now will be more squad players and only signed due to injuries and suspension?

Probably, yeah.

We need 3 first-teamers and 3-4 players who would make the bench, so not just "squad players". This would leave us with a first 11 and a bench made up of new signings and the current first 11. Not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

cathalio11 wrote: »
    That's not true. There is a waiting list for season tickets and a relative of mine is still on it so that implies that they sell out every season.

That's just some rumour that actually seems logical that someone spread around.

Would there be as long a queue if people knew that this bullshít was going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Quazzie wrote: »
    Would there be as long a queue if people knew that this bullshít was going to happen?

Probable. It's the Arsenal, fans are always going to want to see them play no matter what.

Is Wenger the highest paid manager in the world?

And if he is why is he moaning about players prices.

When we wouldn't go the extra few yards to get Higuain why do people think we will sign big named players now?
    The whole Suarez thing is a smokescreen too. Wenger & Co knew 40 million + 1 wouldn't get him and then failed to increase the bid significantly. Smokescreen.

When we wouldn't go the extra few yards to get Higuain why do people think we will sign big named players now?
    The whole Suarez thing is a smokescreen too. Wenger & Co knew 40 million + 1 wouldn't get him and then failed to increase the bid significantly. Smokescreen.

I think he buy one or two to just shut the fan's up. I agree it won't be anyone that get the fan's going wild but a decent two squad members.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement