Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

Found a brilliant new Youtube channel for all you fellow Gooners

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnHyGxUM4HA5vGD0dxgCOA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I am going to donate my birthday money i receive today to wenger so he can buy some proper players

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I am going to donate my birthday money i receive today to wenger so he can buy some proper players
    Is your dad Bill Gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

FearDark wrote: »
    While I welcome Flamini as a squad addition we desperately need a part of me says this guy walked out on us once, fuuck him.

Of course as fans we love the club but players see clubs as employers. If you had a contract with your employer and it was running out, a competitor offered you a higher wage and your current employer wasn’t prepared to match it, you might consider the move. Especially to a city like Milan. For a club like AC. Especially when you’re half Italian. And you were getting a nice signing bonus.
    So he did his time there and wanted to come back to play for us, we need cover for midfield and fullback, and his wages are reasonable, from 40 to 50k a week.

No probs.

(but I wouldn’t welcome back RvP, or Nasri!)
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »
    Is he "better than what we have"? Is he f*ck.

This just has to be agent bs - it really does. I can see no other reason why we'd be linked with a 30 year old never was

• Advertisement

Is your dad Bill Gates?

No but i bet every single person here has outspent arsenal this transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why are people so annoyed at Flamini resigning? Surely everyone has known this was gonna happen for the last few weeks...

wonga77 wrote: »
    Why are people so annoyed at Flamini resigning? Surely everyone has known this was gonna happen for the last few weeks...

And if you bothered to read from that point on we was annoyed then and we are annoyed now.

piss off flamini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

keano_afc wrote: »
    Is he "better than what we have"? Is he f*ck.

By all accounts Quag has been hawked around the premier league this summer and hasnt had any takers. Sunderland, Norwich & WH were all said to be interested in him at one point and passed. If this is the best we can hope to get them Wenger should just pack his bags and walk now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Flamini is a very shrewd signing, very good battler with a great heart and has been said already he can be deployed at right and left back.

I feel we are at a critical stage in Wengers managerial career at Arsenal so lets hope he doesn't sign his own death warrant as I feel the majority of fans will turn on him if he doesn't bring in some players that can come into the starting XI and improve the overall quality in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Flamini is a very shrewd signing, very good battler with a great heart and has been said already he can be deployed at right and left back.

Question is, if he's so good, why has he only been snapped up now, towards the end of the window. Surely someone would'be picked him up on a bossman at the start of the window. He's versatile which is good, but with our so called new financial power it's a surprising signing, then again maybe not.

Question is, if he's so good, why has he only been snapped up now, towards the end of the window. Surely someone would'be picked him up on a bossman at the start of the window. He's versatile which is good, but with our so called new financial power it's a surprising signing, then again maybe not.

I'm thinking maybe he wanted to come back and that's why he has been back training with us to prove to Wenger he is still good enough to play at the highest level, so with us signing him he has obviously showed himself to be very capable in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger has balls the way he is playing this transfer window

Lets see if it pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We were obviously working on it over the summer, duh.

its obvious why.

because his crap and wenger and all that need to get the sack now.

what we waiting for? till we finish outside of the top 4?

Its not as if it was just last year we did not win a trophy, or as if we even competed for any honours last year. ITS been nearly 10 freaking years!

how anyone can still support and back wenger and the board is VERY bizzare.

Im not one of those fickle or fanboy wenger fans out there who will get all excited and pretend nothing happens whenever we beat a **** team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arrogance more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

its obvious why.

because his crap and wenger and all that need to get the sack now.

what we waiting for? till we finish outside of the top 4?

Its not as if it was just last year we did not win a trophy, or as if we even competed for any honours last year. ITS been nearly 10 freaking years!

how anyone can still support and back wenger and the board is VERY bizzare.

I love you jonney

I am still hopeful that we will bring in 2 or 3 more players but its just ridiculous that we couldn't of had the deals done in time for Sunday. We are going to have a shockingly weak bench for what's arguably the most important NLD in years.

So everyones cool with wenger now we won 3 games in a row? lol get real because im still not cool with wenger. The day he finaly pisses off is the day i wil celebrate as if we won a trophy.

Thats how bad i want wenger out.

His had nearly 10 years for crying out loud!! 10 years so dont you go calling me a fickle fan.

Mans lost it big time. Even if we beat spurs on sunday i still want him out.

THE absolute only way i would ever change my view is if we can compete for the title for a few years in a row and win a trophy or two.

anything less then that and i want him off.

dont care if we beat spurs 20:0. i stil want wenger gone for good.

Mind u, if spurs game was a cup final or a league title decider then it would make me change my views just a tad bit but its not. its just a league game, our 3rd league game only with not much bearing to the season besides bragging rights.

And what does bragging rights win you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am still hopeful that we will bring in 2 or 3 more players but its just ridiculous that we couldn't of had the deals done in time for Sunday. We are going to have a shockingly weak bench for what's arguably the most important NLD in years.

Who is at fault for that I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

the most important NLD in years.

It's the third game of the season :confused:

Wenger. As much as I still think he can re-deliver success back to the club, he really doesn't help himself at times. I think becoming an Arsenal fan should come with a health warning these days :o

To some people, not wenger. Wenger cant do wrong. people are happy if we go another 10 years of crap.

maximoose wrote: »
    It's the third game of the season :confused:

And what? With Spurs wining there first 2 games, a win on Sunday on our turf would give them such an injection of confidence and do the opposite to our morale. It really is a massive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac::pac::pac: have to love a good rant just for the sake of ranting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I don't want Wenger out if we loose on Sunday.
    I want him out if he doesn't assemble a team capable of WINNING things by Tuesday morning. He's had long enough, 10 years since we won a Premier League, and eight years since we came second!!! We're not even close.

And what? With Spurs wining there first 2 games, a win on Sunday on our turf would give them such an injection of confidence and do the opposite to our morale. It really is a massive game.

Not really. Season barely started ffs :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

To some people, not wenger. Wenger cant do wrong. people are happy if we go another 10 years of crap.

Find one poster who's never complained about or doubted Wenger on here. Go on.

Not really. Season barely started ffs :rolleyes:

You cant win the league in your first few games, but you can lose it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wonder who Spurs will get in this draw? oh wait ...:pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Find one poster who's never complained about or doubted Wenger on here. Go on.
    u ;)
    You cant win the league in your first few games, but you can lose it ;)

Like how United lost there first game last year but still won the league with like 4 games left to play?
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Wonder who Spurs will get in this draw? oh wait ...:pac:
    wonder when arsenal will win a trophy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Raf32 wrote: »
    @AFCREST not sure, they are working hard on 3 other deals i was told this morning.

Wheels are moving hopefully.

Kim-Jong-un.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

u ;)

Winking won't make it true I'm afraid.

Winking won't make it true I'm afraid.

So u do want wenger out?

So u do want wenger out?

Not right now, but then it's not really as black and white as you seem to think. Either way I'm not sure what it matters if I want Wenger out. You suggested I think wenger "can do no wrong" and have never criticised him on here, which is factually inaccurate.

Complaining about or doubting Wenger is not the same as wanting him sacked all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So everyones cool with wenger now we won 3 games in a row? lol get real because im still not cool with wenger. The day he finaly pisses off is the day i wil celebrate as if we won a trophy.

His had nearly 10 years for crying out loud!! 10 years so dont you go calling me a fickle fan.

THE absolute only way i would ever change my view is if we can compete for the title for a few years in a row and win a trophy or two.

Mind u, if spurs game was a cup final or a league title decider then it would make me change my views just a tad bit but its not. its just a league game, our 3rd league game only with not much bearing to the season besides bragging rights.

So what will you do if we go and win a trophy with wenger in charge?

Will you still want him to be sacked? Will you be able to celebrate?

Personally I’ve a lot of affection for Wenger, he’s been the manager for most of my life and I only really became an obsessive arsenal fan back in 98.
    I want him to succeed because I want the club to succeed and, until this summer, I was like “once we can afford it we can get back on top!”

However he’s really really not helped himself so far and my stock of goodwill has dwindled away. IF we don’t make some really good signings by end of window I’ll be disgusted – as I’m sure will all of you.
    Up until then I’m going to do a Gazidis and keep my powder dry.

Not right now, but then it's not really as black and white as you seem to think. Either way I'm not sure what it matters if I want Wenger out. You suggested I think wenger "can do no wrong" and have never criticised him on here, which is factually inaccurate.

Complaining about or doubting Wenger is not the same as wanting him sacked all the time.

It is as simple as black and white. you either want him sacked or you dont. That is what my previous posts where all about. How anyone can still not want him to be sacked after 10 years of nothing.

So i stand by what i said, Wenger cant do wrong in your eyes and some and doesnt matter as you and others will never call for his head.

So what will you do if we go and win a trophy with wenger in charge?

Will you still want him to be sacked? Will you be able to celebrate?

Did u not read my post?

i said if we compete for titles for the next few years and win a trophy or two, then i would change my mind.

Are we even close to that happening now? Nope.

Like i said, its been nearly 10 years 10 YEARS!!!!! i repeat for all those that cant read, 10 blooming years. not 10 days, or 10 weeks or even 10 months but YEARS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I enjoy your balanced and intelligent posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It is as simple as black and white. you either want him sacked or you dont. That is what my previous posts where all about. How anyone can still not want him to be sacked after 10 years of nothing.

So i stand by what i said, Wenger cant do wrong in your eyes and some and doesnt matter as you and others will never call for his head.

Dribble dribble dribble wipe your mouth off because your talking shiite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

How anyone can still not want him to be sacked after 10 years of nothing.

10 years of nothing? Since 2003 two FA Cup wins, a season unbeaten winning the league, 49 game unbeaten run, our first champions league final,two league cup finals, champions league football every year and helped us move to the best stadium in the league, ya your right nothing in the last ten years!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think some people need to be more realistic about what Arsenal have achieved over those 10 yrs.

Sometimes it's not only about trophies, it's about the future of the club and the well-being of the club.

That's not to say that long trophy-less years are easy to bear but winning trophies and qualifying for the CL is not easy.

For me the last 10 years are a mute point. My disappointment is fully focused on the failings of this summer - a transfer window that initially brought so much potential to final turn the corner and start reaping the rewards of the last years of building the club.

Some people around here are happy with winning nothing it seems.

Any other team, he would be sacked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

As you obviously have forgotten - Arsenal is not just some other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

j14 wrote: »
    Flamini has been training with us to keep up his fitness I wonder will Wenger bring him back.

He's 29 so still a decent age and could be a decent utility player for the squad.

He's a free agent this summer after his contract ended with AC.

Heh...guess I was right.

Now to try again...see Messi is training with us to keep up his fitness levels :D:D:D

Dude,

Nobody here is happy with winning nothing!
    Nobody here is happy that every other teams fans slag us off for having not won anything in 8 years.
    Everyone here desperately wants a trophy and glory for the team.

BUT

Even though we have not won anything we can take SOME comfort from the fact that the club has built an infrastructure over the past few years that WILL serve the club for the future, regardless of who is the manager.

In fact its because we have the infrastructure in place and are now reaping the benefits with 160+million in the bank that we’re all going so mad this season that we’ve not spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wonder who'll we'll get in the CL this year. Some decent teams in pot 3 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Alternatively... any other manager and Arsenal could have gone to the wall 2-3 years ago at the peak of the financial crises. A lot more went on behind the scenes in the last few seasons than people realize that weaker managers would not have been able to come through.

I'm not saying he's the right man to bring us forward. But he has consistently beaten the odds on and off the pitch the last few seasons to keep us where we are and now looks to be in a position where we have a small but stable squad with good quality in there that's improving all the time.

A lot can happen in football. I wouldn't write Wenger off yet.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Dude,

Nobody here is happy with winning nothing!
    Nobody here is happy that every other teams fans slag us off for having not won anything in 8 years.
    Everyone here desperately wants a trophy and glory for the team.

BUT

Even though we have not won anything we can take SOME comfort from the fact that the club has built an infrastructure over the past few years that WILL serve the club for the future, regardless of who is the manager.

In fact its because we have the infrastructure in place and are now reaping the benefits with 160+million in the bank that we’re all going so mad this season that we’ve not spent.

You are dead right, its sheer frustration that's getting the better of me these last few weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement