Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just did a quick calculation there based on last seasons appearances in all competitions; between long term injuries (Diaby) and what we've cleared out (Santos, Coquelin, Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci, Gervinho, Miquel), assuming a similar number of games this year, then we've 93 appearances to make up. In other words, that lot made 93 appearances between them. So we're either expecting our current players to add approx 5 appearances each (bearing in mind someone like Ramsey played 47 times last season) but adjust that for keepers etc and its probably more like 8 extra games and you're probably still reliant on a Gnabry, Zelalem or Eisfeld stepping up and making double digit appearances too.

Which is a long way of saying; sign some ****ing players AW! I will say however that I do appreciate his penchant for looking for quality that drop straight into the first XI, if he gets it. We don't need any more Santos/Park/Squillaci's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Sounds ironic in the non ironic sense of the word but isn't 75k less than what he wanted when he left?

I don't believe it.

Also I hear Lyon are having a fire sale, id expect an under welming signing from them.

Lots of people saying over the last few days that we wouldn't pay him what he wanted.

IIRC that wasn't the case. He said all along that he was going and that was it.

He got a nice signing on fee at Milan you'd imagine but that aside I don't think it was a case if their offer vrs ours.

As regards the 75k. I doubt you get any half decent free agent for much less.

greendom wrote: »
    Chances are they won't make the group stage of the Champions League.

Ah so its more a case of the players own ambitions so rather then any financial trouble Lyon might be in? i see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ah so its more a case of the players own ambitions so rather then any financial trouble Lyon might be in? i see

No its more the former. It's a huge hit for a club of Lyon's resources to miss out on the big money of the Champions League. I'm not so sure it will be a fire sale, but one or two big money moves will be required.

greendom wrote: »
    No its more the former. It's a huge hit for a club of Lyon's resources to miss out on the big money of the Champions League. I'm not so sure it will be a fire sale, but one or two big money moves will be required.

You'd have to feel for them in that situation because they are ran considerably frugally. Won 7 leagues in a row (02-08) which is fairly unprecedented in the modern day and especially within top European leagues.

Still though, Gonalons or Grenier wouldnt be bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

cson wrote: »
    Everything's too quiet for my liking.

There'd be snippets here and there if we we're making big plays; you'd see the smoke. This has me worried.

There's been smoke all summer but it's led to nothing, we'll probably sigh everyone now that it's quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Seriously, is there any actual source for the Flamini thing?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Rajesh in my local shop told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Rajesh in my local shop told me.

Dont mind Rajesh, he swore to me Benzema was a done deal.

All I could find was Palmeri again, and he's apparently spouted lots of utter crap recently, so I wouldn't think much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭G1032

According to Arseblog on Twitter there is an issue now with Flamini over wages. Why am I not surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

G1032 wrote: »
    According to Arseblog on Twitter there is an issue now with Flamini over wages. Why am I not surprised?

Good, we shouldn't be settling for arsenal and Milan rejects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Spurs have signed Lamela

Meanwhile at the emirates...

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Btw is anyone else uninspired with sanago I understand he is young, only new to the club etc but his first touch etc is woeful, could be our only signing!

Good, we shouldn't be settling for arsenal and Milan rejects.

He'd be a very good squad player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Btw is anyone else uninspired with sanago I understand he is young, only new to the club etc but his first touch etc is woeful, could be our only signing!

Too early to tell, but its a big gamble, coming from a french league 2 free agent.

He'd be a very good squad player.

Great, sorry if I'm not jumping with excitement.

So Real Madrid on the brink of signing Spurs. That's them out of the race for the top 4.

I wonder will we get Di Maria now? No chance of getting Benzema I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So Real Madrid on the brink of signing Spurs. That's them out of the race for the top 4.

I wonder will we get Di Maria now? No chance of getting Benzema I reckon.

Great so they got the whole club for the £98m, makes sense now

Soups123 wrote: »
    Great so they got the whole club for the £98m, makes sense now

Pretty much, ya.....!!

• Advertisement

Pretty much, ya.....!!

They've pulled in another quality signing today while we've got Flamini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

FFS can we wait til the window before we start with this BS again?

We need both high quality signings and squad players. Be happy we signed someone. We would all like a high quality player to be signed first but be grateful that there is some movement.

farna_boy wrote: »

We need both high quality signings and squad players. Be happy we signed someone. We would all like a high quality player to be signed first but be grateful that there is some movement.

If there were proof that we have actually signed Flamini, which there doesn't seem to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Wenger and the board have successfully blown smoke out there holes all summer anyway :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Meh. Anyone that has signed for Spurs I'm not too fussed about to be honest. Spurs are about their level.

Am, we haven't got him yet. Issue with the wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I think Wenger and the board have successfully blown smoke out there holes all summer anyway :/

I have no idea what this mixed metaphor means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Why can't we buy players before the North London derby at least?

I don't think any BS has started again. In fairness I won't be grateful we signed someone until its someone significant. I am not having a moan but being honest I'll be happy when we do.

I'm okay with Flamini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

When is the transfer window closed exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I think this sums up everybody coming here with a few pages to catch up on and find out we are no nearer to sign anybody
    :mad::(

28stzmd.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

When is the transfer window closed exactly?

Midnight this Monday.

I think if we are going to sign 2 big players they are going to be a double swoop rather than two big players from to big clubs.

I'm hoping thats why we are not getting a sniff, if there where two seperate deals going on then you would think they'd progress at different rates.

Here's hoping anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think if we are going to sign 2 big players they are going to be a double swoop rather than two big players from to big clubs.

I'm hoping thats why we are not getting a sniff, if there where two seperate deals going on then you would think they'd progress at different rates.

Here's hoping anyway

Torres plus Mata.

I'd bite your hand off.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Torres plus Mata.

I'd bite your hand off.

Seriously, explain why you'd want Torres. I really, really, really don't get it.

gosplan wrote: »
    Torres plus Mata.

I'd bite your hand off.

I'd be happy with that.

AdamD wrote: »
    Seriously, explain why you'd want Torres. I really, really, really don't get it.
    At the right price he is a player with the talent not the form. He could as easliy never produce again as he could reach that level again.

Chelsea may just not be for him, in saying that it wont happen

At the right price he is a player with the talent not the form. He could as easliy never produce again as he could reach that level again.

Chelsea may just not be for him, in saying that it wont happen

After 2 and a half years it can no longer be called bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I think this sums up everybody coming here with a few pages to catch up on and find out we are no nearer to sign anybody
    :mad::(

28stzmd.gif

Exactly twice today I logged saw a few pages got excited then boom no news. Come on Arsenal we heard a few times this window managerless clubs were holding back transfers then well no transfers. The last line of excuse dragged out was Champions League qualification now done and dusted no if buts or maybe make it happen enough is enough.

No more excuses, no more politician type answers we want players signed and holding up the jersey get it done. Enough is enough.

• Advertisement

Ah god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

5 days left and still no sign of any new players actually putting pen to paper. Its a fcukin joke in my opinion. All the real madrid players that we have been linked to have all come out and said there staying put ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sergio wrote: »
    5 days left and still no sign of any new players actually putting pen to paper. Its a fcukin joke in my opinion. All the real madrid players that we have been linked to have all come out and said there staying put ffs!

While spurs close in on another two decent signings...

Sergio wrote: »

As I said earlier just because they want to stay and lets be honest it's Real Madrid who wouldn't want to stay put, that does not mean the club want them to stay ;).

Raf32 wrote: »
    While spurs close in on another two decent signings...

Main word there being decent, I don't want decent I want top class signings. We already have loads of decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Not sure if this has been posted already but very apt from LadyArse

BSnr65yCAAAtc4k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Main word there being decent, I don't want decent I want top class signings. We already have loads of decent.

to be honest i would take anything at this stage, even numbers to just make up the bench

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

To be fair Wenger has made such a BALLS of it theres little or no chance of us picking up top class signings.

We will get Flamini and possibly Cabaye and if we're lucky some DM from the French league none of us have heard of.

I'd put flamini as top class.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'd put flamini as top class.....

Yeah he's top class alright, Milan let his contract run out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement