Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wenger: "I am ready to pay what we can afford, even if it over the market [value]."

He's clearly lost it after all that post match euphoria :pac:

QUICK!!!! Get the deal(s) done before he becomes lucid!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wenger: "I am ready to pay what we can afford, even if it over the market [value]."

He's clearly lost it after all that post match euphoria :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ramsey done ok today again, still improving but still giving it away to easy and misplacing passes.

Great win though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Good win and deserved. As a spurs fan I really wish we had this game in two months. Pointless giving our about how disjointed we were. Well done and see you at the lane shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That is the sort of grit we need. True Grit :D Well done the Gunners. :)

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Good win and deserved. As a spurs fan I really wish we had this game in two months. Pointless giving our about how disjointed we were. Well done and see you at the lane shortly.

It evens out when you look at our injuries and lack of squad depth, good time for each team to play eachother.

Had to share this quote from Eddie O'Mahony of Irelandshirts.com. Funny and true :)

eddie o mahony ‏@irelandsocshirt 3m I swear Championship Mananger has alot to ans for.Sum lad wins the CL with Bury on it & thinks he knows more than Wenger.

New wallpaper :)

BTGBbivCMAAKalx.jpg

Look at the expression on the steward (a Perry Groves lookalike). Absolutely busting to give Giroud a hug :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Where would Ozil fit into our team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 5m
    Arsenal also being very strongly linked with Mesut Ozil - unsurprisingly he has a host of admirers in for him.
    Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 1m
    Angel Di Maria to Arsenal also still being talked up - seemingly a big 24 hours coming for the Gunners.
    Trying not to get excited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

jonny666 wrote: »
    Where would Ozil fit into our team?

Instead of Rosicky or Wilshere.

Lads seriously we won't be getting ozil, he would fetch at least 50 million, we will never spend that, lets try not get carried away.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Giroud 4 (3)
    Ramsey 3 (0)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

League goals in brackets.

Top scorer where he belongs :D

Lads seriously we won't be getting ozil, he would fetch at least 50 million, we will never spend that, lets try not get carried away.

Here Sparrow let them be excited :pac:
    I think we will have a shock or two tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Canal+ have reported that Ozil has turned down PSG and is going to England...Must not get excited!

Canal+ have reported that Ozil has turned down PSG and is going to England...Must not get excited!

LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Personally would rather Di Maria over Ozil. Ozil is class but we have enough options in that position imo.

Would be overjoyed (and shocked) if we got both though!!

Personally would rather Di Maria over Ozil. Ozil is class but we have enough options in that position imo.

Would be overjoyed (and shocked) if we got both though!!

Di Maria, Ozil, Hummels, Neuer and Reus all on their way, Mr. Greedypants.

Ozil would be a nice signing as would be Di Maria. Let's get a top class striker in and a centre back and we be on to a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not liking the Utd links. Ozil would be a great buy for United if they need an incredible CAM to play out of position for a season before dropping him from the squad.

• Advertisement

Not liking the Utd links. Ozil would be a great buy for United if they need an incredible CAM to play out of position for a season before dropping him from the squad.

Said it earlier if he is for sale United would outbid us, our only hope is we have Wenger over moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I would rather Di Maria but I'l take Ozil. 83 assists in 156 appearances. At 40 million pounds, thats value for money.

Emiliano Viviano is on the way, supposedly undergoing a medical soon. There's so much reporting on Ozil leaving Madrid that it seems like a certainty.

COYG

Oh and fack the Spuds! 109 million pounds paid to lose to Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

But if they won't even play Kagawa, what's the point in signing Ozil for so much money?

Tbh I could see the Glazers saying 'no, we bought one of those last year'. Apart from RVP, they've stuck to a fairly rigid signing policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Di Maria, Ozil, Hummels, Neuer and Reus all on their way, Mr. Greedypants.
    You clearly have something for Germans and are trying to throw us off it by putting Di Maria in aswell :pac:

Said it earlier if he is for sale United would outbid us, our only hope is we have Wenger over moyes.

I reckon we can outbid them if needs be. What we can do and actually do aren't always the same though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

cathalio11 wrote: »
    LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK

They tweeted it in French on their Twitter account. Talk sport saying we're in advanced talks and Al Jazeera saying it's done. All from Twitter so I won't get too excited but there's no smoke without fire??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I reckon we can outbid them if needs be. What we can do and actually do aren't always the same though.

Steady now..... Wenger not one for the big spend:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

That's it I'm decided; tomorrow it's a bag of cans, sat in front of SSN for the day watching deadline day and then go out locked at 11pm to celebrate our monster signings.

BEST MONDAY EVER ON THE WAY!!

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    But if they won't even play Kagawa, what's the point in signing Ozil for so much money?

Tbh I could see the Glazers saying 'no, we bought one of those last year'. Apart from RVP, they've stuck to a fairly rigid signing policy.

They're desperate to provide a world class impact signing for Moyes, hence the Fabregas pursuit. Logically it would make no sense but neither does starting Giggs.

I can totally see Madrid selling Ozil & Di Maria.

They are after all nuts. But motes to the point, they spent a lot on Isco and Bale.

Just can't see them both coming. This is Arsenal after all.

Fcuk me though, if they did we would have the most savage midfield options ever ... and one striker, heh.

CadenaSer just reported it!

Very trustworthy source. Ozil is gonna be a gunner!!

Renato‏@th14Renato2m
    - @carrusel reporting Ozil has asked to leave Real Madrid and has chosen to join Arsenal. #AFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think United will go for Ozil tomorrow, apparently we turned him down a few weeks ago, which seems about right, because it would be redundant to have Rooney, Kagawa and Ozil fighting for the same position.

That said, I hope he goes to Arsenal. Madrid are absolutely mental, Ozil is the best CAM in the world IMO, and Isco will be doing well if he ever gets anywhere near his level.

You'll need a LW as well, maybe Cazorla will play out there because Ozil would be taking his position. Also you'll need a striker, unless Wenger thinks Giroud can step it up but I don't think he does if he was after Higuain, Ozil is complimented by a top striker to finish what he creates.

I hope Wenger breaks the bank tomorrow. A day to kick back and watch SSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think from listening to Arsene whatever the deal is, it's aleady done. Not saying its Ozil but who ever it is I think it's done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Dapics wrote: »
    Ozil is gonna be a gunner!!

STOP ... STOP .... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

Okay, I'm leaving now. Getting too excited and need to get work done.

Cya in an hour.

I really wish I had a punt down in the bookies 3 weeks ago on Ozil....

Amazing from Szczesny. Just click the link:

http://on.fb.me/15w9eTQ

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ooops duplicate posting.

Scez is hilarious.
    I genuinely think he loves Arsenal.

• Advertisement

El Shaaraway being linked now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What I love about Ches is that he seems to have a real love for the club, everytime you see him interviewed he comes across extremely passionate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm so excited !!! Can't wait to see who we get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

**** me this is exciting, will come home around 4 tomorrow. Hoping I'll catch the best stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I'm so excited !!! Can't wait to see who we get

It feels like Christmas Eve

Real Madrid Info‏@RmadridInfo3m
    Real Madrid have received two bids for Ozil from Manchester City and PSG [Cadena Ser]

If this comes off, and we add well elsewhere I think Wenger should stand atop the Emirates in a jockstrap and do the Macho Man Randy Savage dance.

Can't take this Ozil stuff my head just might explode, I don't think City need him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Man City, are they takin the piss?

Al-Jazeera Sports: Ozil leaves Real Madrid and joins
    Arsenal

O_o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement