Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Paulegend wrote: »
    who from teh arsenal team would get into the lievrpool team and who from liverpool would get into the arsenal team

fact is liverpool have a better first team

Are you a parody account?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Knex. wrote: »
    He's in the Liverpool thread atm saying how the likes of Steve Bruce and McLeish are greats of the game.

Stay safe in the knowledge that the majority of Liverpool fans know we are short a few signings in getting to and past Arsenal's level, while hoping Arsenal's squad stays standstill.

Both teams are still miles of the pace and both new to strengthen before the window closes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

just saying if someone really thinks that liverpool are not better then prove it

fact is liverpool wouldnt take anyone from arsenal right now but arsenal would easily love a couple in the opposite direction

just saying if someone really thinks that liverpool are not better then prove it

fact is liverpool wouldnt take anyone from arsenal right now but arsenal would easily love a couple in the opposite direction

Kos, Gibbs, Sagna,Wilshere,Cazorla,Arteta, Podolski and even Walcott would all walk into yeer team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ye wouldn't take Cazorla, Kos or Wilshire?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Both teams are still miles of the pace and both new to strengthen before the window closes

True. But Arsenal are a lot closer, squad wise, to title challenge potential than Liverpool.

Our strengthening is just so we can actually put a meaningful challenge in for fourth.

Only answer we will no who is better after 38 games simple as that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Of FFS the Pool brigade are back. Seriously this is frustrating.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Kos, Gibbs, Sagna,Wilshere,Cazorla,Arteta, Podolski and even Walcott would all walk into yeer team.

Sagna I'm not so sure. Podolski would play about as much as he does for ye, not straight up starter.

Your point still remains however, only knitpicking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Ye wouldn't take Cazorla, Kos or Wilshire?
    :rolleyes:

Don't even waste your time, ignore him and he will go away instead of having to read the constant flow of diarrhea he spouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

as a fellow Liverpool fan I sincerely ask you to give it a rest

267902.jpg

True. But Arsenal are a lot closer, squad wise, to title challenge potential than Liverpool.

Our strengthening is just so we can actually put a meaningful challenge in for fourth.

Us been stronger than ye or ye been stronger than us

Is actually noting either set of fans should be bragging about

Sagna I'm not so sure. Podolski would play about as much as he does for ye, not straight up starter.

Your point still remains however, only knitpicking :)

Yup agreed on Podolski actually but definitely put Sagna in over Johnson, only an opinion though im sure its a minority one.

Us been stronger than ye or ye been stronger than us

Is actually noting either set of fans should be bragging about

I actually don't think it quite works both ways.

Liverpool have been out of the CL for a few years now and Arsenal are a mainstay.

From a Liverpool perspective, Arsenal are a benchmark we need to first achieve and then look to progress from.

Arsenal on the otherhand should be looking upwards rather than over yer shoulder. It should be a minimum that the Arsenal squad is clearly better than Liverpool's when that recent history of being in the CL is there.

Once again it comes back to the mentality of the board I feel.

Arsenal on the otherhand should be looking upwards rather than over yer shoulder. It should be a minimum that the Arsenal squad is clearly better than Liverpool's when that recent history of being in the CL is there.

That's the problem in recent years we almost seem to be happy keeping the status quo of qualifying for Champions League football and setting that as the benchmark whilst spending very little moneyit just cannot be sustained, clubs beneath will catch and overtake you while the clubs above will move further and further away.

Unless you show ambition and we all hoped and thought this was to be our summer were we finally flexed our financial muscle and showed the world we had ambition and sadly and in a incredibly frustrating manner that has failed to come to fruition so far.

I actually don't think it quite works both ways.

Liverpool have been out of the CL for a few years now and Arsenal are a mainstay.

From a Liverpool perspective, Arsenal are a benchmark we need to first achieve and then look to progress from.

Once again it comes back to the mentality of the board I feel.

Very good post

You should post here more often. Could have good debate with u

Why have we gone back to Pool v Arsenal again? Can we not fight amongst ourselves like yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As bad as everything is

We're one game in ONE

Lets not get carried away with the struggling for 4th just yet

If you can't see the signs that we are in decline unless we have urgent surgery then there is something wrong with you. The body language of some of the players in the 2nd half showed it, they are fed up of it too.

I have been almost a half century following my beloved team and I have never seen such anger or heard booing on the first day of a new season before.

There are very few who genuinely do not see the decline. You can nearly smell it.

This is the most serious problem now and we have left ourselves very little time to fix it. The Board and Wenger need a change of mindset urgently. There is no time to lose.
    Will it happen? I seriously doubt it to be honest. Our problems have not just began this year.

If you can't see the signs that we are in decline unless we have urgent surgery then there is something wrong with you. The body language of some of the players in the 2nd half showed it, they are fed up of it too.

I have been almost a half century following my beloved team and I have never seen such anger or heard booing on the first day of a new season before.

There are very few who genuinely do not see the decline. You can nearly smell it.

This is the most serious problem now and we have left ourselves very little time to fix it. The Board and Wenger need a change of mindset urgently. There is no time to lose.
    Will it happen? I seriously doubt it to be honest. Our problems have not just began this year.

We have problems I agree

I just maintain its the first day there is no gaurntee we will be struggling for 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We have problems I agree

I just maintain its the first day there is no gaurntee we will be struggling for 4th

In fairness with the current squad we will struggle for top 6 for certain.

If Chelsea win by 3 were out of the relegation zone

Positives from the weekend :)

Soups123 wrote: »

Yep that's quiet possible too

Ah come one now essentially this is the same team that got us fourth last year all the players who were shipped out bar Gervinho didn't feature at all.

We do needs signings badly and injuries could ruin us with the lack of depth in the current squad without signings but were not that bad either.

I might be a gullible old fooll but I think we will make 1/2 huge signings and 2 more squad, I just can't see it any other way

The "we're only one game in" arguement doesn't wash. We had a whole summer to improve and we got worse, as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Easy to see how you got your name anyway.

Don't be a eejit now.

I might be a gullible old fooll but I think we will make 1/2 huge signings and 2 more squad, I just can't see it any other way

I really really hope your right. But as each day closes I loose a little bit more faith. If we do my outlook would improve drastically for the current season providing of coarse we qualify for the champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FearDark wrote: »
    The "we're only one game in" arguement doesn't wash. We had a whole summer to improve and we got worse, as usual.

Well considering yous were one of the most in form teams last year from February on :confused:

• Advertisement

Ah come one now essentially this is the same team that got us fourth last year all the players who were shipped out bar Gervinho didn't feature at all.

We do needs signings badly and injuries could ruin us with the lack of depth in the current squad without signings but were not that bad either.

We have a first 11 capable of top 4 but a squad capable of top 6. There is no way the squad will perform in all cups, CL and league as bare as it is. It's delusional to think they can and/or we would need an injury free season with very little suspensions

We have a first 11 capable of top 4 but a squad capable of top 6. There is no way the squad will perform in all cups, CL and league as bare as it is. It's delusional to think they can and/or we would need an injury free season with very little suspensions

True but I think we will add players to the squad aswell but what kind of player or quality we add remains to be seen.

True but I think we will add players to the squad aswell but what kind of player or quality we add remains to be seen.

I think CL qualification will decide whether we get quality or squad level

I'm not putting up an argument I'm just saying there is no guarantee we will be struggling for 4th

I think CL qualification will decide whether we get quality or squad level

I do agree there, I think it will have a big bearing on it. Which is why I'm very nervous about this game with Fernerbache with no Arteta, possibly Gibbs and Sagna aswell. We could be a complete disaster at the back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I do agree there, I think it will have a big bearing on it. Which is why I'm very nervous about this game with Fernerbache with no Arteta, possibly Gibbs and Sagna aswell. We could be a complete disaster at the back.

Has there been no update on Gibbs? surely he only needed stitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Would love an away win but would be satisfied with a draw, nothing less.

An away goal is an absolute necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We should still have enough to get past Fenerbache over both legs. I think Villa are easily going to finish in top half this season and Fener won't pose the same threat. Spurs and even Fulham (Bent, Berbatov against a makeshift defence) look ominous though unless we strengthen.

Has there been no update on Gibbs? surely he only needed stitches

Nothing yet apart from yesterday he could be a doubt I'm still hopeful though he will be ok, we badly need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Qualifying for the Cl is well and good but if we were serious about giving it a shot i.e. actually trying to win it then we would have invested.
    Whether we qualify for the group stages or the knock-out stages is really immaterial to me. We are not strong enough to compete with the big boys.

The further we go the more money we earn but if we don't spend it then what does it matter.

We don't seem to be able to attract or bid for the players that some teams not in the Cl can get. No ambition from the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Anyway time to dust ourselfs down and get behind the team on Wednesday.

Correct. We all love this club and the players do need support now more than ever. I'm not angry at any of them. Although Chesney is A comedy goalie and made me mad as hell, he's arsenal through and through. Let's hope for a performance vs fener and some signings before the nld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Correct. We all love this club and the players do need support now more than ever. I'm not angry at any of them. Although Chesney is A comedy goalie and made me mad as hell, he's arsenal through and through. Let's hope for a performance vs fener and some signings before the nld.

We need a center back before the Fulham game!! Is there any concrete news on how Sanga is?

CL qualification is only money to Mr. Wenger.

No hope of doing well in it and god help us if we get a Bayern, Real or Barca in our group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

jonny666 wrote: »
    We need a center back before the Fulham game!! Is there any concrete news on how Sanga is?

Having one cb is incredible but we could all see this coming. Sagna has whiplash I hear. Awful looking fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No hope of doing well in it and god help us if we get a Bayern, Real or Barca in our group.

Pretty sure that's impossible as we're a 1st seed?

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's impossible as we're a 1st seed?

I was assuming too much there, I meant at some point in the competition. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Can't believe ye didn't sign Higuain :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Come off it. That's just a ridiculous statement. Are you really saying that AW doesn't care about this club?

Well if you're referring to getting any of those three in the KO stages then that statement could probably apply to nearly every other team. I wouldn't any English team to take care of any of those 3 in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think people are being too hard on the players.

I think mentally, we are nowhere near where we should be. That's what happens when you start the season with fear and ambiguity rather than a clear sense of purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Can't believe ye didn't sign Higuain :P

OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement