Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

THFC wrote: »
    Not really, I'd even go as far to say it's the most unimportant NLD for us in years. Early in the season after a window of many transfers, squad probably won't have settled yet, and we've still the likes of Lamela to bed in, along with possibly (even probably) Eriksen. The Bale saga is also still hanging over us. If we lose, which probably won't be a hammering like the last 2 years, it won't have much of an impact on our season tbh. That's not to say it's unimportant, it is obviously important and I expect the team to be fighting tooth and nail to win the bloody game.

From an Arsenal perspective it's far more important however, which is why I think ye'll win. A loss, especially a loss in a similar fashion as Villa, would be disastrous for ye.

Give over

If we win after spending 0 against ye who spent 100m

Then we go out and spend big

I think it knocks ye back ten fold

Massive massive game for spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Give over

If we win after spending 0 against ye who spent 100m

Then we go out and spend big

I think it knocks ye back ten fold

Massive massive game for spurs

As I said I don't expect to win. For obvious reasons there's far more on the line for Arsenal with the pressure they're under from the fans. Tottenham, on the other hand, seem to be concentrating more on securing more signings, not much expectation from the various fora anyway, who normally are representative of the supporters as a whole.

If ye don't win there will be massive pressure put on Wenger to sign players, but if ye do win then I reckon Wenger will turn around and say that the squad is good enough come 2nd September, when in all probability, any signings will be underwhelming.

Anyway, not going to comment on it further, last thing I want to do is drag the thread OT talking about Spurs. Won't even be at the game myself anyway, will be in Croker come 4 o' clock Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

According to @Futbol_Mercado # Arsenal have bid 82million Euros for Di Maria, Benzema AND Ozil.

One can dream :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    According to @Futbol_Mercado # Arsenal have bid 82million Euros for Di Maria, Benzema AND Ozil.

3 for 2 offer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

either way thats a bit low for the three of them you'd imagine, Be about right for Benzema and Di Maria though i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

around 35 each for benzema and ozil maybe and 25 for di maria in pounds? looking at around 100 million pounds, which is 30 short

I'd have Benzema at 30, Ozil at 40 and Di Maria at 20, So 90 million pounds still alot of diffrence ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'd have Benzema at 30, Ozil at 40 and Di Maria at 20, So 90 million pounds still alot of diffrence ,

Good price for you Mr, happy hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Skybet have us 11/8 favourites to sign Quagliarella (amongst many others they had us favourites to sign). Dont know much about him to be honest.

Scores spectacular goals but doesn't score prolifically. At least not in Serie A. He has quality though and is a notch or three above Bendtner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

who or what is futbol_mercado? I see it was re tweeted by Darren Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

who or what is futbol_mercado? I see it was re tweeted by Darren Arsenal.

Looks a ****e source. Scrolled down their twitter and they had claimed a bid from United for Luiz, amongst other mad stuff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Scores spectacular goals but doesn't score prolifically. At least not in Serie A. He has quality though and is a notch or three above Bendtner.

One of his best moments, id say these are few and far between though...

Lamela signed in time for sunday ...:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

AdamD wrote: »
    Looks a ****e source. Scrolled down their twitter and they had claimed a bid from United for Luiz, amongst other mad stuff..

Also, €82m = £70m, the same figure the Daily Mail used in a nonsense transfer story earlier. So I'd say they just stole the DM story.

Lukaku on the bench again tonight, wonder if they'd sell to us..

Such a waste having any half decent young player at a Mourinho team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Lukaku on the bench again tonight, wonder if they'd sell to us..

Such a waste having any half decent young player at a Mourinho team.

That's why Varane wasn't prominent in his Real side :pac:

Bentley on Skysports hoping for Spurs to win #bittermuch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Raf32 wrote: »

Could it be that Levy is demanding money up front and so in order to do so they would need to sell these 3 for aroundabouts the price quoted? Bale or bust.

HazDanz wrote: »
    That's why Varane wasn't prominent in his Real side :pac:

He wasn't though was he

quick search shows he only made 15 league appearances last season..

Could it be that Levy is demanding money up front and so in order to do so they would need to sell these 3 for aroundabouts the price quoted? Bale or bust.

Which would you prefer - Di Maria, Benzema AND Ozil or Bale?

The three boys are a better option than Bale imo easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah defintely the three of them.

Also reports that Yilmaz talks with Lazio have broken down, with Lazio request to pay in installments rather than a lump sum of 15M being a problem and that they may now look elsewhere.

If that is true, I would consider €15m to be good value for him.

What do people think?

ETA: Taken from the Guardian Transfer Mill btw.

I think anyway im done speculating till tuesday :/ this has been a bitch of a summer full stop

He wasn't though was he

quick search shows he only made 15 league appearances last season..

He made 33. 15 league, 11 Europe and 7 in the cup. He usurped Pepe basically out of being pure class.

Edit: He's french, young and a great defender... Wonder why Wenger hasn't put him in the shopping basket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You wonder if that's true then why didn't spurs just swap bale for those 3 players?

Benzema is better than soldado
    Id have Di maria over lamala
    and ozil over any of their 100th midfield players they've just signed

obviously the players have some say but I just don't buy it, id be very surprised if we sign any of the three

I think anyway im done speculating till tuesday :/ this has been a bitch of a summer full stop

Same here, well trying my best not to anyway.

Trying my best to ignore all links to any Real Madrid players.

Although Phil Brown reckons Wenger will blow a lot of peoples minds on Monday :pac: clutching at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

How is our team looking for Sunday? Have we everyone available bar Poldi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I dont no what it is but I just have a strange feeling that we are gonna sign Fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

dvemail wrote: »
    How is our team looking for Sunday? Have we everyone available bar Poldi?

No Arteta or Ox either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I dont no what it is but I just have a strange feeling that we are gonna sign Fabregas.

No chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Most mental window ever, its finally breaking people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Not this summer, but if he gets pushed out of the first team once more he will push for a leave.
    Although with Santi now a new member of the Puma team alongside Arteta and Cesc and the new supposed kit deal with Puma happening next season. Can dream.

No chance.

I no thats why I said strange feeling :) I really think Wenger has something up his sleeve tho, 3 world class players im hoping. Ozil, Di Maria and Torres and ill wet the pants

I no thats why I said strange feeling :) I really think Wenger has something up his sleeve tho, 3 world class players im hoping. Ozil, Di Maria and Torres and ill wet the pants

Wait what Torres? Why?

Plus no chance.

Wait what Torres? Why?

Plus no chance.

I reckon he would be a shrewd signing, I think our style of play would suit his game more so to the way they play at Chelsea. I still think he has more to offer.

Most mental windoer, its finally breaking people!

Yes im taking the Tom Hanks route at the moment and making up a signing....here's Wilson
    Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Contradiction of the year. Not right to see that in the same sentence ;)

Tomorrows mirror, does tie in with what GeoffArsenal said

BS8lFx9CIAA2bOY.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Tomorrows mirror, does tie in with what GeoffArsenal said

BS8lFx9CIAA2bOY.jpg:large

Is he good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Is he good

For 40 million you'd hope so.

We'd need more players a striker and CB too.

• Advertisement

Is he good

I have no idea to be honest but does come with a lot of hype. From what I've read though he is a special talent but not the finished product yet, which would be a typical Wenger signings besides the money part.

GeoffArsenal just confirmed it was Draxler.

Savage assist from him, I don't normally post youtube videos of player were linekd with often but this assist is to good not to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Savage assist from him, I don't normally post youtube videos of player were linekd with often but this assist is to good not to post.

Oh thats very very nice!

He couldnt play CL though right as he's cup tied?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »

Thought it didn't count if it's just the qualifiers? Or is that only if the team doesn't make it through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonga77 wrote: »

According to this, he would be eligible:

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

But Schalke are still in the CL so he is ineligible to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

40m.

we'll take 3 of him please. in large.

Schalke are in group E with Chelsea so he would be ineligible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm calling bull**** on this Draxler rumour. Why would a player leave a club where he can play CL football for another where he can just watch it from the stands? Doesn't make sense to me!

I am pretty sure he would be eligible for us in the ChampsLge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement