Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

jester77 wrote: »
    We don't actually need Ozil, we have other positions that urgently need filling. Still a great signing, but it still doesn't solve the issues we have.

Yes yee do, Any team in the world would be lucky to have him. Hes a assist machine and will complement your team beautifully.He is world class. Im actually speechless at the bit in bold of your statement. Wenger cant win it seems.

I understand yee would like more depth in other areas of your team but trust me as a liverpool fan seeing arsenal bidding 42.5m for ozil vs moses coming in on loan is arsenal eating a steak dinner and us eating outta a dumpster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wawaman wrote: »
    If it emerged tomorrow that Wenger had the chance to sign Ozil and turned it down what would you opinion be? Arsenal under Wenger have always more or less been a "we'll score more than you" type of team

He's a great signing, I don't deny that and I am delighted to have him. Of course we would have been foolish to turn him down, he's a truly world class player, which we don't have since Van Persie left. But we have more urgent positions to fill, if anything happens Giroud we will be in trouble... unless Bendtner stays of course ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Capoue will only be out for a month, no break just a sprain, glad to hear it.

viper006 wrote: »
    Yes yee do, Any team in the world would be lucky to have him. Hes a assist machine and will complement your team beautifully.He is world class. Im actually speechless at the bit in bold of your statement. Wenger cant win it seems.

I understand yee would like more depth in other areas of your team but trust me as a liverpool fan seeing arsenal bidding 42.5m for ozil vs moses coming in on loan is arsenal eating a steak dinner and us eating outta a dumpster.

I think my post is being taken up the wrong way. I'm just saying that we are not exactly lacking in creativity right now, but he will definitely add to it. But there's no point in having an assist machine if there is no one to finish all these chances he would create and if anything were to happen to Giroud we could end up in that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Moyes must be sick.

• Advertisement

viper006 wrote: »

Not all bad now. Ye did sign Sakho and ye're top of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I think my post is being taken up the wrong way. I'm just saying that we are not exactly lacking in creativity right now, but he will definitely add to it. But there's no point in having an assist machine if there is no one to finish all these chances he would create and if anything were to happen to Giroud we could end up in that position

I think the club recognise that with the fact they are said to be interested in Ba/Hernandez. Ba on loan would be a short term solution, (dont know anything about Hernandez) A last minute big bid for Suarez would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bendtner at Crystal Palace sitting in the carpark doing an Odemwingie :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We're not as bad off as you're trying to claim.

Giroud
    Podolski
    Sanogo
    Walcott

Can all play up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

its too quiet now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

BTKgMiHCQAE4l7t.jpg

I'm now slightly optimistic..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    BTKgMiHCQAE4l7t.jpg

I'm now slightly optimistic..

Did you do that yourself? :D

Bild saying the medical is passed, not that that wasn't a formality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is it a medical or is he being cloned?
    Taking such a long time. He's there since before 10 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If it's anything like out-patients at the Mater, I could well believe it ;)

Understandably i suppose we are going to keep people/media guessing but i would say there was probably a bit more involved then the medical such as shirt presentations and all that jazz.

greendom wrote: »
    If it's anything like out-patients at the Mater, I could well believe it ;)

That's it. In order to make savings from this transfer we are putting the medical through the public health system :pac:

Medicals have loads of scans and test results and such. They can be rushed or skipped but there is no need this early in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭golfball37

Real fans were singing "Don't sell Ozil" at the Bale unveiling earlier.

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 2m

Last RT: "Arsenal to confirm Özil signing in one hour."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Honigstein says Ozil will be confirmed in an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

wont believe it till i see him at the emeriates holding a jersey !

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Won't believe it until he wins us the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I won't believe it till he's confirmed to be injured for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Quazzie wrote: »
    I won't believe it till he's confirmed to be injured for the remainder of the season.

International break on the horizon, will be keeping an eye on him.

Just realised we still have Park. Assuming Bendtner was locked out, he's the only deadweight left. Amazing summer in regards shifting all that wasted space.

This signing will be up there with Bergkamp in terms of importance.

We will not only be getting a great player but making a statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This signing will be up there with Bergkamp in terms of importance.

We will not only be getting a great player but making a statement

I'm still in shock. If we sign him a jersey and his name on the back will be purchased for sure.

Right. I'm going to have something to eat then watching Breaking Bad. I'm leaving (I hope!!!!!) my laptop, iPad, Phone, everything up stairs. Hopefully I'll be back to good news :D

Saw 3 tweets from arsenal.com. Got excited

We’ll be discussing transfer deadline day, looking back at #AFCvTHFC and holding an open forum #ClockEnd

Are you freaking kidding me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Walcott is gonna score 30+ goals this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Walcott is gonna score 30+ goals this season

Including training?

The Bild saying that Ozil will be confirmed @17:30 CET to the Poldi-club.

5 year deal.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Including training?

Wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

8 mins to go!

...maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mo Farah ‏@Mo_Farah 3h
    Mesut Ozil having a medical with @Arsenal!!! Kiss kiss bang bang!!! Come on Arsenal.......!!!!!
    Retweeted by Lukas-Podolski.com

Poldi retweeting Farah, pretty sure hes mates with Ozil too..

• Advertisement

Wait and see

You've let this Ramsey prediction go to your head, you should sit back now and wait for the next 'right call', don't waste it on Theo

Poldi just retweeted Mo farahs tweet

Mesut Ozil having a medical with @Arsenal!!! Kiss kiss bang bang!!! Come on Arsenal.......!!!!!

It Mert walks out with Ozil up in the air Lion King style it would be the best announcement ever.

Soups123 wrote: »
    You've let this Ramsey prediction go to your head, you should sit back now and wait for the next 'right call', don't waste it on Theo

20+ plus last season

Now have ozil playing him in easily doable

Palermo president has confirmed Viviano is ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Serious signal of intent by signing Ozil. A pissed United fan here haha

Shane St. wrote: »
    Serious signal of intent by signing Ozil. A pissed United fan here haha

It's a serious sign of change if it comes true, a serious sign of intent would probably require another 1/2 similar deals.

But great all the same

Not being announced until 6. Well feck yiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭boccy23

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m Özil's wage demands the main reason why other clubs didn't bite, I believe. Will be close to 200k once add-ons etc are factored in

boccy23 wrote: »
    raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m Özil's wage demands the main reason why other clubs didn't bite, I believe. Will be close to 200k once add-ons etc are factored in

The Bild are saying it's a €47 million 5 year deal, with €7 million a year in wages which works at 115k pounds sterling a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The Bild are saying it's a €47 million 5 year deal, with €7 million a year in wages which works at 115k pounds sterling a week.

That's €7m a year after tax though. Most weekly wage figures that are reported are before tax. Apparently Madrid would only go as far as €5m after tax in a new contract. This is the impression I'm under anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

7 million is what I'm hearing too. Not outlandish by top club standards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So the state of play is this, Ozil appears to be all but done touch wood, new GK to be brought in as a backup it seems, Ba looks to be heading somewhere and more than likely our way. Di Maria would be the icing on the cake. Throw in the return of the Flamster not a bad few days or Arsenal FC. Would just love Di Maria however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why 6, please god no other club is talking to him or he's having second thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We need two more signings a Striker (if Ba signs that loan deal we be grand) and a LW. 4 signings will be tops.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement