Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hopefully with a few signings we'll look like this

.....berg
    sagna..kos..sakho..gibbs
    ..cabaya..arteta..Wilrhere
    Walcott..lambert..doyle

bench- syczny, mert, Jenks, ramsey, suarez, giroud.

Wouldn't be such a bad side, I'm just a little disappointed we missedout on parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Oranage2 wrote: »

.....berg
    sagna..kos..sakho..gibbs
    Walcott..lambert..doyle

Wouldn't be such a bad side, I'm just a little disappointed we missedout on parker.

You could have at least tried to be a tiny bit subtle.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oranage2 wrote: »

.....berg
    sagna..kos..sakho..gibbs
    Walcott..lambert..doyle

Palace beat us to Kevin Philips too. Get the finger out wenger :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So the Turks have been setting off fireworks all night outside the hotel in the hope of keeping the players up all night.

Im expecting a crazy atmosphere tonight and a tough game. Time to put the rest of the sh!t behind us for a bit and concentrate on getting a big result.

Hopefully newcastle dont bid for Bendtner in the next few hours to put us off the game

COYG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Some people here have been playing too much FIFA 08 - Scott Parker and Kevin Doyle should not be Arsenal transfer targets!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Some people here have been playing too much FIFA 08 - Scott Parker and Kevin Doyle should not be Arsenal transfer targets!

maybe, just maybe people aren't being fully genuine with what they are posting. Dunno what could have given me that impression though
    Hopefully newcastle dont bid for Bendtner in the next few hours to put us off the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So the Turks have been setting off fireworks all night outside the hotel in the hope of keeping the players up all night.

Im expecting a crazy atmosphere tonight and a tough game. Time to put the rest of the sh!t behind us for a bit and concentrate on getting a big result.

COYG!

Id be delighted with a scored draw. Tough place to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Where did this nonsense originate from? Surely someone just taking the piss out of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Scott Parker ppppffffttttt he is no Steve Morrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Arsenal are not as big a draw of a club as some people on here think.
    Big name european stars seem quite happy to stay mainland Europe rather than come to Arsenal.
    Also players know how Wenger treats anyone over 30 with the rolling 1 year contracts and they probably couldnt be arsed putting up with his self righteousness.

We pick up cheap as chips French players, fund Ligue 1, provide some half decent loanees to other PL teams, give longterm contracts to players with very questionable quality, use the team as a marketing tool in the Far East simply to swell the coffers, and run our good young players ragged to the point where they pick up injuries and then cant seem to rehabilitate them. Ox is right posterior ligament is 3 months, Wengers off his game if he wants him back in 6 weeks.

But heh, I know some people on here celebrate coming 4th every year, me Im old school I thought your meant to win something, that was the point of football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Well we could use him as a second striker or play him out on the left. I haven't seen a huge amount from him bar the odd Roma goal but his stats are impressive: 15 goals last season from a non-striker role, an increase from 6 in his debut season, and he's an Argentine international at just 21. Huge upside and maybe a different solution to our lack of options up front.

Are Roma selling him because they have bought his replacement Gervinho?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Big name european stars seem quite happy to stay mainland Europe rather than come to Arsenal.
    Also players know how Wenger treats anyone over 30 with the rolling 1 year contracts and they probably couldnt be arsed putting up with his self righteousness.

Have you even been following the club the last few years at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

COYG!

Sure the have beats permanently attached to their ears they won't hear a thing.

Schz is probably not use to bombs be let off, off the pitch

We pick up cheap as chips French players, fund Ligue 1, provide some half decent loanees to other PL teams, give longterm contracts to players with very questionable quality, use the team as a marketing tool in the Far East simply to swell the coffers, and run our good young players ragged to the point where they pick up injuries and then cant seem to rehabilitate them. Ox is right posterior ligament is 3 months, Wengers off his game if he wants him back in 6 weeks.

But heh, I know some people on here celebrate coming 4th every year, me Im old school I thought your meant to win something, that was the point of football.

Once we sign Kevin Doyle we'll win the Champions League! Cant believe no one thought of him sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

You want to win something, yet you suggest players like Doyle and Lambert?!! Lambert is decent but is well over 31 now. Nothing needs to be said about Doyle. We will finish 7th if we get in the players you suggest.

Maybe we should go back in for Kolo Toure too? He might teach the lads how to defend against Grand Holt and Benteke and then we can win the league.

Anyway would be chuffed with a draw this evening, even a 2-1 defeat wouldn't the end of the world with an away goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I agree 100% but don't say it on here. People think we only need 2/3 signings and to keep out feet on the ground so we can accept getting 4th. I agree we should be going all out to win but Wenger knows best, he's looking into things :rolleyes:. Expect the usual crap signings and the usual crap from his supporters on here.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I agree 100% but don't say it on here. People think we only need 2/3 signings and to keep out feet on the ground so we can accept getting 4th. I agree we should be going all out to win but Wenger knows best, he's looking into things :rolleyes:. Expect the usual crap signings and the usual crap from his supporters on here.

I've seen it all now, someone agreeing with Colonialboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Anyway would be chuffed with a draw this evening, even a 2-1 defeat wouldn't the end of the world with an away goal.

It's a sad state of affairs when we even have to consider being content at a draw or loss against a team like Fenerbache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dorgasm wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs when we even have to consider being content at a draw or loss against a team like Fenerbache.

yes because travelling out to Turkey has always been a piece of p**s and no teams ever struggle when they go out there.

I disagree. Maybe not a loss but a scored draw is a good result against them for any team. Its a nightmare of a place to go.

Personally no matter what team it is in europe, a scored draw away from home is a good result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Let me see, Chelsea lost away to Fenerbahce in 2008, Man Utd. lost there in 2004.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This thread can fuuck off until 2nd September. Its getting worse in here.

Godge wrote: »
    Let me see, Chelsea lost away to Fenerbahce in 2008, Man Utd. lost there in 2004.

We beat them 5-2 away in 2008. I expect a win tonight, but not one as comprehensive as that. An away goal or two is the priority for me though, scored draw would be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

greendom wrote: »
    yes because travelling out to Turkey has always been a piece of p**s and no teams ever struggle when they go out there.

Fair enough, I never meant that Fenerbache are a poor side. Just meant that I remember a time when we could be confident going into any game and I miss those times. Didn't expect anyone to take such offense.

Fair enough, I never meant that Fenerbache are a poor side. Just meant that I remember a time when we could be confident going into any game and I miss those times. Didn't expect anyone to take such offense.

sorry it was perhaps a little of an over-reaction. There's so much negativity on here recently that I'm being a bit over-sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I feel that a lot of people are also jumping on the "Turkey is such a tough place to go" bandwagon as well.

Yes, Fenerbahce away will be tough but a club like Arsenal should be able to win.

I would be disappointed with a score draw because it would be an under performance and that is not what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

if fener were a PL club we'd expect to beat them.

I hope the lads give a bit of a backlash tonight.

Giroud to score. Jack to score.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I feel that a lot of people are also jumping on the "Turkey is such a tough place to go" bandwagon as well.

Yes, Fenerbahce away will be tough but a club like Arsenal should be able to win.

I would be disappointed with a score draw because it would be an under performance and that is not what we need.

If we did get a score draw it depends how it happens. If they take the lead and we come back it could boost confidence, if we we lose a lead it would be seen as another chapter in the "crisis" and the press would be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Right i'm just in from work, haven't heard any sports news all day and about to read over all the posts from 11 pm last night in the hope that we have done something positive in the transfer market.

Hope it's not the usual - happy with what Wenger is doing versus not happy with Wenger's inactivity.
    One thing is sure, we are winning nothing unless we strengthen.
    Please God let me read something exciting. Now here goes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

no matter what the result tonight (barring a hammering) we need to score. Going back to London after a 0-0 would be too much to bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Normally I wouldnt go in for the old 'it's a hard place to go' line, but in this case I do. Hostile as its gets, firewords and flares in the ground, very boisterous crowd etc. If we score though, would be very confident of qualification.

COYG

Right i'm just in from work, haven't heard any sports news all day and about to read over all the posts from 11 pm last night in the hope that we have done something positive in the transfer market.

Hope it's not the usual - happy with what Wenger is doing versus not happy with Wenger's inactivity.

All I can say is don't read the posts Tayto, go have a cup of tea and watch a bit of telly instead.

deep breath!

Perhaps being a tad over-optimistic but 4-0 would be nice. All these signings that are waiting for our qualification to the champions league wouldn't have to wait another week.

Aaaaaggggghhhh where's the nearest feckin river.
    Kevin Doyle mentioned in our thread ????

This thread is gone mad. Jaysus lads at least keep some degree of realism in the posts or i'm going back to reading the Beano.

• Advertisement

Is there a chance that they won't be up for it given that they may not qualify regardless and would be reluctant to hand it to one of their rivals?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Is there a chance that they won't be up for it given that they may not qualify regardless and would be reluctant to hand it to one of their rivals?

Insert clutching at straws pic :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hyzepher wrote: »
    No.

We need a big performance tonight without question. It's going to be tough.

I do have faith that the boys can do the business tonight, though.

Do that and add Sakho, Pogba and Lamela, and all will be forgiven. Well, nearly all.

I actually think we'll win 3 -- 1 tonight. Going to have a wee bet on it. My friend Walcott to score the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I actually think we'll win 3 -- 1 tonight. Going to have a wee bet on it. My friend Walcott to score the first.
    Quick lads, Nows the time to ask for money, Tayto is drunk! :p

• Advertisement

Godge wrote: »
    Are Roma selling him because they have bought his replacement Gervinho?

Yeah, believe it or not. Rudi Garcia is a big admirer of Gerv.

Apparently the bid that was put forward for Guaita, which necessitated Dick Law heading to Valencia yesterday, was €4-5m, according to Marca. If true, it's another penny-pinching valuation that would have been immediately rejected. I don't know how anyone inside Arsenal can't see that.

Apparently the bid that was put forward for Guaita, which necessitated Dick Law heading to Valencia yesterday, was €4-5m, according to Marca. If true, it's another penny-pinching valuation that would have been immediately rejected. I don't know how anyone inside Arsenal can't see that.

That can't be true, 4-5 million euros :eek::rolleyes:

We should be going for Begovic anyway's he can single handily win you a game on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I read €10m in one place and €15m in another... everything in the papers these days is all bull****. They might as well be getting their information from us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

cathalio11 wrote: »

Yes a well run Arsenal who sign players would be able to win. A brittle Arsenal with a Manager who has serious questions to answer may not win there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Another example of the press pulling stuff out of their ass: Yesterday the Italian media was saying Paul Pogba is untransferrable. Today Gazzetta dello Sport are claiming Juventus are entering the race for Kondogbia with a view to letting Pogba go to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Had anyone heard of that Valencia keeper before we were linked with him?

Would be a very underwhelming signing imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Stop believing everything you read and then using as a stick to bait the club with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Match tonight on regular TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

gosplan wrote: »
    Match tonight on regular TV?

RTE2 :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement