Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

batistuta9 wrote: »
    if it happens his credibility will be plus infinity
    Everyone will check his updates to see if Kate Middleton had the kid yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

TheBza wrote: »
    So having a dirty racist cheat at the club is fine then? Id say the majority of Arsenal fans on here were condemning him after the racial and biting incidents or all the other cases of him diving, or the world cup incident, but now we bid for him its all forgotten. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yes, he's a fantastic player and all but the chap is a liability and a little scumbag.

Cut that out please. We've all been doing so well lately in the circumstances of this possible transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hmmm, if you're right about that then I think you should start a Twitter account.

Eh? Sorry but is that a lame attempt at humour? Maybe you should go to clown school.

jank wrote: »
    Eh? Sorry but is that a lame attempt at humour? Maybe you should go to clown school.
    Your post before that was way funnier.

Hmmm, now I remember why I barely post in this forum any more.

Hmmm, now I remember why I barely post in this forum any more.
    When will you believe Higuain isn't signing for Arsenal this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Its not that I would not like Suarez at the club but I think the price tag Liverpool have put on him is delusional. Why sell our best player and the best forward in the PL for 22 million only a year later to splash out 40+ million on a player who cant play the first 6 games of the season and although a decent player not as good as VP is.... makes no sense. They would have been better off spending 40 million last year or the year before in getting decent players in to support Cesc and VP so we can win something.

I still think the main target is Higuain, Arsenal are just trying to force a move so all the other cards come into play.

Time left on contract and resale value have a lot to do with it.

When will you believe Higuain isn't signing for Arsenal this summer?

When he moves to another club or is at Madrid come September. Apparently he is going to be presented at Napoli on Monday according to reports so it may be sooner rather than later. Anyway sorry I am out of the loop and dont spend hours refreshing this page all day oh great one!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The bottom line is that yes Suarez has done some shameful things but he's served his punishment now. Forcing him to stay another year at Liverpool is excessive and doesn't fit the crime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The calm before the storm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus lads do some of you sit up all night waiting for news?
    Can't believe some of the times messages are posted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

posting on boards does not equal posting in Ireland but I wouldnt be surprised if some do just keep waiting for news till stupid hours even though moves arent exactly going to progress at odd times unless they are on the other side of the world.

Speaking of which any news on Bernard? the original runour had his move happening on Friday and he has since (after the final he had to play in) confirmed he is off although he has yet to say where afaik

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone said on here yesterday he's rumoured to have signed for Porto instead of us. We'll see I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I work nights :p

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Did nights for 22 years.
    Don't envy you.

Did nights for 22 years.
    Don't envy you.

I like it. I always had trouble sleeping at night, found it much easier during the day. It's almost perfect.

The only issue was during that heat wave. I couldn't leave the windows open because there do be kids screaming constantly outside. Felt like running them over the next time I saw them :pac:

(I didn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Activate all the clauses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Likewise, well 12 hr shifts days and nights.
    I like it. I always had trouble sleeping at night, found it much easier during the day. It's almost perfect.

The only issue was during that heat wave. I couldn't leave the windows open because there do be kids screaming constantly outside. Felt like running them over the next time I saw them :pac:

(I didn't)

I'm a night owl myself so nights suit me better.

Kids not so much everyone out cutting there grass was the one that got me, kept wishing the power would go.

Anyways must be a quiet news day tofday first time in ages I've woken up not having a few pages to catch up on.

On Bernard as I said the L'Equipe reporter who broke the storry last night said on Twitter the move to Arsenal was still on we just pushed it back till after the weekend as Arsenal wanted to wait for Wenger to make his return from Asia which would make sense, we shall see if he is full of shiit or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

On Bernard as I said the L'Equipe reporter who broke the storry last night said on Twitter the move to Arsenal was still on we just pushed it back till after the weekend as Arsenal wanted to wait for Wenger to make his return from Asia which would make sense, we shall see if he is full of shiit or not.

Sure we might as well wait and announce Cesc and Suarez at the same time as well :p

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Let’s just get Suarez, Bernard/Fabregas, Bender and Zouma sorted. I’m not hard to please.

If his agent's been making noise i doubt it's 100%. Arsenal are usually quiet about things and if a deal has been struck then the agent harping on would serve no purpose than to piss us off.

Most likely we've shown an interest if anything and they're trying to stir it up and raise the price.

Anyone see that stuff about Khedira being allowed to leave for 15m??

That would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gosplan wrote: »

That would be nice.

Where did you hear that? Just the type of player we need, Id love him or Gustavo to marshall that midfield just like Gilberto did.

That would be nice.
    I'd pay a lot more than that for him!

Cant speak for others but I am on Sydney time. Got to wonder if alright if people are up all night pressing F5 on this and other websites waiting for news.
    *cough* Buttonftw *cough*

• Advertisement

Cant speak for others but I am on Sydney time. Got to wonder if alright if people are up all night pressing F5 on this and other websites waiting for news.
    *cough* Buttonftw *cough*

Oh-ho, ya got me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So yeah, Arsenal won today. Probably why its so quiet here i suppose.

I just don't like being on my phone the whole time while I'm in the pub. Which I am, celebrating Arsenal's historic win over Urawa Red Diamonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That would be nice.

Then just as we've agreed personal terms Real double the price :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Think UTD might have just done you guys a favour.

Fabregas to return looks more probable as the rumour is that Barca are willing to neg but IF he is returning to the PL then Arsenal it is.

All via Twitter but can see this having legs.

• Advertisement

I dunno, doesn't seem to be a whole lot in it to me.

... and personally, I think if Cesc was thinking about moving Wenger wouldn't be far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Think theres more chance of Cesc than Suarez and more chance of neither than anything.

Pretty happy with the shape of the squad away from that tho, good tour. Its nice not worrying about players leaving and looking back all credit to the squad and Wenger for getting 4th. Still feeling positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The tour went well, the youngsters did well, and the players look fitter and there's a good atmosphere, 4 wins can't hurt. But now that they're back..... Spend that Warchest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Jeez this thread has me super excited. Khedira, Fabregas and Suarez? Get out of town :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm enjoying all the media stuff they've been doing for this tour, the team chemistry seem excellent. Poldi and Chambo are great.

LiverpoolFC News (@LFCTransferNRS)
    7/26/13, 2:08 PM
    Real Madrid are still in for Suarez & they spoke to Suarez's reps over the weekend, just to say they were still there. (via @RorySmithTimes

Wenger has said we are not close to signing anybody. He follows that with saying it's unlikely anything will happen before the Emirates Cup. Wenger isnt always fully honest so take that how you will.

He also suggested Sagna would be our fourth choice CB so a new CB looks to be way down the list of priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wenger has said we are not close to signing anybody. He follows that with saying it's unlikely anything will happen before the Emirates Cup. Wenger isnt always fully honest so take that how you will.

He also suggested Sagna would be our fourth choice CB so a new CB looks to be way down the list of priorities.

A week ago he said they weren't close to signing anyone and lots of Arsenal fans took it as him bluffing. Clearly that's not the case. In those same quotes you mention, he said that even with no additions at all, Arsenal will be title challengers. This summer has been crushingly inept thus far.

I may get crucified for this, but with the managerial changes and our guys from last season bedded in, I think saying we're title challengers without any new signings may not be too far off the mark.

The squad itself as a while is a bit thin, with the deadwood departures, but there will be signings. Fairly certain of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So if Liverpool refuse to sell Suarez to us, maybe we should just buy them instead.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/5036176/Liverpool-Football-Club-for-sale.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I may get crucified for this, but with the managerial changes and our guys from last season bedded in, I think saying we're title challengers without any new signings may not be too far off the mark.

The squad itself as a while is a bit thin, with the deadwood departures, but there will be signings. Fairly certain of that

With those managerial changes though, I think only United are actually worse off. Jose being back at Chelsea is nothing but a positive for them, i think they'll kick on instantly. As for City, I think Pellegrini is a better manager than Mancini, but may need to have a little bedding in time (though he settled instantly with Villareal, Real Madrid, and Malaga). He also has the benefit of a few fantastic additions to the squad from last year in Fernandinho, Jovetic and Negredo, so I think any chance of the change being a negative will have been offset anyway.

I really can't see past a nailed on top 3 of Man U, Chelsea and Man City, not necessarily in that order.

Agree with the above, I'd be surprised if Chelsea don't add 10 points this season.

As for the squad we have right now:

Szczęsny
    Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
    Wilshere Arteta Cazorla
    Walcott Giroud Podolski

Subs:
    Fabianski
    Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Gibbs,
    Ramsey, Diaby, Frimpong, Miyaichi, Coquelin, Rosicky,
    Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo, Chamakh, Gervinho, Park, Bendtner, Campbell.

We're missing 1 defender, missing a lot of depth in midfield and don't have the at least one out-and-out goalscorer we need. In terms of the first XI we're ok at the back but a couple of injuries and we're screwed. We're missing magic in midfield and up front.

Let's say Park, Chamakh, Bendtner and Gervinho go (as many want to see happen), the only back-up we have then for the front 3 is Oxlade-Chamberlain who needs a bit of a break-through season, a lad from Ligue 2 and a lad without a squad number. Hell, look at midfield. Plenty reckon Frimpong and Coquelin won't make it, we can forget about Diaby at this stage so that leaves just Ramsey, Rosicky and Miyaich. Something's gonna have to give somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/atletico-mineiro/transfer-talk/news/atletico-mineiro-confirm-english-club-bid-for-bernard_95321.html
    Eduardo Maluf, Mineiro's sporting director, insists that they have a bid on the table from a Premier League outfit.

"We have an offer from an English club, of €16m (£13.8m)," Maluf told Portuguese daily O Jogo.

"However, our president will only sell for €25m (£21.5m)."

Our squad is not strong enough or large enough to compete for the title.
    A few injuries to key men and we are in serious trouble.
    We need signings. Simple as.
    Money in the bank does not win you the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

O Jogo is saying that bid was from us. Of course it was, it's lowballing once again.

i know nothing about him, seen him once or twice in the confederations cup just, is he worth €25?

anyway you hardy start with what they want when bidding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Isn't Santi a breath of fresh air? Lots of noise about Atletico but he seems to be an honest and loyal type of individual reading through his responses to the press. What's more, I don't think it's just lip service either.

A good egg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Current squad is a long way off being title challengers imo.

• Advertisement

Isn't Santi a breath of fresh air? Lots of noise about Atletico but he seems to be an honest and loyal type of individual reading through his responses to the press. What's more, I don't think it's just lip service either.

A good egg!

Imagine him playing with world class players around him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement