Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Alan Pardew is pissed with Arsenal over our bid today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Straight into the team at centre back alongside Kos. Very under rated player Richards is would much rather him over Williams who I dont rate that highly.

Is Richards not a full back? I rate him too. He always seems to be injured tho

Please let a signing be a goal keeper I cant watch another match were Chesney makes a complete tit of himself, he is a ticking time bomb.

No medium with him. He can be either brilliant and a match winner or a complete liability. He made a mess of the first penalty save Saturday. That ball should have been knocked to the side. As for his kamikaze goalkeeping which he was caught off his line he should have got a kick up the back side for the casual manner he sauntered back to goal alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pardew saying that If Cabaye played the result wouldn't have been the same.

They lost 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Okay lads after match day 1 this is how the Fantasy Football League stands.

2jc6h6h.jpg

j797ip.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Chelsea and Villa have to play again in MW1.

Straight into the team at centre back alongside Kos. Very under rated player Richards is would much rather him over Williams who I dont rate that highly.

Id prefer him to Williams too but i will say for Williams he is brave and honest and the type of character Arsenal could do with also. Ideally id love both. Richards could probably play in several positions even in front of the back 4 if needed as a last resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No medium with him. He can be either brilliant and a match winner or a complete liability. He made a mess of the first penalty save Saturday. That ball should have been knocked to the side. As for his kamikaze goalkeeping which he was caught off his line he should have got a kick up the back side for the casual manner he sauntered back to goal alone.

He was too slow coming out for the first penalty I thought. A bit quicker and he could have lifted the ball. He seems to love the t.v. saves. He made a balls of it.
    And you are right he should have pushed the save out to the side. It is one of the first things a keeper is taught.

Hope the eyesight is good lads, next time I upload the standings i'll make sure its readable :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Schmeichel on Goals on Sunday said the pen rebound was very difficult as it was too close to his body for him to get it away because they naturally dive pretty hard assuming its going to the corner.

Anyways, in a week of negatives, we managed to annoy Pardew, awesome.

BBdsB1eCIAI8-UZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Okay lads after match day 1 this is how the Fantasy Football League stands.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jc6h6h.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/j797ip.jpg
    It feels weird being top of the table :D

Also that's not finished for match day 1. Chelsea have to play Villa yet. I've got four more players to play.

Keepers don't usually criticize keepers Adam.
    Czsz was very poor.
    His other rush of blood to the head reminded me of Mannone's CL debacle a few years ago.

AdamD wrote: »
    Schmeichel on Goals on Sunday said the pen rebound was very difficult as it was too close to his body for him to get it away because they naturally dive pretty hard assuming its going to the corner.

Anyways, in a week of negatives, we managed to annoy Pardew, awesome.

BBdsB1eCIAI8-UZ.jpg

He's a face only a mother could love :D

He's a face only a blind mother could love :D

FYP. Never liked the twat.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Pardew saying that If Cabaye played the result wouldn't have been the same.

They lost 4-0.

Ah ffs what a load of b0llocks! If Arsene Wenger came out with that he'd be slated in the media but of course the English media will look after their own. :rolleyes:

If Cabaye is as mentally fragile as that he shouldnt be at the club. Football clubs tiptoeing around players is sheer pathetic. Treating them like spoilt children and then shocked when they behave like it.

Put the man on the pitch its what he is paid thousands per week to do otherwise he shouldnt be a professional footballer. You cant complain if you drop one of your best players and you get beaten and you cant complain anyway if your beaten 4-0 against potential league winners.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    It feels weird being top of the table :D

Also that's not finished for match day 1. Chelsea have to play Villa yet. I've got four more players to play.

Any chance you can send your CV onto the Arsenal board :D Good score, I had a complete mare and am right down at the foot of the table :o

Ah ffs what a load of b0llocks! If Arsene Wenger came out with that he'd be slated in the media but of course the English media will look after their own. :rolleyes:

If Cabaye is as mentally fragile as that he shouldnt be at the club. Football clubs tiptoeing around players is sheer pathetic. Treating them like spoilt children and then shocked when they behave like it.

Put the man on the pitch its what he is paid thousands per week to do otherwise he shouldnt be a professional footballer. You cant complain if you drop one of your best players and you get beaten and you cant complain anyway if your beaten 4-0 against potential league winners.

Tonight was a chance for Cabaye to show what he can do and what he is really worth.
    Can't understand Pardew's decision not to play him at all. Stupid comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

anyone heard of Vicente Guaita? any good?

Tonight was a chance for Cabaye to show what he can do and what he is really worth.
    Can't understand Pardew's decision not to play him at all. Stupid comes to mind.

I never quite seen sh*te like it. He is one numpty. Im sure Chris Hughton is having a good chuckle having been kicked off the circus wagon and now they are stuck with a buffoon.....but sure hey, Ashley, Pardew, and Kinnear....all good London mafians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

AdamD wrote: »
    BBdsB1eCIAI8-UZ.jpg

Obertan - Mars. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Keepers don't usually criticize keepers Adam.
    Czsz was very poor.
    His other rush of blood to the head reminded me of Mannone's CL debacle a few years ago.

Now while I want to move on from the game, the back 4 and defensive midfield was a shambles. He basically had nothing in front of him, they sliced the back 4 open. Should never been in the situation he was.

He wasn't blameless but I'd be looking at the whole lot of them as being rubbish at the weekend.

Begovic certainly wouldn't go astray though but both are too good to sit on the bench

Raf32 wrote: »
    anyone heard of Vicente Guaita? any good?

Valencia goal keeper, are we linked with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Valencia goal keeper, are we linked with him?

yup local valencia papers and national spanish ones, release clause of 12 million supposedly, any good?

TheGunns wrote: »
    Now while I want to move on from the game, the back 4 and defensive midfield was a shambles. He basically had nothing in front of him, they sliced the back 4 open. Should never been in the situation he was.

He wasn't blameless but I'd be looking at the whole lot of them as being rubbish at the weekend.

Begovic certainly wouldn't go astray though but both are too good to sit on the bench

Yep to be fair you have a point. The backline was exposed by that gap in midfield though. Agbonlahor (a despicable little scrote i might add for his clapping of the sending off) exploited it and destroyed us and it was panic stations at the back when that happens. You'd have to feel for Koc and Mert especially the idiot ref for his incompetent treatment of Koc.

yup local valencia papers and national spanish ones, release clause of 12 million supposedly, any good?

8 million bid tomorrow so.

Apparently lined up as Victor Valdes long term replacement by Barca's sporting director Zubizaretta. Don't think he is first choice at Valencia and haven't seen much of him to form an opinion.

TheGunns wrote: »

I am telling you the lad is a ticking time bomb and will cost us more goals if left in goal. Not good enough at this point in time for a big club like ours.

I am telling you the lad is a ticking time bomb and will cost us more goals if left in goal. Not good enough at this point in time for a big club like ours.

If Fabianski was any way high in confidence at the moment then perhaps it would be better to give him a start

If Fabianski was any way high in confidence at the moment then perhaps it would be better to give him a start

No point because I think he is just as bad as Chesney, the 2 of them just lack the focus and concentration over 90 minutes at this level, good reserve keepers but just not good enough to start. I think we should just go all out and sign Begovic he is the best keeper in the league in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

8 million bid tomorrow so.

8000,001 bid tomorrow so. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No point because I think he is just as bad as Chesney, the 2 of them just lack the focus and concentration over 90 minutes at this level, good reserve keepers but just not good enough to start. I think we should just go all out and sign Begovic he is the best keeper in the league in my opinion.

The Guardian is reporting that Stoke are bracing themselves for Begovic from Arsenal

"bracing themselves for a bid" - what does the journalist mean - I really have no idea but need to fill some column inches.

greendom wrote: »
    The Guardian is reporting that Stoke are bracing themselves for Begovic from Arsenal

"bracing themselves for a bid" - what does the journalist mean - I really have no idea but need to fill some column inches.

Bracing themselves to tell us to fúck off with our derisory offer for their player and that other insufferable twat Hughes would relish the chance. Bad as Pulis was i still prefer him to Hughes hands down. How that man gets the jobs he does is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

independent reporting a 15m bid from PSG for Kebab.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    independent reporting a 15m bid from PSG for Kebab.

So 15m + £1 and its a big Fúck you to you and your billions PSG!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Well at least we bid for 1 player right now. Now about that Top class striker, CB, GK and one or two others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

It was his agent who leaked the bid to get psg to move

Say we can forget him

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well at least we bid for 1 player right now. Now about that Top class striker, CB, GK and one or two others.

God you really changed your tune. It was all doom and gloom and now all of a sudden despite us still being in the same place we were having made yet another derisory offer for a player and now you have a shopping list done up?

So 15m + £1 and its a big Fúck you to you and your billions PSG!!! :pac:

we have the ace up our sleeve, we can always sweeten the deal by throwing in .....
    bendtner1.jpg

yeah yeah its been 2 years since he scored a league goal.....but.....

bad2dabone wrote: »

yeah yeah its been 2 years since he scored a league goal.....but.....

Greatest player in the world innit?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

id like pogba not sure about cabaye though.

I just don't know - a mad dash sounds great in theory but id be worried well end up bringing in more sh!te that well overpay and in a year or two struggle to get rid of.

theres loads of names bring bandied about - im just hoping these players have been extensively scouted and not just kind of plucked out of a hat because were desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Crazy if true from Neil Ashton in the Dail Mail:

Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.
    Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.
    Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).
    Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.
    Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397451/Arsene-Wengers-tired-formula-just-doesnt-add-anymore.html#ixzz2cSRI5OZK

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think Wenger sees Ramsey as Arteta's long term successor and cover. If we buy Cabaye he'll play further up the field.

If Wenger is grooming him to be a DM by playing him on the wing for most of a season then we have problems.

Crazy if true from Neil Ashton in the Dail Mail:

Wenger’s detailed knowledge of every player’s contract even created an issue when Oxlade-Chamberlain was making substitute appearances for Arsenal last season.
    Written into the England winger’s deal is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.
    Incredibly a trend emerged, with Wenger bringing him off the bench after 72 minutes (v Stoke), 73 minutes (Liverpool), 72 minutes (Coventry), 65 minutes (Norwich), 76 minutes (Fulham), 86 minutes (Tottenham), 67 minutes (Swansea), 73 minutes (West Ham), 71 minutes (Swansea), and 75 minutes (Reading).
    Arsenal’s accounts department were stunned to receive an email from Southampton demanding payment for the appearances, with the south coast club justifying their argument based on stoppage time.
    Eventually Arsenal agreed to pay for the appearances and the story worked its way around the offices at the Emirates with bafflement among staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397451/Arsene-Wengers-tired-formula-just-doesnt-add-anymore.html#ixzz2cSRI5OZK

Wenger is generally slow to bring subs in anyway and i think that piece is a load of bull to be honest. If Wenger was that conscious of the money he wouldnt be playing him that close to the 20 minute threshold to begin with and perhaps not all all. Papers trying to make a story out of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Typical media attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ashton absolutely hates arsenal

greendom wrote: »

That article seems very close to the truth though.
    Our youth teams are useless compared to a few years ago.
    All-round standards have dropped in the pursuit of profits under Kronke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Media are going to go to town on AW if things don't get better real soon,

We'll see these types of stories appear more and more often until either

A. We start winning games

or

B. AW gets the sack

IMO its tacky and cheap

That article seems very close to the truth though.
    Our youth teams are useless compared to a few years ago.
    All-round standards have dropped in the pursuit of profits under Kronke.

And make no mistake about it, Kroenke is running the club purely for profit. When you see the big turnaround in Peter Hill-wood that time it was fairly evident we had a man of Hill-woods own ilk coming on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Played my wildcard this week. Last time I was cursed with my choices, especially Arsenal players, and after the first match I decided to get rid of them. Instead of doing it one by one, I just went and changed most of my team.

I now have: van Persie, Bale, Mata, Hazard, Toure, Nastastic and Mingolet. Plus two Fulham defenders for good measure. Here's hoping I'm still cursed :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement