Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Not top for the second half, no. We'd already been embarrassed by Bradford, there's no excuses.

P W D L CS FtS F A GD Pt PPG
    1 Manchester United 18 12 4 2 9 1 36 15 +21 40 2.22
    2 Arsenal 19 12 4 3 7 2 33 16 +17 40 2.11
    3 Manchester City 18 11 3 4 11 3 28 15 +13 36 2.00
    4 Tottenham Hotspur 18 10 6 2 4 2 30 20 +10 36 2.00
    5 Chelsea 19 11 4 4 6 2 36 21 +15 37 1.95
    6 Liverpool 18 9 6 3 9 4 40 17 +23 33 1.83
    7 Everton 18 8 6 4 9 6 22 15 +7 30 1.67
    8 Aston Villa 18 6 5 7 0 3 32 30 +2 23 1.28
    9 Southampton 19 5 9 5 5 5 23 23 0 24 1.26
    10 Fulham 18 6 4 8 4 7 20 24 -4 22 1.22
    11 West Ham United 19 6 5 8 5 5 23 30 -7 23 1.21
    12 Newcastle United 18 6 3 9 3 7 19 31 -12 21 1.17
    13 Norwich City 18 4 7 7 5 8 18 26 -8 19 1.06
    14 Swansea City 18 4 6 8 5 9 18 27 -9 18 1.00
    15 Wigan Athletic 18 4 6 8 2 4 25 38 -13 18 1.00
    16 Sunderland 18 4 5 9 4 5 20 28 -8 17 0.94
    17 West Bromwich Albion 18 4 4 10 3 5 25 32 -7 16 0.89
    18 Queens Park Rangers 18 3 6 9 5 9 14 24 -10 15 0.83
    19 Reading 18 4 3 11 2 6 21 36 -15 15 0.83
    20 Stoke City 18 3 4 11 3 8 13 28 -15 13 0.72

So signing Ozil putting us as top contenders is realism and anything else is pessimism? Grow up ffs.
    Once Ozil's confirmed we can start on the next few players over the next few hours. If we end up with Ozil, Flamini and Sanogo and people say they're happy then it may well be worth digging up some posts from earlier in the summer to see the flip-flopping by many.

On the basis of that, I am probably correct that we are top for 2013 with Utd. having dropped more points than us this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Latest standings of the Fantasy Football league below lads.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/96395/standings/
    I totally forgot about it this week. Had the same team from last week and started with 3 Chelsea defenders and Benteke up front. :o

Shane Gillespie, I'm coming for you*

probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

What did SSN say there about DiMaria? Couldn't fecking hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »
    I totally forgot about it this week. Had the same team from last week and started with 3 Chelsea defenders and Benteke up front. :o

Shane Gillespie, I'm coming for you*

probably not

My strike force of Giroud, Negredo and Sturridge had a great weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What did SSN say there about DiMaria? Couldn't fecking hear it.

interest is cooling

greendom wrote: »
    Is it too late for me to join this? - think I'd be in top 10 :D

No I dont think so. Do you want the code off the league to join?

Cazorla. Ozil. Walcott
    Giroud

Up there with best attacks in the prem

With

Podolski Wilshere Ox
    Ba

as back-up?

Ryo Rosicky Gnabry
    Sanogo

for emergencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Raf32 wrote: »
    interest is cooling

Thats dissapointing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jester77 wrote: »
    At least this one might finally get updated today
    http://www.havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Not even trying and I'm still not last :pac:

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Yes please :)
    There you go sir 371924-96395.

Godge wrote: »
    On the basis of that, I am probably correct that we are top for 2013 with Utd. having dropped more points than us this season?

Trophy is in the post.

what league is this you speak of ? Fantast Football ?

what league is this you speak of ? Fantast Football ?

Gunners boards.ie league. Code is above if you want in.

Just realised, if we sign Ozil, we won't have the prettiest attack anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Giroud tweeted this:
    Olivier Giroud ‏@_OlivierGiroud_ 10m
    Deeeecent! ���� BTKQSBtIMAA2Qyw.jpg

I've got a case of man love for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

BEST NEWS YET!

Bendtner driving out of Crystal Palace!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

FearDark wrote: »
    BEST NEWS YET!

Bendtner driving into Crystal Palace would be better. He has probably already left in a huff

BEST NEWS YET!

How is that good? That means he is on the way back! :pac:

• Advertisement

He'd be better driving off a cliff tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He'd be better driving off a cliff tbh :pac:

he'd probably miss

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just realised, if we sign Ozil, we won't have the prettiest attack anymore :(

We could have the elephant man leading our attack for all I cared just once they put the ball in the back of the oppositions net.

Trophy is in the post.

Great.
    Back 19 games of the season including being embarrassed in Europe and embarrassed by Blackburn Rovers. Even just going by form, we got 40 points over the second half of last season, that's not a league-winning ppg.

Which is it? We are top of the 2013 form table but we don't have a league-winning ppg?

We could have the elephant man leading our attack for all I cared just once they put the ball in the back of the oppositions net.

I'd say he would be good at headers.

Joined thanks man :)

• Advertisement

Godge wrote: »
    Which is it? We are top of the 2013 form table but we don't have a league-winning ppg?

I was replying to being top for the second half of last season which we weren't. For the second half of last season we got 40 points in 19 matches which works out to 80 points over a season. I think only once in the last 10 years has the league been won with that few points. So far this season we have 2ppg. Again, 2ppg ain't gonna win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If Ozil falls apart i dont think I could recover. It feels like xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It's too quiet..

suspicious-dog-500x364.jpg

I don't like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If Ozil falls apart i dont think I could recover. It feels like xmas

It's more like xmas eve and you are staring at the boxes under the tree thinking you know what is in there but you have to wait until midnight to unwrap.

It's more like xmas eve and you are staring at the boxes under the tree thinking you know what is in there but you have to wait until midnight to unwrap.
    I feel like a kid again. The mixture of excitement and fear is overwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If we had gotten Higuain or Suarez earlier then this would have been some summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The Chavs are out in force on SSN :pac:

Reports on twitter that the announcement will be at 4

Is anyone else as dissapointed as I am that the interest in Di Maria has seemingly cooled :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is anyone else as dissapointed as I am that the interest in Di Maria has seemingly cooled :/

Yeah. delighted that it looks like ozil is coming but we need another quality signing along with the one or two squad players.

Hopefully when Ozil goes through it will help us to convince Di Maria. They could spend the rest of the day working on him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

A bit hopefully it's just a load of rubbish or we are in for at least for more players

3 million to loan Demba Ba seems a bit excessive too might aswell buy him at that rate

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

3 million to loan Demba Ba seems a bit excessive too might aswell buy him at that rate

yeah, wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting that hernandez instead tbh.

Did anyone just see Usain Bolt giving out about United? Wonder will Mo Farah give his two cents on us now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mickeroo wrote: »

Did anyone just see Usain Bolt giving out about United? Wonder will Mo Farah give his two cents on us now :pac:

Mo Farah ‏@Mo_Farah 1h
    Mesut Ozil having a medical with @Arsenal!!! Kiss kiss bang bang!!! Come on Arsenal.......!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hardly going to start worrying about money like this now? After all the talk of 100 million in the bank, I think Arsenal need a striker for the season. They tried to get Suarez for a long time, it didn't come off. I think with the Ozil signing, Ba would be an acceptable loan deal even for 3 million until they spend big next summer on a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Arsenal getting Ozil is a huge coup for yee guys..As a pool fan it makes our job getting top 4 even harder. Gutted to see him going to yee.

Actually stunned to read people here saying they on a downer Di Maria interest may have cooled? Yee are getting OZIL!!!! Would be insanity for madrid to sell ship kaka, ozil and di maria same window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Could do a lot worse than Abel Hernandez as a backup.

Ozil is the marquee signing that was needed, Wenger had it planned all along :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

viper006 wrote: »
    Arsenal getting Ozil is a huge coup for yee guys..As a pool fan it makes our job getting top 4 even harder. Gutted to see him going to yee.

Actually stunned to read people here saying they on a downer Di Maria interest may have cooled? Yee are getting OZIL!!!! Would be insanity for madrid to sell ship kaka, ozil and di maria same window.

not forgetting Higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »

Mo Farah has better things to do then to have a rant about his football team he supports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

viper006 wrote: »

We don't actually need Ozil, we have other positions that urgently need filling. Still a great signing, but it still doesn't solve the issues we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Anyone know why Ozil wanted to leave, I always thought he was a first team player for RM and was also one of their most consistent? Can't imagine how his position would be under threat with the arrival of Bale considering that Ozil plays a different role to and also because Ozil is still a better player than Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If its just Ozil its still a bit underwhelming. We'll be short in other areas and relying on Giroud to stay fit all season. Need another 2 players at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

We don't actually need Ozil, we have other positions that urgently need filling. Still a great signing, but it still doesn't solve the issues we have.

If it emerged tomorrow that Wenger had the chance to sign Ozil and turned it down what would you opinion be? Arsenal under Wenger have always more or less been a "we'll score more than you" type of team

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

keano_afc wrote: »
    If its just Ozil its still a bit underwhelming. We'll be short in other areas and relying on Giroud to stay fit all season. Need another 2 players at least.

Till January anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I want 60,000 in the Emirates for the unveiling.

Would probably get the biggest cheer since we build it, the place would erupt when he walks out, would be awesome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement