Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Khumalo? He signed for Spurs 2 years ago...

Took it from Spurs 2013/14 list after the other poster said they signed Soldado -
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

HazDanz wrote: »
    Fcuk me didn't take long for the negativity to seep back into the thread.

Girud is better then Ibra ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Will he come to us though, no matter what we bid he probably wants Madrid more.

True. I fear we've missed the boat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Arsenal is the fat sweaty chick alone on the dance floor at the end of the night.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Took it from Spurs 2013/14 list after the other poster said they signed Soldado -
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html
    They've been dumping him out on loan for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

@English_AS: Higuaín is off to Napoli for 37 million euros. He’ll be on 6 million a year. Should be official soon.

@English_AS: Soldado on the point of signing for Tottenham for 30 million http://t.co/zdAGrgwATQ

*Deep breath*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Maybe we are coming to the end of our tether and we want to see a few quality acquisitions, players that will come straight into the club and immediately strengthen our starting XI.

Aye as does everybody who supports the team I'd imagine. I just fined it funny how people can get so self involved with transfer gossip about who is coming in from sources other than the manager/club - no basis for their claims a lot of the time.

The transfers will come but patience is needed. No one has any idea what is involved with negotiations or what the club is doing behind closed doors. People getting negative for no reason in my eyes. The club said they will do their best to spend the money on improving the team. I believe them when they say that, the players believe them when they say that so I don't see why we shouldn't either.

I honestly am surprised that I'm apparently the most negative person on this thread, all I've said it is that I ignore transfer rumours, notice the league table and lack of trophies for the last decade and the fact that we have done nothing but sell this summer.
    Just add inho on to the end whenever youre talking bout him in the pub.

We're not Liverpool.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Aye as does everybody who supports the team I'd imagine. I just fined it funny how people can get so self involved with transfer gossip about who is coming in from sources other than the manager/club - no basis for their claims a lot of the time.

The transfers will come but patience is needed. No one has any idea what is involved with negotiations or what the club is doing behind closed doors. People getting negative for no reason in my eyes. The club said they will do their best to spend the money on improving the team. I believe them when they say that, the players believe them when they say that so I don't see why we shouldn't either.

Can I quote that back to you when our two main summer targets, Higuain and Suarez, move to Napoli and Real, possiby by the end of the week?

Patience? Arsenal fans are very, very patient. We've waited 8 years for a trophy.

Higuain moves to Napoli.

@English_AS: Gonzalo Higuaín leaves Real Madrid for Napoli http://t.co/0JPhHcDuk3

• Advertisement

Can I quote that back to you when our two main summer targets, Higuain and Suarez, move to Napoli and Real, possiby by the end of the week?

Patience? Arsenal fans are very, very patient. We've waited 8 years for a trophy.

Aye and I'll quote back to you at the end of the window :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Higuain moves to Napoli.

@English_AS: Gonzalo Higuaín leaves Real Madrid for Napoli http://t.co/0JPhHcDuk3

€40m? Mother of god.

All in for Suarez now by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

FearDark wrote: »
    Arsenal is the fat sweaty chick alone on the dance floor at the end of the night.

Suits me just fine! :o

FearDark wrote: »

Eating an eclair as well out of the handbag.

€28m was a fair price, Napoli were willing to more so its a no brainer as far as Real are concerned

Jesus just seen Spurs are looking at splashing out €30m on Solado. You gotta admire Levy at times. He certainly springs a few surprises

€40m? Mother of god.

All in for Suarez now by the looks of things.

Real now have the funds for Suarez though. It's crap to say but the Higuain move being dead makes the Suarez move dead too. He won't move to us over Real. Time to dig around the bargain bin again.

Real have always had the funds for Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Real now have the funds for Suarez though. It's crap to say but the Higuain move being dead makes the Suarez move dead too. He won't move to us over Real. Time to dig around the bargain bin again.

That could be the issue alright because that's a fair whack of money for them to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lewandowski??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jesus just seen Spurs are looking at splashing out €30m on Solado. You gotta admire Levy at times. He certainly springs a few surprises

Well levy loves spurs. Does silent stan even attend games? Does he ****.

• Advertisement

Real have always had the funds for Suarez.

You think? They only upped the price for Higuain after they activated Illarmendi's (crazy) release clause.

I can't believe how bad this summer has been so far tbh. We've seen so many fantastic strikers move around Europe that I wonder who we'll eventually end up with at this stage, if anyone.

Lewandowski??

We'd be wasting our time, he's dead set on Bayern and apparently wasnt interested in clubs like United or Real sniffing around.

All I can think of at this point all seem unlikely (Ibra) or underwhelming (Papiss Cisse). I genuinely don't think we'll get a striker now. We'll strengthen a few areas but we'll be told that Giroud is energised and ready to go etc.

You think? They only upped the price for Higuain after they activated Illarmendi's (crazy) release clause.
    Yeah, their revenue just continues to rise and rise, and is well past €500m a year at this stage. An amortised transfer fee of €8m a year is **** all to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jesus people relax, Higuain hasnt moved yet, Suarez hasn't moved yet take a deep breath and step away from the computer.

Fair enough being negative and ranting and raving if at the end of the window we have done no business but for fcuk sake that time is not now.

RELAX.

Jesus people relax, Higuain hasnt moved yet, Suarez hasn't moved yet take a deep breath and step away from the computer.

Fair enough being negative and ranting and raving if at the end of the window we have done no business but for fcuk sake that time is not now.

RELAX.

I can see there been more than ranting and raving if no business is done in this window, the Emirates will be a very hostile place and rightfully so with the prices we pay for a match ticket.

I can see there been more than ranting and raving if no business is done in this window, the Emirates will be a very hostile place and rightfully so with the prices we pay for a match ticket.

Yeh and will be due aswell given how patient Arsenal fans have been in the most over the last few years and given the hope Gazidis filled all the fans with in the Q&A but the negativity should not be seeping in yet give the club time.

Yeh and will be due aswell given how patient Arsenal fans have been in the most over the last few years and given the hope Gazidis filled all the fans with in the Q&A but the negativity should not be seeping in yet give the club time.

True enough but I really had my hopes up that we would of done our business nice and early and had the new players acclimatised to the club for the start of the season.

Reading this thread tomorrow will be fun, we didn't want him anyway!

True enough but I really had my hopes up that we would of done our business nice and early and had the new players acclimatised to the club for the start of the season.
    Stop being such a negative voice on the thread.

• Advertisement

Yeh I get ya and we have all felt your frustrations at some point im sure but there is still plenty of time left for the club to do the signings we need and they want.

I like keeping an eye on twitter at times but its thing like twitter and watching them like a hawk would drive anyone round the bend with the amount of rumours.

On Higauin if it true that Real messed us about and now want 40m the screw them the club done the right thing, as for Suarez there is no indication that Real want him? Were the only club to have made an offer so far and like others have said Real never need to sell to buy.

Stop being such a negative voice on the thread.

:confused:

Are you winding me up? I wouldn't be posting negative stuff if we went out and showed a bit of ambition :confused:

Are you winding me up? I wouldn't be posting negative stuff if we went out and showed a bit of ambition :confused:

Nah he's just trying to be smart and failing ;).

Yeh I get ya and we have all felt your frustrations at some point im sure but there is still plenty of time left for the club to do the signings we need and they want.

I like keeping an eye on twitter at times but its thing like twitter and watching them like a hawk would drive anyone round the bend with the amount of rumours.

On Higauin if it true that Real messed us about and now want 40m the screw them the club done the right thing, as for Suarez there is no indication that Real want him? Were the only club to have made an offer so far and like others have said Real never need to sell to buy.

Real need a new striker if AS are correct and Suarez is the best on the market. In fact, AS's front cover tomorrow claims that Liverpool are waiting for the right offer from Real. Obviously they'd rather not sell to PL rivals. It's naive at this point to think that if the Higuain deal has gone through, Real won't immediately put the funds into a Suarez bid.

There's plenty of time left to make the signings in the positions we need but our biggest hole is up front and if you lose out on Suarez and Higuain it's a big drop to whoever you want next, considering the amount of top quality strikers at new clubs. I would be happy if we ended up with Williams, Fellaini, Bernard and iunno, Jackson Martinez, but it's dispiriting to see the likes of Sp*rs (keep Bale, sign Paulinho and perhaps Soldado) creeping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Real need a new striker if AS are correct and Suarez is the best on the market. In fact, AS's front cover tomorrow claims that Liverpool are waiting for the right offer from Real. Obviously they'd rather not sell to PL rivals. It's naive at this point to think that if the Higuain deal has gone through, Real won't immediately put the funds into a Suarez bid.

There's plenty of time left to make the signings in the positions we need but our biggest hole is up front and if you lose out on Suarez and Higuain it's a big drop to whoever you want next, considering the amount of top quality strikers at new clubs. I would be happy if we ended up with Williams, Fellaini, Bernard and iunno, Jackson Martinez, but it's dispiriting to see the likes of Sp*rs (keep Bale, sign Paulinho and perhaps Soldado) creeping up.

They haven't kept Bale yet. Remember Nasri signed for Man City on the 24th of August.

Nah he's just trying to be smart and failing ;).

I think you meant I was being too smart. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Seen almost 150 new posts so I got a little excited.

Then I see it's just the bitching brigade back out in force.

The positivity was nice for the few hours it lasted.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seen almost 150 new posts so I got a little excited.

Then I see it's just the bitching brigade back out in force.

The positivity was nice for the few hours it lasted.
    Out of interest, who is the bitching brigade? There were about 80 posts in between 2 of mine.

Out of interest, who is the bitching brigade? There were about 80 posts in between 2 of mine.

I never noticed you bitching more than anybody else tbh,

I never noticed you bitching more than anybody else tbh,
    I don't get it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reports higuan still wants move to arsenal but will make his decision about Napoli soon, suppose he wants it sorted just like us!

• Advertisement

Reports higuan still wants move to arsenal but will make his decision about Napoli soon, suppose he wants it sorted just like us!

As I've said before, we're both CL teams and Arsenal play in a higher standard of league and London has to be a lot more of an attraction than Naples. I think most players would pick us over Napoli.

However, despite the Mirror saying that we're "in the mix" for him I just can't see us coming back for a bid and if we do, we would need to match Napoli's reported €37m figure. Of course if AS are correct, it's too late for us to be debating this.

farna_boy wrote: »
    They haven't kept Bale yet. Remember Nasri signed for Man City on the 24th of August.

The cover of MARCA today claims that Bale has agreed a deal with Real and that the club will offer €85m and Contreao. Could be complete nonsense (AS's cover says Real are in for Suarez) but if MARCA are correct, then we would have a clear route to Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The cover of MARCA today claims that Bale has agreed a deal with Real and that the club will offer €85m and Contreao. Could be complete nonsense (AS's cover says Real are in for Suarez) but if MARCA are correct, then we would have a clear route to Suarez.

So basically about 100 million euros. I have a hard time believing that's true. If it is, Spurs should bite their hands off. No player is worth that. Not even Ronaldo and Messi........and Bale is a ways off that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Utd moving pretty fast in fairness to them.

Yeah but going nowhere all the same.

If we were still focused on Bender despite continually getting knocked back, this thread would be in even greater meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kirby wrote: »
    So basically about 100 million euros. I have a hard time believing that's true. If it is, Spurs should bite their hands off. No player is worth that. Not even Ronaldo and Messi........and Bale is a ways off that level.

€85m is a little over £70m. Was Ronaldo £ or €?

Ronaldo would cost well over £100m now and Messi even more.

May not be worth it, but thats the market these days due to the sugar daddy clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think concern is being mistaken for negativity. We're just afraid that this summer is following along the lines of others, the only difference being we've nobody with Barca DNA. The club havent helped, all the bravado about having sackloads of cash to spend not doubt got the hopes of the fans up, and we're yet to see any of it being spent. We've seen lots of players leave and nobody of significance come in. We're short at the back, and we've heard nothing of note in relation to reinforcements there.

Yes its July, but if there's any fans here that are completely relaxed about our transfer dealings can I please have some of what you're on? Past history (albeit recent) indicates that we struggle to get things done, I think concern from fans is not unfounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

New season is around 3 weeks away, if nobody is signed in the next 2 weeks then we could be a bit rough if we get a couple injuries in the first couple of games.

No panic mode by any means, I believe there will be signings before the season starts and if it's anyone that we are linked with then we won't be complaining about it taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

TheGunns wrote: »
    No panic mode by any means, I believe there will be signings before the season starts and if it's anyone that we are linked with then we won't be complaining about it taking so long.

But do you REALLY believe we will sign any of these players we are linked with? Maybe stupidly i did at the begining but the longer it has gone on the more it appears we are either didering or putting all our eggs into one very unstable basket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

wawaman wrote: »
    But do you REALLY believe we will sign any of these players we are linked with? Maybe stupidly i did at the begining but the longer it has gone on the more it appears we are either didering or putting all our eggs into one very unstable basket
    All the good strikers will be signed up and we will end up with bendter and chamakh!

Should have just coughed up for higuan, might yet still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I think people are forgetting the run we had at the end of last season. We went 9W 2D 1L in our last 12 games and I expect Giroud to be even better this season, plus we can only have a better start this season. You would think we were in a crisis situation going by the posts here. Some top signings would be nice but I wouldn't just sign someone for the sake of saying we signed someone and I wouldn't pay over the top for someone either. Class has a price but there is a limit too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement