Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Apparently Suarez is nearly done to Madrid, crazy times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Don't feed the troll lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where is all this stuff coming from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ozil scored 10 goals and made 22 assists last season (9 & 15 in the league) and he's only 24. Whats so bad about him?

I think he wants a little attention , that's a good record that and he's world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Jack, log off twitter and watch tv for a while :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Sky Sports News are running the Ozil to Arsenal story now. In 'advanced talks' according to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ozil stuff on SSN now. 'Advanced Talks'

Edited:
    Ah: snap buddy

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looper007 wrote: »
    We need a striker who can beat a few players with pace and score something out of nothing. I'm not knocking Giroud but to settle just for him is a mistake in my eyes. I think for a club at Arsenal we should have top players fighting for positions in our squad.

I kind of agree, Giroud is great but would like another option to go along with him in the mould you describe. No point buying a second rate one either.

I think Giroud is going to be good enough to be our main striker but like any position you need competition for places and he can't be expected to be the only out and out striker in the squad bar Sanogo, especially with Podolski injured too.

Suarez?

They won't sell to us.

There's got to be someone out there that you can get for 20 million that could do the job and turn into a top player when he plays for a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Saab Ed wrote: »
    No he's an awful player. He's done nothing for years. I don't know why you guys are so defensive. I'm a fairly honest poster. I wouldn't want Ozil to park my car let alone play for us.

Did Ozil run over your dog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

They won't sell to us.

There's got to be someone out there that you can get for 20 million that could do the job and turn into a top player when he plays for a better team.

I think that's what we need another option, someone with pace, good age and enough to keep Giroud on his toes

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Suarez to Madrid would open the door for Benzema maybe though, he's a bit too similar to Giroud though eh?

It's easy to be a 'Spurs Fan in peace' when you've signed €100m worth of players and your rival has signed none. A NLD defeat later, a Bale sale and your rival potentially signing players Spurs could only dream of..........,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

When the going rate for largely unproven players like Lamela and Willian is £30m? Unlikely. The market has gone crazy this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Suarez to Madrid would open the door for Benzema maybe though, he's a bit too similar to Giroud though eh?

Wouldn't mind a player like Giroud as back up to the actual Giroud :D

All jokes aside, Benzema would be an amazing swoop. I've always admired him and although it's been a while since I've seen him properly, I think he's exactly what we need.

Wouldnt think so. Benzema is closer to a Suarez type in that he likes to take on defences and can drag defenders here and there whereas Giroud is more of a target man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Reading ba on loan now, not sure what to think or how to feel :P this is all too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

552901_374110119371473_802655226_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

watched the game in work was absolutely deligthed with the performance and result, Flamini impressed on his first outing free transfer or not I don't care.

That performance today will shut up a lot of critics of Arsenal and Wenger, just plain and simply delighted.

Came in here expecting to read about the game then saw this........

Canal+ have reported that Ozil has turned down PSG and is going to England...Must not get excited!

Holy fcuking shiitballs not a word of a lie my jaw dropped please let it be true as I contiued to read the thread it just kept getting better and better. IF we do manage to pull this off it will be the transfer of the summer without a doubt in the EPL come on Arsenal come on Wenger make it happen :D.

There be no work done again tomorrow ill be glued to twitter for updates then hitting the offo on the way home buying a few beers the first in 5 weeks but will be well needed one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Tomorrow is goina be nuts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

forget his piano skill what the fúck about this :D

9644365175_3131799ddb_o.gif

When the going rate for largely unproven players like Lamela and Willian is £30m? Unlikely. The market has gone crazy this summer.

It be nice if we could find a new Anelka, Henry or Wright. Nice to see we have one Big surprise tomorrow but hopefully we will have a few happening for Arsenal.

Wouldnt think so. Benzema is closer to a Suarez type in that he likes to take on defences and can drag defenders here and there whereas Giroud is more of a target man.

I'll take your word for it, don't really get to see la liga players play outside of internationals and champions league :)

Good to see we are now as one again after months of been split :pac:. Hopefully tomorrow we be having a party in here.

Lads I don't watch continental football so know little about Ozil.
    What kind of a player is he and who is he similar to?
    How will he improve our team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

It be nice if we could find a new Anelka, Henry or Wright. Nice to see we have one Big surprise tomorrow but hopefully we will have a few happening for Arsenal.

Indeed it would. But the market is way more difficult now when even non CL clubs have scouting networks to rival our own (aided by the football manager database according to some). Finding another Anelka would be a bloody miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lets go ****in mental, lets go ****in mental ladaaaaladadddalal.....Oh yeah we're not Millwall but **** me today has been fantastic so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's easy to be a 'Spurs Fan in peace' when you've signed €100m worth of players and your rival has signed none. A NLD defeat later, a Bale sale and your rival potentially signing players Spurs could only dream of..........,

Signed players worth €100 million and could not win against your biggest rivals who have not signed any notable player?? You have sold your best player for €100 million which means you have already spent all the money you got from the deal.

Apart from the Lamela guy, all your new signings are pretty much average- Fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil only follows 11 people on twitter and one of them is Podolski :p get on the phone Lukas!

I'd say hes a taller, slightly faster Mata. Mainly a CAM but can play on the wings like Mata/Cazorla/Silva. Gets a tonne of assists.

If this turns out to be real the missus is in for a great ****ing ride tonight............... Oooooozzzziiiiillllllll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Soups123 wrote: »
    If this turns out to be real the missus is in for a great ****ing ride tonight............... Oooooozzzziiiiillllllll

how did you know i was calling over

:pac:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how did you know i was calling over :pac:

Listen mate if this is happening I'll pick you up drop you off and get the kids out of the way

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Signed players worth €100 million and could not win against your biggest rivals who have not signed any notable player?? You have sold your best player for €100 million which means you have already spent all the money you got from the deal.

Apart from the Lamela guy, all your new signings are pretty much average- Fact!

Soups is a gooner man! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Live webcam for the rest of us who can't make it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

AdamD wrote: »
    Ozil only follows 11 people on twitter and one of them is Podolski :p get on the phone Lukas!

I'd say hes a taller, slightly faster Mata. Mainly a CAM but can play on the wings like Mata/Cazorla/Silva. Gets a tonne of assists.

Aye, what always impresses me about him as well is how calm he is on the ball with loads of people around him. Just pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Dear God he is a dribbling monster!:eek: He'll be perfect for Giroud to bang in a few cutbacks and headers! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Considering the likes of Iniesta & Xavi in the league. Ozil has gotten the most assists 2 seasons in a row. Also the most assists in the 2010 World cup and Euro 2012.

So yeah, he's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If we get ozil this summer is forgiving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Was watching the match with my brother.just before the goal he told me Giroud was a donkey. I was, of course, like "no."
    You know, says he, Mertesacker or whatever his name is, he's a big donkey too.

then this brilliant tackle happened.

xbFbUlk.gif

that led to this world class finish.

iGhXm3weHQbrh.gif

shut up brother, you don't know what you're talking about!

• Advertisement

If we get ozil this summer is forgiving

Not quite but it's the step in the right direction still think we need a CB and striker of top quality then I forgive Wenger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger has balls

I thought Mert and Kos were immense today. Can't see TV getting back into the team when fit. Jenks was poor enough in the first half but did considerably better in the second. We seemed to gain confidence when Flamini came in and played in front of the defenders too. Much steadier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

article in the NY Times. Sums it up nicely.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/sports/soccer/tottenham-confirms-bales-transfer-and-loses-to-arsenal.html?_r=0

Still, I am waiting the announcements for new transfers.

I just want to put this out there Szcez was a beast today. Hopefully he quietened a few doubters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Was watching the match with my brother.just before the goal he told me Giroud was a donkey. I was, of course, like "no."
    You know, says he, Mertesacker or whatever his name is, he's a big donkey too.

then this brilliant tackle happened.

xbFbUlk.gif

that led to this world class finish.

iGhXm3weHQbrh.gif

shut up brother, you don't know what you're talking about!

Baffling how many fans think per is a donkey, the pundits don't help , both Jamies sayin he isn't good enough, fans just feed off their opinions

I thought Mert and Kos were immense today. Can't see TV getting back into the team when fit. Jenks was poor enough in the first half but did considerably better in the second. We seemed to gain confidence when Flamini came in and played in front of the defenders too. Much steadier.

Jenks worries me at times with his decision making, if he plays it safe at times he will be a top class player. Mert and Kos were brilliant and Flamini got stuck in. Giroud was immense and known me on here many of you wouldn't expect me to say that :eek:

Today's match was a perfect example to show to people who say Mert isn't good enough due to his lack of pace. His positional play was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ozil?? OMG lads OMG

• Advertisement

Jenks worries me at times with his decision making, if he plays it safe at times he will be a top class player. Mert and Kos were brilliant and Flamini got stuck in. Giroud was immense and known me on here many of you wouldn't expect me to say that :eek:

Jenks is young and will improve I have no doubt about that, I love his work rate and his crossing ain't bad something we always lack.

Plus him and his family are true and true Gooners think he will be an Arsenal player for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement