Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You're taking the piss yeah?

Not at all.

With no major players out, Wenger could sign a couple of Afro French squad players and we'd be good for top four again,

The club are looking to push on and are prepared to spend money doing it. I find that refreshing and am enthusiastic about the future regardless of whether we get Suarez or not.

As an aside I'd worry about the mental health of anyone who genuinely believed that the club ate throwing up some doomed-to-fail smokescreen to make it look like they're interested in depending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Nobody in the PL takes Liverpool for granted, even if they aren't The team they once were. I always look forward to the games with them.

Im pretty sure it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Whoops I had my serious face on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leiva wrote: »
    City will have a say in all of this I'm convinced of that.

I think City are carefully watching the Bale situation tbh.

There's a big chance that we could end up with neither Higuain or Suarez because we allowed things to be drawn out.

We should make Liverpool an offer of 50 million and then go about our business of filling the other gaps in the team.

Stop the auld messing and get on with it.
    I don't give a damn what the players cost, that's for the accountants to worry about.

I agree we should, at this point, go all out for him. He'd guarantee us CL football and the 30mil a year that brings. done.

I agree we should, at this point, go all out for him. He'd guarantee us CL football and the 30mil a year that brings. done.

You know the old saying "between two stools you fall to the ground".

Just do the business speedily now Wenger & Co.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Seems sarcasm is lost in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So would it be Wenger talking to Suarez or what way does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Im still completely on the fence with this Suarez move, would it disrupt the team? I presume Sagna , Giroud and Diaby are friends with Evra, and also, our other black players how would they feel with all that's went on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

There's a big chance that we could end up with neither Higuain or Suarez because we allowed things to be drawn out.

We should make Liverpool an offer of 50 million and then go about our business of filling the other gaps in the team.

I don't give a damn what the players cost, that's for the accountants to worry about.

I agree with you to a large extent but then the accountants will be doing a lot of Cost/Benefit analyses especially if signing Suarez will cost 50 Million- thats a lot of nuts for one player. A counter argument is that we could have signed Hig and Fellani for that amount- However given the lack of alternatives we have at the moment, I will wholeheartedly support a 50 million move for him (if) they can make another good signing alongside Suarez.

Id say forget the BS about Suarez's past- the fact is that he will be a phenomenal addition to Arsenal and despite the high level of cynicism, having Suarez as our top striker is a guaranteed 30 goals for the season- add that to Giroud, Pod and Walcott, we will be in very good shape for the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain arrives for Napoli medical
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23442542

I suppose we can take it he is not coming to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We should throw in Bendtner as a sweetner

gosplan wrote: »
    Not at all.

With no major players out, Wenger could sign a couple of Afro French squad players and we'd be good for top four again,

The club are looking to push on and are prepared to spend money doing it. I find that refreshing and am enthusiastic about the future regardless of whether we get Suarez or not.

As an aside I'd worry about the mental health of anyone who genuinely believed that the club ate throwing up some doomed-to-fail smokescreen to make it look like they're interested in depending money.
    Top 4, yay!

About Real Madrid...
    Quote:
    Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 18m
    @SteveJacksdad don't think it will be long before they come to the table. And that will change everything

• Advertisement

Top 4, yay!

3r9m68.jpg

About Real Madrid...
    Quote:
    Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 18m
    @SteveJacksdad don't think it will be long before they come to the table. And that will change everything

How will they bid for and intend to sign both Bale and Suarez- even for Real, that will be a tall order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

KINGVictor wrote: »
    How will they bid for and intend to sign both Bale and Suarez- even for Real, that will be a tall order.

They don't need Bale, but Suarez would be a nice replacement for Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jester77 wrote: »
    We should throw in Bendtner as a sweetner

I think that would have the same effect on any transfer as a French kiss would at a family reunion!

3r9m68.jpg
    Can you point out anything you disagree with or think is inaccurate? I was replying to someone who is already making the annual shift towards the usual mentality that plagues many Arsenal fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If we leave it to the dying seconds to buy Suarez Liverpool might panic buy and give us 35 million for Bendtner.

Top 4, yay!

Dude, you're either not reading my posts or totally missing the point.

Dude, you're either not reading my posts or totally missing the point.
    What is it exactly so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seems to me that Real are targeting Bale right now, and prob have Suarez pencilled in as their back-up big signing. It's so important that we come back with another bid soon before Real have time to move. There will be a huge drop in quality for available strikers in the transfer market if Suarez moves.

Can you point out anything you disagree with or think is inaccurate? I was replying to someone who is already making the annual shift towards the usual mentality that plagues many Arsenal fans.

No, you didn't read my posts.

Si technically it is your sh1t

Top 4 is a minimum requirement for arsenal, but realistically there's been one spot up for grabs. between the two oil rich clubs with practically unlimited budgets, city have spent nearly 100 mil so far. And united. Arsenal have, despite being restricted Financially, done well to remain in the top echelon of teams. There's fierce competition to get into the cl. But nobody is happy with merely top 4. we all want more from the club, and this season there's a feeling that we've got an opportunity to push on. However You relentlessly bitch and moan about without offering anything worthwhile to the debate. you're a downer, and im tired of it.

Seems to me that Real are targeting Bale right now, and prob have Suarez pencilled in as their back-up big signing. It's so important that we come back with another bid soon before Real have time to move. There will be a huge drop in quality for available strikers in the transfer market if Suarez moves.

Real will already have let his agents know if they were interested, so make no mistake, doesn't matter how quick we put in a bid, if real want him pool will sell to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

TheBza wrote: »
    Im still completely on the fence with this Suarez move, would it disrupt the team? I presume Sagna , Giroud and Diaby are friends with Evra, and also, our other black players how would they feel with all that's went on?

those french whores are friends with nobody

What is it exactly so?

Fear: Wenger and Arsenal perfect for greedy owners. Keep club in CL on positive net spend. Win nothing but who cares? Make mucho casho.

Evidence that fear was incorrect: outlandish 20, 35 and 40 million bids, attempting to spend big to placate supporters and push club on.

Fear: Wenger and Arsenal perfect for greedy owners. Keep club in CL on positive net spend. Win nothing but who cares? Make mucho casho.

Evidence that fear was incorrect: outlandish 20, 35 and 40 million bids, attempting to spend big to placate supporters and push club on.

Outlandish how? There's been nothing to counter the fact (not fear) that has been borne out for the last 5 years. The hope that we might finally start spending is just that, a hope.
    I'm wondering how I misinterpreted the first post I quoted. Looks like you'd be happy enough with 4th and no spending (challenge in itself) if that's what the club feel is right.
    I fear for the mental health of someone who takes anything a club says seriously and bases opinions of that. Actions (confirmed ones and ones which actually have an effect) are what opinions should be based on. We have made a free signing so far this summer, that's it.
    If we are going to look at what the club says as meaning anything then the "we have loooooooads of money to spend" thing is the exact opposite of what someone actually looking for value-for-money should be doing.

• Advertisement

TheBza wrote: »
    They don't need Bale, but Suarez would be a nice replacement for Higuain.

Well reports in the media suggest otherwise. I think they want Bale badly

What the

Jack Widnell ‏@jackwfootball 1m
    The Guardian reports that Liverpool are considering legal action against Arsenal who broke PL rules finding the clause in Suarez's contract.

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 57s
    #LFC are prepared for a protracted and potentially legal dispute with Arsenal over Suarez's contract. (Andy Hunter)

What the

The Guardian reports that Liverpool are considering legal action against Arsenal who broke PL rules finding the clause in Suarez's contract.

#LFC are prepared for a protracted and potentially legal dispute with Arsenal over Suarez's contract. (Andy Hunter)
    Yeah someone on the Liverpool thread said the offer suggested "insider knowledge" or something. How something that's been in the papers for the last few weeks wouldn't count as public knowledge is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What the

Interesting but clubs talk to agents, everybody knows that.

Outlandish how? There's been nothing to counter the fact (not fear) that has been borne out for the last 5 years. The hope that we might finally start spending is just that, a hope.
    I'm wondering how I misinterpreted the first post I quoted. Looks like you'd be happy enough with 4th and no spending (challenge in itself) if that's what the club feel is right.
    I fear for the mental health of someone who takes anything a club says seriously and bases opinions of that. Actions (confirmed ones and ones which actually have an effect) are what opinions should be based on. We have made a free signing so far this summer, that's it.
    If we are going to look at what the club says as meaning anything then the "we have loooooooads of money to spend" thing is the exact opposite of what someone actually looking for value-for-money should be doing.

OK so we just ignore the fact that the club seems to be repeatedly trying to break the transfer record?

The first thing you quoted was a continuation of the point where you thought I was taking the piss or something.

To achieve top 4, nothing is really needed. These deals are clearly a new attempt by the club to move forward, one which until now we've only been told would happen.

But you're saying I can't base opinions on them because they mightn't have an effect?? Hmmmm.

What the

Reading between the lines I think the management have resigned themselves to the fact that Suarez is leaving, probably to us and they are covering their tracks to placate the "passionate" Liverpool fans so they can say they tried their best to stop the transfer. The fact that there was a clause at 40 million has been common knowledge for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What the

Interesting, sounds like Liverpool are panicking. This was common knowledge long before Arsenal made any bid. There must be more to this, maybe it is actually a release clause as was earlier rumoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Napoli have agreed a deal with Jackson Martinez for €40m. Two €40m strikers in one day. Ambition, eh? Another striker down if we lose out on Suarez.

Napoli have agreed a deal with Jackson Martinez for €40m. Two €40m strikers in one day. Ambition, eh? Another striker down if we lose out on Suarez.

Jaysus Higuain maybe spending a bit of time on the Napoli bench as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is he not more a winger though that cuts in , Not an out and out striker

Fair play to napoli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

those french whores are friends with nobody

Can you explain/expand on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I said it in the Summer Transfer thread before they'd signed Reina, Higuain and Martinez but **** me Napoli are doing exceptional business this summer. Plus they actually get proper ****ing dollar for their best players. Arsenal seem to be particularly adept at getting rode at both ends of the spectrum; losing out on targets and selling our actual world class players for **** all. :(

cson wrote: »
    I said it in the Summer Transfer thread before they'd signed Reina, Higuain and Martinez but **** me Napoli are doing exceptional business this summer. Plus they actually get proper ****ing dollar for their best players. Arsenal seem to be particularly adept at getting rode at both ends of the spectrum; losing out on targets and selling our actual world class players for **** all. :(

We were mugged on the RVP transfer it seems.

OK so we just ignore the fact that the club seems to be repeatedly trying to break the transfer record?
    Apparently trying.
    To achieve top 4, nothing is really needed. These deals are clearly a new attempt by the club to move forward, one which until now we've only been told would happen.
    Little is needed, you're right, and so far little has happened. What deals?
    But you're saying I can't base opinions on them because they mightn't have an effect?? Hmmmm.
    Basing an opinion on rumour and hearsay is ridiculous in my opinion.

To be honest if we are going to take the club's comments at face value then it's a miracle we've been staying in the top 4 with such idiots running us. If they were looking for value then coming out to say we have money to spend is absolutely retarded. I don't believe they're that stupid so I have to question the motivation behind such statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This craic of just paying what players are worth will never catch on. Napoli are embarrassing themselves. Why has nobody told them that when you sell your best players you bank the money and sit on it, not spend it straight away! The buffoons.

Apparently trying.

Little is needed, you're right, and so far little has happened. What deals?

Basing an opinion on rumour and hearsay is ridiculous in my opinion.

To be honest if we are going to take the club's comments at face value then it's a miracle we've been staying in the top 4 with such idiots running us. If they were looking for value then coming out to say we have money to spend is absolutely retarded. I don't believe they're that stupid so I have to question the motivation behind such statements.

Unsubscribe

Stewart Robosn just gets worse. His latest is that he can't understand why Suarez would leave Liverpool "a club on the up".

Anyone that thinks that Arsenal would bid for pllayers solely as a pr excercise to placate fans really needs to go away and have a word with him/herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Think we will get the racist

€42m + add ons

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement