Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ozil has told Real fans at a publicity signing this afternoon that he will be staying at Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil has told Real fans at a publicity signing this afternoon that he will be staying at Real.

That along with Di maria committing as well, things look bleak and not even a murmur yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

What chance is there that we will only sign Flamini? There will be a massive back lash if thats the case and I have to say they would have no one to blame but themselves

Raf32 wrote: »
    That along with Di maria committing as well, things look bleak and not even a murmur yet.

On the plus side, Schalke have apparently confirmed to Bild that they haven't ruled out selling Draxler this summer. Not that we've been linked with him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

On the plus side, Schalke have apparently confirmed to Bild that they haven't ruled out selling Draxler this summer. Not that we've been linked with him though!

but he's CL cup tied :(

ahhhhhhhhh f**k it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

bad2dabone wrote: »
    but he's CL cup tied :(

ahhhhhhhhh f**k it.

I wouldn't give a fcuk if he's cup tied.
    He's one of the best young talents in the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Grimandi was a great servant to the club, Would hardly say he was cursed

Very true, shoulda put a disclaimer in against his name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

And Fenerbache have been booted out. Crap process, a few needless injuries that we picked up because of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I wouldn't give a fcuk if he's cup tied.
    He's one of the best young talents in the Bundesliga.

aye, he's deadly, but 45m euro for a 19 year old? I don't see us spending that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The longer this goes on the more I'm thinking that AW is waiting for one of the bigger clubs not the make it into the CL group stages and then maybe swoop for one of their players.

The news out of RM is disappointing as it looks like none of our proposed targets are leaving.

Not sure who that leaves. Could be as bad as Barry, Cabaye and Flamini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The longer this goes on the more I'm thinking that AW is waiting for one of the bigger clubs not the make it into the CL group stages and then maybe swoop for one of their players.

The news out of RM is disappointing as it looks like none of our proposed targets are leaving.

I wouldnt even be that optimistic, still think it'll only be Flamini and then a deadline day signing of Cabaye to get the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Real Madrid will ship people out to pay for the Bale deal at least one of Ozil or Di Maria will go - whether we end up with them is a different matter

Doubt it. Only big team that won't go through is Lyon. Milan should sneak past PSV. It's foolhardy to think Wenger has planned anything at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

some of you might appreciate this.

Hamburg boss Thorsten Fink on Nicklas Bendtner.

hero.
    '1st, he's too expensive. 2nd, I can't remember last time he scored'

Wouldn't make sense, the players would be cup tied.

SlickRic wrote: »
    some of you might appreciate this.

Hamburg boss Thorsten Fink on Nicklas Bendtner.

hero.

quick, someone send him this :D

jester77 wrote: »
    Wouldn't make sense, the players would be cup tied.

They wouldn't be cup tied if they were eliminated tonight.

They wouldn't be cup tied if they were eliminated tonight.

Wasn't aware of that, I thought once you played any part of CL that you were cup tied.

greendom wrote: »
    Real Madrid will ship people out to pay for the Bale deal at least one of Ozil or Di Maria will go - whether we end up with them is a different matter

As far as I know both have come out and committed to RM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Wasn't aware of that, I thought once you played any part of CL that you were cup tied.

No, any player who plays in the qualifiers is only cup tied if the team he plays for make it through to the group stages.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That'd change pretty quickly if Real tell them they're going to be on the bench at best.

Not that I really expect us to get any of them, mind you.

I doubt that will be an end to it. Do you think Van De Vaart wanted to leave Real Madrid to join Spurs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Why does everyone hate Bendtner :(

astonaidan wrote: »

Attitude stinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

1. He thinks he's as good as Messi.
    2. He's shiit.
    3. THAT chance V Barcelona in the Nou Camp.
    4. His wages.
    5. He won't move.
    6. The number "52" story.
    7. He's sort of an all round Dick.

etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

http://vimeo.com/45525786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Most fans of other clubs love him...so long as he isn't playing for them : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

They might be commited to Real Madrid but are Real Madrid commited to them is the main question ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If you're looking for a laugh, check out the #PulisQs on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    What chance is there that we will only sign Flamini? There will be a massive back lash if thats the case and I have to say they would have no one to blame but themselves

Waiting for them to come out and start spinning that they have to wait until the January window due to unforeseen circumstances. Just wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Waiting for them to come out and start spinning that they have to wait until the January window due to unforeseen circumstances. Just wait.

"Keeping our powder dry."

If we wait til January no one will want to join us. We'd be out of everything by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If we wait til January no one will want to join us. We'd be out of everything by then

Exactly - then we are told to wait until the summer where we can finally make big signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Spurs now in for Mata and Erickson SSN.

Spurs now in for Mata and Erickson SSN.

I highly doubt Maureen would give AVB the steam off his pi$$, let alone Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Villas-Boas on Mata pursuit: "Chelsea wouldn't sell to Tottenham in any way or form, as they think that we are title contenders"..............

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Flamini is signing a 3 year contract, 75k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/wenger-lived-life-ran-transfer-policy-104837804.html

absolutely brilliant.

On a more serious note, I am getting to the point where I don't think we are going to sign anybody substantial. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If that's true then that's the kind of bullshít that leaves us with over inflated wages budgets.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Other clubs are such idiots. They pay for players when we get our super super quality for free!

I'm ok with Flamini - at least I think I am. They have had him for a few weeks so I'm sure AW still thinks he can do a good job and in fairness he's better and more versatile than any of the high earners we've released. A good squad player who will definitely get game time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If the figure is true that is just under a 12 million outlay spread over 3 years, about 3.9 million per year. Not too bad for a utility player of his quality considering there is talk of Cabaye coming in for 20 million and I am sure his wages would be there abouts the same....

Also, thats the DM position sorted, kinda.

Need CB, CF and Winger.
    Di Maria and a Benzema like quality striker would be great!

75k :eek: surely a pisstake, after clearing out most of the overpaid squad members I can't believe we would pay him anywhere near 75k.

getting both Di Maria and Benzema would shut everyone up and be a great summer. If there was any chance of this happening I think AW should break the bank to make it happen. Somewhere around €50 to €60 million with 100k+ salaries. An outside chance of still affording a CB as cover.

Use this as a springboard to progression and more signings next year.

Put everyone in against Spurs and show them that they still have a long way to go before they'll worry us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Everything's too quiet for my liking.

There'd be snippets here and there if we we're making big plays; you'd see the smoke. This has me worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Sounds ironic in the non ironic sense of the word but isn't 75k less than what he wanted when he left?

I don't believe it.

Also I hear Lyon are having a fire sale, id expect an under welming signing from them.

75k :eek: surely a pisstake, after clearing out most of the overpaid squad members I can't believe we would pay him anywhere near 75k.

75k isnt too bad to be honest. I wouldn't put Flamini in the same bracket as the likes of Santos or Gervinho. I think he'll do a job for us perhaps starting with the NLD on Sunday and the £75k wont seem so bad then

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Sounds ironic in the non ironic sense of the word but isn't 75k less than what he wanted when he left?

I don't believe it.

Also I hear Lyon are having a fire sale, id expect an under welming signing from them.

Really? Jesus im surprised by that. I always thought Lyon were steady enough? They never struck me as huge spenders and they made millions on players throughout the noughties such Essien, Mamadou Diarra, etc. Whats the story there then?

• Advertisement

Really? Jesus im surprised by that. I always thought Lyon were steady enough? They never struck me as huge spenders and they made millions on players throughout the noughties such Essien, Mamadou Diarra, etc. Whats the story there then?

Chances are they won't make the group stage of the Champions League.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement