Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jonny666 wrote: »
    Is any one else worried about spending 40 million on Draxler? I know I shouldn't give a toss about money but 40million seems excessive.

Yep I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

If anyone's looking for recipes for today's match, then send a PM my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

greendom wrote: »
    Just because you've not heard of him doesn't mean no-one else has; looks like he's a replacement for Mannone and as 3rd/4th choice Italian keeper that's a definite upgrade

What a load of garbage. We need to buy established players not "make do" ones that we have bought for the past 8 years. Why dya think we cleared out the majority of deadwood already this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Sergio wrote: »
    What a load of garbage. We need to buy established players not "make do" ones that we have bought for the past 8 years. Why dya think we cleared out the majority of deadwood already this season!

Viviano is an established keeper though. Played first team football for Fiorentina last year when he was on loan, and played well. He'll get game time this season, won't be marked as a 3rd rate keeper. It's much better to have keepers of all the same level? Have them each compete for their game time, that raises the drive to keep the ball out of the goal.

Look at Abbiati, he was 32 when he became a starter for Milan. I rate Viviano as a good keeper, much much better than Mannone, and will put pressure on both Szcesney and Fabianski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sergio wrote: »

AW sees Szezcney as our no 1. We only have 2 1st team keepers and needed a 3rd. One man's sensible option is another's garbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

meriwether wrote: »
    Did you essentially make all that up?

Arsenal were in for Lamela? How much did they bid?

Arsenal were in for Soldado? How much did they bid?

Arsenal were in for Capoue? How much did they bid?

Well you said that not a SINGLE TOP CLUB was in for ONE of our signings & in Eriksens case I have proved your comment incorrect without a doubt.

In regards Lamela, Soldado & Capoue the other teams offers/interests all came from newspaper articles so I would take them in that context.

Could be no smoke without fire like the Bale rumours , then again could just be tabloids making up rumours to sell their rags..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Can't believe Liverpool are getting Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

davycc wrote: »
    Well you said that not a SINGLE TOP CLUB was in for ONE of our signings & in Eriksens case I have proved your comment incorrect without a doubt.

In regards Lamela, Soldado & Capoue the other teams offers/interests all came from newspaper articles so I would take them in that context.

Could be no smoke without fire like the Bale rumours , then again could just be tabloids making up rumours to sell their rags..

The fact is that you overpaid for all your signings, and ye all think ye have it made without seeing how they settle in. Some or all of them could be flops, but ye think just getting them through the gates of WHL was enough. Many a player has come to the EPL with good pedigree and reputation and have left on free transfers after a few years of not being able to cut it.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, and certainly don't come in here spouting shíte, because them unhatched chickens could end up egg on your face like it did for so many of your friends last year. Ye were gifted a forum by Boards, maybe go spout your bile in their, I'm sure you'll have a much more receptive audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

i really think we will end up with suarez come monday night

as i said before, surely if suarez changed his mind and is in fact staying 1 more season at liverpool, both him and pool would have been very public about the u-turn (since suarez was very public about wanting to leave in the first place) and either him and/or brendan rodgers would have made a statement to clarify everything to the liverpool fans

watching the liverpool united game now, all liverpools players that are unavailable today, except suarez could be seen together watching the game including Moses. since sturridge is doing so well this year and after bringing in moses as backup i can see pool giving into suarez and letting him go

fair enough wenger said we won't get him and the deal is dead but he said that about arteta and we signed him a few days later. suarez will leave and it's 50/50 between us a madrid. madrid should be satisfied enough this summer with getting bale in. another slightly higher bid for suarez should do it. add di maria and cabaye to that and happy days

we will see tomorrow anyhow. can't fooking wait for this game later :P COYG

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    The fact is that you overpaid for all your signings, and ye all think ye have it made without seeing how they settle in. Some or all of them could be flops, but ye think just getting them through the gates of WHL was enough. Many a player has come to the EPL with good pedigree and reputation and have left on free transfers after a few years of not being able to cut it.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, and certainly don't come in here spouting shíte, because them unhatched chickens could end up egg on your face like it did for so many of your friends last year. Ye were gifted a forum by Boards, maybe go spout your bile in their, I'm sure you'll have a much more receptive audience.

I was just repling to Meriweathers original post claiming not a single top club was in for one of our new signings...In Eriksens case its soo easy to see he was wrong & thats all there is to it....instead of aggreeing he was wrong about Eriksen at least he just childishly deflects the attention away asking me did I make up my post..

No offence meant to any of ye here I was just trying to inform Meriweather the truth:cool:..

I know the new players need time to gel & we have overspent on a couple but have genuine bargains in Vlad,Capoue & Eriksens case..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guilavogui deal might not be dead yet:

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6min Josuha Guilavogui has completed his medical at Atletico Madrid but will not sign yet. Arsenal have made contact!

Link: https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/374141753252909056

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 14min Arsenal have renewed contact with Saint Etienne for fee negotiations for Josuha Guilavogui this morning.

Link: https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/374142437675257857

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Excitement level: High

@GeoffArsenal: Very very close to a "Top Top Quality" German International that you will be delighted with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Let's all think positive over this one and it might happen!! Fingers crossed!

Draxler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Watching the Liverpool/United match and I'm still wondering why Liverpool refused to sell Suarez. Rodgers has bought very well and another £40m would have helped push Liverpool on even more. We'd be better off with Suarez, they'd be better off with the two/three players he would have signed with the money had he the time. Everybody wins. If they sell Suarez now, they wont have time to replace him and will be worse off. A rare occasion in which holding on to your top player could leave them worse off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Excitement level: High

@GeoffArsenal: Very very close to a "Top Top Quality" German International that you will be delighted with.
    Draxler!

DC ‏@DLDN22 now
    @GeoffArsenal: Very very close to a "Top Top Quality" German International that you will be delighted with.”

It's not Draxler :)

Trying not to raise my own expectations..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has to be Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ozil, Draxler, Bender? Can't think of any past them..

AdamD wrote: »
    DC ‏@DLDN22 now
    @GeoffArsenal: Very very close to a "Top Top Quality" German International that you will be delighted with.”

Podolski will be like a new signing when he's back.

AdamD wrote: »
    DC ‏@DLDN22 now

Why is it not!?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has to be Ozil.

I'm thinking the same. Taken off during the week and on the subs bench today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Jens Lehmann?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil, Draxler, Bender? Can't think of any past them..

That's my guess.

Lets hope we win today so this German will want to come and seal the deal!

Sagna not starting?

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 20s
    Arsenal team to play Tottenham: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud #SSN
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 25s
    Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Sagna, Monreal, Flamini, Zelalem, Gnabry, Sanogo
    Expand

Sagna not starting?

Might need a rest. Jenkinson will be grand anyway, Koscielny and Mert in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sagna ill, on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sagna not starting?

Wenger trying to disguise how weak the bench is maybe.

That's a poor bench, options there if we need to defend a lead but we're buggered for attacking options.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's a poor bench, options there if we need to defend a lead but we're buggered for attacking options.

Very attack minded team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Very attack minded team.

Yup, you'd love more options on the bench but moving Caz central would be a pretty good attacking switch if one is needed.

Isn't there suspicion geoff works for arsenals pr team?

Would make sense releasing this one hour before kick off knowing if we loose this game its chaos in the emirates.

Very attack minded team.

Absolutely, on paper our first 11 looks much better than spuds. Lets hope that rings true :)

United badly need an ozil type player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

spuds team?

darego wrote: »
    spuds team?

No one knows. Not even the players as they're all only in the door themselves.

spuds team?

Off to Madrid last i heard :pac:

spuds team?

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 6m
    Here's our team - Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Paulinho; Townsend, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado. #THFC

And our subs - Erik Lamela is on the bench - Friedel, Naughton, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Defoe. #THFC #COYS

no Kaboul as played 90 on thurs night coming back from injury
    no Eriksen as not signed in time sadly..

I opened a new NLD thread & please make yourselves at home lads:)

• Advertisement

Sneaky bid for skrtel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

nervous wreck here, off now, see you all on the other side!

I hate PSG.

@GFN_France: Cadena Ser: PSG have made an offer for Real Madrid's Mesut Ozil they claim. #PSG #RMCF

I hate PSG.

@GFN_France: Cadena Ser: PSG have made an offer for Real Madrid's Mesut Ozil they claim. #PSG #RMCF

Lets be honest once its made clear he is free to leave Madrid, teams will be lining up for him and we wouldn't stand a chance, I expect united to bid big for him.

Giroud's league goals:
    1st season at Tours: 9 in 23
    2nd season at Tours: 21 in 38

1st season at Montpellier: 12 in 37
    2nd season at Montpellier: 21 in 36

1st season at Arsenal: 11 in 34
    2nd season at Arsenal 3 in 3

There's a pattern :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I'm in a boozer in spain watching the game on my own with a load of spuds fans. Im getting fairly pickled, as I've been here most of the day.

This may not end well.

• Advertisement

Wenger Out!!!

:D

Doesn't fix all the issues, but it's nice wallpaper over the cracks for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

flamini was good today. no complaints about that signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

After that game Im feeling better about tipping Arsenal for the league and always sticking to the fact Giroud is class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Great team effort! What a fight !

Laurent Koscienly was a man mountain

Authorities are expected to expand their search for Roberto Soldado, last seen very deep in the Frenchman's back pocket.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement