Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And people doubted wenger

Just like they doubted Ramsey

Moral of the story

People should listen to Emergingstar :):)

One swallow never made a summer.
    Wait till it happens :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Whats up with Bouldy he didnt seem too happy after the final whistle today? Just noticed it on SSN there?

he wasn't happy with the clean sheet. Against Spurs he doesn't think they deserve tne nil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

One swallow never made a summer.
    Wait till it happens :D

When it does then ye should listen to Emergingstar :)

(Gonna stop talking about myself in the 3rd person now)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looper007 wrote: »
    Poor lad but no fault of Carzola just a freak injury.

Aye, just one of those things. Hate to see a bad injury like that. A mate of mine snapped his in a match years ago, he was playing right midfield and I was up front, didn't see it happening but I heard the crack. *Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Whats up with Bouldy he didnt seem too happy after the final whistle today? Just noticed it on SSN there?

Hopefully he was giving someone a bollocking over a mistake. Keep them down to earth.

Have to say, the tenacity we defend with these days is awesome and I'm assuming a lot to do with Bould. See the Giroud 'handball' bit? 4 or 5 players throwing themselves at things in the box. For the last few years, that was usually just one guy sticking out an overly casual leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

The sight of five of our lads jumping infront of that shot made me proud to be a gunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Aye, just one of those things. Hate to see a bad injury like that. A mate of mine snapped his in a match years ago, he was playing right midfield and I was up front, didn't see it happening but I heard the crack. *Shudder*

I think no ones likes to see another human being suffering. We can all slag players off at matches, it's banter but I'm sure no one wants to see anyone get hurt. Look what happened to Ramsey and Edurado, some of the worst things I've ever seen.

Dapics wrote: »
    The sight of five of our lads jumping infront of that shot made me proud to be a gunner.

We have heart no carrying a egoistic footballer in that team. Everyone throws their body on the line. Giroud made the most tackles inside the box today behind Kos and Mert, that shows you how hard everyone works you wouldn't see Van Persie or Henry do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

We have heart no carrying a egoistic footballer in that team. Everyone throws their body on the line. Giroud made the most tackles inside the box today behind Kos and Mert, that shows you how hard everyone works you wouldn't see Van Persie or Henry do that.

The day Van Persie makes a sliding tackle is the day he breaks his ankle again.

Speaking of broken things, its horrible to hear about Capoue. We know all too much about horrific injuries... though in fairness Shawcross is a scumbag with a fetish for breaking legs unlike our Santi.

Ozil is a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Speaking of broken things, its horrible to hear about Capoue. We know all too much about horrific injuries... though in fairness Shawcross is a scumbag with a fetish for breaking legs unlike our Santi.

Ozil is a done deal.
    I coukd never forgive the Scum City fans booing Ramsey off after breaking his leg. Only a kid he was. Lets hope they get relegated this season. Stoke ****ty FC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ozil is not a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

I predict we will all be here in precisely 23 hours ****ting ourselves about Ozil. Cursing John Cross and Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I coukd never forgive the Scum City fans booing Ramsey off after breaking his leg. Only a kid he was. Lets hope they get relegated this season. Stoke ****ty FC

The only reason I'd miss Stoke City in the Premier League is because of deadline day there fans are always the most entertaining what with there cans of Stella and chavtastic clothes. It were I reckon Jeremy Kyle get's all his guests from.

The only reason I'd miss Stoke City in the Premier League is because of deadline day there fans are always the most entertaining what with there cans of Stella and chavtastic clothes. It were I reckon Jeremy Kyle get's all his guests from.

Horrible bunch of chav inbreds I was praying for them to get relegated the way they laughed at Ramsey and mocked him when he got his injury was shocking. It left a bad taste in my mouth and of many Arsenal fan's. I can't wait to put them to the sword this season.

Ozil, Cazorla in the middle lads. Holy jaysus.

Ozil is a done deal.

Van Persie clearly showed today he ain't up for the fight. Never was and what he said to Gerrard (if it's true) show's he lacks class too.

Don't say that man. You might Jinx the deal. Until it's officially conformed is when I can see it been a done deal.

Horrible bunch of chav inbreds I was praying for them to get relegated the way they laughed at Ramsey and mocked him when he got his injury was shocking. It left a bad taste in my mouth and of many Arsenal fan's. I can't wait to put them to the sword this season.

It was disgusting carry on. Delighted the rugby manager Pulis got the bullet. A horrendous coach if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Alot off twists and turns yet in this transfer window, gonna be fun roll on tomorrow

It was disgusting carry on. Delighted the rugby manager Pulis got the bullet. A horrendous coach if ever there was one.

Awful style of football, kick and hurt you're rival's and score the odd scruffy goal. Plus an dick of a man, his hatred of Arsene Wenger could never be hidden in his interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Alot off twists and turns yet in this transfer window, gonna be fun roll on tomorrow

Fingers crossed it is all good twists and turns for Arsenal

Hitting the hay now lads. Please god Ozil is done and dusted when I am back on tmoro. Super win today!!! Take it handy lads adious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 2m
    Arsenal going for Ozil, Di Maria and Abel Hernandez...back ups Ba and Draxler. Wenger seemed quite confident post-match

Abel Hernandez? Hes fast on fifa :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal going for Ozil, Di Maria and Abel Hernandez...back ups Ba and Draxler. Wenger seemed quite confident post-match

Is it true he only scored one goal last season :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is it true he only scored one goal last season :eek:

Was injured all season apparently

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Draxler as back up? Jebus!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Draxler as back up? Jebus!

I think Ozil would be the better buy for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

If the Ozil thing actually goes through, I will be ecstatic. One of my favourite players randomly ending up in my favourite club. A repeat of few years ago, when Rosicky was my fav and went to Arsenal from Dortmund.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think Ozil would be the better buy for sure.

Oh I agree, just surprised they would be so confident they could get draxler that he's a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

One of my favourite players randomly ending up in my favourite club. A repeat of few years ago, when Rosicky was my fav and went to Arsenal from Dortmund.

Haha Im in the exact same boat, Saw Rosicky play a few times on that Champions League show that used to be on Saturday mornings and always thought he look class

a few years later Arsene snaps him up!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Didn't watch much football last year but I'm just wondering what would be the general consensus on Rosicky from an arsenal perspective? Has he been top-drawer, slightly underwhelming (I know he's good but how has he done for arsenal over all do yez think?)

• Advertisement

Authorities are expected to expand their search for Roberto Soldado, last seen very deep in the Frenchman's back pocket.

Levi has put up a £100m reward for information leading to his safe return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didn't watch much football last year but I'm just wondering what would be the general consensus on Rosicky from an arsenal perspective? Has he been top-drawer, slightly underwhelming (I know he's good but how has he done for arsenal over all do yez think?)

If he didn't have so many injury problems, he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet. When fully fit there are few better.

Fitness aside, the only possibly complaint I could think of would be he doesn't score very often. Everything else is great.

He was superb today and has been top drawer for us this year. He really has come into his own. Came in for alot of criticism after the san siro defeat in 2012 but like Arteta, he has answered the critics (myself included) with a bang. His movement for that goal today was terrific and caused Tottenham no end of hassle. He got stuck into tackles, he was everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The thing is though do we need another CM?
    Why not just play Santi as the attacking midfielder? Wilshire, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamani and Ozil all vieing for 3 positions. We need two strikers id say and a Winger, Di Maria is the obvious choice there. Walcott needs competition to get the best out of him.

Do Ozil or Drexler play in any wide positions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

jank wrote: »
    Why not just play Santi as the attacking midfielder? Wilshire, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamani and Ozil all vieing for 3 positions. We need two strikers id say and a Winger, Di Maria is the obvious choice there. Walcott needs competition to get the best out of him.

Do Ozil or Drexler play in any wide positions?

I don't care whether we need another midfielder or not, it's Ozil!!! Our squad is light and we've picked up a couple of lengthy injuries already. We could do with a bit of rotation and I'm sure, if he signs, Ozil and Cazorla will both cover on the wings if necessary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Draxler can play wide, gonna be a smashing player me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

My big transfer prediction for tomorrow is Bendtner to Palace. All but done.

No shortage of assists with Ozil and Santi in the team.

Another striker, Ozil and perhaps a defender signed today and I'd be delighted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea obviously Ozil would be massive but I think a CF and a winger should be priority. Then again if we get all three then I'm well happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I cant sleep.:o
    I think i wet the bed too:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

jank wrote: »

That's like saying we have a leaky roof and no heating, maybe we shouldn't get this awesome looking hoverboard instead? Get the hoverboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wow. Nothing between midnight and now.

And there'll be ****ing tossers running across London tomorrow at 22:50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cathalio11 wrote: »

Florian Thauvin of Lille has been mentioned

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86326108&postcount=62

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I assume Sunderland vs Arsenal will be on stupid Setanta Sports 1 and not Setanta Ireland, guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I assume Sunderland vs Arsenal will be on stupid Setanta Sports 1 and not Setanta Ireland, guys?

whichever one isn't free/part of the package on UPC i think shows all the matches :pac:

Put the Ozil Marca story through Google Translate and it comes up with this bafflingly amazing opening paragraph:

"The magician's hat hangs Özil in Bernabeu theater. In a crazy evening, the German artist made his last trick as Real Madrid player. Nothing here, nothing there, and in the blink of an eye disappeared to head to Arsenal, orphaning number 10 and an avid hobby of magic that cries their march."

:Dhttp://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2013%2F09%2F01%2Ffutbol%2Fequipos%2Freal_madrid%2F1378064104.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I hope we sign more than Ozil though. Maybe if we just do all our business in Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

• Advertisement

I wouldn't read too much into what Marca say

Balague is saying that Ozil is apparently upset that Real have agreed to sell him. Hopefully Real will insist that he has to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement