Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Are we there yet......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

@JamesOlley of the London Evening Standard says we have enquired about Fabio Quagliarella. 30-year-old who is the fifth-best striker at Juve, has scored 20 goals in all competitions only once in his career. That guy.

Yes. I heard he's been dubbed "the new Bendtner" :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yes. I heard he's been dubbed "the new Bendtner" :D:D
    It has now emerged that Bundesliga side Hamburg were offered the chance to sign the Denmark international too.

However Hamburg manager Fink explained he had turned down Bendtner, because, “first - he's too expensive, second – I can't remember the last time he scored”.
    I could read that all day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I tried to get a debate going on the NLD derby

Nope, we would rather talk about doom and gloom and transfers

Packs up stuff to head to another thread to try talk football

See ye on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Well in fairness there a lot of anger and its been all fairly relevant to Arsenal ;), no doubt this thread will quieten down a lot once the window shuts and the dust settles.

Or we could talk about the weather to appease you :p.

I know only too well, I'm more disappointed than angry TBH. I come in here to talk about Arsenal not the weather my point was simply we are reliving the same day since mid June. We all now the problem, the flaws we are all disapointed but some people really do type the same post over and over and over and over again, it doesnt change ought and at this stage I think we all now each others opinions. I'm just going to sit and wait until Monday and I'll either be delighted, meh or really disapointed. I won't be angry because this is only football and there are too many more important things in life.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I know only too well, I'm more disappointed than angry TBH. I come in here to talk about Arsenal not the weather my point was simply we are reliving the same day since mid June. We all now the problem, the flaws we are all disapointed but some people really do type the same post over and over and over and over again, it doesnt change ought and at this stage I think we all now each others opinions. I'm just going to sit and wait until Monday and I'll either be delighted, meh or really disapointed. I won't be angry because this is only football and there are too many more important things in life.

Great post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Soups123 wrote: »

I know I was only trying to be a bit lighthearted a lot of people in here today are being a bit over sensitive with there im out of here talk ;).

Of coarse there are more important things in life to be angry about some people wear there heart on there sleeves others are more passionaite than others it doesn't mean either side of the coin is wrong though in the way they express it or if they get angry over something as trivial as football either ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is nikki B even training with the first team nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Podolski hamstring out for 8 weeks. Ox out of 2 months. Ramsey had a groin twinge and Wilshere shifted some knocks on the ankle the other night. Given its a WC year I dont see any player rushing himself back and risking a possible World Cup place next summer in Brazil .
    Id still like to see Wenger pick up some PL players, physically strong and able to take some of the playing time from the main sqaud members. Fergie was never too snobby to pick up someone elses PL castoffs and give them a run for awhile.
    Arsenals high tempo high possesion game exposes players to more risk of injury.

Anyone know how many Ligue 1 players Wenger has bought in the last 7 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2-1 to Arsenal this weekend.

Would love nothing more than to smack sp**s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Podolski hamstring out for 8 weeks. Ox out of 2 months. Ramsey had a groin twinge and Wilshere shifted some knocks on the ankle the other night. Given its a WC year I dont see any player rushing himself back and risking a possible World Cup place next summer in Brazil .
    Id still like to see Wenger pick up some PL players, physically strong and able to take some of the playing time from the main sqaud members. Fergie was never too snobby to pick up someone elses PL castoffs and give them a run for awhile.
    Arsenals high tempo high possesion game exposes players to more risk of injury.

Anyone know how many Ligue 1 players Wenger has bought in the last 7 years?

Sanogo
    Giroud
    Gervinho
    Park Chu Young
    Chamakh
    Koscienly
    Nasri
    Sagna

8 in 7 years. Not as many as people would like you to think..

We linked to anyone new over the last 24 hours? Lyon knocked out of CL so expecting links from the papers at least

Don't forget the mighty Coquelin!

AdamD wrote: »

We linked to anyone new over the last 24 hours? Lyon knocked out of CL so expecting links from the papers at least

Two bits of so called news one outward bound fingers crossed, do almost forget he is still an Arsenal player

Jamie Sanderson ‏@Sanderson 1h French media say Arsenal have allowed Park Chu-Young to speak to Saint Étienne over a transfer. Nominal fee.

and this has been floating around

Arsenal have submitted a bid of £8.5m to Saint-Étienne for 22-year old holding midfielder Josuha Guilavogui

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

so it's Gibbs and Monreal on the left V Spurs?

Gibbs is good going forward. We'll be ok.

Or maybe he'll put Santi out there? I'd leave santi in the middle he's playing deliciously.

I miss you Poldi.

Santi on the left, Rosicky, Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle. No choice really.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evening Standard saying Wenger has told Fabianski and Scez they'll be battling out for number 1 this season so we definitely won't be signing a goalkeeper.

I'm perfectly ok with that as long as it means they're concentrating on strengthening other areas of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I tried to get a debate going on the NLD derby

Nope, we would rather talk about doom and gloom and transfers

Packs up stuff to head to another thread to try talk football

See ye on the other side

When you think about it, it is absolutely ridiculous that the transfer window is open when the season has started, I think they should close the window the day before the season kicks off.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Evening Standard saying Wenger has told Fabianski and Scez they'll be battling out for number 1 this season so we definitely won't be signing a goalkeeper.

I'm perfectly ok with that as long as it means they're concentrating on strengthening other areas of the team.

That's just madness, once again he's abusing one of the most important positions in the team. Those 2 lad's aren't good enough to be number 1 at Arsenal yet there too rash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That's just madness, once again he's abusing one of the most important positions in the team. Those 2 lad's aren't good enough to be number 1 at Arsenal yet there too rash.

I trust Scez, it almost looks like he can concentrate for a full 90 minutes. He has made some outstanding saves already this season, I think this will be his season.

Fabianski on the other hand I dont trust, at all.

• Advertisement

Santi on the left, Rosicky, Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle. No choice really.

Replacements if injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Replacements if injured?

Nah.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gringo180 wrote: »

Scez has been good so far apart from the howler against Villa and should continue to improve. Fabianski was solid when he was called upon last season. Some real competition for Scez would be good but I really think a CB, CM, CF and another wide player are all much more pressing issues at the moment.

Nah.

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Replacements if injured?

Nope but it'll sort out the transfers when they're back, they'll be like new signings.

I hope I am proved wrong about Chesney but I just feel in my heart that he will cost us goals, if he could just sort out the mental side to his game he would be a very accomplished keeper, but I think that will come with experience that is why Cesar should of been brought in, give him 2 years as number 1 and let Woj learn his trade in the reserves or out on loan as it would do him the world of good, its big pressure on young shoulders being first choice keeper at a top club I just hope it doesn't ruin him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Replacements if injured?

Replacements!! Pift! who needs em
    If Wenger gets into the CL with half a squad this season he's goina try it with no subs next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Scez is better off being no.2 atm. he has made a few good saves so far but was at the CL game the other day and he doesn't instill confidence.

He is not committing himself when making a decision and is hesitant. Prime example was when he went for the ball and didn't get it. He should have barged through or stay put. Second was he came for a ball in the second half and stop half way out. Fenerbache hit the crossbar (for the second time). if that was on target, Scez wouldn't have been in the proper position.

Also, did anyone else think Nacho looked shaky and very unfit on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

sack wenger?

Hon flamini :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Straight onto the bench for Sunday I'd imagine.

Yeap.

Well it's a start. A late one, but a start.

Will he get in ahead of Rosicky on sunday with Jack and Ramsey playing ahead of him?

At least he's been training with the squad all summer so he won't have to do much settling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

no just no.

piss off flamini. seriously piss off. crap signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Fabio Quagliarella being linked with a move to Arsenal. Juve keen to sell.

no just no.

Relax, he won't be the only player we sign in the next four days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Good squad addition nobody can deny that. The hysteria and teeth gnashing over this one is uncalled for but I understand its a product of the general inactivity. If Flamini was added as the last signing of 4 or 5 people would be delighted. Don't get me wrong though, i'm as pissed off as anyone with the hatchet job this summer has been so far. I don't expect it to change either.

Good signing, no problems with it. He's versatile and quality, and at 29 he's ideal.

Happy with adding players of proven quality to the club.

I hope to see him against the spuds and hopefully he'll get a decent welcome.

In fairness, we desperately needed another CM. I was just hoping the addition would be more of the Bender variety.

Could probably still sign another though, depending on where Wenger plans on using Wilshere this season.

no just no.

free versatile squad member in a paper thin squad. it was a no-brainer.

• Advertisement

So Flamini is the DM we were getting.

Riiiiight. Showing some real ambition there Arsene signing someone who LEFT US five years ago.

**** off

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Relax, he won't be the only player we sign in the next four days.

One more I would imagine.

FearDark wrote: »
    So Flamini is the DM we were getting.

Riiiiight. Showing some real ambition there Arsene signing someone who LEFT US five years ago.

**** off

BUT he has cost nothing. The shareholders will be delighted.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

no just no.

Brings solidity to the midfield, can cover at full-back - ideal squad signing we need plenty more but its a (very late) start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Why can't people just wait and see how Flamini contributes to the team this season and beyond before castigating both him and Wenger??

Of coarse there keen to sell he's shiite. Don't believe it at least hope it not true
    greendom wrote: »
    Brings solidity to the midfield, can cover at full-back - ideal squad signing we need plenty more but its a (very late) start.

Exactly I have no problem with Flamini can cover full back and midfield perfect squad player to be honest. and to those that say he is a Milan reject they offered him a new contract and he made 22 appearances for Milan last season.

Now of coarse we need more players but its a start.

While I welcome Flamini as a squad addition we desperately need a part of me says this guy walked out on us once, fuuck him.

Paleface wrote: »
    Why can't people just wait and see how Flamini contributes to the team this season and beyond before castigating both him and Wenger??

Because unfortunately there is more than one of Piers Morgan's kind following Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsene Wenger following the signing of Flamini - "We are in a position where [we] want some more players"

and in response to a question this morning, geoff said this if they were trying to get someone in before flamini
    Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 4h
    @AFCREST not sure, they are working hard on 3 other deals i was told this morning.

Wheels are moving hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is he "better than what we have"? Is he f*ck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement