Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Awful is an understatement them lot make BT and there mini pitch look good.

I love the banter between Carra and Neville on Sky, decent punditry and lively. I'd rate RTE over MOTD to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FearDark wrote: »
    I love the banter between Carra and Neville on Sky, decent punditry and lively. I'd rate RTE over MOTD to be honest.

Yeh same here, like most I hated Neville as a player he was one them players you'd love to hate but as a pundit he is the best around hands down.

I'm back from New Zealand a few months and I'm greatful for any pundits at all now! Over there you're treated to just the match, some music at half time and when the final whistle goes thats your lot!

keano_afc wrote: »
    Jenkinson switched off.

Yep. to be fair also Mertsacker should have got tigher on Berbatov and Monreal was completely missing on that left back slot. Allowed a man cross under no pressure

I'm back from New Zealand a few months and I'm greatful for any pundits at all now! Over there you're treated to just the match, some music at half time and when the final whistle goes thats your lot!

To be honest apart from a panel that contains the likes of Gary Neville or Richie Sadlier i dont care much for punditry. A useless waste of time. Your story almost makes me pine for New Zealand

• Advertisement

To be honest apart from a panel that contains the likes of Gary Neville or Richie Sadlier i dont care much for punditry. A useless waste of time. Your story almost makes me pine for New Zealand

Trust me, getting up at 3am to watch the Arsenal is tough, the half time music is a hard thing to stay awake through. Oddly enough Neville and Sadlier are my two favourite pundits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not sure why that's a bad thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wanna trade? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Marca's front cover this morning says we're going after Di Maria for €30m. Must be a positive sign as this is the first I've seen of our interest in him making their front page and €30m is a fair valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wengers biggest problem (apart from getting a couple of players in)

Is getting wilshere into the team just like last year we look a better team when he is not there

Also for now I don't like the wilshere/Ramsey axis, without arteta behind

Loads to work on but the foundations of a great side are there, just need to find the right balance and sign a few players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Im a big fan of di maria when hes doing his thing he can be touch and go but he would be a great addition he is capable of anything a very gifted player.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aycuewoVo

Im a big fan of di maria when hes doing his thing he can be touch and go but he would be a great addition he is capable of anything a very gifted player.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aycuewoVo

I refuse to watch any video compilations of any players these days, I've gotten excited at the prospect of us signing far to many players this season.

6 days and counting but I reckon it will be the day before and deadline day before we hear of any signings. Hopefully they will be worth the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lads is there any official irish supporters club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Raf32 wrote: »
    Lads is there any official irish supporters club?

Loads. Depends where you're from where your nearest one will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Since he joined the Premier League, Podolski is the most clinical finisher in the division scoring with 37% of his shots.

Was someone saying theo is a better finisher in here during the week? We can ill afford to lose players of his caliber.

Ye I said that, and I still maintain it. Theo one on one is a better finisher that's what I said.

L'prof wrote: »
    Loads. Depends where you're from where your nearest one will be.

cheers ill get on to it.

Goosebumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I cant stand hearing Carragher speak. Ruins my enjoyment listen to that squawking scouser accent. While his opinions are worthwhile couldnt they just mute him and put on subtitles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wayne gooney fella on Twitter again swearing blind we have signed cesc but it has to be kept a secret from our rivals until the window closes, why do follow Twitter.

Wayne gooney fella on Twitter again swearing blind we have signed cesc but it has to be kept a secret from our rivals until the window closes, why do follow Twitter.

Twitter is ok, once you're selective about who you follow ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a disaster of a summer in the transfer market.

Why can't we just pick a part of the team and strengthen it?

I mean are we after Di Maria or are we after a left wing??

If it's the latter then pick Di Maria, Muniain and someone else. Chase all of them till we get one.

gosplan wrote: »
    What a disaster of a summer in the transfer market.

Why can't we just pick a part of the team and strengthen it?

I hope im not the only one still seriously pissed with Wenger. Despite the two 'good' results lately. A win at Fulham, we should be expected to win at Fulham. And a win at an extremely poor Fenerbache in a qualifier, if Wenger was any good at his job we woulnt need a qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Raf32 wrote: »
    Goosebumps

Wont lie, I did have tears in my eyes watching that :pac:

Wenger was any good at his job we woulnt need a qualifier.

Jesus fcuking Christ!!!!

So Wenger is no good at his job because City, Utd and Chelsea finished ahead of us.

Wow, talk about doing the guy a disservice.

gosplan wrote: »
    Jesus fcuking Christ!!!!

So Wenger is no good at his job because City, Utd and Chelsea finished ahead of us.

Wow, talk about doing the guy a disservice.

Hang on a minute. Since when is getting fourth good enough? It's all we seem to be doing for a long time now. Is part of Wengers job to buy quality players so we can compete? Well for me he is failing miserably on that front. Where are our world class players? He has seven days left to get some players in so we can compete this year. If he fails to do that there will be an almighty backlash. You may think he's doing a good job because we finished fourth, I think he did well to get fourth given the players we had and an fantastic run in BUT if he was doing his job properly in the first place we would have a better, deeper squad to WIN something.

I am not happy scraping 3rd and 4th every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah lets have this discussion again....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nobody here's happy with that.

In past seasons there have been extenuating circumstances. Agree that this summer's been a shambles.

Regardless Wenger is a top level manager. He's made a balls of this summer so far, but if he left there'd be a que for his signature.

Wont lie, I did have tears in my eyes watching that :pac:

You and me both :pac:

Hang on a minute. Since when is getting fourth good enough? It's all we seem to be doing for a long time now. Is part of Wengers job to buy quality players so we can compete? Well for me he is failing miserably on that front. Where are our world class players? He has seven days left to get some players in so we can compete this year. If he fails to do that there will be an almighty backlash. You may think he's doing a good job because we finished fourth, I think he did well to get fourth given the players we had and an fantastic run in BUT if he was doing his job properly in the first place we would have a better, deeper squad to WIN something.

So he's 'no good' at his job???

That's the bit I disagree with. It's very different from 'having fcuked up' or 'needing to improve'.

I mean how the fcuk can you start a sentence with 'IF Wenger were any good st his job ...'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I cant stand hearing Carragher speak. Ruins my enjoyment listen to that squawking scouser accent. While his opinions are worthwhile couldnt they just mute him and put on subtitles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think with a few signings we will be fighting for the title. This team isn't too far from a team capable of winning the league. So I hope to be a happy man come next Monday :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Have a feeling City will be in for a new keeper too after today!

Did you not hear he's the best keeper in the world :pac:

I bet you won't hear any crisis at Man City stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Quick get Bentner to put on some Gloves ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Looper007 wrote: »
    Did you not hear he's the best keeper in the world :pac:

I bet you won't hear any crisis at Man City stories.

To be fair, they don't have any 16 year olds on their bench, and haven't yet gone into a game with only one recognised CB available.

• Advertisement

To be fair, they don't have any 16 year olds on their bench, and haven't yet gone into a game with only one recognised CB available.

you mean like today where they played javi garcia there?

Didn't they play with only one CB today??

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you mean like today where they played javi garcia there?

Oh. Well that's me told, then. :)

Didn't they play with only one CB today??

not sure just seen the teams

pellegrini doesn't play 3 at the back though by choice, does he?

Oh. Well that's me told, then. :)

Seen as they splash millions here and there it's amazing they haven't spent 90 million on a centre back.

• Advertisement

Seen as they splash millions here and there it's amazing they haven't spent 90 million on a centre back.

for all the money them & chelsea have they've only one good LB too

not sure just seen the teams

pellegrini doesn't play 3 at the back though by choice, does he?

No, they were playing with 4 back but they seriously backed off Cardiff at the back.

No, they were playing with 4 back but they seriously backed off Cardiff at the back.

how could they play 4 at the back with 1 CB then???

so they did play garcia there?

how could they play 4 at the back with 1 CB then???

so they did play garcia there?

Well you can't play without another one :pac: Yep Garcia is a DM so they slotted him back there. He wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

They did have Nastasic on the bench, so technically they had two available.

Well you can't play with one :pac: Yep Garcia is a DM so they slotted him back there. He wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

:pac::pac::pac: i know he is

we're getting mixed up, well it's actually me

i thought you were replying to me with the Didn't they play with only one CB today?? comment

but we're saying the same thing, my bad

They did have Nastasic on the bench, so technically they had two available.

Wasn't fit would have played if he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A week left.
    Any word of when the trolley dash begins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

A week left.
    Any word of when the trolley dash begins?

Don't think there will be anything concrete until Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Don't think there will be anything concrete until Wednesday.

Why Wednesday?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement