Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not a hope he's going to Arsenal.

I dont think thats what he meant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Not a hope he's going to Arsenal.

Here hoping there isn't a hope.

shano_88 wrote: »
    I dont think thats what he meant

Ah right, it might kickstart Arsenal into buying someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I worry myself has he peaked too soon.
    Injuries have held him back big time ro be fair but he needs a good season

If Wilshere has peaked then I wouldn't like to see him play in 2/3 years when he's declined :eek:

No way has he peaked. The pressure being put on his shoulders to carry Arsenal and England is ridiculous. The lad has serious potential but he is not a top player yet, not even close. There are so many areas of his game that he needs to improve on but I think he can manage it if he can avoid injury and average 40 games a season.

His best years are most definitely ahead of him and I think he can become a world class player, but he has some way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I don't see how what Suarez does now means anything. Wenger said the deal is dead, gone, finished.

So in that sense, we can move on elsewhere, but no matter what happens, it (hopefully IMO) won't involve us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope he's off to Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

IS FLAMINI SIGNED DEFINITELY?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Yup, heres hoping anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Flamini is a good signing for ye imo. He didn't leave Milan because he was useless, he left because he wanted more money than we offered him and we didn't need him as we had enough midfield cover already (the squad size is 32 and he wasn't going to be a starter)

Always enjoyed him when he played and he's one of those players the fans love and get behind because of his fantastic workrate and sheer determination. I think he can do a good job at Arsenal and would expect him to get a fair amount of game time. He has that ruthless quality that Arsenal have been lacking somewhat in recent years. Good player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't see how what Suarez does now means anything. Wenger said the deal is dead, gone, finished.

So in that sense, we can move on elsewhere, but no matter what happens, it (hopefully IMO) won't involve us.

unless he is off to Madrid who need to recoup some of the money spent on him and Bale through the sale of players such as Di Maria or Benzema whom Arsenal are currently linked to. I would imagine that is the main reason Arsenal fans are mentioning Suarez at all after Wengers comments

• Advertisement

Yeah, everyone is happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i'd take di maria & saurez over di maria and benzema

also seen it mentioned in the transfer thread that if chelsea sign willian, mata could be off
    it was only someone saying it, no links or nothing but he'd be great signing as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Not this Suarez crap again, to be honest as good as he is I dont want him now, it was all grand when we were in for him first but its been dragged out too much now I would rather us get Benzema. I think we will make 5 new signings before the window shuts 2 worldies a top keeper, Falmini and a young promising centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Not this Suarez crap again, to be honest as good as he is I dont want him now, it was all grand when we were in for him first but its been dragged out too much now I would rather us get Benzema. I think we will make 5 new signings before the window shuts 2 worldies a top keeper, Falmini and a young promising centre back.

signing anyone has been dragged out too much by this stage :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Wilshere has peaked then I wouldn't like to see him play in 2/3 years when he's declined :eek:

No way has he peaked. The pressure being put on his shoulders to carry Arsenal and England is ridiculous. The lad has serious potential but he is not a top player yet, not even close. There are so many areas of his game that he needs to improve on but I think he can manage it if he can avoid injury and average 40 games a season.

His best years are most definitely ahead of him and I think he can become a world class player, but he has some way to go yet.

Its nonsense tbh, he was fouled more times than any player in the league on the weekend and completed 8 successful dribbles vs Fenerbache which is frankly ludicrous. I much prefer him deeper and hopefully he continues to mature the defensive side of his game as his dribbles open teams up getting him a lot of 'pre assists'. Its very important against teams who park the bus. He was definitely the more cautious of our 2 cms vs Fenerbache too, he rightly allowed Ramsey to push forward more as he is bang in form and is better at pressing. Wilshere played the more Arteta-esque role and hit a far far higher passing %, which is no slight on Ramsey it just shows the differing in roles they ended up playing in the game. I think it was something either he/they/management addressed after the Villa game and it certainly improved.
    Its nuts to say he has peaked, its extremely rare to see a player start in CM for a top club at such a young age, which says a lot for the ability of Ramsey and Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BSTViVGIMAE5T6w.jpg:large

Can only really be a positive, opening the door further for either Benzema or Di Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Played out like I predicted, miss out on higuan, pool won't sell us Suarez and real come in for him!

and we take Benzema ...but its going to go to very last second isn't it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Played out like I predicted, miss out on higuan, pool won't sell us Suarez and real come in for him!

hopefully for Arsenal fans the bit you didn't predict of Arsenal getting someone like Benzema (still not sure about that myself though Di Maria leaving them seems far more likely atm) in as a result of all this happens otherwise I dont think anyone will be congratulating you on your prediction skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Then we come in with a vengence for Benzema and Di Maria wham bam thank you mam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i think it's very unlikey -
    cronaldo wants di maria to stay (but to be honest I think Cronaldo will be off next summer for about 30m euros, to PSG )

and Benzema is loved by Perez.

but, if we got those 2 boys we would be a bit TASTY.

just read the guardian article, its practically Rodgers saying "please come and get him Real"
    Pool need money to improve the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i think it's very unlikey -
    cronaldo wants di maria to stay (but to be honest I think Cronaldo will be off next summer for about 30m euros, to PSG )

and Benzema is loved by Perez.

but, if we got those 2 boys we would be a bit TASTY.

Do you mean Cristiano Ronaldo? Because surely you don't think Cristiano Ronaldo will be sold to PSG for only €30m? I know he's pushing 29 but I still reckon he's worth more than that.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Do you mean Cristiano Ronaldo? Because surely you don't think Cristiano Ronaldo will be sold to PSG for only €30m? I know he's pushing 29 but I still reckon he's worth more than that.

he is, but like rooney with his big wage, there are only a couple of clubs who can pay the wages and they'll look for a reduced fee as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If Real buy Bale and Suarez then they will have done us a massive favour, as will Chelsea if they buy Willian from Spurs' grasp. Up to us to grab the initiative now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Flamini, Dr Maria and Benzema......

Holy ****zballz.

I'd love two of em but 3 would fantastic

Flamini, Dr Maria and Benzema......

Holy ****zballz.

I'd love two of em but 3 would fantastic

Umm, fairly sure Flamini won't be a problem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Real buy Bale and Suarez then they will have done us a massive favour, as will Chelsea if they buy Willian from Spurs' grasp. Up to us to grab the initiative now!

we need to go big now. no f*cking about, make real a proper offer, give benzema and di maria juicy contracts, sort another CB, sort the goalie.

It would be super.

a-chance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Any experienced day trip match travellers around?

After scoping cheap flights for a Saturday 3.00 kick off, but the times are tight. Be scheduled to land at 13.10 on Sat in Gatwick. Theoretically Gatwick Express and Tube should take an hour to get to Arsenal but has anyone tried anything like this before?

Tight my friend but if I were you my plan would be:

As soon as you exit the customs/arrivals walk over to the trains/buses desk on your left. Ask for single/return ticket for St Pancras/Kings Cross and ask for an all day tube ticket on the inbound journey. Soon as you get to St Pancras straight on to the Piccadilly line eastbound to Arsenal. Chances are you'll get a train from Gatwick within 10 minutes and it will be as quick as the Express into Victoria or London Bridge. If you ask for the all day on the inbound ticket it will save you time buying it when you get into London. The Gatwick Express is a rip off - you won't lose much time on the ordinary train - it stops at East Croydon and Farringdon before St Pancras - it might be an idea to go Gatwick to Victoria and then take the tube up to Finsbury Park on the Victoria line using the same method including an all day tube ticket. Both options are cheap and quick - I usually go Gatwick to London Bridge with an all day ticket on a single and it costs £12 - £14 but I'd have more time.

Except ... the game is at Craven Cottage ...

So Train from Gatwick - London Bridge - on to Tube Jubilee Line Westbound to Westminister - change to District Line Westbound to Putney Bridge and walk to Craven Cottage ... same method for tickets as above ... hope that helps and you enjoy your day ... and we win :)

• Advertisement

Wonder will suarez start acting the maggot again lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Whats all this on Flamini so. He is still training with us and is out of contract so if we were gonna sign him why haven't we done so already? I haven't been looking at him in Milan for a long time so is he still capable of playing like he did the season he left us? Would he just be cover while Arteta is out or would he play ahead of him?

we need to go big now. no f*cking about, make real a proper offer, give benzema and di maria juicy contracts, sort another CB, sort the goalie.

It would be super.

a-chance.gif

So many Dumb & Dumber memes on this thread the past few days! Think it began with "We got no signings, we got no fit defenders... our pets' heads are falling off!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Get Mata please Arsene. Chelsea will let him leave.

Mata would be a serious player for us!

Jesus, all this hope is killing me. Benzema, Di Maria, Flamini, Mata....

*DROOL*

Please Arsene..!

Something fishy going on with the official Real Madrid online store, "Down for maintenance" ...Adding "BALE" to their shirts I reckon. I'd say tomorrow is the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

FearDark wrote: »
    Mata would be a serious player for us!

Jesus, all this hope is killing me. Benzema, Di Maria, Flamini, Mata....

*DROOL*

Please Arsene..!

Something fishy going on with the official Real Madrid online store, "Down for maintenance" ...Adding "BALE" to their shirts I reckon. I'd say tomorrow is the day.

Already did it. SSN showing pictures of the RM website with Bale and #11 as options for the jerseys. Website down since it was discovered though.

Bild reporting we're loaning poldi to schalke. Has to be nonsense.

The D***y M**l are reporting similar...

Ludicrous in any case and a complete outrage if we havent anyone lined up to replace him. How reliable are Bild?

I'd be gutted if he left I accept his limitations but he's become a favorite of mine.

• Advertisement

There's no logic in selling/loaning Podolski. Nothing would surprise me at this stage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That would be bat **** crazy, like a few other Poldi has become a real favorite of mine. If it is true Wenger must have something serious up his sleeve, its the only logical reason I could imagine that being true.

If Chelsea and Mourinho sell Mata there fcuking nuts. Of all there players he would be the one I would covet most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I've read that we're looking to bring Di Maria in and possibly selling Podolski. I like him a lot, but for whatever reason he hasn't become a first team regular.

Loaning/Selling Poldi would be crazy. What has he got something like 11 goals in 30 for us, most substitute appearances out of position. I like him but he can't be happy.

L'prof wrote: »
    I've read that we're looking to bring Di Maria in and possibly selling Podolski. I like him a lot, but for whatever reason he hasn't become a first team regular.

As long as it's not Diego Capel instead, who The Times briefly linked us to tonight in their transfer round-up. I'd rather we kept Poldi and brought in Di Maria but if he goes, I hope his replacement is top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

FearDark wrote: »
    Loaning/Selling Poldi would be crazy. What has he got something like 11 goals in 30 for us, most substitute appearances out of position. I like him but he can't be happy.

Pawning off Poldi only makes sense IF we are buying a left winger and a striker imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So looks like jack will be out with his ankle, so were rushing through the paperwork to get flamini registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So looks like jack will be out with his ankle, so were rushing through the paperwork to get flamini registered.

Where are you seeing that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Flamini will have to be registered before noon today if we want to play him tomorrow. Should hear more later today I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Since this is the internet and papers make millions by making stuff up. How about Papadopolous swapsie for Podolski? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement