Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Soups123 wrote: »
    You guys did well in the Thursday night draw, big big games coming

Some marathon 4000 km trips coming up so we will just use our 3rd team like last night & save the main men for the prem Lge games Im hoping AVB has realised that was one thing fatigue that ruined us last season & thats why he is building up a decent squad with quality in depth for every position...

as much as I (have to) dislike arsenal id love to be in your shoes for this CL group..they will be amazing nights too look forward to & everything that european competion SHOULD be about ,not like us off to fecking Moldova:o or Russia or Norway..

but having said all that sure we will see you lot asap & Celtic too hopefully when you get dumped outta CL into EL:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

davycc wrote: »
    Some marathon 4000 km trips coming up so we will just use our 3rd team like last night & save the main men for the prem Lge games Im hoping AVB has realised that was one thing fatigue that ruined us last season & thats why he is building up a decent squad with quality in depth for every position...

as much as I (have to) dislike arsenal id love to be in your shoes for this CL group..they will be amazing nights too look forward to & everything that european competion SHOULD be about ,not like us off to fecking Moldova:o or Russia or Norway..

but having said all that sure we will see you lot asap & Celtic too hopefully when you get dumped outta CL into EL:pac::pac:

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all......

Was delighted with your draw he will have to take a good squad to Russia and the others will depend on how you sit, he will want to win the group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Whatever about Wenger as a manager as a person he seems to be just winding the fans up.
    We will get a few signings because he has to sign but how much he spends or how good the players will be, I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

A win on Sunday and then Ozil, Benzema and Di Maria to join on Monday to give me the best birthday present one could ask for :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

does anyone know anything about this lad? all the posting in here i'm surprised nobody has commented on a player who has been linked a few times in the past few days

22, French International Defensive midfielder who is affordable and according to some places Arsenal have bid for

It ha been mentioned already ;). But don't think anyone knows feck all about him so didn't gather much attention.

Once again I would have no problem with that along with other signings.

I think we desperately need someone to play on the left now and a CF.

• Advertisement

Your right its the dregs of a competition but AVB loves it so he will take it serious & Id fancy us to win that group on paper anyways but its football & anything can go wrong esp for us....

Thankfully Anzi have sold eto & willian & are flogging all their big signings already..

Man I miss the CL..we had a couple of yrs & its addictve hearing the CL anthem before the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

davycc wrote: »
    Your right its the dregs of a competition but AVB loves it so he will take it serious & Id fancy us to win that group on paper anyways but its football & anything can go wrong esp for us....

Thankfully Anzi have sold eto & willian & are flogging all their big signings already..

Man I miss the CL..we had a couple of yrs & its addictve hearing the CL anthem before the game..

I've a pain in my balls with it :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    I've a pain in my balls with it :)

not me:cool:

well hopefully you will only be hearing it 6 times max this time ;)

GL on Sunday too & Id better head back to my Spurs SC forum before I get lynched again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Just watched wengers peas conference in full

I'm gone from confident he is gonna pull it out of the bag to super confident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

why so? link please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Do we need a dm now that flamini has signed?

I dont think so,.

Really why? Haven't seen the press conference, and please don't say becuase the way he smiled when he answered a certain question he's been at that all summer ;).

Really why? Haven't seen the press conference, and please don't say becuase the way he smiled when he answered a certain question he's been at that all summer ;).

Calm relaxed

Said he won't panic buy

Said were close to signing players

He will pull this one off

Calm relaxed

Said he won't panic buy

Said were close to signing players

He will pull this one off

I sincerely hope you're right.

I sincerely hope you're right.

He was asked the same question mid week and he nearly chewed the reporter with his answer and he was on edge, all this after a good home win

Different man today something has gone down in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He was asked the same question mid week and he nearly chewed the reporter with his answer and he was on edge, all this after a good home win

Different man today something has gone down in between

Probably got laid

:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Do we need a dm now that flamini has signed?

I dont think so,.

Would be no harm, that lad is quite young and if Flamini has to fill in for our injury prone fullbacks (or if sagna has to stay in CB due to injurues there) we'd still be short cover for Arteta. With Flamini, Arteta and a relatively experienced youngster like Guilavogui in the squad I think we're about right.

It also gives freedom to play Arteta further up the field if there's injuries elsewhere in midfield. He'd be a pretty astute signing I think in that regard. Flamini, Guilavogui and 2 big names to top it off I would be very happy.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would be no harm, that lad is quite young and if Flamini has to fill in for our injury prone fullbacks (or if sagna has to stay in CB due to injurues there) we'd still be short cover for Arteta. With Flamini, Arteta and a relatively experienced youngster like Guilavogui in the squad I think we're about right.

It also gives freedom to play Arteta further up the field if there's injuries elsewhere in midfield. He'd be a pretty astute signing I think in that regard. Flamini, Guilavogui and 2 big names to top it off I would be very happy.

I suppose it would do no harm.

As for Wengers interviews, I can't remember him ever being as agitated in then as I've seen recently, the one after the Munich defeat was funny

AW- "why is everybody looking at me?"
    reporter- "its your press conference Arsene"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm beginning to think whoever sits next to him just gives him a tickle when he answers a question tbh :pac:

L'Equipe reporting Liverpool have agreed €17m deal for Sakho, wonder why we're not in for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

the Mail says Liverpool have also paid 8m for Ilori, I thought it was one or the other for them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The important bit of the press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

FearDark wrote: »
    The important bit of the press conference.

This is like the build up to Christmas when I was a nipper, hopefully we get a few presents come Monday and not a bag of soot :D

bad2dabone wrote: »
    the Mail says Liverpool have also paid 8m for Ilori, I thought it was one or the other for them.

Maybe they'll go for both? Barca are supposedly sniffing around Agger i think. Er....who cares about them anyway :pac:

I'm beginning to think whoever sits next to him just gives him a tickle when he answers a question tbh :pac:

L'Equipe reporting Liverpool have agreed €17m deal for Sakho, wonder why we're not in for him?
    Could be another Yanga-Mbwia, which was a dodged bullet tbf..

After watching that interview I'm genuinely excited about who could be joining us. Sure Mr. Wenger has made an absolute balls of the summer but I'm confident he will make two or three signings come Monday. Gonna give the negativity a rest and see what we end up with Tuesday morning.

After watching that interview I'm genuinely excited about who could be joining us. Sure Mr. Wenger has made an absolute balls of the summer but I'm confident he will make two or three signings come Monday. Gonna give the negativity a rest and see what we end up with Tuesday morning.

It's hard to not think he's got something up his sleave after that. The suave bastard. He better not be teasing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I don't necessarily share your excitement (or Wenger's confidence), but definitely agree with you. Give negativity a rest for the weekend, concentrate on the Sunday game and come Tuesday we gonna have a nice debate here (and by that time we will probably need a new thread as well. . .Jesus, this one reaches its limit very quickly. . .)

It's hard to not think he's got something up his sleave after that. The suave bastard. He better not be teasing us.

That smile.

He's up to something for sure!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm off to Poland tomorrow to spend the weekend with my girl. Dragging her to the pub to watch the NLD. If they **** it up I shall not forgive!

• Advertisement

How much will it suck if/when we sign a bunch of players only to have to endure an international coma before we see them play :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm off to Poland tomorrow to spend the weekend with my girl. Dragging her to the pub to watch the NLD. If they **** it up I shall not forgive!

Can you come back with Lewandoski ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

How much will it suck if/when we sign a bunch of players only to have to endure an international coma before we see them play :(
    If we win on Sunday... not in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

on another note, I just realised that I'm gonna miss the last CL game vs Napoli. I will be on a plane flying back home at the time of the match, landing around the beginning of second half.
    Here's hoping we will have cleared the group before that. :cool:

greendom wrote: »
    Can you come back with Lewandoski ?

And some Polish prostitutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I try really hard not to get excited about rumoured signings anymore.

It's tough with these Madrid links.

I'd take any of them. I mean we're linked with three. I only want one.

But FFS, the idea of us getting Benzema, Di Maria and Ozil while Bale leaves.

A Carlsberg transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The trouble with Wenger saying he's not going to panic buy is that every other club in the world will know the situation he's in. That's not to say he won't bring in quality, but he'll certainly be paying over the odds bar someone from a club in financial difficulty, a la Lyon.

Arsenal's first XI is quality, no denying that, but there's little to no squad cover and I can't see them getting fourth unless quality, and sufficient, cover is brought in, which will be hard to do at this late stage. Especially since Wenger/Arsenal (?) has always been reluctant to splash the cash.

THFC wrote: »
    Arsenal's first XI is quality, no denying that, but there's little to no squad cover and I can't see them getting fourth unless quality, and sufficient, cover is brought in, which will be hard to do at this late stage. Especially since Wenger/Arsenal (?) has always been reluctant to splash the cash.

absolutely, and i think we all agree with you.
    He simply must increase the squad strength and depth or else we're in for a long and disaterous season.
    I'm not entirely confident it will happen - but that interview has given me a small bit of hope.

(its the hope that kills)

The worst thing is that if we had used this summer to get stronger we could be in a position to challenge or at least push into a position where we don't have to scrape into the top 4, i'm sick of the top 4!

Not exactly delighted catching up on Arsenal stuff after a week or two without reading anything. Tough CL draw as well. At least we got in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is a massive game for Spurs on Sunday, there is some serious pressure on them now after spending 100 million to catch us, while we have spent nothing yet. If we can get a win it will really hit their confidence.

A lot of rumours liking sakho to Liverpool, the media circus doesn't bother me but I would be p*ssed if they do sign him, he's what we need and there is no way we should be beaten by pool for this signing.

• Advertisement

According to skysports.com Bendy boots is currently talking to Palace. We must have something lined up

According to skysports.com Bendy boots is currently talking to Palace. We must have something lined up

At least when Ozil, Di Maria and Benzema join they won't have many player names to learn.

Him and chamakh up front. Gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

From what I've read the only Real Madrid player the spanish press have linked us to is Di Maria and maybe that Alonso link that appeared today. The Benzema and Ozil rumours appeared in the UK. Not saying they wont happen, I dont have a clue what's gonna happen. Id settle for something!

Boards acting quare on me on firefox all of a sudden. Anyone else experiencing this? Cant seem to be able to quote or thank posts so i have had to revert to chrome for time being.

Anyhow back on topic, if Bendy Boots cant agree personal terms with a club this time then i think its time we cut our losses and get shot of him. Seriously though, how fúckin long was his contract with us? If we're getting a fee for him then he must at least have a year left otherwise he'd be gone on a bosman. He signed on in 2009

9:30am - "The chance of Bendtner to leave now is very small" - Wenger

5:30pm - Bendter talking to Palace about a move!

An all ye loose the plot by what he says in press conferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Boards acting quare on me on firefox all of a sudden. Anyone else experiencing this? Cant seem to be able to quote or thank posts so i have had to revert to chrome for time being.

Anyhow back on topic, if Bendy Boots cant agree personal terms with a club this time then i think its time we cut our losses and get shot of him. Seriously though, how fúckin long was his contract with us? If we're getting a fee for him then he must at least have a year left otherwise he'd be gone on a bosman. He signed on in 2009

Firefox have blocked content it doesn't believe to be secure. Can unblock it clicking the shield to the left of the address bar.

dvemail wrote: »
    Firefox have blocked content it doesn't believe to be secure. Can unblock it clicking the shield to the left of the address bar.

Sorted now cheers. Cleared cache and it worked.

Kondogbia officially a Monaco player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

jester77 wrote: »
    This is a massive game for Spurs on Sunday, there is some serious pressure on them now after spending 100 million to catch us, while we have spent nothing yet. If we can get a win it will really hit their confidence.

Not really, I'd even go as far to say it's the most unimportant NLD for us in years. Early in the season after a window of many transfers, squad probably won't have settled yet, and we've still the likes of Lamela to bed in, along with possibly (even probably) Eriksen. The Bale saga is also still hanging over us. If we lose, which probably won't be a hammering like the last 2 years, it won't have much of an impact on our season tbh. That's not to say it's unimportant, it is obviously important and I expect the team to be fighting tooth and nail to win the bloody game.

From an Arsenal perspective it's far more important however, which is why I think ye'll win. A loss, especially a loss in a similar fashion as Villa, would be disastrous for ye.

Skybet have us 11/8 favourites to sign Quagliarella (amongst many others they had us favourites to sign). Dont know much about him to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement