Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Cabaye naturally on bench.
    I wonder. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Cabaye naturally on bench.
    I wonder. . .

Would you really want him at our club after his abysmal behaviour? Many present day footballers are brats in general but very few throw a wobbler and resort to strike. Worse then what Odemwinge done imo

Would you really want him at our club after his abysmal behaviour? Many present day footballers are brats in general but very few throw a wobbler and resort to strike. Worse then what Odemwinge done imo

fair point, and I agree with you.
    It's just that, from all the potential targets, he has the advantage of PL experience. Easier to fit in, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Where did you see that? Not on their website, want to get me some of that.

LINK

Note that it's for new PP accounts only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Reports HERE that the Draxler offer was €30m + Podolski

• Advertisement

fair point, and I agree with you.
    It's just that, from all the potential targets, he has the advantage of PL experience. Easier to fit in, I reckon.

True. Im thinking down the line though if PSG or Monaco offer him a wad load of cash is he going to do the same to Arsenal as he did to Newcastle? His position at NUFC either way at the present moment is untenable. He is a gonner but i dont know if i want him to be a Gunner

True. Im thinking down the line though if PSG or Monaco offer him a wad load of cash is he going to do the same to Arsenal as he did to Newcastle? His position at NUFC either way at the present moment is untenable. He is a gonner but i dont know if i want him to be a Gunner

You can never be sure. And with our team we have seen it happening time and time again.
    Two days left.
    Say, our potential targets are the 3-4 players from Real Madrid, Cabaye, Daxler and Damiao (if he is a target at all), I am thinking of 2-3 possible scenarios
    1.we buy from Real only. Combined offer for 2-3 players and that's it.
    2.we buy Daxler (quite expensive me thinks) and either Di Maria or Cabaye
    3.the whole Real or Daxler thing doesn't go through and we are left with Cabaye and maybe Kaka.
    For me, option 1 seems the best. The players we are linked from Real are tried and true.
    There is, of course, the "none of the above" scenario and the team remains as is, in which case my tune changes on Tuesday morning.
    I sincerely hope that Wenger surprises all and Monday night we are celebrating for the amazing newcomers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

danlen wrote: »
    LINK

Note that it's for new PP accounts only.

Cheers. Wouldn't have backed us at the odds that were being offered, but 6/1 is far too good to turn down. Pity there was a max bet of €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

iMuse wrote: »
    Heading over to the match 2moro. First time at the emirates so hopefully we get a good result :D

First match a NLD you lucky fcuker :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

handsfree wrote: »

Not all good players cost millions we need players like this too

Would you take Fabragas back tomorrow?? Because actually did it to our club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The ref Andrew Taylor who ripped us off when we played agaisn't villa. Is having a bit of a stinker at the Everton/Cardiff game.

Looper007 wrote: »
    The ref Andrew Taylor who ripped us off when we played agaisn't villa. Is having a bit of a stinker at the Everton/Cardiff game.

Was at the villa game

Now we wont blame him for all our short comings

But by god it was the worst performance I have ever seen by a ref

Soups123 wrote: »

Fabregas was a bit different. We kind of knew that at some point in his career he'd want to go back to Barca.

Fabregas was a bit different. We kind of knew that at some point in his career he'd want to go back to Barca.

He went on strike and refused to play......... apparently. Cabaye is in their squad today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jank wrote: »
    Why should we sing another CM? We have loads of them. We need SK or Winger
    He went on strike and refused to play......... apparently. Cabaye is in their squad today

from reading the Newcastle thread he has come on as a sub to a mixed reaction, some boos some muted applause. Would imagine he isn't Arsenal's top transfer target in that position and PSGs interest hasn't materialised in the form of a bid so although it's obvious his intention is to leave SJP unless Arsenal come back in with a bid sharpish he has to start playing again if only to win back the Newcastle fans and sure even if you do bid again it's good that he is playing and match fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pardew on whether Cabaye is staying after his 1st game "It doesn't mean he's staying because the window is staying open until 11pm on Monday"
    Sounds somewhat encouraging, probably arsene leaving it to last day to drive down the price. to be honest its hard to stay positive anymore and beginning to think we wont sign anyone, which is extremely worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Heard somewhere that Newcastle are looking for 15m for him now. That's somewhat lower than the 20m that was spouted last week.

Wengers either going to look a genius or a deluded old man come tuesday i feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

While I'm not exactly against Cabaye it wouldn't excite me either, he not exactly what we need class wise or positional wise. Be a bit baffled if we sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

While I'm not exactly against Cabaye it wouldn't excite me either, he not exactly what we need class wise or positional wise. Be a bit baffled if we sign him.

Hopefully he's 2nd or 3rd choice if others don't come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Yeah, well covered there. Knowing Wenger he would end up out on the left wing! With Flamini in I'd be shocked of we signed to be honest.

This chamak fella looks good
    A sneaky 20m bid on Monday should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

This chamak fella looks good
    A sneaky 20m bid on Monday should do it

Chamakh would really help our team but Arsenal don't have the balls to pay 20m for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Chamakh would really help our team but Arsenal don't have the balls to pay 20m for him.

We'd probably offer 15 coz we know they won't sell

greendom wrote: »
    Hopefully he's 2nd or 3rd choice if others don't come off.

Maybe but positiion wise he is just not what we need at all, I still can't figure out why we even bid in the first place we don't need him.

I'd understand a small bit were he a CF, LW, CB a DM but he play in the one area of the pitch were we are well stocked on players.

Just found out I'll be working tomorrow overtime so will be missing the days football not the same watching it on the phone were the screen is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just in from a round of golf and went through the previous pages thinking there might have been a transfer. Silly me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Draxler would be the absolute **** for arsenal, especially with the way they play, the types of players around him but as has been said he's one of the hottest prospects (I don't even think he is a prospect anymore, just a sure thing) in europe and if it's true he turned down city and real then there's absolutely no chance!

• Advertisement

Plus he is playing right now for Schalke, which wouldn't be a good sign either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maybe but positiion wise he is just not what we need at all, I still can't figure out why we even bid in the first place we don't need him.

I'd understand a small bit were he a CF, LW, CB a DM but he play in the one area of the pitch were we are well stocked on players.

Just found out I'll be working tomorrow overtime so will be missing the days football not the same watching it on the phone were the screen is tiny.

he can tackle so I presumed he would play the Arteta role. Not a DM but until the Flamini signing I thought Arsene had gone off the idea of a dedicated player for that role. He would improve our dead ball delivery too.

My ideal line-up for tomorrow:

Chesney

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Mertesacker
    Gibbs

Flamini

Ramsey

Wilshere

Walcott
    Cazorla
    Giroud

That's the last time I ****ing use this ****ing format.

EDIT: Oh, it worked out pretty cool :)

My ideal line-up for tomorrow:

Chesney

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Mertesacker
    Gibbs

Flamini

Ramsey

Wilshere

Walcott
    Cazorla
    Giroud

That's the last time I ****ing use this ****ing format.

EDIT: Oh, it worked out pretty cool :)

agreed, gives the option of bringing on the creativity of rosicky if things arent going our way, only game changer on the bench.

Raf32 wrote: »
    agreed, gives the option of bringing on the creativity of rosicky if things arent going our way, only game changer on the bench.

Indeed. I also hate to have to put Cazorla on the left but the only way I'd appease is if Rosicky goes on the left and Cazorla replaces Wilshere.

Obviously Wilshere is a gem but Cazorla is more effective in that position.

Rosicky, though, can really start a game and cost us momentum instantly if he's not switched on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would drop Jack for Rosicky myself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Flamini surely won't start?

See the club has stopped an organised flag display, which isn't going down to well at all. They really know how to rile the fans up.

My patience is wearing thin but biting my lip till the window closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

That higuan saga seems like a distant bad dream at this stage.

Flamini surely won't start?

I think he should.

Wenger has said that he is extremely fit at the moment and he is the only defensive minded midfielder in our team. We could be carved open by Spurs tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I think he should.

Wenger has said that he is extremely fit at the moment and he is the only defensive minded midfielder in our team. We could be carved open by Spurs tomorrow.

Plug the hole. We need some defensive balance in the centre and he will provide that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would drop Jack for Rosicky myself.

Completely agree. Jack still lacking sharpness, it will come back but it could be a wee while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wilshere just tweeted asking people to vote for Shane Tracey to be on the Irish cover of FIFA 14!

Wenger on goalkeeper situation: "This position is not completely closed yet."
    Thank god

Raf32 wrote: »
    Thank god

That been taken out of context read the other day he meant a third choice keeper because he wasnt so sure on promoting Martinez.

That been taken out of context read the other day he meant a third choice keeper because he wasnt so sure on promoting Martinez.

ah right, knew it was too good to be true.

handsfree wrote: »

Norwegians have always adapted well to the Premier league and English football in general. This guy is a full international and would come very cheap at the reported price. And can play centre back. Why pay gazillions when you dont have to either to be fair.

Jenks for example only cost 2m and while his development has a bit to go yet he is showing enormous potential especially after his PL debut being part of the 8-2 drubbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Couple of tweets here

1. Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 1h
      Kaka very much a holding option if they can't get main focus.
    2. Hertsmere-20110102-00271_normal.jpgDarren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 1h
      Arsenal also make a offer to Kaka on a 1 year loan deal only.

Expand
    3. Hertsmere-20110102-00271_normal.jpgDarren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 1h
      Told we have gone all out for Draxler tonight pushing to try and get the selling club to a) agree to sell b) agree a price.

Really though? I do think we were more than prepared to sell at that point to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would love Kaka being honest , He'll be massivley motivated going into a World Cup Year and a World Cup in Brazil no less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Norwegians have always adapted well to the Premier league and English football in general. This guy is a full international and would come very cheap at the reported price. And can play centre back. Why pay gazillions when you dont have to either to be fair.

Jenks for example only cost 2m and while his development has a bit to go yet he is showing enormous potential especially after his PL debut being part of the 8-2 drubbing.

Aye, nothing wrong with a 24 year old backup defender.

Can't understand why people want to go screwing with our first choice CB pairing when for the first time since the invincibles, it's beginning to look promising.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement