Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

shano_88 wrote: »
    We finished 3rd last year.

Im trying to keep away from all this thread/twitter but Ive been reading both tonight. I can understand the frustration and am getting frustrated myself at the lack of signing. I wont fully judge until the window is over but Im not too optimistic at this stage.

Good shout forgot all about us finishing 3rd with all this talk of 4th place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

One thing I will say about spurs though is Paulinho, has anyone actually seen him enough to say he is a beast?

I think the price tag and a good game at the confederations cup has him hyped up.

I'm going with another donkey here, similar to palacios!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Good shout forgot all about us finishing 3rd with all this talk of 4th place :pac:

Stop being negative and saying we finished 4th!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

First off I apologise because I appear to because I'm probably one of those posters who only post a few times a year to "moan".

To the lads saying, "wait til September and then judge what Wenger has done in the transfer market then" Bullsh1t. We are in trouble NOW. Spurs have strengthened a ton, City and Mourinho back at Chelsea, we are in trouble and we can't write off United either given they are current champions and will only strengthen their squad too.

If we don't buy this could very well be the season we don't finish in CL position, not that is even good enough anymore. We have a real chance to go and compete for it this season, not be buried by Feburay as usual. I want us to do well, I want Wenger to spend some cash, I want world class players. We are obviously lacking in several key areas.

To let Higuain go to Nappoli for 32 mil was an absolute crime for me. We are continually linked with these players and seem to bid low on them just to keep us (the fans) happy. OH no, "Real Madrid moved the goalposts" and wanted 32 mil instead of 30, and "we were right not to buy" - lol. Well Napoli now have a fantastic player that could push them on this year and they may even win Serie A who knows.

What I don't want is to be posting here in 9 months time saying "I told you so"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

One thing I will say about spurs though is Paulinho, has anyone actually seen him enough to say he is a beast?

I think the price tag and a good game at the confederations cup has him hyped up.

I'm going with another donkey here, similar to palacios!

I haven't seen much of him but from what i saw from playing for Brazil he does look like a very good player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Am actually beginning to get worried to be honest - we were short last season and our squad has depleted since then, I know none of the players are big misses but they were part of the squad and we were already short when injuries occurred so what now? Chelsea, City and United already had stronger squads than us and Spurs are adding to theirs and whether Bale stays or goes I see them adding one or two more...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

TheGunns wrote: »
    We didn't sign whoever was left last season, we bought pretty early

My wrong it was the season before :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bild who I think are pretty reliable for German news are saying we have a bid in for Gustavo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Bild who I think are pretty reliable for German news are saying we have a bid in for Gustavo

Well that would be a real plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They changed targets to Suarez thought its a better deal

What's wrong with that

So so so so much. To everyone other than the Arsenal board it looks like an incredibly risky strategy that's bound to fail as Liverpool selling to us would be absolute suicide. Whatever chance they have of CL football would be instantly gone if they sold Suarez to Arsenal. That's why its extremely unlikely that it will happen and why it is looking like a horrible decision to switch targets to Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Still just feel that if the supporters are this concerned that surely someone in the club is going to force the issue. I mean people are really losing it, they are gonna have to buy to avoid a serious backlash.

Sad to hear about Kenny Samson, great player. Met him on a tour before extremely nice man. Hope he can get back on his feet and the club do all they can for him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hit n miss. More of the latter usually. Kicker is 100% reliable if looking for Bundesliga related transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

positive talk this evening on Suarez and Gustavo. Two SERIOUS signings if they come through.

Don't hope though, it's the hope that gets you in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

bad2dabone wrote: »
    positive talk this evening on Suarez and Gustavo. Two SERIOUS signings if they come through.

Don't hope though, it's the hope that gets you in the end.

So you're saying we are 100% going to sign them?

... Fcuking brilliant, absolutely great signings.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So you're saying we are 100% going to sign them?

... Fcuking brilliant, absolutely great signings.

NOOOO BLOBBY! DON'T HOPE!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No, they just say that we are interested and that he would cost 10 million. The entire article is about Wolfsburg though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hope can kill a man. Get busy buying or get busy losing out on 4th place.

No, they just say that we are interested and that he would cost 10 million. The entire article is about Wolfsburg though.

f*ck it, 10m, lets have a whip-round and buy him ourselves, deliver him to the emirates and say "there Arsene. We bought this one for you"

Infinite patience gets you immediate results.

I think Arsene has that on his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I think most posters in here are actually fairly neutral about Wenger. The problem is, there are a minority of posters in here who are totally anti-Wenger (and will admit to being so). This then causes an imbalance in the the thread.

The anti-Wenger "brigade" are more interested in converting others to their way of thinking than whatever business Arsenal actually do. Every time someone else signs a player that occupies a position where we are looking for a player, it becomes a crisis that "x" player was available for "however many million" despite the fact that the player would not have improved our squad or even would have been good enough as a back up. When this happens, many posters point out that the player is either not good enough or not what we need and may come across as being pro-Wenger, whereas they are just trying to adjust the imbalance. This is not helped by other supporters assisting the anti-Wenger brigade.

The truth of the matter is this: We have a very good first team, not superb, not excellent, but nonetheless, a very good first team. If we can add a striker (who won't imbalance the team) and possibly a DMF (despite the fact Wenger has been saying we don't play that formation anymore, for many years?), we could potentially have a title challenging team. Our problem, as always, will be subs if someone gets injured, and this is much more difficult to address.

In my mind, we need maybe one big signing, maybe Suarez, maybe an alternative. Other than that we need cover if people get injured. Other than that, if we are not relying on replacements and we have our first choice team out, there is no reason that we should not be challenging for a title.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

HazDanz wrote: »

Do Liverpool have Europe football this season do you know?? If not then we can afford to wait out the Suarez deal as he has got a 6 game ban hanging over him.

Hopefully things will start to get dirty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

So anyone got a listing of our upcoming televised fixtures?
    Evil_Clown wrote: »
    So it looks like between setanta Ireland, bt and sky our 1st 7 games are on tv

http://www.wheresthematch.com/Football/Arsenal.asp

http://www.setanta.com/ie/premier-league-fixtures/

12 of the first 13 league games are on TV between them 3 channels, well the 2 packs really (sky 6, setanta 4, BT 2 ) , the only game that isn't is Norwich at home on the 19th of october

that's the fixtures until the end of november, as far as they're done TV wise. In december arsenal play everton, man city, chelsea and west ham (boxing day) amongst others at least 2 of them will be guaranteed to be on

& all the CL games will be on too

& btw the emirates cup is on BT this year not sky

Pity half the matches won't be on my TV. Just not the same hunting down a crappy stream.

Pity half the matches won't be on my TV. Just not the same hunting down a crappy stream.

go for one of the paid streaming sites, they're worth it & aren't expensive either

or the dodgy sky - stories of this not working much longer though

Not expensive but my connection can be unusable for streaming a lot of the time. I likely won't be at home for all the matches so I'll just make an extra effort for the ones that are on Sky :pac:

Not expensive but my connection can be unusable for streaming a lot of the time. I likely won't be at home for all the matches so I'll just make an extra effort for the ones that are on Sky :pac:

don't over over analyse them though & criticise anyone :pac:

the better games are on sky anyway for the first round of TV fixtures

batistuta9 wrote: »
    don't over over analyse them though & criticise anyone :pac:

the better games are on sky anyway for the first round of TV fixtures

"One signing and it would look every bit as good as Sky HD!" :pac:

arsenal are going to sign a new player from South Korea. FU-KIN-NO-WAN'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

arsenal are going to sign a new player from South Korea. FU-KIN-NO-WAN'

Thanks for that valuable contribution. Really worthwhile to regurgitate a year-old twitter joke.

greendom wrote: »
    Thanks for that valuable contribution. Really worthwhile to regurgitate a year-old twitter joke.

You know what, I'm actually glad I posted it solely for the reason it annoyed you enough to actually reply with a message like this, job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Guardian saying Liverpool bid for Diego Costa....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You know what, I'm actually glad I posted it solely for the reason it annoyed you enough to actually reply with a message like this, job done!

So that's why you post all this s**t on here - to annoy me - glad you have such worthwhile goals in your life.

greendom wrote: »
    So that's why you post all this s**t on here - to annoy me - glad you have such worthwhile goals in your life.

Ah no I only posted it here as a bit of light hearted humour seems its pretty negative lately, I didn't know it was an old joke, but seems you got your knickers in a twist and replied with a smart arse reply I'm now glad it annoyed you if that's the attitude you have.

Happy Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Rumour sounds like bull IMO, Wan is a Chinese surname so I doubt he comes from Korea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

go for one of the paid streaming sites, they're worth it & aren't expensive either

or the dodgy sky - stories of this not working much longer though

Any names for these sites, the one I use got shut down last year

In other news got my ticket for villa

Love been there for opening day

Good stuff, would love to be there too, did you get a ticket handy enough or are you a member?

got mine too, looking forward to it immensely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

got mine too, looking forward to it immensely :)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Going to the Emirates cup tomorrow. Expecting to hear the "spend some fúcking money" chants ringing loud and clear.

I'm only going to see Eboue anyways.

• Advertisement

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Going to the Emirates cup tomorrow. Expecting to hear the "spend some fúcking money" chants ringing loud and clear.

I'm only going to see Eboue anyways.

make sure to wrap a load of cardboard - cereal boxes will do - on your torso like they do in jail so you don't get shanked :eek:

flashsporttreams? i used to use this one if thats it.
    LOF? this is still going under a new name(s) hd-streaming.tv being one but i think its closed to new subscribers as is the one i use now

others:
    plus1HD is the only other one i've used, it's about €8 a month
    news-source.tv
    i can't remember the others of the top of my head but they're in the thread here about them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

flashsporttreams? i used to use this one if thats it.
    LOF? this is still going under a new name(s) hd-streaming.tv being one but i think its closed to new subscribers as is the one i use now

others:
    plus1HD is the only other one i've used, it's about €8 a month
    news-source.tv
    i can't remember the others of the top of my head but they're in the thread here about them

Aren't those sites con jobs that just link you to illegal streams that are free anyway?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aren't those sites con jobs that just link you to illegal streams that are free anyway?

short answer = no.

long ans. = there are sites like you're on about but these ones aren't them, they do the streaming themselves and the quality is far far better than the free ones.
    The free streams were pants the last time i was using them, these type of sites offer proper HD streams & i've watched them on a 42" TV without issues, though i usually don't bother doing it.
    There's a thread on these sites here on the soccer forum with loads of people swearing by them.
    I'll be honest and say they aren't 100% perfect all the time and then if it's like that you feel more fúcked off than if you were using a free one (even though you're paying very little) but that's only a small percentage of the time. they're worth trying out anyway to see for yourself, even a day pass but you'd be as well going a month for all the price it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah we were using my friends brothers account to watch streams for the Lions from one of those payed sites and the quality was excellent and much more reliable than the free ones.

I might consider using one this season if I don't get Sky etc. back in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Anyone see Ian Wrights article (well quotes) on the football section in BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23539678

Though we need to sign big players, we are not that attractive with big names in our squad. This is probably the main obstacle in trying to attract players.

I know people will say Wilshere, but since his comeback from injury he has not fully proven himself. He needs a full (majority) season to prove his ability. I think he is over-rated atm because he is English and the English media will do this with most English players and because he had a good spell before his injury, which was a while ago. He had sparks during the season last year but not consistent and some of his passing was poor. That said he was only just back from injury.

Players don't always come back as good from injury. For example (forgetting about CL), would you rather play in a team with Bale or Wilshere?

In the Gustavo chase (if rumours are true about wanting to sign him!!), I would only sign for Arsenal if there was an agreement that other big name players (like Suarez) come in during the Summer and if not I could leave next Summer for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We should have had these streams sorted in June, but now we're left picking up the rubbish ones coz all the best streams are gone.

This forum is getting to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

keano_afc wrote: »
    We should have had these streams sorted in June, but now we're left picking up the rubbish ones coz all the best streams are gone.

This forum is getting to me

Haha brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

We have to go in for Gustavo, looks like Bayern have said he can leave. If Wolfsburg get him then either we're nuts not to go in for him or he would rather play guaranteed 1st team before the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

TheGunns wrote: »
    We have to go in for Gustavo, looks like Bayern have said he can leave. If Wolfsburg get him then either we're nuts not to go in for him or he would rather play guaranteed 1st team before the World Cup
    He is exactly the type of player we need to sit on front and protect the back 4, I would be absolutely dumbfounded if we are not in for him at that price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement