Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

There's such an overwhelming amount of evidence at this stage that Wenger is responsible for our transfer and wage policies that I find it incredible that some people still look to shift the blame to Gazidis and the rest (who Wenger chose)... I really can't be arsed getting into it again.

Where is the evidence? North Korea is less secretive than Arsenal FC. An awful lot of smoke and mirrors.

Pudders wrote: »
    Not sure how you come to that figure.

My season ticket is £1,428.04 - got to love Arsenal needing the 4p!

If we increase our bid for Suarez by 4p you'll see the purpose of it then. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looking forward to Wed night lets hope we get a good result along with a performance for the travelling fans. Looking back at the Villa game, it really was a chain reaction of poor refereeing that ultimately undone us, and to be fair to the team we did battle well at the end to try get a few goals so I dont think there is much wrong with team morale.

I know things arent looking great for us at the moment but lets get behind the team and believe we can turn things around for the better in the next few games. COYG!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Off course they are going to bid 10m. I really don't think Arsenal expected to sign him for that, just waiting to see if Cabaye puts in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus lets all cringe for Spurs :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Haha I just watched that haha. They are only young fellas! I've been sent loads of cringy arsenal ones in the past!!

ONE CLUB!!

Buy the single and get this dvd free from http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Spurs-DVDa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know its a common pastime to rip the piss out of spurs for their DVD's but don't you think it's a bit like throwing stones in glass houses?

I mean the mocking of them might hold more weight if you yourselves had won something recently and scraping top 4 last season wasn't celebrated by your players and fans like they had won the league.

Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kirby wrote: »
    I know its a common pastime to rip the piss out of spurs for their DVD's but don't you think it's a bit like throwing stones in glass houses?

I mean the mocking of them might hold more weight if you yourselves had won something recently and scraping top 4 last season wasn't celebrated by your players and fans like they had won the league.

Just saying.

We can stop taking the piss out of them when they finish above us, you see that's all that matters in a local rivalry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Tell that to Liverpool fans! Everton have finished ahead of them two seasons running and yet they still feel superior :P

• Advertisement

Just saying.

We're not claiming we're anything special but we're certainly better then that mob. Bigger trophy room and far bigger club. St Totteringhams day might be in doubt for this year but i would safely say ill see plenty more of them in my lifetime, provided i live a long and healthy life touch wood and im only 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just saying.

I didn't mind the celebrations for 4th place when they happened as I really thought that it would enable us to move to the next level. Having seen how we've conducted our transfer business since then (especially when you see how Spurs have conducted theirs) it does seem rather embarrassing (and I wouldn't be surprised if the players feel the same).

greendom wrote: »
    I didn't mind the celebrations for 4th place when they happened as I really thought that it would enable us to move to the next level. Having seen how we've conducted our transfer business since then (especially when you see how Spurs have conducted theirs) it does seem rather embarrassing (and I wouldn't be surprised if the players feel the same).

I think the players felt the same tbh and now have egg on their face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just in from work,had a quick glance through the last few pages, christ we actually made another bid! And yet people are still moaning that Cabaye isnt good enough for us, at this stage i think we must be realistic and realise we are not getting "world class" players in and Cabaye is better than the zero options we have in reserve (not for 30 mill obviously)
    I still think we should make an offer for Fellaini, but knowing Wenger he'd probably bid 12 million or something.

It might well be a trolley dash as some have called it but im glad that there is some kind of movement today at least

wonga77 wrote: »
    Just in from work,had a quick glance through the last few pages, christ we actually made another bid! And yet people are still moaning that Cabaye isnt good enough for us, at this stage i think we must be realistic and realise we are not getting "world class" players in and Cabaye is better than the zero options we have in reserve (not for 30 mill obviously)
    I still think we should make an offer for Fellaini, but knowing Wenger he'd probably bid 12 million or something.

It might well be a trolley dash as some have called it but im glad that there is some kind of movement today at least

Someone must have passed a few of these around :D
    300.JPG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If you sign Kondogiba or Pogba you will be doing very well, both are very talented with huge potential who could not only offer competition for Arteta and cover while he is out but eventually replace and better him imo.

Cabaye would offer good cover and be a rotation option but isn't the greatest in the world but that would be reflected in what people are calling a lowball bid of 10-12m

If this is the quality of Arsenal's "Trolly dash" then it's better than feared and I would be curious to see what players in other positions they are after.

Juve might not want to sell Pogba but if 20m is an opening bid maybe they could get even more than that for him and considering they got him on the cheap due to his contract being run down at Utd they might be tempted by such a financial profit and Pogba may be tempted by a big wage hike which Arsenal could easily offer him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I still think if we qualify for the CL the Suarez deal will be done. Just my gut.

On the side on that everything else might just be addition to the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I thought even the most optimistic fans had given up on suarez

wonga77 wrote: »
    I thought even the most optimistic fans had given up on suarez

Its just gone all too quite with not statement of intent to commit to the club ever coming out or the club making anythng big following his reintergration with the squad. I think its being worked on.

I could be competely wrong mind

• Advertisement

I'm just preparing myself for the worst to be honest. At least this way i wont be disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Morgan whining on twitter. Can no-one remember life before Arsene?

We're better now than before he came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Kondogiba would be be a super signing. Can't imagine we'd be the only ones interested in him though and that doesn't usually end well.

In terms of a winger I'd love to see us make a move for Nicolas Gaitan. Very exciting any time I've seen him.

efb wrote: »
    Morgan whining on twitter. Can no-one remember life before Arsene?

We're better now than before he came.

Morgan is one insufferable b*llcks. I wish he'd fúck off to Antartica to live for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody think a bid for Mathieu Valbuena would be a good move, hes a quality player who would bring a lot of guile and creativity to our play. He would be great on the wing for us and wouldnt cost too much.

No Cabaye for Newcastle tonight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

AdamD wrote: »

Not on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Cabaye good? Haven't seen much of him if Im honest.

iMuse wrote: »
    Not on the bench

Has a fee been agreed with someone or did he kick up a rumpus i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

great passer, enjoys a tackle, has a nasty streak that i like, good dead ball taker.

i'd like him at the club.

what's up with people saying it's disrespectful to bid for a player? isn't that what goes on all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

where will cabaye fit in? will he be dm/arteta or a bit more attacking minded ramsey or even more like wilshere?

we need someone to rotate with arteta, can Cabaye really do that?

• Advertisement

jaysus we're getting a roasting from Gnev and Carragher on sky :)

Haha pardrew!!

Pardew being a moany fecker about the bid being on a game day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

what did he say?

darego wrote: »
    what did he say?

Complaining that we bid the same day as the match.

Two boys on MNF really laying into us. Christ we really need a replacement for arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm not to sure about Cabaye good player and all but isn't he more of the same of what we already have? Much rather a Pogba type.

In work but following twitter seems everything Neville and Carragher is saying is spot on.

darego wrote: »
    what did he say?

he was furious that we've bid for him on a game day, implying the player is unsettled. the bid has angered him, i'm sure he'll cost more now than if we'd bid the 15 or so million that the player is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Haven't had a chance to post in here since Saturday but all I have to say is that considering the resources at our disposal and the prices the club charges the fans; we are an absolute shambles of a club.

That being said; I'll be 100% behind the players on Wednesday. Anyone who isn't can't consider themselves a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

He may not be nailed on as a starter, but he'd be a great option to have in the squad. Bit like the Arteta has evolved for us in many respects, very controlled on the ball with a great eye for a pass, but not afraid to get stuck in either. He'd play deeper for us than he would Newcastle I'd imagine, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. But that in itself is also my reservation about him, would he be disciplined enough to do the holding role when Arteta is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He may not be nailed on as a starter, but he'd be a great option to have in the squad. Bit like the Arteta has evolved for us in many respects, very controlled on the ball with a great eye for a pass, but not afraid to get stuck in either. He'd play deeper for us than he would Newcastle I'd imagine, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. But that in itself is also my reservation about him, would he be disciplined enough to do the holding role when Arteta is out?

A double pivot of him and arteta would be very strong in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bad2dabone wrote: »
    jaysus we're getting a roasting from Gnev and Carragher on sky :)

what are they saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Raf32 wrote: »
    A double pivot of him and arteta would be very strong in my opinion.

Agreed. But given how easily we're torn wide open when Arteta is not the pitch I get the feeling we should be looking for someone with more proven defensive credentials.

A lot of people mentioning Bender, but I thought Leverkusen made it abundantly clear they wont be selling him this summer? Hard to believe anything these days though...

Pardew being a moany fecker about the bid being on a game day

He really is the Davy Fitz of soccer management. A total muppet. Any excuse to have a go at Arsenal. If his player is unsettled that easily then it doesnt say much about his man management skills or the club

cson wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to post in here since Saturday but all I have to say is that considering the resources at our disposal and the prices the club charges the fans; we are an absolute shambles of a club.

That being said; I'll be 100% behind the players on Wednesday. Anyone who isn't can't consider themselves a fan.

Arsenal fans on talksport earlier saying they hope we lose. Fûcking idiots

He really is the Davy Fitz of soccer management. A total muppet. Any excuse to have a go at Arsenal. If his player is unsettled that easily then it doesnt say much about his man management skills or the club

Hey leave Davy alone! His prematch interview yesterday should go down in history!

jonny666 wrote: »

i dont understand this mentality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »

Agree. But don't forget they spend their hard-earned money to follow Arsenal weekly and they have been pointing out the mis-management of the club for years. Arsenal fans have a reputation for patience but now they have had enough.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    great passer, enjoys a tackle, has a nasty streak that i like, good dead ball taker.

i'd like him at the club.

what's up with people saying it's disrespectful to bid for a player? isn't that what goes on all the time?

There are too many muppets who mirror what the rags say , there is huge propaganda about misery Arsenal at the minute and every bid will now be disrespectful and misery

Agree. But don't forget they spend their hard-earned money to follow Arsenal weekly and they have been pointing out the mis-management of the club for years. Arsenal fans have a reputation for patience but now they have had enough.

I know but wanting to lose is shocking. Even if we had a squad of championship players is still want them to win and play in te CL.

What would losing do for us. They are reluctant to spend now. Imagine how reluctant they'd be with no CL. It wouldn't open Wengers eyes. And we wouldnt spend 100million the following year. We'd adjust everything down and make a
    Profit from te PL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If the reports are true then Wenger is looking for a more true DM as well as Cabaye as he's looking at Pogba and Kondogbia. I'm sure there's probably more he's looking at as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement