Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It is as simple as black and white. you either want him sacked or you dont. That is what my previous posts where all about. How anyone can still not want him to be sacked after 10 years of nothing.

So i stand by what i said, Wenger cant do wrong in your eyes and some and doesnt matter as you and others will never call for his head.

It's not black and white though.

Sometimes I have thought maybe he should go sometimes I've thought he shouldn't. At the moment I'm baffled by his conduct in the transfer window this summer and if we have nothing to show for it come monday night I don't really want to see him sign a new contract to be honest. I have criticised his unwillingness to strengthen the team each year for years, i've criticised the tactics he employs, his tendency to play players out of position, how soft the team are sometimes, the lack of a "Plan B".

He quite literally does wrong in my eyes on a regular basis. Is that too complicated for you to understand or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Personally I’ve a lot of affection for Wenger, he’s been the manager for most of my life and I only really became an obsessive arsenal fan back in 98.
    I want him to succeed because I want the club to succeed and, until this summer, I was like “once we can afford it we can get back on top!”

However he’s really really not helped himself so far and my stock of goodwill has dwindled away. IF we don’t make some really good signings by end of window I’ll be disgusted – as I’m sure will all of you.
    Up until then I’m going to do a Gazidis and keep my powder dry.

This. Well, replace 98 with 2001, perhaps. But all the rest of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Dude,

Nobody here is happy with winning nothing!
    Nobody here is happy that every other teams fans slag us off for having not won anything in 8 years.
    Everyone here desperately wants a trophy and glory for the team.

BUT

Even though we have not won anything we can take SOME comfort from the fact that the club has built an infrastructure over the past few years that WILL serve the club for the future, regardless of who is the manager.

In fact its because we have the infrastructure in place and are now reaping the benefits with 160+million in the bank that we’re all going so mad this season that we’ve not spent.

the bolded bit is Arsenal's saving grace really. they do need to work on their playing personnel though to give themselves realistic hopes of contending for the title/top 4 spots given the investment by Utd/Spurs/Man City/Chelsea in recent seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

jonny666 wrote: »
    Wonder who'll we'll get in the CL this year. Some decent teams in pot 3 and 4

do not want sociedad at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

FearDark wrote: »
    Some people around here are happy with winning nothing it seems.

Any other team, he would be sacked.

No, just some people realise that as much as we, as fans, want trophies and to win all the time sometimes you've gotta consider the bigger picture.

Before this summer, its been obvious we've been financially shackled by the stadium. We've had less resources and so in all honesty our squad hasn't been close to the quality of Utd and Chelsea and more recently City. To complain about not finishing above those teams is really not being objective about it.

I hear the "we are Arsenal though" crap, as if because we have a great history we should be by right be challenging for league titles every year. We need to get real. Modern success is directly correlated with what you can spend and over the past several years we haven't been afforded that luxury. Blaming Wenger for that is ridiculous.

We now have the most sustainable and secure club in the country arguably and have all the resources in place to achieve long-term success.

I can get on board with people giving out about the lack of transfer activity this summer but to slate Wenger for what he's done over the last ten years?? Absolutle joke.

I hate to say this because it makes me sound like a condescending pr*ck but some people really don't have a clue about how football works.

Sorry if this has been posted already but Flamster announced as number 20

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/373082620654923776/photo/1

Any latest on the draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

danlen wrote: »
    No, just some people realise that as much as we, as fans, want trophies and to win all the time sometimes you've gotta consider the bigger picture.

Before this summer, its been obvious we've been financially shackled by the stadium. We've had less resources and so in all honesty our squad hasn't been close to the quality of Utd and Chelsea and more recently City. To complain about not finishing above those teams is really not being objective about it.

I hear the "we are Arsenal though" crap, as if because we have a great history we should be by right be challenging for league titles every year. We need to get real. Modern success is directly correlated with what you can spend and over the past several years we haven't been afforded that luxury. Blaming Wenger for that is ridiculous.

We now have the most sustainable and secure club in the country arguably and have all the resources in place to achieve long-term success.

I can get on board with people giving out about the lack of transfer activity this summer but to slate Wenger for what he's done over the last ten years?? Absolutle joke.

I hate to say this because it makes me sound like a condescending pr*ck but some people really don't have a clue about how football works.

Agree with you in general BUT what happened this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It is as simple as black and white. you either want him sacked or you dont. That is what my previous posts where all about. How anyone can still not want him to be sacked after 10 years of nothing.

So i stand by what i said, Wenger cant do wrong in your eyes and some and doesnt matter as you and others will never call for his head.

Stop painting yourself as rational.

You're being totally nuts and not listening to anything other people are saying.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Agree with you in general BUT what happened this summer?

I think we can all agree the summer's been a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wenger has been spending fourth to get us fourth for the last couple of years. Which is okay, as long as you don't factor in our performance in cup competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sorry if this has been posted already but Flamster announced as number 20

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/373082620654923776/photo/1

Any latest on the draw?

Nothing yet Sky doing there usual coverage started at 4 all they have done is waffle away making a spectacle out of something that it really shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yes and it's them versus you.

I think you should start making your points before they win the argument.

Nothing yet Sky doing there usual coverage started at 4 all they have done is waffle away making a spectacle out of something that it really shouldn't.

Those UEFA heads are highly irritating. There surely must be an easier faster way of drawing all the names out of a hat without all the rigmarole that goes with it?

Those UEFA heads are highly irritating. There surely must be an easier faster way of drawing all the names out of a hat without all the rigmarole that goes with it?

You would hope so but no UEFA now showing a highlight reel of last year Champions League run to the final.

Get on with it.

You would hope so but no UEFA now showing a highlight reel of last year Champions League run to the final.

Get on with it.

They're talking about how pretty the trophy is now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

anyone older they could of got?

actually - I'd love one of those wafers that they are always talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Raf32 wrote: »
    10 years of nothing? Since 2003 two FA Cup wins, a season unbeaten winning the league, 49 game unbeaten run, our first champions league final,two league cup finals, champions league football every year and helped us move to the best stadium in the league, ya your right nothing in the last ten years!

well 8 years of nothing to be precise. Last 8 years how many times have we competed for the title? How many trophies we won? How many of our top players left us for glory?

yada yada you sound just like another arsenal fan who is happy for our club to coast along and not bothered about winning or becoming a top side again

exactly.

Some just dont mind arsenal just coasting in the top 4. They are happy with that and nothing else.

so Jonney, who would you have in his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Some just dont mind arsenal just coasting in the top 4. They are happy with that and nothing else.

No one is happy with 4th.

But some of us would prefer us not to gamble the future of the club to attain it (like Leed's did). Or becoming a billionaire's play thing (worked ok for City so far, but look at Malaga or B'burn to see how badly it can go wrong).

• Advertisement

Well, we're first out.

Hooray. We came first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Yay we came first in something!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

well 8 years of nothing to be precise. Last 8 years how many times have we competed for the title? How many trophies we won? How many of our top players left us for glory?

yada yada you sound just like another arsenal fan who is happy for our club to coast along and not bothered about winning or becoming a top side again

exactly.

Some just dont mind arsenal just coasting in the top 4. They are happy with that and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Find me one fan in here who thinks this and I'll walk away. Posting sh*t is one thing posting lies is another

Jasus you could hear a penny drop there the banter was so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Holy jaysus embarrassing stuff, poor fecker cant even open the balls :pac:

Jesus its painful watching the effort required to conduct this draw

And that was the end of Billy McNeils very shot lived television career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

This draw is woeful! Just draw the teams already! This should be hosted in the back of a pub, sandwiches and tea for staff.

Jesus its painful watching the effort required to conduct this draw

They've got a fantastic sense of humour though. It's nearly topping the Eurovision for personalities of the year.

• Advertisement

Marseille not bad.

good so far

Marseilles should not bother us too much (if we sign a few players)

Not a bad start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yeah, they should be handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Marseille or CSKA were the ideal draws form that pot really.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Marseille or CSKA were the ideal draws form that pot really.

Yeah, glad they won't have to travel to Moscow for an away leg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Marseille was the perfect draw, CSKA would have been up there with one of the worst IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Absolutely

Soups123 wrote: »

exactly.

Find me one fan in here who thinks this and I'll walk away. Posting sh*t is one thing posting lies is another

people who see wenger as the rigth man for the job are clearly happy with his abilities and the results from his coaching abilities.

So that goes without saying they are happy for coasting to 4th spot.

If you wasnt happy then why support and back wenger and the board? Why not call for his head as clearly he and the board are just coasting and therefore you as a fan are not happy with that?

Ask any united, spurs, chelsea, etc etc fan if they would be happy with a manager coasting for 4th spot for almost 10 years and they will laugh at you and instantly say the manager should go

tumblr_mbhoqgBPJW1qzr715o1_500.jpg1365178859597.jpg

Figo did a great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Ask any united, spurs, chelsea, etc etc fan if they would be happy with a manager coasting for 4th spot for almost 10 years and they will laugh at you and instantly say the manager should go

Rather than forever living in our shadow? Spurs would grab coasting to 4th spot for almost ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would love Basel in this pot.

people who see wenger as the rigth man for the job are clearly happy with his abilities and the results from his coaching abilities.

So that goes without saying they are happy for coasting to 4th spot.

If you wasnt happy then why support and back wenger and the board? Why not call for his head as clearly he and the board are just coasting and therefore you as a fan are not happy with that?

Come back later we are busy right now

• Advertisement

Owen not pulled a hammy yet.

Not many you would have feared in pot 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Godge wrote: »
    Rather than forever living in our shadow? Spurs would grab coasting to 4th spot for almost ten years.

And they still have a stadium to build.

home time

Dortmund a very hard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

we got dortmund **** :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement