Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Looper007 wrote: »
    That's why I don't get people wanting him to play out the left wing. He's at his best in the middle.

Yes and no. He's at his most influential, because he can roam and wander to get on the ball as much as possible. But sometimes even when he's playing at his best, the play can become congested because of his drifting around. I expect to see him play both regularly depending on the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Benzema's agent says he'll be signing a new contract. Time for a Michu/Benteke bid I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Benzema's agent says he'll be signing a new contract. Time for a Michu/Benteke bid I reckon.

Giroud and Benteke in the same team would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Benteke can be very frustrating, just like Giroud.

ugsparky wrote: »
    Stupidity to pay £16m for a guy to warm the bench ... better off with solid defensive midfielder ... for £16m I'd be hoping for Mezet Ozil or Sami Khedira ...

Which of their feet for that price? The right or the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Suarez

Suarez

Dead in water id say. Especially if Liverpool's form can keep up. Sturridge at 12m proving to be a bargain for them.

Anyone reckon Juan Mata could be got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Giroud and Benteke in the same team would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Benteke can be very frustrating, just like Giroud.

Look, if we fcuked up the transfers of Higuain and Suarez, then we did that.

At this stage though instead of blowing loads of cash on a player who'll offer us nothing but a rotation for Giroud seems perhaps pointless.

Maybe just accept that till Jan, we won't get a fantastic striker and instead try to find a fantastic LW. Pod did great today but won't unlock the better teams. More guile and creativity needed IMO, not just someone like Benteke for the sake of it.

Personally though, I'd go back with 60 million for Suarez.

I rate Giroud very highly.

One great thing about him is that even when he's on a poor game, he makes himself useful and wins us a few balls that look lost to us.
    When Van Persie had a poor game where he wasn't involved in anything, he was completely absent.

Certainly not comparing the two's overall ability, but I think Giroud should be given more respect than he is given.

3 goals from 3 is also very impressive so far.

Also, another outstanding performance by Jenkinson today.

Decent attacking but brilliant defending. Won a lot of headers and made some good tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pardew: "If Arsenal want to sign Cabaye they’re going to need to sign him soon because at some point we’re just going to say no."
    sounds close if we want it to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Something tells me this is gonna be a looooong week..........:(

Edit:oooh 2000 posts, yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Over the moon with today. Being honest I wasnt too optimistic beforehand but by jaysus did we show how strong we are mentally. Great win and have to say Chesney played great if only he could be consistent he would be top class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Over the moon with today. Being honest I wasnt too optimistic beforehand but by jaysus did we show how strong we are mentally. Great win and have to say Chesney played great if only he could be consistent he would be top class!

He's a great shot stopper. Just needs to learn to be more mature with his decision making when clearing the ball or coming out to an attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Give him a bit of competition and he will excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

They actually had tony Adams on a fake pitch with real players and a goalie explaining the goal we conceded last week and how we could have dealt with it better, he was shouting orders
    at the players as if he was playing, a little bit of me died inside.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Disappointed with theo again today, seems to offer little lately

can't agree with you Jack, Michal Kadlec is still having nightmares after tuesday nights absolute ROASTING and he is very very dangerous with that pace. he's a clever guy so only going to improve, and I had almost lost patience with him at the start of last year.
    I like Theo.

All these muppets in the media slating us lads sick of it lets hope we shut them up this season with a trophy. What can you say about today, a typical Wenger team bounce straight back and prove the doubters wrong!!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssssshhhhh!!!

disappointed about the Benzema news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I thought Theo was pretty good today. Didn't score, but looked dangerous and his set pieces have really improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Also, another outstanding performance by Jenkinson today.

Decent attacking but brilliant defending. Won a lot of headers and made some good tackles.

Glad someone mentioned Jenkinson. Thought he had a very good game. Was putting in some great crosses.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Glad someone mentioned Jenkinson. Thought he had a very good game. Was putting in some great crosses.

Yeah he has a super cross on a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Havnet posted in here in a while as I think its best to wait until September 2nd. Although, I dont think any of us would have been expecting no new players a whole week after the Villa game. That we had only one centre half available today one game into the season in appalling mismanagement.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Havnet posted in here in a while as I think its best to wait until September 2nd. Although, I dont think any of us would have been expecting no new players a whole week after the Villa game. That we had only one centre half available today one game into the season in appalling mismanagement.

Yep regardless of results the elephant still remains at large in the room and is still ignored by Wenger and the board. We're two injuries away from catastrophe

All these Liverpool lads coming in here lately as well giving us grief just think about this, for the money they paid for Carroll, Downing, and Henderson our gaffer assembled the invincibles.

Just saying........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Didn't see todays game :(, but after reading the thread and seeing the result looking forward to match of the day.

Delighted to see Podolski get two, and Jenks and Sczez finally get some praise in here two players who I think can be big players for Arsenal.

It's going to be a tense week though looking at the subs bench we need signings badly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Best bit from today's game.

if2O6ZONGTbcZ.gif

fantastic piece of control led directly to the 3rd goal which was the nail in the coffin.

also, the abs on the guy.

530573-arsenal-lukas-podolski-olivier-giroud.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It was hard to find fault with that performance today in fairness. They seem to have a great team spirit and a genuine like for each other.

The lack of signings and back-up is letting them down too and Wenger needs to get his act together and make the signings we need. The players deserve it as well as the fans.

bad2dabone wrote: »

also, the abs on the guy.

It reminds me of when i look in the mirror :D

It reminds me of when i look in the mirror :D

That's not a mirror, it's a window. :D

• Advertisement

Giroud is proving very good.

No, he is not as good as Henry or Van Persie in that season and a half.

But, he is as good as Adebayor in his prime and Van Persie when he was fit those years ago and the other strikers post-Henry.

Yes, we all want one of the best strikers in the world, but Giroud deserves appreciation.

A goal a game so far from him. Do not blame him. Blame the defensive structure of the team so far; which is vastly aided by having no natural holding midfielder.

Giroud is doing his job.

That's not a mirror, it's a window. :D

Or a computer screen :D

I see Cabaye refused to play today according to a lot of reports, poor form from him but obviously trying to force a move out of Newcastle.

Still don't think he is what we need really but would take him as we need squad depth badly.

I have to say that I am very please with the shifts Rosicky is putting in so far this season. He was exhausted coming off today he covered so much ground. He doesn't get the praise he deserves a lot of the time. Great little worker, busy as a bee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I have to say that I am very please with the shifts Rosicky is putting in so far this season. He was exhausted coming off today he covered so much ground. He doesn't get the praise he deserves a lot of the time. Great little worker, busy as a bee.

Not afraid of a tackle either.

Rosicky for some reason has always been a favorite player of mine

Reminds me of Modric, smashing player and only for injuries we would of seen him to better effect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

FearDark wrote: »

Heard were first up aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

who ever was supposed to be picking up Bent needs a good kick in the hole totally free at the backpost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

who ever was supposed to be picking up Bent needs a good kick in the hole totally free at the backpost

Jenkinson switched off.

Missed the match this morning, just caught the highlights on MOTD. Jesus the way we turned defence into attack today is something I haven't seen us do that well for a long long time.

Cazorla is just a magical player.

Two good finishes by Podolski today, glad to see it.

Really do think we have a very good team in the making we just need that sprinkling of class to help push us on to another level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

the most frustrating thing is not the missing out on the marquee signing for the excitment of a new player. It's that we are only a couple of players away from having one of our best teams in years.

Giroud is going well but a pacer and perhaps (besides that glorious piece of control today) technically better player that can create a bit more with their back to goal would be such an addition.

Two good finishes by Podolski today, glad to see it.

Really do think we have a very good team in the making we just need that sprinkling of class to help push us on to another level.

Agree. I must say I have been mightily impressed with Ramsey so far he looks a totally different player to the one I watched last season.

Hmmm anyone seen Deans tweet? Being a cryptic basterd but I reckon it mean we could be making another bid for Rooney, probably about 5 million though :pac:/

Agree. I must say I have been mightily impressed with Ramsey so far he looks a totally different player to the one I watched last season.

Yeh he has really stepped up a level, I think himself Cazorla and Wilshere while still not fully back to his best has shown glimpses of what he can do, no were near past his peak as someone suggested the other day :pac:,just like Ramsey it will take time.

Arteta and I do love him I just think in some games depending on the opposition we need to have an alternative to Arteta a more powerful midfielder a Diaby vs Liverpool type.

Jesus MOTD is hard to watch, awful show.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Jesus MOTD is hard to watch, awful show.

Awful is an understatement them lot make BT and there mini pitch look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement