Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hope we get a tough group in today's draw big games every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Why won't the Flamini deal be confirmed by Arsenal :( it might only be a free but they can't be trusted :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

TheGunns wrote: »
    Why won't the Flamini deal be confirmed by Arsenal :( it might only be a free but they can't be trusted :P

Maybe they're waiting for a 'big' signing to come first before they announce it. I don't care, just do it now and have him in the squad for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

TheGunns wrote: »

Deal breaks down as Wenger thinks Flamini ain't worth a Free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I believe this week will go the Craig David song

I net this girl Monday
    took her for a drink on Tuesday
    we were making love by Wednesday and on Thursday & Friday & Saturday

we chilled on Sunday

So as you can see, Monday wenger started calling players, Tuesday he took them for drink, we know Matas father was in the stand Tuesday.

I believe the making love is in the metaphorical sense so wenger is currently making love to the players so expect signings.

Chilling on Sunday is obviously beating spurs!

At least the women are shown what it means to be winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Apparently Flamini will be 2 years at 50k which is pretty reasonable imo. Decent squad player to have.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dorgasm wrote: »
    Safe to say one of those camps is significantly bigger than the other.
    I don't know, I couldn't say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Apparently Flamini will be 2 years at 50k which is pretty reasonable imo. Decent squad player to have.

Almost exactly what I'd have done. Only difference for me was three years, exact same wage as I had in mind. Hopefully he is able to pick up where he left off with us.

• Advertisement

Fcuking stupid transfer window

Massive game on Sunday and all we talk about is transfers

I'm going for a 2-1 win

With Ramsey having paulinho in his back pocket :):)

Fcuking stupid transfer window

Massive game on Sunday and all we talk about is transfers

I'm going for a 2-1 win

With Ramsey having paulinho in his back pocket :):)

I take that now cause I'm not 100% per cent on the game. A win on Sunday and a few top signings would give us a big boost. Here's hoping.

Transfers are a big talk cause we need new players, simple as. But come Sunday our minds will be on the game.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I take that now cause I'm not 100% per cent on the game. A win on Sunday and a few top signings would give us a big boost. Here's hoping.

I think we will get both

Signings coming Monday

Be nice to shut that lot up up again

I think we will get both

Signings coming Monday

Make a statement on Sunday show the pundits and Press we mean business.
    Make those big buys then go on and win something.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Make a statement on Sunday show the pundits and Press we mean business.
    Make those big buys then go on and win something.

Think we need the wilshere/Ramsey axis to work

There still a bit hot and cold at the moment if that works and kos back

I'm really really confident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Think we need the wilshere/Ramsey axis to work

There still a bit hot and cold at the moment if that works and kos back

I'm really really confident

Me too. Ive watched both of spurs PL matches and I havent been too impressed. Like us they are very vulnerable on the counter which is something we have been great at doing so far this year. New players bedding in too might not be ready for a NLD either.

• Advertisement

I think we will get both

Signings coming Monday

*Puts hand up*

What about signings before Sunday?

....So that it's easier to win the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We will beat Spurs 2 -- 0. Price 9/1. Money for jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Much more confident this year about beating spurs head-to-head.
    They’re still settling in with each other, 4 lads up for their first NLD, no balepanzee.

Unless we buy though we stand a very good chance of finishing below them in the league.

How will I explain that to my kids!?? :)

Very interesting piece from John Cross in the Mirror today. Goes into the enigma that is Dick Law etc.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-arsene-wengers-reputation-2235136

*Puts hand up*

What about signings before Sunday?

....So that it's easier to win the game?

I would have liked it too but they probably wouldn't have featured at this stage anyway

Fcuking love NLD derbies

Bulling I won't be over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think we will get both

Signings coming Monday

I really hope signings will come before then if not the Emirates could be a very hostile place which won't be good for the team.

DarrenArsenal and GeoffArsenal have both said today the club is in talks about a few players. Heres hoping were not lowballing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very interesting piece from John Cross in the Mirror today. Goes into the enigma that is Dick Law etc.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-arsene-wengers-reputation-2235136

Much the same as I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

"People who know Law will argue that every decision has to be checked with Wenger anyway so it's the manager to blame. It's not unusual for Law to break off from meetings to ring the manager to check.
    Law had one big world class deal done, agreed and rang Wenger only to be told he'd had a change of heart. That's the way it works"

Higuain???

We will beat Spurs 2 -- 0. Price 9/1. Money for jam.

I just put a fiver on Arsenal to win 3-1 at 13/1 here's hoping :).

Bid stories, if anyone's interested:

Le10Sport say we have bid £10m for defensive midfielder Josuha Guilavogui of St Etienne.
    Goal.com say that we bid £25.6m for Di Maria on Tuesday night and Real have asked us to wait for the Bale deal to conclude first.

There could be nothing in either but maybe, just maybe, we have located our finger and are currently pulling it out of our arse.

wonga77 wrote: »
    "People who know Law will argue that every decision has to be checked with Wenger anyway so it's the manager to blame. It's not unusual for Law to break off from meetings to ring the manager to check.
    Law had one big world class deal done, agreed and rang Wenger only to be told he'd had a change of heart. That's the way it works"

Higuain???

AFCCamden just tweeted that paragraph is the truth, which I think is why he for the first time has been turning against Wenger unless he pulls something out of the bag before the deadline. With Adam Arsenal backing him up on this.

Podolski out for 8 to 10 weeks :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

AFCCamden just tweeted that paragraph is the truth, which I think is why he for the first time has been turning against Wenger unless he pulls something out of the bag before the deadline.

Yeah he said something a week back about a transfer being screwed up by wenger and it had changed his mind on wenger. Guardiola's brother, suarez's agent i blame for this. I reckon the idiot thought the 40M was concrete and ring us up and wenger and co fell for it like an idiot. Bad bad gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Podolski out for 8 to 10 weeks :(.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wilshere and Ramsey back for Sunday.

Big blow about Podolski - really need some players brought in to ensure the campaign isn't over before its begun

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Source?

It's all over twitter SSN news even tweeting it. Wenger is meant to have confirmed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I just put a fiver on Arsenal to win 3-1 at 13/1 here's hoping :).

Nah, 5-2 yet again :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Laughing stock. Dress it up anyway you like with potential signings or what have you. We're a joke. Savour this year if Wenger is your bag because this will be his last year.

Desperately need to sign Di Maria then.

What a laughing stock. If Giroud picks up a knock we're left with Sanogo and Park/Bendtner for the forseeable future.

Desperately need to sign Di Maria then.

And a striker. Di Maria alone can't be our sole cover for being without Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gervinho.

And a striker. Di Maria alone can't be our sole cover for being without Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gervinho.
    Oh I agree. Just at the start of the window I would have considered a winger/attacking mid to be a nice-to-have after a striker and central midfielder; now it’s a necessity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What a laughing stock. If Giroud picks up a knock we're left with Sanogo and Park/Bendtner for the forseeable future.

"Dont forget we have Theo, who can play there also" /Wenger accent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If we loose on Sunday and we don't buy smart on Monday expect Wengers head to roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

FearDark wrote: »
    If we loose on Sunday and we don't buy smart on Monday expect Wengers head to roll.

We've heard that regarding many things before, e.g. if van Persie goes to Man U expect Wenger's head to roll. It hasn't happened before. It won't happen on Monday, regardless of the result on Sunday or whether players have been signed.

I'm not saying you have to be happy with that. But that is the way it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

After reading this thread all summer I now understand what Drew Barrymore went through in that film 50 First Dates.

Everyone around her playing out the same old day everyday

We've heard that regarding many things before, e.g. if van Persie goes to Man U expect Wenger's head to roll. It hasn't happened before. It won't happen on Monday, regardless of the result on Sunday or whether players have been signed.

I'm not saying you have to be happy with that. But that is the way it will be.

Wenger controls the club and is bigger than the club at this point. If he wants to renew his contract, it will be his decision, just as every part of player recruitment is somehow his decision too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Soups123 wrote: »
    After reading this thread all summer I now understand what Drew Barrymore went through in that film 50 First Dates.

Totally agree. We're all frustrated but I just don't understand how people can basically keep writing the same things over and over again.

Soups123 wrote: »

Well in fairness there a lot of anger and its been all fairly relevant to Arsenal ;), no doubt this thread will quieten down a lot once the window shuts and the dust settles.

Or we could talk about the weather to appease you :p.

@JamesOlley of the London Evening Standard says we have enquired about Fabio Quagliarella. 30-year-old who is the fifth-best striker at Juve, has scored 20 goals in all competitions only once in his career. That guy.

• Advertisement

Don't be brainwashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Think it's time to check out of this thread again. The over-exaggeration is back in force.

Don't be brainwashed.

According to Tor-Kristian Karlsen, Quagliarella was turned down by Norwich last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

"these players will be back. they are not our for the entire season" - wenger :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Think it's time to check out of this thread again. The over-exaggeration is back in force.
    This thread has gone to the dogs I'm out etc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement