Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Soups123 wrote: »
    That article is pure and utter sh*t

Once I seen the daily mail I knew it would of been total boll0cks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Once I seen the daily mail I knew it would of been total boll0cks.

It's a link to the Mirror.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That article is pure and utter sh*t

Oh, I don't know now .......:D

dorgasm wrote: »
    It's a link to the Mirror.....

Sorry Mirror. Mirror, Sun, Daily Mail all the same to me, complete gutter journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

looks like we will be going in with the current squad for the match on sunday, lists have to be given in tomorrow at 12 in the morning. Beginning to lose faith now

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

it's so frustrating that no one has been purchased with all the money they have.

Katunga wrote: »
    it's so frustrating that no one has been purchased with all the money they have.

The big mistake was Gazidis shooting his mouth off in the manner he did back in May. That gave the selling clubs a bit more financial muscle when it came to negotiating. A huge O.G on his part and put the club under huge pressure. He could have phrased it better then 'We can afford Rooney and more'. It would seem he was only trying to absolve himself of any blame down the line and put it all on Wenger's door.

There will be absolute war Tuesday morning if no one is bought and i for one will have lost the bit of faith at that stage. Losing the NLD would further compound this. Still think our squad is good enough to win the NLD Sunday.

Think if we cooled on Cabaye it could be perhaps for the best. What a w@nker to go on strike like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The big mistake was Gazidis shooting his mouth off in the manner he did back in May. That gave the selling clubs a bit more financial muscle when it came to negotiating. A huge O.G on his part and put the club under huge pressure. He could have phrased it better then 'We can afford Rooney and more'. It would seem he was only trying to absolve himself of any blame down the line and put it all on Wenger's door.

Probably kicked Spurs into action on the transfer market too. Very ill-judged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Seen this morning Kaka wants to leave Real. I think he'd be a cracking signing although his wages are a bit on the heavy side. Also saw we enquired about James McCarthy yesterday. Still could do with being linked with a striker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That was just plain embbarassing back then. It's gone beyond embarassment at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Well unless there’s some movement today I think we’ll either see nobody decent coming in, or a pathetic trolley dash early next week.

Today’s a big day.

I just have a feeling that we’ll get nobody decent in.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Well unless there’s some movement today I think we’ll either see nobody decent coming in, or a pathetic trolley dash early next week.

Today’s a big day.

I just have a feeling that we’ll get nobody decent in.

The delay to the Bale deal could be holding back a couple of big signings. May have to wait 'till Monday for them

greendom wrote: »
    The delay to the Bale deal could be holding back a couple of big signings. May have to wait 'till Monday for them

My concern would be that next week there’s the international break and leaves very little time to tie up deals/get medicals done etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

No Kaka please.

Di Maria/Ozil would be brilliant.

I heard Leandro Damaio might be a possibility.

Either way once the Bale deal goes through I see us getting either Di Maria or Gotze. I'd prefer Di Maria purely because the lad will work harder than Gotze and would suit our system more. Plus, I doubt he'd ask for wages as high as Gotze.

I would love either a young CB or a striker.

Hopefully Wenger can get on top of things.

Oh and Flamini is for me, a very very good signing. He wants to play here and will put his heart into helping the club improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dapics wrote: »
    No Kaka please.

Di Maria/Ozil would be brilliant.

I heard Leandro Damaio might be a possibility.

Either way once the Bale deal goes through I see us getting either Di Maria or Gotze. I'd prefer Di Maria purely because the lad will work harder than Gotze and would suit our system more. Plus, I doubt he'd ask for wages as high as Gotze.

I would love either a young CB or a striker.

Hopefully Wenger can get on top of things.

Oh and Flamini is for me, a very very good signing. He wants to play here and will put his heart into helping the club improve.

No way in hell we are getting Gotze !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wawaman wrote: »
    No way in hell we are getting Gotze !!!!!!!

I think he means Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arseblog have a bit quoting Wenger saying we may have to use Bentner in the squad! The lad is like a bad case of herpes, we'll never be rid of him!

That doesn't count as a new signing? Does it??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Seen this morning Kaka wants to leave Real. I think he'd be a cracking signing although his wages are a bit on the heavy side.

No more injury prone players please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wenger on Bendtner: "If he comes back well and gets fit, I will use him."

From Higuain, to Suarez, to Bendtner in the end.

Is wenger just trolling the fans at this stage?

gandalf wrote: »
    Arseblog have a bit quoting Wenger saying we may have to use Bentner in the squad! The lad is like a bad case of herpes, we'll never be rid of him!

That doesn't count as a new signing? Does it??? :eek:

I sometimes think someone is doing dares with him to see what he'll get away with saying in press conferences.

" Go on I dare you - say that Bendtner will have a place in the first team, that'll get them going on Twitter".

he'll start coming out with song lyrics next.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

he'll start coming out with song lyrics next.

i didn't know Alex was a writer - who knew ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bendnter was always going to be an option if we didn't sign anyone else, especially with Podolski injured. Sure we haven't even been linked to a striker since Suarez.

AdamD wrote: »
    Bendnter was always going to be an option if we didn't sign anyone else, especially with Podolski injured. Sure we haven't even been linked to a striker since Suarez.

It's a pitiful end to a transfer window that held so much promise.

I know there's still a couple of days to go but my hopes are being eroded by the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

In fairness to Bendtner his football ability had potential. If he had put his head down and worked hard he could have had a great future.

His problem has always been his ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

l1npINfl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It's a pitiful end to a transfer window that held so much promise.

I know there's still a couple of days to go but my hopes are being eroded by the day.

This. After an entire summer where we were told about how we were finally able to compete and the fans should be looking forward to things that would "excite them", we have Flamini and Bendtner supplementing the squad. Its almost laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hyzepher wrote: »
    In fairness to Bendtner his football ability had potential. If he had put his head down and worked hard he could have had a great future.

His problem has always been his ego.

His problem is that he's a big fcuking tool! Sick of him at this stage wish he'd just fcuk off!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bendtner's problem is that he never pushed on from 2008/09 for whatever reason (probably lack of work ethic, thinking he'd already made it). Wenger gave him two seasons to sort it out and then gave up. I'll be amazed if he's involved at all next season. He's basically Giroud with a bad attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

AdamD wrote: »
    Benzema - Though that is highly doubtful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Flamini signing explained:

RG7Y1UR.gif

from balls.ie

:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Every morning/afternoon I wake up the last while the first thing I do is look at the phone to see if there's been any movement on the transfer front. Today i wake up to see Bendtner might be back in the squad this year. I might have to avoid waking up ever again.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Every morning/afternoon I wake up the last while the first thing I do is look at the phone to see if there's been any movement on the transfer front. Today i wake up to see Bendtner might be back in the squad this year. I might have to avoid waking up ever again.

Its getting embarrassing now really is, he is hammering the last few nails into his own coffin in this transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Its getting embarrassing now really is, he is hammering the last few nails into his own coffin in this transfer window.

No he isn't though. The board will NOT sack him no matter what. This board have shown that they're happy with making tonnes of money and scraping fourth every year.
    Wenger is unsackable by the people who have the power to do so.

No he isn't though. The board will NOT sack him no matter what. This board have shown that they're happy with making tonnes of money and scraping fourth every year.
    Wenger is unsackable by the people who have the power to do so.

If the fans turn on him its game over there is no way the board can ignore a half empty stadium week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Levy is in his office twiddling his thumbs, laughing manically and watching his master plan unfold.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He doesn't need to be sacked, he's only got a year left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

If the fans turn on him its game over there is no way the board can ignore a half empty stadium week in week out.

Realistically. That won't happen either.

I'm not arguing with your point, but looking at it from the boards point of view. There's been tonnes of empty seats at supposed full houses for a good while now.

I genuinely don't listen to or believe a word out of Wenger in the press conferences be it positive or negative. He is never going to say what he really things about good/bad **** players.

People here need to stop getting so worked up about it. Whats going to happen is going to happen, I believe we will sign well, I hope the dropping of the Cabeye interest is a good sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

If Arsene is completely and 100% in control of transfers as seems to be the suggestion, even involved in negotiations etc, then isn't that a fundamental flaw in the club rather than a stick to beat Wenger with?

Realistically. That won't happen either.

I'm not arguing with your point, but looking at it from the boards point of view. There's been tonnes of empty seats at supposed full houses for a good while now.
    Did you ever hear a home crowd so hostile the way it was against Villa, well that will be just the tip of the iceberg if we dont sign anybody and inevitably start losing a few games. I honestly cant wait to read Wengers autobiography to find out behind his thinking.

• Advertisement

I genuinely don't listen to or believe a word out of Wenger in the press conferences be it positive or negative. He is never going to say what he really things about good/bad **** players.

People here need to stop getting so worked up about it. Whats going to happen is going to happen, I believe we will sign well, I hope the dropping of the Cabeye interest is a good sign

I hope you're right soups. I hope on monday evening I'm sitting at home in my comfy pants, full belly, after a curry, with a couple of beers, watchin Jim White announce that we've broken the bank for 3 world class players.

But.

Apart from the belly,curry, beer and the comfy pants I think it's looking unlikely :(

I hope you're right soups. I hope on monday evening I'm sitting at home in my comfy pants, full belly, after a curry, with a couple of beers, watchin Jim White announce that we've broken the bank for 3 world class players.

But.

Apart from the belly,curry, beer and the comfy pants I think it's looking unlikely :(

Yes, just as World Class players won't be the easiest/earliest to acquire (as we heard earlier in the transfer window), neither are they found in a supermarket sweep

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think he'll be sacked but they'll let his contract run down I reckon. If what we've been hearing all summer is true then Gazidis and Co. want him to spend the money just as much as we do and they will most likely have had enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

JPA wrote: »
    If Arsene is completely and 100% in control of transfers as seems to be the suggestion, even involved in negotiations etc, then isn't that a fundamental flaw in the club rather than a stick to beat Wenger with?

If Wenger is 100% in control of transfers that's a stick to beat both the club and Wenger with. Wenger for not making the signings necessary and the club for allowing him to have 100% control. He should be fingering (dodgy!) the players he wants and the money men should be making it happen (or not if the money isn't there).

But.

I'll have the beers and the comfy pants, the curry will be the celebratory order of BBQ Ribs and a Beef Satay with singapore noodles, if it doesnt go well I'll just have the 4-1 with beef

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement