Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well I just knew it, why did I do it, why did I actually believe a player like ozil would come to arsenal, loads of reports claiming this was never on the cards.

I'm gonna put this out of my head and just focus on other transfers, seems that goalie is near to signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

It ain't happening. Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

We're goina have to smash our wage structure to get ozil. On talksport saying one of the reasons he wants to leave madrid is cause there are a good few players being paid more then him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Not be all getting nuts now

Enjoy the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

jonny666 wrote: »
    We're goina have to smash our wage structure to get ozil. On talksport saying one of the reasons he wants to leave madrid is cause there are a good few players being paid more then him

I don't think money is going to enter into it here (and we're anyway offering more than any of our rivals by most accounts). Ozil has made noises all summer about wanting to stay at Madrid, I don't think he actually wants to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This is our most important day of the season.

Don't fuuck it up Wenger.

And city meant to be in for him now, we wouldn't stand a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

@JanAageFjortoft: Just got this confirm from person close to Özil-family:Talks right now with Arsenal about player's deal. 5/6 yrs deal.
    Bild report too
    #AFC

Not be all getting nuts now

Enjoy the day

No way!

Any little change and im goina post in here with one of only two appropriate responses for transfer deadline day

Complete joy

or

Absolute despair

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Deep breaths; ) if yeas take every bit of news today as Gospel be a lot breakdowns and rants. Chill till 11 were still very much in for Ozil. Hogenstein retweeted the tweet speedboatchase just put up.

• Advertisement

What's all this stuff about him only signing a new adidas contract recently, with us been nike people saying that will affect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I should have taken the day off work. This is gonna be painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Didn't watch much football last year but I'm just wondering what would be the general consensus on Rosicky from an arsenal perspective? Has he been top-drawer, slightly underwhelming (I know he's good but how has he done for arsenal over all do yez think?)

Rosicky is probably the unsung hero of the current team. It was when he started playing regularly last year that we got results iirc. He doesn't have the technique of say Mata, Silva or Cazorla but in many respects he's more economical on the ball (i.e. a bit more direct but no more prone to losing it) and can control the tempo of the game better than all of them. His turn of pace has been very important to our counter attacks and but for his lack of proficiency in front of goal he'd be talked about as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What's all this stuff about him only signing a new adidas contract recently, with us been nike people saying that will affect it?

The madness of modern football. Image rights, marketing contracts, craziness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you're definitely a man who needs to take a deep breath every now & then :pac:

greendom wrote: »
    The madness of modern football. Image rights, marketing contracts, craziness

ozil to stoke it is then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think that makes any difference, sure RvP was a huge adidas advert, All our players wear different boots as they all have individual sponsor deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I can see this is going to be a loooong unproductive day for a lot of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

jester77 wrote: »

We deserve it after the summer we have had ;)

According to Sky Sports reporter Graham Hunter, Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Özil wants to join Manchester United. #MUFC

Ok maybe I'm gonna take a step back now as someone advised!

• Advertisement

According to Sky Sports reporter Graham Hunter, Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Özil wants to join Manchester United. #MUFC

Ok maybe I'm gonna take a step back now as someone advised!

i say that but it's not on his page, just someone mentioning him to give something credit

he did say this though
    Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 1h
    @Vijay_GCC_Saini the club to club part is agreed or €47m. Player contract not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

OK, I won't be able to handle this at all.

Imposing a update blackout on myself till about 9 tonight.

SIGN THEM ALL!

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 31 Aug
    Finally some Draxler info. Release clause of €45m was only valid until end of June. Schalke would sell for crazy money, €50m-60m

His agent also the agent of Luiz Gustavo. Not sure they see Arsenal as next logical career move. Overall odds: 20%, at best

this is a reply to someone about L.Gustavos' transfer to arsenal
    @arsenalultra32 these are 2 points, not one. a) agent didn't sell LG to AFC but took bigger money b) they're thinking Barca etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

jester77 wrote: »

day off for me :D

@JanAageFjortoft seems to be the closest to the deal on my Twitter timeline. He's saying that the negotiations are being done over the phone and that Wenger has to break his wage structure.

Break it Arsene, emotionally and physically!

Edit - Honigstein has tweeted that the Fjortoft is "very well connected to the relevant person in the Ozil camp. You can take his word as gospel. Will come down purely to wages"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m
    Sky Sources: Manchester United have made contact with Mesut Ozil's representatives. #mufc #realmadrid #afc
    here we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

@JanAageFjortoft seems to be the closest to the deal on my Twitter timeline. He's saying that the negotiations are being done over the phone and that Wenger has to break his wage structure.

Break it Arsene, emotionally and physically!

Edit - Honigstein has tweeted that the Fjortoft is "very well connected to the relevant person in the Ozil camp. You can [sic] his word as gospel. Will come down purely to wages"

Give him whatever he wants. Earlier in the year we heard Gazidis saying we could pay someone 200k per week. If Ozil isn't that someone, who is worth it?

Time to put their money where their mouth is, finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

I'm hearing United are in for Ozil now. I've done absolutely no work yet, Just about 15 tabs open from various Spanish news sources.

If losing my job is what it takes to sign Ozil, then so be it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Utd are in for Ozil. We're ****ed lads.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m
    Sky Sources: Manchester United have made contact with Mesut Ozil's representatives. #mufc #realmadrid #afc
    here we go

"come to united, you can pass to welbeck, we have rooney and kagawa who play in your position, kagawa can't get on the bench though. and Moyes is the manager"

don't do it Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Give him whatever he wants. Earlier in the year we heard Gazidis saying we could pay someone 200k per week. If Ozil isn't that someone, who is worth it?

Time to put their money where their mouth is, finally.
    Gazidis said that, but it's Wenger who makes all the decisions.

Was obvious yesterday once he became available he is exactly what they need, they will offer more wages.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    "come to united, you can pass to welbeck, we have rooney and kagawa who play in your position, kagawa can't get on the bench though. and Moyes is the manager"

don't do it Ozil.

The Moyes era is already desperate. Wouldn't be surprised if he went to them over us though.

Looper007 wrote: »

not really, he's mates with Per and poldi, and Moyes doesn't know what to do wtih Kagawa who plays a similar role.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't be so sure, the way we've been conducting business thus far we'll offer him minimum wage and a years supply of skittles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm still remembering Wenger's cheeky smile from yesterday's press conference. Ozil is ours - now I've got my fingers in my ears and I'm humming very loudly

bad2dabone wrote: »
    not really, he's mates with Per and poldi, and Moyes doesn't know what to do wtih Kagawa who plays a similar role.

But winning titles and cups is what Utd do. Yeah we have his two german mates and London on our side but Man Utd are Man Utd. I'm a bit worried hopefully he will bring it home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Don't think this thread will last the day. We never got through a thread so quickly before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Balls! If there's anybody else in for him, he'll never come to us. Massive day for the club. Rumours of us trying to spend £80m. Not that I think we will, but I certainly think we need to. If we miss out on our main targets, that's ok too. Just as long as we make some signings. Desperately need more bodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

But winning titles and cups is what Utd do. Yeah we have his two german mates and London on our side but Man Utd are Man Utd. I'm a bit worried hopefully he will bring it home.

Yeah unfortunately I think that's that for Ozil, doubt we stand a chance now that Man Utd are in the mix. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but I'm not going to get my hopes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 11s
    I am told #MUFC definitely NOT in for Mesut Özil. Working hard on deals for Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera. #DeadlineDay

L'prof wrote: »
    Balls! If there's anybody else in for him, he'll never come to us. Massive day for the club. Rumours of us trying to spend £80m. Not that I think we will, but I certainly think we need to. If we miss out on our main targets, that's ok too. Just as long as we make some signings. Desperately need more bodies!

We need another striker the opposite to Giroud, a pacey striker who can do something out of nothing.

A GK as back up

A LW and maybe a CB.

That would be a perfect day. I'm not hopeful we will sign that many but i'm hope i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Rosicky is probably the unsung hero of the current team. It was when he started playing regularly last year that we got results iirc. He doesn't have the technique of say Mata, Silva or Cazorla but in many respects he's more economical on the ball (i.e. a bit more direct but no more prone to losing it) and can control the tempo of the game better than all of them. His turn of pace has been very important to our counter attacks and but for his lack of proficiency in front of goal he'd be talked about as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.
    +1
    great spot ... Rosicky is playing great stuff. Very mature but productive midfield play. He seems a level headed good professional and that might be rubbing off on the new stars coming through...

looks like some of Wengers buys are actually delivering on the quality we expected when we bought them in the first place.
    Still need a few cheap squad players for coverage and maybe 1 star buy. I wouldnt like to see us buying too many world stars, it would upset the balance and upset the progress other players have made and worked hard to achieve.

Look at the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to join us then it's not our loss. Let's focus on convincing our targets to come and if they can't be persuaded, we move on to someone else

I'd love Ozil but if he's not fussed, let's move on. We don't have time to dither today!

its only 10 o clock in the morning and im already freaking out :pac:

Arsenal in for Ozil :eek:
    Man Utd swoop for Ozil :eek:
    Utd not interested in Ozil :eek:

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jonny666 wrote: »
    its only 10 o clock in the morning and im already freaking out :pac:

Arsenal in for Ozil :eek:
    Man Utd swoop for Ozil :eek:
    Utd not interested in Ozil :eek:

99% of what we read today will be click bait fiction playing on our hopes and desperation.

But winning titles and cups is what Utd do.

it's what they used to do Looper.

:D

we're in a new era now.

Now ozil agent saying united are interested, this is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Daniel Taylor Guardian "Just to put this one to bed, Man Utd are definitely not taking on Arsenal for Mesut Ozil"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Now ozil agent saying united are interested, this is madness.

I just heard on the radio that Ozil doesn't want to join us despite few being agreed and have now seen that his agents are talking to United...

Sinking feeling

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement