Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Santi gave Sanogo a present but he couldn't take it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looked a great tackle from Jack there to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Aaron Ramsey might just be the best Welsh player north London has ever seen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Think Jack has been a bit better tonight but I'd still have Tet starting ahead of him on Sunday if he was available. Course Poldi is out now too so we've no choice about what team to put out anyway.

Wenger should take Santi off and save him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I think he's been great tbh.

Nope never seen it but I can only imagine what he was saying :pac:.

Super finish by Rambo!

Don't know how to put this really so if anyone wants to give a hand :D He was backing up his statement that Santi can play with both feet (fair enough, he can) by explaining how when he hits the ball, the leg he's not striking the ball with bends the same way with his good foot as with his bad. Where as usually a players leg will stay straight when using their bad foot. He showed a few replays of this and Shearer, Murphy and Linekar just seemed confused :)

Prob a fair point in its own right but the whole way it was done just seemed a bit ridiculous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

He should take off Ramsey before Madrid bid 200 mill for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Aaron Ramsey that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just take him off for god sake...Wenger is so bad at protecting his players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Dirty bastards

• Advertisement

Alvez has got away with some amount of dirty fouls.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Why isn't Alves off for that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Since RVP left we haven't had someone who can take a proper free kick. Walcott and Santi sure can't take em.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Stop hurting Jack :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sanogo looks like a big timid boy.
    These lads are out to injure our lads. Cnuts.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're kicking the crap out of Wilshire now ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Why on earth are they targeting wilshere? You're already out of the competition you twats

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They're kicking the crap out of Wilshire now ffs.

Wenger should have him off 5 mins ago.

Wilshere gets fouled so much, poor jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Absolute scum.

Every challenge these ***** make is a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I really hope no one on here is Irishgooner49 on twitter. Biggest moron on twitter. The only reason I follow him is to keep some perspective :cool:.

Dirty bassterds can fcuk off fouling Wilshere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

audman wrote: »
    Don't know how to put this really so if anyone wants to give a hand :D He was backing up his statement that Santi can play with both feet (fair enough, he can) by explaining how when he hits the ball, the leg he's not striking the ball with bends the same way with his good foot as with his bad. Where as usually a players leg will stay straight when using their bad foot. He showed a few replays of this and Shearer, Murphy and Linekar just seemed confused :)

Prob a fair point in its own right but the whole way it was done just seemed a bit ridiculous :D

Jesus fúcking christ!! :pac:

I hadn't imagined that anyways haha.

Lovely cross from Ryo and unlucky for Jenkinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Job done now sign players please!

Great now buy some fcuking players :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Good win.

Now, spend some money :-)

Buy some ****ing players.

• Advertisement

BSs797JCYAAj9uW.jpg

Now get Mata's father and agent drunk and produce the contract Arsene.

Job done, now buy some players and lets mash those Spuds!!!

Giroud 3 (2)
    Ramsey 3 (0)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

League goals in brackets.

Confirmed Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Porto & Benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Confirmed Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Porto & Benfica

No Liverpool?

No Liverpool?

Don't mention them in here, its like leaving a window open on a sunny day, before you know it theres 17 wasps in your kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Benfica in pot 1? Fair play to them. That Europa league run obviously did their coefficient no harm.

No Liverpool?

The fans don't like to mention it, but in days of yore Liverpool actually won the champions league.
    As I say though, they like to keep it quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

No Liverpool?

no suarez?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Excited now the transfer window is officially open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ye could do with Suarez tonight , I think its funny all the pool fans bashing arsenal all summer for being a sideways step and then on the same night we cruise past Fenerbache to qualify for the group stages ...

Liverpool the massive club they are let a 2-0 lead slip to the giants of Notts County :P and are now holding them at bay in extra time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Just in the door from the match. Atmosphere at the ground was dire, mixture of summer holidays and a dead tie. Podolski injury created a big groan. Jack a bigger one but lucky he got up. Madness anyone suggesting selling Podolski is a good idea. The first team is good but there is absolutely no cover. 3 players playing out of position. Sunday will be madness. I can see it kicking off big time sadly if we don't get a result; the fans mood is one of tolerance but close to a fuse.

Get the cheque book out; won't be signed for Sunday but the squad is far too thin.

Wenger: "I have heard like you that ... Juan Mata could be on the market. There is a reluctance anyway in England to sell to each other"

He is right to can't see Chelsea selling us Mata if they do Mourinho and Abromovich have lost all there marbles.

Podolski confirmed out for 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

You know, I think Sanogo could go on to be an important player for us this season. He looked really unsure of himself tonight, but there's a maturity and intelligence to his play that suggests he has something about him (his involvement in the second goal being a prime example).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wenger asked do injuries "force his hand". "Of course!" Smiles. "I cannot tell you anymore, we are in the market. All has been said."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wenger asked do injuries "force his hand". "Of course!" Smiles. "I cannot tell you anymore, we are in the market. All has been said."

Expect big things in the next 3 days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wenger gave a non-reply when asked about Juan Mata's dad apparently being in the directors' box at Arsenal tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Raf32 wrote: »

Seriously, fcuk it at this stage.

We've bid for Di Maria. Real have said yes. There's no other interest to rival us that we know of.

Letting this run to deadline day would be rediculous given the match on the weekend and the fact that Podolski's out.

Otherwise we'll go into this match starting Rosicky, Wilshire, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud with no acceptable backup for any of them.

I mean Gibbs at LW, Frimpong, Ryo at RW and Sanogo. Really unacceptable if that comes to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wenger: "I have heard like you that ... Juan Mata could be on the market. There is a reluctance anyway in England to sell to each other"

Unless we're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

gosplan wrote: »
    We've bid for Di Maria. Real have said yes.

How the hell do you know this for certain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

How the hell do you know this for certain?

I am Florentino Perez

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement