Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Early booking for Wilshere is a cert if he plays deep.

I think paulinho is key

He makes some great late runs

Will wilshere and Ramsey be disiplined to cover it very time

I don't think so

Early booking for Wilshere is a cert if he plays deep.

Thats the other side of it to be fair. Maybe Ramsey would be best to stay there but he has to keep his discipline because if he roams once they have players who can murder us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For whatever reason it just didnt work for him at Madrid but i think he is a gem of a player. Could still be an asset to any club and as a poster suggested especially with it being World Cup year. At a small price and if he met us half way with his wages I think he would be a steal

He's meant to be available on a free transfer ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Thought Kaka was the right side of 30 there for some reason till i looked it up.

At 31, having lost his pace and not played well in a few years, you can't see him doing well in the Premiership.

He's meant to be available on a free transfer ;).

Wow its amazing considering he was the World Record transfer back in 09 for a few weeks and previously the subject of a £108m bid from Man City in January 2009.
    I think he could still well do the business for us especially in the Champions league where the tempo is that bit slower

I hope we he di maria over draxler

I won't world class now not in two years

gosplan wrote: »
    Thought Kaka was the right side of 30 there for some reason till i looked it up.

At 31, having lost his pace and not played well in a few years, you can't see him doing well in the Premiership.

Kaka lets the ball do the work though. On a free and if he agreed to a wage cut i think he'd be a fairly low risk transfer

I hope we he di maria over draxler

I won't world class now not in two years

Draxler looks the biz though. I think he'd take the Premiership by storm to be honest.

Draxler looks the biz though. I think he'd take the Premiership by storm to be honest.

Maybe and I have no doubt he will be a better player in a couple of years I just think for now do Maria is a better fit

I also think we will bid for Suarez again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Some of tomorrow's stories:

Mirror - Arsenal's Wenger refuses to EVER work with a director of football on transfers
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-arsene-wenger-wont-director-2241245#ixzz2daNBAp3O

Guardian - Arsène Wenger sticks to guns over his running of the Arsenal team
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/31/arsenal-wenger-tottenham-derby

Mirror - Arsenal plot to hijack Jefferson Montero's transfer to Cardiff if all else fails
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-jefferson-montero-cardiff-2240934#ixzz2daNguIpn

• Advertisement

Thats the other side of it to be fair. Maybe Ramsey would be best to stay there but he has to keep his discipline because if he roams once they have players who can murder us.
    That's the thing. Rosicky and Ramsey as a 2 playing deep maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Simply having a player with the ability and class of kaka in the squad would be a huge boost to our lads. Yes injury has ruined him, but his creativity would add lots to our play. On a free, probably looking for a decent wage 5m a year or so and a one or two year deal, I'd be very interested.

That's the thing. Rosicky and Ramsey as a 2 playing deep maybe?

Mozart is a good tackler so that could work. We have Flamster and Frimmy on the bench if all else fails :)

Maybe and I have no doubt he will be a better player in a couple of years I just think for now do Maria is a better fit

I also think we will bid for Suarez again

Chippy seemed to think the Suarez thing is still up in the air and to be honest what goes on inside football is always contrasting to what they say in the media. Suarez has now seen us qualify for the CL so may get the itchiness back in the feet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

anyone have a link to the Fifa 14 vote Fabergas was on about? thats my mate he's trying to get on the cover! didnt know they knew each other properly from his time at Arsenal

Mozart is a good tackler so that could work. We have Flamster and Frimmy on the bench if all else fails :)

Tell him to stay the **** back if that's where he's being played, he can be lazy tracking back at times. Not looking forward to the match at all to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

@gunnerblog: Cardiff were told yesterday that Montero was Arsenal-bound. Fee circa £3m. Assume it's back-up for other deals, but hardly inspiring.

There's your backup if Draxler/Di Maria doesn't work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just get both lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Out of all the names mentioned we will sign Monterro and the Norwegian RB, typical Wenger :mad:

• Advertisement

iMuse wrote: »
    Out of all the names mentioned we will sign Monterro and the Norwegian RB, typical Wenger :mad:

And both might turn out excellent acquisitions. Alot of the market is over inflated to be honest. Would feel alot better about a 5m signing not working out then a 40m signing flopping. Torres for example hasn't done half as much as his fee suggested.

Dont get me wrong we should sign class but i can guarantee that these lads we're after on the cheap are courted by many other clubs.

If Bale is worth nearly 90m then if you were to put the 2000-2006 version of Thierry Henry who was 10 times the player i might add, into a modern context then what would he be worth?

a billion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

all these names coming flying out on the eve of this massive game, my head is going to explode :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

found it. Former Arsenal lad and my mate (his sister played for Arsenal ladies too) Shane Tracy is in the vote to get on the Fifa 14 cover with Messi if anyone wants to vote for him

http://extratime.ie/promotion/fifa14-cover-promotion/

robert pires ‏@piresrobert7 37s
    Last night in Greece. Tomorrow big game for Arsenal! Come on guys !
    How'd we all love to have a player like him out there tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    How'd we all love to have a player like him out there tomorrow!

That was a funny story about him turning out for a local amateur team in Greece during the week :D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2013/aug/27/robert-pires-spotted-greek-football-match-scores-video

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Okay off the bed, up about 10, walk the dog, grab the paper, stick on a few superquinn sausages, watch the Pool V Utd whilst having a read, send the missus of to her ma's for dinner about 3 pop the first of a Guinness 6 pack , **** out the nerves (and the sausages), have a quick look at the match thread and then kick off............... Love it

Soups123 wrote: »
    Okay off the bed, up about 10, walk the dog, grab the paper, stick on a few superquinn sausages, watch the Pool V Utd whilst having a read, send the missus of to her ma's for dinner about 3 pop the first of a Guinness 6 pack , **** out the nerves (and the sausages), have a quick look at the match thread and then kick off............... Love it

And dont forget to have the transfer centre tab on your laptop ;) Plenty of F5'ing will be done between this and Monday at 11pm (perhaps even slightly beyond)

greendom wrote: »

Hope not. I dont like his attitude and i think he'd 'Roon'* our good positive dressing room dynamic

*Gets coat

Swear I'm not jealous I'm up at 6 to go to work for overtime. Which ill be working 7 a.m till 7p.m :(. Will be recording the match but not sure if I can hold out or avoid results till I get home, so may end up watching the match on the worlds smallest screen without commentary on my phone in work :(. Your plan for the day sounds a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Simply having a player with the ability and class of kaka in the squad would be a huge boost to our lads. Yes injury has ruined him, but his creativity would add lots to our play. On a free, probably looking for a decent wage 5m a year or so and a one or two year deal, I'd be very interested.

He effectively finished up as a footballer 2 years ago for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Swear I'm not jealous I'm up at 6 to go to work for overtime. Which ill be working 7 a.m till 7p.m :(. Will be recording the match but not sure if I can hold out or avoid results till I get home, so may end up watching the match on the worlds smallest screen without commentary on my phone in work :(. Your plan for the day sounds a lot better.

Ouch, work sucks especially on Sundays. I've a good feeling about tomorrow more confident than any recent NLD, if I was you I'd watch the phone

Ouch, work sucks especially on Sundays. I've a good feeling about tomorrow more confident than any recent NLD, if I was you I'd watch the phone

Sure does no doubt ill be cursing myself tomorrow for agreeing to do it. I hope your right aswell I'm a bit confident myself Spurs haven't looked great so far anyway and have fiver on Arsenal to win 3-1 at 13-1.

Probably will watch it on the phone be to tempted to see whats going on and to hard to avoid updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hope not. I dont like his attitude and i think he'd 'Roon'* our good positive dressing room dynamic

*Gets coat

He would transform our attacking options - think he'd be brilliant. Anyway I see that rumour doesn't suit, how about this one...?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-chelseas-juan-mata-2241870

Id be astonished if we got Draxler, but would burst with happiness.

He's absolutely magnificent, a beast of an attacking midfielder.

He's in the Gundongan/Bender level of ability, i.e. top quality.

Tomorrow, we will beat Spurs.

Im quite confident.

Not a single top club was in for a single one of their purchases.

They lost the worlds third best player, and have tried to fill the void with a load of players well below that level, in a 'throw enough sh1t that the wall' strategy'.

Tomorrow will come too early for them to have gelled, in any event. 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

He would transform our attacking options - think he'd be brilliant. Anyway I see that rumour doesn't suit, how about this one...?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-chelseas-juan-mata-2241870

Nothing but soliciting for clicks that one.

I hate saying this and god forbid but dont get why everyone being so cocky, i do think we will win but what happens if giroud goes off after 20 minutes? arent we in massive trouble then?

Rooney is a super player and a super passer no doubt but i worry about his whole attitude.

Mata would be an amazing coup. Could happen because his father/agent was at the Emirates midweek and he hasn't played for the last two games as far as im aware.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I hate saying this and god forbid but dont get why everyone being so cocky, i do think we will win but what happens if giroud goes off after 20 minutes? arent we in massive trouble then?

Greatest player in the world on the bench ;)....be grand :pac:

nicklas-bendtner.jpg

meriwether wrote: »

Im quite confident.

They lost the worlds third best player, and have tried to fill the void with a load of players well below that level, in a 'throw enough sh1t that the wall' strategy'.

I was agreeing with you up until that point, he is a class player but I could name quite a few players I'd take in my team before Bale and he's not even near the level of Messi or Ronaldo.

I do like your guess on the score though ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Greatest player in the world on the bench ;)....be grand :pac:

nicklas-bendtner.jpg

How many others on the bench have scored the winner in a NLD before? He's gonna do the business this season I'm tellin ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Im quite confident.

I call bullsh1t on that part sorry mate

How many others on the bench have scored the winner in a NLD before? He's gonna do the business this season I'm tellin ye!

Ade?;) we will be fine lol in the battle of the lazy overpaid primadonnas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

davycc wrote: »
    Ade?;) we will be fine lol in the battle of the lazy overpaid primadonnas:D

I knew some smart arse would pipe up!

I remember that header back in 2007 and it was a cracker tbf. He rose so high. If Bendtner could only keep his feet someway on the ground he would have been a very decent player for us. Instead his delusions clouded any chance of him realising his flaws (which were obvious to every one else) and prevented him from addressing these flaws

I call bullsh1t on that part sorry mate

Apology accepted.

What top clubs did spurs fight off for any of the signings?

Madrid? Barca? Munich? United? Chelsea? Dortmund? City? PSG?

Do tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Excellant!!
    Its Sunday morning already on this side of the world but have to wait another 13 hours for the match. :( 1 AM kick off time. Going to have to suffer through many renditions of YNWA in the place where I am going to watch this match. Ugh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

jank wrote: »
    Excellant!!
    Its Sunday morning already on this side of the world but have to wait another 13 hours for the match. :( 1 AM kick off time. Going to have to suffer through many renditions of YNWA in the place where I am going to watch this match. Ugh!

I know the feeling. When I was away oh how I longed for a super Sunday down at the local with all the shenanigans that go with it. Watching matches at 1,2 and 3am in the morning at home just isnt the same, I wanna share my ROARS at the TV with people!!

Apology accepted.

What top clubs did spurs fight off for any of the signings?

Madrid? Barca? Munich? United? Chelsea? Dortmund? City? PSG?

Do tell.

Well it would appear ironic considering you couldnt even beat little Napoili for Higuain;)
    Or Liverpool for bite-merchant Suarez:D
    Or Gustavo went to relegation fodder Wolfsburg etc;).

I can see the bids for Draxler Ozil & the other RM lads etc all going the same way.

Sanogo & Flamini so far but have faith as Gallas & Bentley are both currently free agents knocking around london with time on their hands & would add some much needed depth,steel & in Gallas case Leadership:cool:

but getting back to your original point#;Not a single top club was in for a single one of their purchases.

Well in Eriksens case at least Dortmund & AC Milan ,megarich russian oil/mafia & Cryuff himself said about Eriksens transfer to Spurs that its he understands its not all about the money of other clubs bigger bids ,its about him joining the right club for his progression;) & Im assuming Cryuff knows even more about it than us mere mortals here on Boards:D

In Capoues: Arsenal ,Cardiff:D, liverpool & even Barca all rumoured.

Cahdl:i it was Shaktar Donesk & liverpool

Lamela: it was Arsenal, Napoli

Vlad Chiriches: Chelski, & Man City after him.a clone of Verts but right footed:cool:

Soldado : Chelsea , Arsenal, Liverpool.

Paulinho : Inter Milan, Chelsea.

Willian :the one that thankfully got away nothing but a merc/whore but sure he has same bloodsucking agent as Tevez so a bullet dodged IMHO.
    All about the $$$$ looking at his previous transfers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

;):D;):cool:;):D:D:cool:

Feck off with your smilies!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement