Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The Telegraph going with the Draxler story aswell, there also saying were in for Kaka.

To be honest I wouldn't mind him to much but can't see it not a Wenger type signing at all. But then again he is a free transfer so that side is right up Wengers street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So if this is true it would probaly rule out Di Maria do they play in similar positions ? Would that mean so that theres still a chance of Benzema and Ozil ?

So if this is true it would probaly rule out Di Maria do they play in similar positions ? Would that mean so that theres still a chance of Benzema and Ozil ?

God only knows, well know soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

The Telegraph going with the Draxler story aswell, there also saying were in for Kaka.

To be honest I wouldn't mind him to much but can't see it not a Wenger type signing at all. But then again he is a free transfer so that side is right up Wengers street.

Whoever posted the youtube clip just jinxed it. :(

No more youtube clips/twitter rumours until Monday 11.05pm please!

(still holding out for Mueller)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bit confused by the regulations now. Not that it'll matter because it's probably BS anyway. Anybody heading to the game on Sunday?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He played in the middle for Schalke against galatasaray i think? Would be instead of Ozil if that's his position?

Not really in the know now, just always thought Ozil was a central AM and Di Maria a wide player.

gandalf wrote: »
    I'm calling bull**** on this Draxler rumour. Why would a player leave a club where he can play CL football for another where he can just watch it from the stands? Doesn't make sense to me!

True, Monreal done it last year though which i could never get my head around.

God only knows, well know soon enough though.

Perhaps we're keeping a few irons in the fire.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Even if he is cup tied for the group stage he could still play in the knock outs after we stuff Dortmund and Napoli right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

farna_boy wrote: »
    Whoever posted the youtube clip just jinxed it. :(

No more youtube clips/twitter rumours until Monday 11.05pm please!

(still holding out for Mueller)

Personally, I'd actually prefer Draxler. Really rate him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

On a side note, don't Spurs have to start saving their dosh for their new stadium. Have they started building it yet?

jank wrote: »
    On a side note, don't Spurs have to start saving their dosh for their new stadium. Have they started building it yet?

Well plan A fell through which was to get one on the cheap in Stratford so plan B will probably be to get a sugar daddy to help fund the project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Twitter saying Kaka a lot.

Dear god no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Im not sure id want kaka either to be honest hes a long way off his world beating form of old and would take time to settle. No can deny his ability its just he hasnt shown it in a few years now.

I wouldnt pay anymore than 10million for him tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Im not sure id want kaka either to be honest hes a long way off his world beating form of old and would take time to settle. No can deny his ability its just he hasnt shown it in a few years now.

I'd happily take him.

I'd fcukin take anyone right now though. It's a bonus that he was at least a world beater at one stage.

Reports are saying Kaka is available on a free ;), on a free I certainly would be more than happy to give him a shot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think the longer Levy tries to screw us by delaying the Bale move the more likely we'll pick up some RM players before Monday.

if the Bale move goes on and on, there is less likelihood that any other team would have time to compete against us. Especially if RM are looking to recoup some money.

I would say 2 players from RM is likely and any business Real do on the back of the Bale move will be to one single club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Also, if its true that Levy is doing it to try and hurt us then there must be some truth in the RM players to us talk. He knows something.

Or maybe its all horsesh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Roll on tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Draxler is going nowhere this summer. Has said himself he's rejected moves to Real and City.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Draxler is going nowhere this summer. Has said himself he's rejected moves to Real and City.

Good from what I can gather not worth 40 million just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ya cause he is going to Arsenal :pac:

Good from what I can gather not worth 40 million just yet

Most players are not worth the price they go for these days :) His ceiling is traitor (Götze) and Özil level though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Any of ye see that film Oblivion? Starring Tom Cruise? At the start of the film, he mentions that he has had a memory wipe.

I wish I do could that for this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Reports are saying Kaka is available on a free ;), on a free I certainly would be more than happy to give him a shot.

Sounds like our price range. He would be a good squad member once his wages are not too high.

• Advertisement

Yeh it looks like Arsenal bidding low for a player were once again not willing to meet there true valuation and therefore have no hope of getting. But in a weird way he might be more attracted to Arsenal than City or Madrid right now were we to bid enough. I mean obviously City and Madrid are better clubs right now to be playing for but would he get the game time? At Arsenal were he to join he would be joining a club and manager with a prven record of giving young players game time and improving them and then selling them to other clubs when they reach there potential :mad:, but he could look on it that way.

It's an incredibly frustrating pattern of this summer so far.

tick tock...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yeh it looks like Arsenal bidding low for a player were once again not willing to meet there true valuation and therefore have no hope of getting. But in a weird way he might be more attracted to Arsenal than City or Madrid right now were we to bid enough. I mean obviously City and Madrid are better clubs right now to be playing for but would he get the game time? At Arsenal were he to join he would be joining a club and manager with a prven record of giving young players game time and improving them and then selling them to other clubs when they reach there potential :mad:, but he could look on it that way.

It's an incredibly frustrating pattern of this summer so far.

tick tock...............

I can't see us bidding 40 million for potential talent, when we would only go 1€ more for someone like Suarez. Would love to have him, but 40 million is obscene.

Most players are not worth the price they go for these days :) His ceiling is traitor (Götze) and Özil level though.

I would rather pay the money for ozil now though

Not saying he won't be great everything points that he will be

jester77 wrote: »
    I can't see us bidding 40 million for potential talent, when we would only go 1€ more for someone like Suarez. Would love to have him, but 40 million is obscene.

Not really but we have paid big money for potential many times before Walcott, Chamberlain, Reyes etc the market dictates the value. Right now that is his market value, besides the 40 million he would be a very Wenger like purchase.

Lamela has been described as not the finished product yet, how much did Spurs spend on him? Likewise Hazard/Oscar with Chelsea?

I' don't care how much we spend on a player as long as we buy the players we need screw what they cost, it's not my job or Wengers job as a manager to worry about the books, we have plenty of cash. Spend it.

Not really but we have paid big money for potential many times before Walcott, Chamberlain, Reyes etc the market dictates the value. Right now that is his market value, besides the 40 million he would be a very Wenger like purchase.

Lamela has been described as not the finished product yet, how much did Spurs spend on him? Likewise Hazard/Oscar with Chelsea?

I' don't care how much we spend on a player as long as we buy the players we need screw what they cost, it's not my job or Wengers job as a manager to worry about the books, we have plenty of cash. Spend it.

While I agree I so far agree with wengers approach, I was happy he went for Suarez over higauin

I'd be happy if he went for ozil over daxler

He just needs to finish these deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Speaking of them, wasn't there twitter hacked, why did they say chamakh is king or something like that.

While I agree I so far agree with wengers approach, I was happy he went for Suarez over higauin

I'd be happy if he went for ozil over daxler

He just needs to finish these deals

Well yeh I would prefer both of them aswell.

But his problem this summer has been chopping and changing targets bidding getting rejected and not going back with bigger bids. He has been way to indecisive.

In all honesty even if he does manage to pull of a shock move or two this window. The power still needs to be taken out of his hands and given to a director of football who Wenger hands a list of targets to and then they work on it. Bidding, value etc needs to be completely taken out of his hands altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Also, if its true that Levy is doing it to try and hurt us then there must be some truth in the RM players to us talk. He knows something.

Or maybe its all horsesh1t!

Real are playing tomorrow morning @ 11 so maybe that'll give an idea
    either way - starting or not - it'll cause rumours with those three

i wonder does Levy have the balls to keep him?
    He'd still get a good chunk of it next year anyway

& if you wanted to go really tinfoil hat, you could say he's stalling to cause more discontent amongst arsenal fans & the club/wenger & will hold out to 10:59:30 to send the registration :pac:

Well yeh I would prefer both of them aswell.

But his problem this summer has been chopping and changing targets bidding getting rejected and not going back with bigger bids. He has been way to indecisive.

In all honesty even if he does manage to pull of a shock move or two this window. The power still needs to be taken out of his hands and given to a director of football who Wenger hands a list of targets to and then they work on it. Bidding, value etc needs to be completely taken out of his hands altogether.

Yep I think he will pull it off

Also think they made a bit of a balls of the summer

So, even of he pulls it of a review of how we go about transfers is a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Draxler is going nowhere this summer

How do you know are you his agent or mate?

A club been offered 40 million would snap that up in a second. Just cause the player might not want to leave doesn't mean the club don't want the money.

Looper007 wrote: »
    How do you know are you his agent or mate?

A club been offered 40 million would snap that up in a second. Just cause the player might not want to leave doesn't mean the club don't want the money.

I'm his father actually.

Bless you if you genuinely think Aresnal will make the minimum bid to even entertain the thoughts of Schalke considering to sell him.
    "We certainly plan to continue with Julian, but if there is an offer of €70m lands on my desk, what could I say?" - Schalke general manager Horst Heldt
    Speaking earlier this month about his decision to turn down interest from overseas to sign a new contract at Schalke, Draxler said: "It was not an easy decision. You never know whether you will ever get such an offer again.

"In the end, I followed my heart and decided to remain at Schalke."

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Speaking of them, wasn't there twitter hacked, why did they say chamakh is king or something like that.

No. Chamakh is king.

No idea if they were hacked tbh..

I'm his father actually.

Bless you if you genuinely think Aresnal will make the minimum bid to even entertain the thoughts of Schalke considering to sell him.

I don't believe a word any modern day footballer comes out with. One week they love the club the next they are signing with another club.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't believe a word any modern day footballer comes out with. One week they love the club the next they are signing with another club.

Fine. Modern footballers = liars. I get that. You still have an issue with my comment as a whole despite the ball being very much in Schalke's court. €70M is the figure quoted in regards to being open to the idea of selling their most prized asset. Let's see if Arsenal go anywhere near that figure :)

And the thread is gone to shiit again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Fine. Modern footballers = liars. I get that. You still have an issue with my comment as a whole despite the ball being very much in Schalke's court. €70M is the figure quoted in regards to being open to the idea of selling their most prized asset. Let's see if Arsenal go anywhere near that figure :)

Schalke aren't serious about that price though.

If they are they may as well say 'he's just not for sale' because no club, even the oil rich mad ones are going to spend 70 million on a kid with potential.

Love the way people interpret it as Wenger being stingy. So you want to make Drexler the 4th/5th highest value player ever. Otherwise you're doing it wrong - yeah right!

He must be some 19 year old.

FearDark wrote: »
    And the thread is gone to shiit again.

Tends to when you're posting :D

Tends to when you're posting :D

Good one..

70 million :eek: you got to be kidding me he's not worth the 40 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm his father actually.

Well they would say that though wouldn't they? Seems a bit mental to think that they'd reject 40 million pounds for a player who isn't at his peak, and even more mental that Arsenal would offer it.

Probably just paper talk but links in with Geoff's tweet from the night before..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Heading over to the match 2moro. First time at the emirates so hopefully we get a good result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

iMuse wrote: »
    Heading over to the match 2moro. First time at the emirates so hopefully we get a good result :D

Enjoy it! Hope you get a lot to cheer about :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

FYI

1239848_10151690054192713_1893292680_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

danlen wrote: »
    FYI

1239848_10151690054192713_1893292680_n.jpg

Where did you see that? Not on their website, want to get me some of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement