Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I see those **** over at WHL have signed another player. Very promising CB who captained the national side in their recent internationl friendly this month against Slovakia. Cost £8.5M.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 14s
    We're delighted to announce we have reached agreement with FC Steaua Bucharest for the transfer of Vlad Chiriches pic.twitter.com/VRXAXU1kPS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

JPA wrote: »
    If Arsene is completely and 100% in control of transfers as seems to be the suggestion, even involved in negotiations etc, then isn't that a fundamental flaw in the club rather than a stick to beat Wenger with?

Absolutely 100% correct. Nobody questions him. So what are they there for?

The blame apportioned to Wenger is just off the charts. He is not the only one at fault for this disastrous summer. Nobody else at the club ever gets criticised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I see those **** over at WHL have signed another player. Very promising CB who captained the national side in their recent internationl friendly this month against Slovakia. Cost £8.5M.

If we had just signed him there would be people up in arms complaining that he's relatively unknown. Forget about Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

G1032 wrote: »

The blame apportioned to Wenger is just off the charts. He is not the only one at fault for this disastrous summer. Nobody else at the club ever gets criticised.

Are you actually for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

is the €40 million bid for Draxler? Might explain why Schalke have just spent €15 million on Boateng ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Are you actually for real?

Well they never receive the same abuse as Wenger. Not a fraction of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Draxler

Who the hell is this guy? Ive seen a good few mention him in here. I dunno who he is!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »
    is the €40 million bid for Draxler? Might explain why Schalke have just spent €15 million on Boateng ?

Do they not play different positions?

Don't know much about Draxler myself, is he really 10m euro better than di Maria?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

As I said yesterday

Wenger has balls, huge balls

Will it pay off, lets see

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do they not play different positions?

Don't know much about Draxler myself, is he really 10m euro better than di Maria?

Just clutching at straws really - desperate for any sign that we might be buying someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Gazidis and the Kronke board supporters get a ton of grief from the fans here in north London but its not exactly an interesting press story. This is down to wenger having too much power, Dein gone and none of the Kroenke stooges prepared to pull their finger out and criciticise Wenger's transfer policy because of the financial prudence he has managed to the run the team under but it is no longer required.

Wenger isn't solely to blame but has to shoulder most of it.

Pudders wrote: »
    Gazidis and the Kronke board supporters get a ton of grief from the fans here in north London but its not exactly an interesting press story. This is down to wenger having too much power, Dein gone and none of the Kroenke stooges prepared to pull their finger out and criciticise Wenger's transfer policy because of the financial prudence he has managed to the run the team under but it is no longer required.

Wenger isn't solely to blame but has to shoulder most of it.

Yes I'd say in general fans are as quick to blame the board as Wenger. The media find AW a much easier target.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As I said yesterday

Wenger has balls, huge balls

Will it pay off, lets see

Very thin line between balls and stupidity a lot of the time. I don't think he's stupid so hopefully it pays off whatever the hell he's playing at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sad Spurs fan posing as an Arsenal fan is sad. See you Sunday.

Very thin line between balls and stupidity a lot of the time. I don't think he's stupid so hopefully it pays off whatever the hell he's playing at.

Very very true he is in a tightrope

There is a few of us here I wouldn't say defending him more not getting carried away with the lack of signings and telling everyone to relax

If signings are not made then can't defend the man anymore really

BUT

I trust it will come good

Come Monday night we will all be happy in this thread

(Well not everyone some will still give out that signings weren't Made in July but you get the picture)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Schalke quoted as saying only a bid of €70 million would prise Draxler away, absolute madness :eek:

Sky Sports News now reporting (apparently) that Levy is delaying the Bale deal so we don't get Di Maria in time for Sunday.

Deadline for signing players in time for that fixture has gone now, so we should hear something soon if true. (Yes more straw clutching)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sky Sports News now reporting (apparently) that Levy is delaying the Bale deal so we don't get Di Maria in time for Sunday.

Deadline for signing players in time for that fixture has gone now, so we should hear something soon if true. (Yes more straw clutching)

on top of geoff saying we should hear something this evening, fingers crossed

Well they never receive the same abuse as Wenger. Not a fraction of it.

True, not as much but he's certainly not the only one getting it. The chants Ive heard at the Emirates about Gazidis have been tasty for one thing. Ive also heard that he doesnt get the tube anymore becasue of the levels of abuse he gets on there! The online bile surrounding Kroenke rises by the minute also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Surely if that was the case he'd be trying to ensure that we didn't sign him at all by not finalising the Bale deal until the last minute!

L'prof wrote: »
    Surely if that was the case he'd be trying to ensure that we didn't sign him at all by not finalising the Bale deal until the last minute!

Presumably the reason he's being sold is to help finance the Bale deal. So that wouldn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

jonny666 wrote: »
    Draxler

Who the hell is this guy? Ive seen a good few mention him in here. I dunno who he is!!

Draxler is the real deal imo. Going to be world-class.

We're gonna stuff that lot on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just thought I would throw this up.

First thing comes to mind is look at the quality we have all over the park, that truely was the best team ever to grace the premiership!

Gringo180 wrote: »

First thing comes to mind is look at the quality we have all over the park, that truely was the best team ever to grace the premiership!

Fabregas' reverse pass :cool: make ya drool!

• Advertisement

Let levy muck around all he likes, they haven't bought anyone near Di Maria's quality imo, so if we get him at all we still come out of the situation better off. We won't need di Maria to beat them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wake up read thread once again left disappointed no signings just more rumours and bull**** fcuk you Arsenal. To let have got to this point is beyond a joke.

tick tock.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wake up read thread once again left disappointed no signings just more rumours and bull**** fcuk you Arsenal. To let have got to this point is beyond a joke.

tick tock.......

Most players, coaches and agents sleep overnight, you shouldnt be expecting to wake up to new signings unless your lying on until 3

Soups123 wrote: »
    Most players, coaches and agents sleep overnight, you shouldnt be expecting to wake up to new signings unless your lying on until 3

Marty works nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Cygan?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

3 if not 4 terrible goals to concede though.

Marty works nights.

It's a killer you wake up everyday see loads of posts think ok maybe something has happened read thread not a damn thing work sleep and repeat :o.

At least it will all be over by Monday and we can just focus on football regardless of how **** our squad may be, still hopeful a tiny bit well do something before the window closes, if Wenger ever actually manage to really pick a target he want's instead of putting bids all over the place then backing out.

Which I think has made this window even more infuriating to be honest.

I just feel if we where genuinely not going to do something big we'd have brought in a few players from the next bracket by now.

I also think Wenger has had a cheeky little smile over the last week as if he has something up his sleeve. I think the Bale thing could be the hold up.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I just feel if we where genuinely not going to do something big we'd have brought in a few players from the next bracket by now.

I also think Wenger has had a cheeky little smile over the last week as if he has something up his sleeve. I think the Bale thing could be the hold up.

agreed the 40 million man is ozil and di maria would be the other player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Raf32 wrote: »

Is this coming from a tweet?

Because Geoff and afc camdam have just being tweeting crap all summer

Raf32 wrote: »

I would LOVE to have that kind of optimism. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

To have any hope of saving this summer, Wenger has 3 days to sort the mess out that he has created. Come Tuesday morning and we have 3 points against the spuds and 3 top class signings the world will look a lot healthier than it does today. Lose and...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Wenger on Bendtner: "If he comes back well and gets fit, I will use him."

From Higuain, to Suarez, to Bendtner in the end.

Well if its any use Bentley & Gallas are available on frees too & both could help your squad depth issues. :eek:

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Is this coming from a tweet?

Because Geoff and afc camdam have just being tweeting crap all summer

Not really like I said earlier not there fault the club have been fcuking up so much. They both called the 40 million Suarez bid about three days before it happened and Liverpool announced it to the world.

The only thing they got wrong on that was the day they both said Monday the bid went in on the Tuesday ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

What's Alex Hleb upto these days?

might aswell bring him back too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

what exactly did Geoff say in his tweet?

wawaman wrote: »
    what exactly did Geoff say in his tweet?

40 million bid for a German international I think it was.

It's probably Gotze or a player we have no hope of getting :pac:.

davycc wrote: »
    Well if its any use Bentley & Gallas are available on frees too & both could help your squad depth issues. :eek:

You guys did well in the Thursday night draw, big big games coming

shano_88 wrote: »
    What's Alex Hleb upto these days?

might aswell bring him back too!

Charlie George still works for the club and could be called upon. We have the yellow and royal kit ready for him to recreate that famous Wembley goal from 71 :D

CharlieGeorge_468x301.jpg

Ive very conflicted emotions about this whole sorry affair. Mostly on the front im just depressed about the whole lack of signings. Not so much that they are needed for the sake of it but they are a huge necessity with the injuries we have to key players. But deep deep down, hope springs eternal.

Brady and Lee Dixon seem very confident about things (not saying that's anything concrete to go on but both are very close to the club). Reports of Gazidis leaving the champions league draw early yesterday to attend to business (probably another commercial deal with an asian gambling company though) and Wenger has been fairly coy about things. You sense there might be something stirring in the water but ill prepare for disappointment and everything else thereafter will be a bonus

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Surprised Gazidis was even at the thing to be honest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Maybe he was passing notes to the Schalke executives.

Hey
    €30m for Draxler?
    ps. Arsene thinks you're cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Things seem very deflated doesn't it right now. By Sunday things should be hyped up. But after Monday we could be moaning or celebrating, here's hoping for the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Doesn't it say something about the lack of confidence Spurs have and the fear of going to the Emirates if they are doing that? Couldn't imagine us doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

does anyone know anything about this lad? all the posting in here i'm surprised nobody has commented on a player who has been linked a few times in the past few days
    Arsenal have made an £8.5m bid for 22-year-old St Etienne midfielder Josuha Guilavogui

22, French International Defensive midfielder who is affordable and according to some places Arsenal have bid for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement