Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

really want to see wengers interview now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Where are all those pool and spurs fans now? They can reminisce together about being in CL :D

We are here. In the shadows. Waiting. Always waiting.

In fairness. Good reaction from the team after last weekend. Pity you won so easy though. Wenger won't spend Christmas now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Great win lads really chuffed with the cohesian of Ramsey, Wilshere and most impressively Cazorla. Played some lovely football we just lack that bit of movement up front.

Solid performance from Arsenal. When they smell blood we are as lethal as any team but im under no illusions that Fenerbache were dreadful for their part. The only one of their players who can come out with any credit was Kuyt who we already know will always give 100% and Sow looked dangerous up front at times. Emenike made a difference to their attack.

We still need to buy especially with the fact we will almost certainly be taking our place in the Champions league now which will add at least 6 midweek games to our fixture list. Our squad isnt big enough to compete on 2 fronts let alone 4 so we need to recruit and recruit quality at that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont get all this Wenger wont spend as much now cos they won business at all, if anything he will spend more because higher profile targets might be available to him now with CL football all but guaranteed which also means more games for the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Great win lads really chuffed with the cohesian of Ramsey, Wilshere and most impressively Cazorla. Played some lovely football we just lack that bit of movement up front.

Rosicky did very well tonight too in fairness. Put a lot of pressure on their defence..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great win, was delighted with the attitude of the players and to be honest there were more goals in that for us if we pushed, by fcuk though were Fener poor, maybe they knew they werent going to be playing cl football anyway as they probably be turfed out.
    By the way there are some amount of trolls posting here now and it annoys the sh*te out of me, how does one go about putting someone on the ignore list, ive been tolerant up to now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Very promising on the transfer front from listen to Arsene

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ah wenger STOP IT!

he's just said that you'll have to go a long way to find a better CB than sagna!

come on! Sagna's a fine player and a fine RB. but f**k sake Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hopefully we will finally see some movement on transfers after tonight's result.

• Advertisement

Just like to add that the players we have are all good squad players and proved last year AGAINST THE ODDS that we can get a run of consistency going, but im not fooling myself that they badly need help. We had to play our right back at centre half when Koc got his horrific injury and as Smudger Smith correctly alluded to, that from a club sitting on a big pile of cash it is quite simply not good enough.

2 great games from the little Mozart. Super player.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    ah wenger STOP IT!

he's just said that you'll have to go a long way to find a better CB than sagna!

He is just giving him the confidence for Saturday that's all, he knows he is no CB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Soups123 wrote: »

Ended up watching on RTE and missed that interview, all I heard was a 30 second George Hamilton interview :rolleyes:

ah wenger STOP IT!

agreed but he admitted they were one short so lets hope

Soups123 wrote: »

Missed that. What did he say?

FearDark wrote: »
    Ended up watching on RTE and missed that interview, all I heard was a 30 second George Hamilton interview :rolleyes:

Just said signings will come, fans don't realise that transfer action only starts properly in the last 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Buy a right back

Leave barcay centre back

And give him 2 years

A terrific solider to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Villa just scored an absolute cracker. Wenger didn't want him and Atletico got him for 2.5M euro?!

Anyone notice how Jenks looks top class in Europe but struggles a tiny bit in the Premier league?

I think its down to the slower tempo suiting him whereas the fast tempo of the Premier league perhaps counteracts the threat of his pace

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    Villa just scored an absolute cracker. Wenger didn't want him and Atletico got him for 2.5M euro?!

In my opinion either Suarez or Higuain would have been better. We wont get Higuain now but we might still get Suarez. Tiny tiny chance but who knows

Telegraph reporting £40m move for Benzema.
    100% fake surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Barca apparently told us closer to £15m.

One more thing on tonight, I though Ches made some excellent saves and put his head on the line too taking a bad knock.
    Dissapointed that Sanogo or Frimpong didnt get 10 mins at the end too, that was a great chance to get them out there

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Barca apparently told us closer to £15m.

That was last January though right?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Telegraph reporting £40m move for Benzema.
    100% fake surely.

IIRC Wenger allegedly slapped a bid on Benzema when he was at Lyon circa 2008. Was nowhere near what he went to Real a year later for (surprise surprise) but it was near the 35million mark. Wouldnt surprise me id say he is a big fan of him but i doubt Real would sell unless they can get Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well amongst all the depression and crap in here the last few days i said we'd beat Fenerbache 2-0 and how glad am i that I was wrong and we won 3-0 :D

Hopefully now we can do somthing similar against Fulham saturday morning :) and maybe then while all those games are been played we might have some positive transfer news

Balague said last night on telly:
    "In January Arsenal came and offered a four-year deal, about 20m euros, and some money for Barcelona. Barcelona said they were not selling," Balague told Revista.

"So I think that David Villa, who took his kids to a British school, expected Arsenal to come back but they didn't, because they saw that David Villa in the last six months was not happy and wasn't playing well, and they probably thought he is not what he was."

now in fairness a mate of mine who knows his spanish football said Villa really looked finished in the 2nd half of the season. Arsenal must have thought the same.

Can't see us going for Benzema in all honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

wonga77 wrote: »
    One more thing on tonight, I though Ches made some excellent saves and put his head on the line too taking a bad knock.
    Dissapointed that Sanogo or Frimpong didnt get 10 mins at the end too, that was a great chance to get them out there

Very true.

Chez isn't perfect or anything but he gets a hard time because he looks bad when exposed.

... but so does every keeper. You just never see anyone waltz through the Chelsea defence to run at Cech.

Same with Mert. He's got flaws but it's up to other players to protect them. Agbonlahor or Benteke running straight at him with no cover is just stupid.

It's like punting long balls up to Walcott all night and then calling him sh1t cause he didn't win any knock downs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

AS is saying that Benzema is seeking to renew his contract. £40m is a strong valuation though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

wonga77 wrote: »

Id expect them to get some time once we score one in the second leg

The thing with Woj though is one game he can better than Buffon

and in the next game his head will be in the clouds and he wouldn't be fit to lace almunias boots,

We need someone who's going to be consistent every week and one who the centre backs can activily trust too

Can't see us going for Benzema in all honesty.

Wenger said he's a fan alright but then again he said he's a fan of Neymar too one time :D

If we signed Benzema i would be ecstatic because in my eyes he's better than Higuain , and not as mental as Suarez and not as high wages or as prone to injurry and sulking as Wayne Rooney, But i can't see it happening giving whats gone on already this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Balague said last night on telly:
    "In January Arsenal came and offered a four-year deal, about 20m euros, and some money for Barcelona. Barcelona said they were not selling," Balague told Revista.

"So I think that David Villa, who took his kids to a British school, expected Arsenal to come back but they didn't, because they saw that David Villa in the last six months was not happy and wasn't playing well, and they probably thought he is not what he was."

now in fairness a mate of mine who knows his spanish football said Villa really looked finished in the 2nd half of the season. Arsenal must have thought the same.

There was another part to this.

Atletico got him for so cheap BECAUSE they agreed to give Barcelona first refusal of their up and coming star midfielder (can't think of his name) and a certain price. So was good business on their part!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Great performance and result. Ramsey immense.

Now to finally show some intent in the transfer window and get in the players we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

You can put the Benzema ideas out of your head. Real aren't selling him. They'd have to get in another striker to make it even remotely plausible and the only one available out there who would hold a candle to KB is Suarez. And he does not fit with the RMCF ethos at all at all. So they won't be signing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

All this benzama talk is to push the Suarez deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would love us to try sign the young Spanish winger Iker Muniain, absolutely tore Utd to shreds a few years back in the Europa Lge alongside Llorente and would really thrive in a team like ours.

On a side note what did ye think of the Navy shorts paired with the famous red and white shirt tonight? Personally Red shorts combined with the predominantly red shirt and our red socks would have been better.

• Advertisement

ulinbac wrote: »
    There was another part to this.

Atletico got him for so cheap BECAUSE they agreed to give Barcelona first refusal of their up and coming star midfielder (can't think of his name) and a certain price. So was good business on their part!!!

Oliver Torres is the player you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »
    Perhaps being a tad over-optimistic but 4-0 would be nice. All these signings that are waiting for our qualification to the champions league wouldn't have to wait another week.

Well we didn't get the 4th but we're all but through aren't we ? Any players that were waiting for our qualification to the CL should be signing shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

greendom wrote: »
    Well we didn't get the 4th but we're all but through aren't we ? Any players that were waiting for our qualification to the CL should be signing shortly.

It would take an implosion that only spurs would be capable of in order to go out in the second leg.

Bild reporting that Schalke are interested in Poldi.

I like having him around the place, dont want him sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

On a side note what did ye think of the Navy shorts paired with the famous red and white shirt tonight? Personally Red shorts combined with the predominantly red shirt and our red socks would have been better.

Wasn't keen. I wonder had they brought the away kit without realising it would clash coz they looked a bit like the away shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Maybe it's just because it's new and I'm a fan of change in general but I actually really like the shorts this season.

BBC reporting that we're in for Benzema and Di Maria: http://bbc.in/14EhEci

Wasn't keen. I wonder had they brought the away kit without realising it would clash coz they looked a bit like the away shorts.

Away shorts are royal where as these were navy to go with the collar and sleeve hoop

BBC reporting that we're in for Benzema and Di Maria: http://bbc.in/14EhEci

Plus a Gk and defender :)
    four of them and maybe cabaye?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They are the away shorts, think it said on arsenal.com earlier they would be using them.

Edit: actually now I look it just says blue shorts but doesn't specify if they're the away ones or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement