Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

jonny666 wrote: »
    Me too. If we could get him for <20million id jump at the chance

If we sold him for 15 we'd be doing very well. :pac:

Get on the blower to Arsene, cheap price, cheap price, will not be beaten, best price for you my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

he's still a quality player I think. Wages are booooonkers though. (not that i care about wages, it's not my money!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

GavRedKing wrote: »

Get on the blower to Arsene, cheap price, cheap price, will not be beaten, best price for you my friend.

I'd bite ur hand off for him for 15million. I think he had a pretty good season last year. He's a different player then when he was at Liverpool. His all round play has improved I think.

Can we have Lukaku too please?? Goina be a beast. Actually, he already is!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Giroud is better than Torres, so no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I read that in Paddy Doherty's accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bendnter would probably score just as many up front as Torres would to be honest, given a long run of games as the main striker. That would be a nightmare signing.

Also Spurs have signed Soldado which by my reckoning gives them a better squad as things stand.

Arsenal fans getting desperate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Spurs certainly are good at this "buying players" phenomenon that fans of other clubs have been telling me about. Let me get this straight: you 'buy' players... with actual money? :eek:

AdamD wrote: »
    .Also Spurs have signed Soldado which by my reckoning gives them a better squad as things stand.

It's like we've started a race and are sat still while our closest rivals are about to lap us. Obviously the race isn't finished but we've needlessly given them a huge advantage.

Considering how ambitious and pro-active Spurs are now in the transfer market, imagine what Levy will do to reinvest the £80-£100m for Bale. Actually, try not to imagine that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Whay will we do with all the money we will get for Bendtner and Chamack ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's like we've started a race and are sat still while our closest rivals are about to lap us. Obviously the race isn't finished but we've needlessly given them a huge advantage.

Considering how ambitious and pro-active Spurs are now in the transfer market, imagine what Levy will do to reinvest the £80-£100m for Bale. Actually, try not to imagine that.

They're lapping us, two weeks before the race starts? Get a grip ffs. There's only part of the race that matters and that's the end. You're ten months early there mate.

Regardless of who's lapping who its quite bemusing to think that this was the summer where we would supposedly be looking upwards at the top 3 and who we should overtake. Instead, we're looking at Spurs strengthening and us standing still, bearing in mind we only beat them by a point last season its quite worrying.

Of course Bale could leave and we could strengthen over the next few weeks but as things stand, its not a good situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

What excuses will Wenger and the board make for the lack of signings?

Seriously if Wenger was manger of any other top club he'd would have been sacked by now. The Scum have signed two big signings, Chelsea have bought and City have got stronger and a better coach. While are manger comes with the usual spewing of B.S and lies for not singing players. Sad to be an Arsenal fan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Whay will we do with all the money we will get for Bendtner and Chamack ? :D

I'm sure we can afford to spend 5million to any club willing to take them :)

Quazzie wrote: »
    They're lapping us, two weeks before the race starts? Get a grip ffs. There's only part of the race that matters and that's the end. You're ten months early there mate.

My incredible metaphor was only pertaining to the summer transfer window and how teams will shape up for the next season.

Another day another meltdown

This thread is quite amusing

Vent people vent

DC ‏@DLDN22 25m
    Arsenal have been told to up their bid for Suarez to £50m & Liverpool will sell. Suarez keeping quiet to allow #lfc to negotiate a fee. #afc

One things for sure; if Suarez doesn't happen Dean and Geoff will have lost whatever credibility they had. The clubs backed themselves into a corner where Suarez is seemingly the only target left, will they go up to 50m?

Another day another meltdown

This thread is quite amusing

Vent people vent

What do you expect? to accept everything and just go with the flow :pac:.

It's sad to see our club lacking ambition and our manager been so stubborn.

No matter how much money they have they will still have trouble attracting players the quality of Bale.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    What do you expect? to accept everything and just go with the flow :pac:.

It's sad to see our club lacking ambition and our manager been so stubborn.

When the players are signed I hope you Change your tune :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

will they go up to 50m?

They should, just get it over with.

DC ‏@DLDN22 25m
    Arsenal have been told to up their bid for Suarez to £50m & Liverpool will sell. Suarez keeping quiet to allow #lfc to negotiate a fee. #afc

One things for sure; if Suarez doesn't happen Dean and Geoff will have lost whatever credibility they had. The clubs backed themselves into a corner where Suarez is seemingly the only target left, will they go up to 50m?

Yep somewhere in the mid 40s with stupid add ons will make it up

When the players are signed I hope you Change your tune :)

I want to be proved wrong and made shut up. Can't wait until it happens until then I'm angry dammit :P

I think Wenger really believes that we are good enough to mount a challenge.
    I disagree. We might hold 4th but unless we strengthen we will do no more than that.
    I think he will buy a player or two but Suarez will not be one of them. Neither will Rooney (hopefully).
    Wenger seems to be happy enough with what he has and keeps coming out saying that they are training well and raring to go.
    It's only when we get a few injuries that the cracks will appear and then we will hear about the January window and what we will do then (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd bite ur hand off for him for 15million. I think he had a pretty good season last year. He's a different player then when he was at Liverpool. His all round play has improved I think.

Can we have Lukaku too please?? Goina be a beast. Actually, he already is!!

No, in fact I dont want Rooney becuase I think it will negate Lukakus development as he'll be 2nd fiddle to Rooney.

There was echos of Torres to Valencia a few days ago on the back of Spurs moving for Soldado, its one to watch, if anything I expect he'll be loaned to them but we know they have 30 million but I'm wondering how much of that will be sunk into the club and its debts.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    I want to be proved wrong and made shut up. Can't wait until it happens until then I'm angry dammit :P

By deadline day we will have a striker and a midfielder that I'm convinced

Wenger believes we can win everything, anytime.
    What he doesn't realise though is that there are other teams in the way of that, and they have more quality.
    But to admit that is to admit defeat, admirable and delusional all in one.

I think Wenger really believes that we are good enough to mount a challenge.
    I disagree. We might hold 4th but unless we strengthen we will do no more than that.
    I think he will buy a player or two but Suarez will not be one of them. Neither will Rooney (hopefully).
    Wenger seems to be happy enough with what he has and keeps coming out saying that they are training well and raring to go.
    It's only when we get a few injuries that the cracks will appear and then we will hear about the January window and what we will do then (again).

I think he's so stubborn to prove you don't have to spend millions on player to win the league, he's seriously lost the plot.

No, in fact I dont want Rooney becuase I think it will negate Lukakus development as he'll be 2nd fiddle to Rooney.

There was echos of Torres to Valencia a few days ago on the back of Spurs moving for Soldado, its one to watch, if anything I expect he'll be loaned to them but we know they have 30 million but I'm wondering how much of that will be sunk into the club and its debts.

Id be the same if I was Chelsea fan. Lukaku is goina be some striker I reckon.

Back to Arsenal and some people on here need to really chill out. OK its not ideal to be getting players in late(its not even that late) but im confident we will get the players we need. They might not be the players we all want but I have faith in Wenger. People seem to forget, this is the first time in years that no one will be leaving. That make me excited enough for the new season. Ye guys need to stop reading bs rumors on twitter and coming in freaking out. Some of the rumors ive seen have been from guys with 1000 followers who are nobodies and people are getting their nickers in a twist.

Edit: BBC are reporting spurs have a fee agreed with Soldado. Bale is def gone I think and that is a downgrade for their team. No doubt people will be screaming saying why didnt we buy him. Why didnt Real or Barca or any CL team for that matter? He might be better the Giroud but 26million better? I think not

No matter how much money they have they will still have trouble attracting players the quality of Bale.

As opposed to us, who can attract them but will never pay their club's valuation?

• Advertisement

Id be the same if I was Chelsea fan. Lukaku is goina be some striker I reckon.

Back to Arsenal and some people on here need to really chill out. OK its not ideal to be getting players in late(its not even that late) but im confident we will get the players we need. They might not be the players we all want but I have faith in Wenger. People seem to forget, this is the first time in years that no one will be leaving. That make me excited enough for the new season. Ye guys need to stop reading bs rumors on twitter and coming in freaking out. Some of the rumors ive seen have been from guys with 1000 followers who are nobodies and people are getting their nickers in a twist.

Edit: BBC are reporting spurs have a fee agreed with Soldado. Bale is def gone I think and that is a downgrade for their team. No doubt people will be screaming saying why didnt we buy him. Why didnt Real or Barca or any CL team for that matter? He might be better the Giroud but 26million better? I think not

Giroud didn't cost 4m. Soldado is twice his price and got double the amount of league goals Giroud got last year. And why should fans just accept that Spurs now have a better striker than us, without CL and probably with half the initial summer budget that we have.

Giroud will be an Arsenal legend in my opinion.
    Been saying this for ages.
    This season he will be top dog I feel.
    He looks very "lean and hungry" to use a Shakespearean quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Giroud didn't cost 4m. Soldado is twice his price and got double the amount of league goals Giroud got last year. And why should fans just accept that Spurs now have a better striker than us, without CL and probably with half the initial summer budget that we have.

Spurs are playing it smart, they are buying the players before they sell Bale. If they sold Bale first then clubs would know they were flush and up the price. That's why our lot were stupid to come out with this war chest comment. It is now known we have cash and this pushes up player prices straight away when we show interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The day you have one positive thing to day about Arsenal is the day I may treat your posts seriously. If there's a negative angle you have it covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You missed his point.

I am in no way bother we missed out on him. He is not the level that would improve us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jester77 wrote: »
    Spurs are playing it smart, they are buying the players before they sell Bale. If they sold Bale first then clubs would know they were flush and up the price. That's why our lot were stupid to come out with this war chest comment. It is now known we have cash and this pushes up player prices straight away when we show interest.
    Agreed it was managed much better last season when Rvps replacements were brought in before he was sold

The will lose Bale and Ade, they will have this guy and Paulinho (or something like that), losing Bale is huge for them he was there centre piece probably got them an extra 20 points last year. They will really struggle this year I feel

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Makes no difference. Anyone paying attention to our financial results and commercial announcements will know we’re loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Makes no difference. Anyone paying attention to our financial results and commercial announcements will know we’re loaded.

But we never spend big, everyone knows that. Price too high and we always walk away, so clubs know that we have a limit. But this year we've let everyone know we can spend big, so clubs now know they can squeeze us for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Lol, your negativity is clouding logic.

A 20 goal striker in Spain is not the same as a 20 goal striker in England.

2 teams finishing on 100 points for a couple of years in a row. Loads of players hitting close to or better than a goal a game.

Treat stats from la liga with huge pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Regardless of quality the squad is too small to challenge, I daresay even for 4th.
    I posted it a couple of days back and it’s a very small squad indeed. Wenger will absolutely know this. I’m certain he’ll bring players in.
    There’s room to give Gnabry and Eisfeld some game time which is positive.

Soldado was the main focal point at Valencia, but he is limited in ability. He’ll score goals, but he’s a “streaky” player (according to my la liga obsessed best friend). I’m not worried that spurs have him. His price tag is indicative of 2 things: limited available strikers in the market this summer, and a lot of clubs have a lot of money to spend. If we’d have liked him we could have gotten him. I’m sure that Giroud is a better all-round player, and a more intelligent player. Sure, Giroud missed a couple of chances last year that he should have finished off, most notably early on in the Chelsea game, and people got on his case because it took him 8 games to find his mark, but he’s a very very good player and so far his attitude (from interviews) and his physical conditioning in pre season (he looks leaner and sharper) bode well for the future. I think he won’t wilt under competition with another striker. On the other hand, I think he NEEDS another striker pushing him. Someone of the ilk of Suarez would form a fantastic partnership/competition for Giroud.
    However I don’t think we’ll get Suarez, but it’s glaringly obvious that we need another CF as Yaya and Giroud are the only two definite strikers (I still consider Poldi and Walcott as Wing Forwards and neither convince me at all playing as the middle man in a front 3)
    We’re also very short at CB, and Left Wing is an issue also.

Spurs are playing it smart, they are buying the players before they sell Bale.

I agree, but we did the same last year bringin in poldi and giroud before losing that Dutch guy.

Soups123 wrote: »
    The will lose Bale and Ade, they will have this guy and Paulinho (or something like that), losing Bale is huge for them he was there centre piece probably got them an extra 20 points last year. They will really struggle this year I feel

They may not struggle.
    They will move Dembele into Bale's position. he will be freed-up. He is a good player and creator too and they have new fire power now as well, although it might take the new players time to settle. Wouldn't be so foolish to rule them out at all.

They may not struggle.
    They will move Dembele into Bale's position. he will be freed-up. He is a good player and creator too and they have new fire power now as well, although it might take the new players time to settle. Wouldn't be so foolish to rule them out at all.

I wouldnt rule them out, but I dont think they will do as well next year as they did this. Bale is a HUGE loss to them, he really is more than any player we have lost over the years. I think they will really struggle to get over his loss and push on at the same time.

Spurs without bale will be a bit of an unknown, I think losing him will be a blow (obviously!) to club morale aswell, you’ve got two new guys settling in to English culture, maybe AvB regretting turning PSG down,etc etc.
    They’re in for loads of Europe league games, there’s definite pressure from the fans to finish at least 4th. I wouldn’t discount them, but for me it could go either way. And Bale totally rescued them loads of times last year, weaker teams just simply couldn’t cope with his speed and strength. They’ll lose a lot when they lose him, but 80 million plus is very hard to turn down when they’ve got a stadium to fund.
    They’ve also got to buy a CB as they only have 3 senior ones left – Kaboul (back from a long term injury), Vertonghen (injured currently) and Dawson. Gallas is gone as is Caulker.

100million though will help fix that

Soups123 wrote: »
    I wouldnt rule them out, but I dont think they will do as well next year as they did this. Bale is a HUGE loss to them, he really is more than any player we have lost over the years. I think they will really struggle to get over his loss and push on at the same time.

Loosing cesc I think was worse for us, team was built for him

I'm still heartbroken and bitter about that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

about 90m will go to their new stadium

As an Gunner you should know having money fixes nothing.

Spurs a shrewd with cash and transfers I expect a few reasonable buys but nothing bigger than what they have done so far. I think both there big signings where in anticipation of losing Bale

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-arsenal-england-left-back-kenny-2111668#ixzz2aiToreZF

Sad news on Kenny Sansom. Hopefully the Club will give him a hand with his addiction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement