Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Would love Kaka being honest , He'll be massivley motivated going into a World Cup Year and a World Cup in Brazil no less

WAs saying no all along, then realised the World Cup

Would def sign him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gosplan wrote: »
    Aye, nothing wrong with a 24 year old backup defender.

Can't understand why people want to go screwing with our first choice CB pairing when for the first time since the invincibles, it's beginning to look promising.

Agreed leave back four and goalkeeper alone, sign some strength in dpeth there and class further up the field.
    WAs saying no all along, then realised the World Cup

Would def sign him now

He is free so I certainly wouldn't say no but would you take him or Draxler?

I'd have Draxler fcuk the money I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just under 50 hours to go and still nobody :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I have faith

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 8m I also believe we have agreed a fee for at least one of the Madrid 3. I could lie and say I know which one,but alas I'm not 100% so I wont..

Please please let there be some absolutely sky splitting sun at the end of this tunnel we call the summer transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 3m
    I also believe we have agreed a fee for at least one of the Madrid 3. I could lie and say I know which one,but alas I'm not 100% so I wont..

The issue is not fee or wages but desire of player to agree to the move. Let's hope we are attractive enough.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 51s
    As far as I have been told Arsenal fans - fee agreed for this big name player and now its down to player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wilshere just tweeted asking people to vote for Shane Tracey to be on the Irish cover of FIFA 14!

Be so nice to have a Limerick FC player on a FIFA cover albeit the Superblues won't be in the top tier for long if we don't pick up a few wins. Suppose Shane's former days at Arsenal and his sister being there helps matter when it comes to getting the best young English player tweeting you support :)

On a side note, I'm going to have gone made by 11pm Monday night, our squad is so thin .... so little time .... :confused:

Seems things are hotting up

Wenger is making his move

gosplan wrote: »
    Aye, nothing wrong with a 24 year old backup defender.

Can't understand why people want to go screwing with our first choice CB pairing when for the first time since the invincibles, it's beginning to look promising.

But you need lads capable of challenging our first choice centre backs all the same. Thats the idea of squad dynamics. The ideal squad never sits still and there is always competition for places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I also believe we have agreed a fee for at least one of the Madrid 3. I could lie and say I know which one,but alas I'm not 100% so I wont..

The issue is not fee or wages but desire of player to agree to the move. Let's hope we are attractive enough.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 51s
    As far as I have been told Arsenal fans - fee agreed for this big name player and now its down to player

Excitement levels rising :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Draxler, Di Maria and Cabaye. Still leaves us short upfront and in goal in my opinion.

Seems things are hotting up

Wenger is making his move

But the Madrid 3 have made it clear they don't want to leave and we will never pay 60 million for draxler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think the closure it gets without anything looking likely the bigger the signings are going to be.

Or I'm losing my fcukin marbles

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon it's Di Maria. Saw a tweet earlier saying he said he didn't know where he'll be playing next week.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Draxler, Di Maria and Cabaye. Still leaves us short upfront and in goal in my opinion.

Fcuk it if we got them 3 I'd happily go in goals my self or stick Bendtner in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

But the Madrid 3 have made it clear they don't want to leave and we will never pay 60 million for draxler.

On probability I would say its Di Maria. Kaka not cutting it any more IMO, could be because he does not get enough game time?

Yep it's about convincing this players now

**** im getting excited , but jesus my nerves have been through the ringer the last 2 weeks since the season started almost went back on the cigs and all can't wait for Tuesday so its all over and done either way, But also tomorows game despite it being the 3rd is HUGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's gonna be a massive Monday. Squad is so thin that we cannot let it close without making a number of purchases. It has to happen. I just hope that the quallity of the new arrivals will be good enough to make us challengers.

Can I let myself get excited again?

Been let down so many times.

• Advertisement

Yeh but do Madrid want them ;), that the more important question.

Plus I'd say Draxler could be got for less than 60 million, just like Suarez could have been got for less than 60 million had we pushed a bit harder and bid a bit more.
    Mr.Micro wrote: »
    On probability I would say its Di Maria. Kaka not cutting it any more IMO, could be because he does not get enough game time?

Kaka isn't one of the Madrid three ;), the Madrid three are Di Maria, Benzema and Ozil. Kaka is available on a free.

Of all the players at Madrid I'd say Di Maria is more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I wouldn't get excited about Draxler (almost 100% won't arrive), everyone else though :P

Can I let myself get excited again?

Been let down so many times.

Keep them feetfirmly on the ground best off for your own sanity ;).

Anyone know if Ian Abrahams is reliable? He's off talksport.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 27m Arsenal fans - as I understand it, the club are working on several signings with 1 big name expected at The Emirates, more details later

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 18m
    I dont know exactly which one is all but done Di Maria, Draxler or Kaka, but all 3 of those are in the frame

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 5m
    I am told that Arsenal will not announce any of the signings until after tomorrow's North London Derby, probably Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 27m Arsenal fans - as I understand it, the club are working on several signings with 1 big name expected at The Emirates, more details later

I dont know exactly which one is all but done Di Maria, Draxler or Kaka, but all 3 of those are in the frame

I am told that Arsenal will not announce any of the signings until after tomorrow's North London Derby, probably Monday

looks like he is just copying darren tweets so say he is full of it.

TheGunns wrote: »
    I wouldn't get excited about Draxler (almost 100% won't arrive), everyone else though :P

Only almost ;)

As Lloyd Christmas said "So your telling me there's a chance.....yeah!!!"

Pretty reliable but he's usually last with Transfer news so if hes saying it things must be fairly advanced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

That Guilavogui guy we were linked with is apparently on his way to Atletico:

@mohamedbouhafsi: #Guilavogui n’est plus ds le groupe pour le match de #ASSE demain ! Il va s'engager avc l'#AtleticoMadrid http://t.co/g0uzooybIc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I'm going to go back to rocking back and forth in the corner of this dark room and see y'all at 22.59pm GMT Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Only almost ;)

As Lloyd Christmas said "So your telling me there's a chance.....yeah!!!"

I'll never say never ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I'm going to go back to rocking back and forth in the corner of this dark room and see y'all at 22.59pm GMT Monday!

If you hear a loud rattling noise jump out of the way quickly.
    It will be a fast moving trolley.

• Advertisement

And ya know something even if we do come out of this smelling of roses ..Wenger needs help in future this window has been a debacle of the highest order

Monday will be fun

But lets not forget the small matter of the NLD tomorrow

Transfer talked should be banished from this thread from about 2 until 7 tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Can't wait for the match tomorrow. Gonna be in the pub early for the Mancs v Pool first, going there with my Spurs mates so should be brilliant when we win :D

Moose saying that Di Maria deal could be done with bids in for a Striker, Midfielder and a GK (poss Cesar) O_o

Moose saying that Di Maria deal could be done with bids in for a Striker, Midfielder and a GK (poss Cesar) O_o

Who's the Moose?

Hard to know what way to set up tomorrow. I'm worried we could get overrun in midfield.

Ian Abrahams of Talk Sport on Twitter

Kaka isn't one of the Madrid three ;), the Madrid three are Di Maria, Benzema and Ozil. Kaka is available on a free.

Of all the players at Madrid I'd say Di Maria is more likely.

That is what I said.
    Arsenal have added Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler, 19, and Real Madrid's 31-year-old forward Kaka, who wants to leave the Spanish club, to their transfer target list.

Should we make that the Madrid 4 ? :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Where is all this Kaka talk come from?

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Where is all this Kaka talk come from?

It's all over the place, reports saying 4 clubs are in for him United, Arsenal and two other non EPL clubs being linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Loving the excitement in here.

Must say that I'm excited too.

Wenger isn't the type of man to blatantly embarrass himself. He says we will buy special players. I believe him.

I'd skip tomorrow if it weren't the big game.

Hard to know what way to set up tomorrow. I'm worried we could get overrun in midfield.

That first day out v Villa there was just too much space there for them to run into and exploit that i just think they wouldnt have with Arteta on the field. I hope Ramsey and Wilshere can protect that back 4 and throw caution to the wind

Sure Real don't need a team now they have Spurs :D

It's all over the place, reports saying 4 clubs are in for him United, Arsenal and two other non EPL clubs being linked.

They can keep him. He's a complete hasbeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Sure Real don't need a team now they have Spurs :D

I spat out my water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That's a bit unfair.. I think Wenger could get a lot out of him.

Yeah can ya imagine Cazorla coming off after tormenting Vidic and Ferdinand for 70 mins to have Kaka coming on and killing them for the last 20 mins .....dreamland :D

For whatever reason it just didnt work for him at Madrid but i think he is a gem of a player. Could still be an asset to any club and as a poster suggested especially with it being World Cup year. At a small price and if he met us half way with his wages I think he would be a steal

That first day out v Villa there was just too much space there for them to run into and exploit that i just think they wouldnt have with Arteta on the field. I hope Ramsey and Wilshere can protect that back 4 and throw caution to the wind
    Early booking for Wilshere is a cert if he plays deep.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair.. I think Wenger could get a lot out of him.

Not 90 minutes tbh :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement