Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looper007 wrote: »
    I agree 100% but don't say it on here. People think we only need 2/3 signings and to keep out feet on the ground so we can accept getting 4th. I agree we should be going all out to win but Wenger knows best, he's looking into things :rolleyes:. Expect the usual crap signings and the usual crap from his supporters on here.

This has to be post of the year, I can't believe someone while reading Colonialboys posts was sat there nodding in agreement instead of pissing themselves laughing :eek:.

A bit nervous about the game today is there any word on who has been passed fit or who hasn't? I'd nearly give Frimpong a go tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This has to be post of the year, I can't believe someone while reading Colonialboys posts was sat there nodding in agreement instead of pissing themselves laughing :eek:.

A bit nervous about the game today is there any word on who has been passed fit or who hasn't? I'd nearly give Frimpong a go tonight.

Gibbs and Sagna having fitness tests (Sky). Others seem to be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Soups123 wrote: »
    Stop believing everything you read and then using as a stick to bait the club with.

I wrote "apparently" and "if true" in the post; I didn't take it as gospel and in any case, I won't be cowed into not sharing reports that people might not like to hear. I don't care about if we get him or not anyway, I've been saying for ages that we should move on Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

why don't we sign fellani big hair from everton. it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    RTE2 :)

I'll be watching the 45 minutes of each half with the mute button on. Not even going to contemplate sitting through the absolute horror show that'll masquerade as 'analysis' beforehand, at HT and afterwards.

This is just about as close to a win-win can't go wrong with any prediction match for Dunphy and co as there is.

Comprehensive win = They should be winning
    Scratchy win = The cracks are still there. Lucky.
    Draw = Should be beating Fenerbache. Still brittle. Lucky.
    Loss = Club in crisis. Wenger has to go.
    Comprehensive Loss = See above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Isn't there a lad in the Liverpool who posts in a similar style? Seems to be on a wind up?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a United fan or similar with both accounts masquerading as a fan in each thread and on a pure wind up. I don't doubt there's someone sad enough to do that.

Standards have gone to ****e in this place the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

wawaman wrote: »
    Yes a well run Arsenal who sign players would be able to win. A brittle Arsenal with a Manager who has serious questions to answer may not win there

Surely you could substitute any team name into that statement above? FWIW I think Arsenal have more than enough with the team they had last year to beat Fenerbahce both home and away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I actually think we can win this tonight, the starting XI sounds like it'll be healthier than I expected last weekend. The pressure is unfair on the players hut we'll find out a lot about our mental strength in how we respond to the Villa result and the batsh*t crazy atmosphere in the stadium.

cson wrote: »
    I'll be watching the 45 minutes of each half with the mute button on. Not even going to contemplate sitting through the absolute horror show that'll masquerade as 'analysis' beforehand, at HT and afterwards.

This is just about as close to a win-win can't go wrong with any prediction match for Dunphy and co as there is.

Comprehensive win = They should be winning
    Scratchy win = The cracks are still there. Lucky.
    Draw = Should be beating Fenerbache. Still brittle. Lucky.
    Loss = Club in crisis. Wenger has to go.
    Comprehensive Loss = See above.

RTE panels usually contain ex-Liverpool players or Man Utd lovers and they rarely have a good word to say about Arsenal performances. We would have to win 4 nil to get any praise from them. Never watch RTE and prefer to go to the pub rather than watch a game on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im not worried about the starting 11, they should be capable enough, its the options from the bench that im a little worried about

wonga77 wrote: »
    Im not worried about the starting 11, they should be capable enough, its the options from the bench that im a little worried about

I'm dreading injuries. We are threadbare now.
    Our first 11 should be far too good for Fenerbache.

Even if we won 10-0 tonight, you know the panel would just start with the whole, "Well, they're not going to be able to do that every week" type b*llix.

Is it only on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

On SS aswell

RTE panels usually contain ex-Liverpool players or Man Utd lovers and they rarely have a good word to say about Arsenal performances. We would have to win 4 nil to get any praise from them. Never watch RTE and prefer to go to the pub rather than watch a game on it.

Ah even if we won 4-0 nil they would find ways to pick holes in the performance it's RTE the bias towards some teams is ridiculous.

Could be worse though I'm in work will be trying to watch it on my phone unable to hear commentary etc while getting work done, I've a feeling I wont be doing to much for the first few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Big worry for me is Ramsey and Wilshere trying to protect the defence again. Made a hash of it on Saturday, Villa were walking through us. As were Napoli in pre-season in the 1st half until Arteta came on.

Negligent from Wenger not to have bought by now. If he can't find better players than Ramsey, Szczesny, Giroud etc then we need to find someone who will. A manager on 7m+ a year should be able to do it you'd suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

anyhow, i predict a 2-0 win for the gunners. Fener are in line for a backlash from an angry arsenal side.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Meh, even if we won 4-0 there'd still be plenty of reasons to be downbeat about our prospects this campaign. Don't have to have a vendetta against Arsenal to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't see a win tonight tbh, I think it will be a score draw or a narrow defeat. Hope I am wrong just think its a tough place to go, offensively they have some good players and the crowd will be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think we'll win tonight 2-0 well looking forward to it and optimistic after the last few days of **** we need a lift and i think it'll come tonight

I'm liking all the optimism in here I'm nervous as fook, hope yeas are all right.

• Advertisement

Meh, even if we won 4-0 there'd still be plenty of reasons to be downbeat about our prospects this campaign. Don't have to have a vendetta against Arsenal to see that.

I think we are strong enough (first 11) to beat Fenerbache but strong enough for a challenge in the EPL then no way. I can't see us mounting any kind of challenge even for Top 4 with such a small squad. We need additions urgently.

I think we are strong enough (first 11) to beat Fenerbache but strong enough for a challenge in the EPL then no way. I can't see us mounting any kind of challenge even for Top 4 with such a small squad. We need additions urgently.

They are on the way........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You on the RTE panel tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Even if we won 10-0 tonight, you know the panel would just start with the whole, "Well, they're not going to be able to do that every week" type b*llix.

Is it only on RTE?

Absolute clowns on that panel mate!

Im worried about another clanger from Chesney tonight, lets hope he keeps his focus for the entire game tonight and doesn't switch off like he always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Get the win and who cares what the clowns on RTE think.

Qualify over the 2 legs is what is required and hopefully we will add to the team and put all this behind us. :)

SS saying that Fenerbahce are a big physical team.
    Just what we need after Sat. We will win though but please God we have no more injuries.

Willian having a medical at Spurs now SSN are reporting. Haven't seen much of the chap but he is hardly worth 30 million he has only 2 international caps to his name since 2011 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Im worried about another clanger from Chesney tonight, lets hope he keeps his focus for the entire game tonight and doesn't switch off like he always does.

Really? You don't rate him? Who knew!!

SS saying that Fenerbahce are a big physical team.
    Just what we need after Sat. We will win though but please God we have no more injuries.

Did you see there stadium there? Looks like a real old fashioned English stadium with the stands very close to the pitch. There's gonna be some atmosphere there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Willian having a medical at Spurs now SSN are reporting. Haven't seen much of the chap but he is hardly worth 30 million he has only 2 international caps to his name since 2011 :confused:

I don't care what he's worth, I'd have him at Arsenal!

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't care what he's worth, I'd have him at Arsenal!

Di Maria to us when Bale goes to Madrid ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

2-1 loss tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If we dont win tonight Ill be royally pissed. I know its a tough country and team to face but the players should be more than experienced to deal with it. They are Fenerbache and we are Arsenal, we should be winning regardless.

FearDark wrote: »
    2-1 loss tonight.

Keep the faith lad, everything that could of went against us on Saturday did (only our second league defeat in 17 games). I am hoping we put in a massive performance tonight to shut up our critics. Come on "THE ARSENAL"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

If we dont win tonight Ill be royally pissed. I know its a tough country and team to face but the players should be more than experienced to deal with it. They are Fenerbache and we are Arsenal, we should be winning regardless.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You do reaslise that before we beat them there last season they hadn't been beaten at home in Europe in 15 games, these guys are no fcukin mugs and the sooner some on here realise that the better.

Of course the more cynical side in me suspect you already know all this and are just laying the bait for the big sh*tfest in here if we don't win. This match is played over 180 mins and any result tonight that makes us favourites to progress will do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Its going to be cloase and a win is vital.

Bokkies has the game almost at evens.

Would say we have a number of signings lined up but depends on qualification!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

You do reaslise that before we beat them there last season they hadn't been beaten at home in Europe in 15 games, these guys are no fcukin mugs and the sooner some on here realise that the better.

Of course the more cynical side in me suspect you already know all this and are just laying the bait for the big sh*tfest in here if we don't win. This match is played over 180 mins and any result tonight that makes us favourites to progress will do me.

Hey have you seen me posting at all about how things are of late? I havent hopped on any ****fest wagon. I know they are no mugs otherwise they wouldnt have made it this far, but even so...

• Advertisement

Di Maria to us when Bale goes to Madrid ;)

Spurs would be in some serious sh1t after spending over 100 million if Madrid pulled out of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Spurs would be in some serious sh1t after spending over 100 million if Madrid pulled out of the deal.
    All on the back of Bale?
    No way is that boy worth 100 million. Vastly overrated. Not sure that they would get even that for Messi at Barca?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

starting lineup out yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal team to play Fenerbahce: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla, Giroud

#Arsenal substitutes: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Frimpong, Gnabry, Podolski, Sanogo #FENvAFC

darego wrote: »
    starting lineup out yet?

Schez, Gibbs Sagna, Kos Mert Rosicky Jack Rambo Cazorla Walcott Gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal team to play Fenerbahce: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla, Giroud

#Arsenal substitutes: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Frimpong, Gnabry, Podolski, Sanogo #FENvAFC

That's as good a staying XI as we have.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If anyone wants a stream PM me.

Alan Smith on the Fulham match -

" the fans deserve better than to see a right-back playing centre-back in the 2nd game of the season".

I am bracing myself for the clowns on RTE and if the panel is Gilles, Cunningham and Whelan there is a good chance the tv will be going out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's as good a staying XI as we have.
    Arteta would improve it a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If anyone's still wondering why we're in for Cabaye/Other CMs: look at that bench, not a decent midfielder in sight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement