Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

bad2dabone wrote: »
    it's what they used to do Looper.

:D

we're in a new era now. Moyesie Time.

That's true :pac: but you know Utd they start bad and end up been brilliant for the rest of the season. Yeah it's Moyes time but that side is full of winners so they can't lose that drive overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Daniel Taylor
    @DTguardian

Just to put this one to bed, Man Utd are definitely not taking on Arsenal for Mesut Ozil. #MUFC #AFC

I can breath a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

BUY ALL THE VALIUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

jester77 wrote: »
    99% of what we read today will be click bait fiction playing on our hopes and desperation.

and il fall for all of it :pac:

In reality I wont believe anything til i see em holding an Arsenal jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Now ozil agent saying united are interested, this is madness.

A move to try to get a better wage package out of us?

I hope that's all it is anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The United rumour must be coming from Ozils agent, trying to push for more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I love today

Pure madness

Rosicky is probably the unsung hero of the current team. It was when he started playing regularly last year that we got results iirc. He doesn't have the technique of say Mata, Silva or Cazorla but in many respects he's more economical on the ball (i.e. a bit more direct but no more prone to losing it) and can control the tempo of the game better than all of them. His turn of pace has been very important to our counter attacks and but for his lack of proficiency in front of goal he'd be talked about as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.
    He is still prone to admiring the game around him at times. He had a good game yesterday but he was far from perfect.

Good performance yesterday against a team who looked utterly lost and clueless. It was funny to see the two matches on Sky yesterday, Liverpool played a well thought-out gameplan and it worked for them and United struggled to answer. While some credit goes to Arsenal for setting up quite well for a lot of the match there never seemed to be anything behind Spurs' attacks. I'll gratefully take the 3 points.

Have we signed anyone yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

danlen wrote: »
    A move to try to get a better wage package out of us?

I hope that's all it is anyway!

Just an agent doing what an agent does (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He is still prone to admiring the game around him at times. He had a good game yesterday but he was far from perfect.

Good performance yesterday against a team who looked utterly lost and clueless. It was funny to see the two matches on Sky yesterday, Liverpool played a well thought-out gameplan and it worked for them and United struggled to answer. While some credit goes to Arsenal for setting up quite well for a lot of the match there never seemed to be anything behind Spurs' attacks. I'll gratefully take the 3 points.

Have we signed anyone yet? :)

Welcome back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭golfball37

Ozil doesn't fancy Arsenal according to a reliable twitter feed in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

golfball37 wrote: »
    reliable twitter feed in Spain.

is there such a thing?

anyhow, back to yesterday:

ibcmb5Z3EG6VX2.gif

boom free transfer. Proper tackle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

is there such a thing?

anyhow, back to yesterday:

ibcmb5Z3EG6VX2.gif

boom free transfer. Proper tackle!

How that was called as a foul is beyond me.

Actually wish I was in work today, this is unbareable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I would love Defoe as a back up, think he would fit in great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

if PSG are interested we may as well forget about ozil, they could easily add 100k on top of what we are offering

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That was a very dangerous tackle, typical Flamini really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think Flamini is exactly what we need in midfield for the Stokes of this world. I am glad we signed him and even happier after his performance yesterday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kaka heading to AC Milan on loan, so he won't be a fall back if all else fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Stupid smartphones arent made for deadline day.

Still relaxed think we will pull something off today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

What I love about Transfer day on SSN is the weird guys standing behind reporters trying to get themselves on TV :D

Tancredi Palmeri has tweeted that PSG have now outbid us for Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

@johncrossmirror: I'm hearing Mesut Ozil is agreed and done to Arsenal as a permanent deal. #afc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »

He tweets cr*p

Unfollow Tancredi. The guy just sits on his arse all day watching Sky Italia rather than being an actual journalist. He throws enough sh*t against a wall and waits to see what sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Trying so hard contain my excitement about Ozil. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

biggest spoofer out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Unfollow Tancredi. The guy just sits on his arse all day watching Sky Italia rather than being an actual journalist. He throws enough sh*t against a wall and waits to see what sticks.

Posting Tancredi ****e in here should be a bannable offense. I blocked him ages ago.

Posting Tancredi ****e in here should be a bannable offense. I blocked him ages ago.

ok ok I think I get the message ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

BBC saying Guilavogui to Athletico is a done deal. There was reports we were hijacking the bid or that he had stalled in the hope we would. I reckon Flamini's performance yesterday was probably the deciding factor in that not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror
    I'm hearing Mesut Ozil is agreed and done to Arsenal as a permanent deal.

I know its john Cross but he is more reliable then Tancredi!!!

Now.... Must try and work.... fcuk it, today is too exciting!!:D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    BBC saying Guilavogui to Athletico is a done deal. There was reports we were hijacking the bid or that he had stalled in the hope we would. I reckon Flamini's performance yesterday was probably the deciding factor in that not happening.

If we'd had Flamini in for the Villa game, I very much doubt we'd have lost it..... although he may have been sent off.

Even if he is correct on this one, it doesn't change the fact that he tweets everything he hears indiscriminately. He has no filter because he wants everything he tweets to go viral to increase his follower count. He has no integrity, basically.

ok ok I think I get the message ;)

:D

Mickeroo wrote: »

Apparently he was waiting around for a bid during his medical. Ah well. Looks like we'll be going for Di Maria, Ozil and Ba/Hernandez, ignoring CDM.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 1m
    Arsenal have representatives in Germany to try and tie up Ozil deal. Fee agreed, now personal terms and medical to do
    Expand

Mertesacker better be on hand to make sure nobody else enters the room.

6affe98c-9f33-4694-8306-3018a73385cb_ecd46a5e-de61-4067-928c-548a799900c4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

AdamD wrote: »
    Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 1m
    Arsenal have representatives in Germany to try and tie up Ozil deal. Fee agreed, now personal terms and medical to do
    Expand

Mertesacker better be on hand to make sure nobody else enters the room.

6affe98c-9f33-4694-8306-3018a73385cb_ecd46a5e-de61-4067-928c-548a799900c4.jpg

"Mertesacker held a gun to his head and Arsene assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

mertesacker%C3%B6zil-playmobil.jpg

Soon..

Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph says that we are not pursuing Di Maria if the Ozil deal comes off. So that'd be a triumvirate of Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott behind Giroud. Nice...

Also, we're now linked to Udinese striker Luis Muriel. I like him a lot, although I'm wary of potential "You're terrible, Muriel" 90s-referencing insults. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

BBC's David Orsntein:

"Arsenal have agreed a 50m euros deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

"The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms and will now undergo a medical.

"The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

Heaven!!!:D:D:D

Ornstein Hynter and Wilson all saying its done. Ozilicious!

and apparently we're moving for Di Maria.

oh my.

or maybe not for di maria.

still need a backup for Giroooo.

john cross now saying personal terms are agreed, all that's left is the medical. Holy ****!!!

apparently he was reluctant to join us but has been persuaded. (most likely the above scenario involving Mert)

Viviano also done apparently.

Di Maria and a striker now and I'll have to go lie down.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    BBC's David Orsntein:

"Arsenal have agreed a 50m euros deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

"The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms and will now undergo a medical.

"The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

Heaven!!!:D:D:D

JmBkN.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Boooommmmm get in!! Going to have a few pints now. Can't believe the club are pulling this off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Jesus, Ozil is looking like its goina happen. Cant believe it. Holy Fecking ****e!!

• Advertisement

Anchorman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Ornstein Hynter and Wilson all saying its done. Ozilicious!

and apparently we're moving for Di Maria.

oh my.

or maybe not for di maria.

still need a backup for Giroooo.

With Ozil in now, I will be happy with Ba to be honest. Cant believe AW could pull the Ozil deal off- that man is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well done guys with the purchase of Ozil. Massive buy for ye after all the misses over the summer. Certainly makes our job of trying to catch ye a lot harder

Talks are underway with Ba apparently.

Still not letting myself get excited.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement