Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Would like to see zelalem for 20mins

Yeh hopefully he get's a bit of a run out, if not today at least tomorrow.

Is Eisfeld injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Are they really booing higuan?

Jesus that's embarrassing, we have some clowns who go to the emirates these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Yeh hopefully he get's a bit of a run out, if not today at least tomorrow.

Is Eisfeld injured?

Played with u21s today

Was very bad again

Think he will get loaned out for a make or break

Played with u21s today

Was very bad again

Think he will get loaned out for a make or break

Yeh it's not looking good form him really is it, looked promising the few glimpses I got last season. But not being given a chance at all in pre season show Wenger certainly hasn't got him in his plans for this season at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This is fairly hard to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

What a goal! :D

Oooh!!

We don't need a striker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Giroud ...... my hero :D:D

FearDark wrote: »
    Oooh!!

I love how he used another body to make that work so well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

touch of class from Olly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Giroud with a nice bicycle kick from a corner to get one back!

Our lack of striking options is kind of shown up by not having any real replacement for him on the bench even in this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Giroud with a nice bicycle kick from a corner to get one back!

Our lack of striking options is kind of shown up by not having any real replacement for him on the bench even in this match.

Our theoretical, squad list replacements (Podolski, Walcott) tend to be starting alongside him. It kills us when we need an impact sub in that role. Definitely need more depth there.

AdamD wrote: »
    Our theoretical, squad list replacements (Podolski, Walcott) tend to be starting alongside him. It kills us when we need an impact sub in that role. Definitely need more depth there.

That's why I'd be pretty ok with going big for a winger instead if Suarez doesn't work out. Cos then at least we could use one of them up top without weakening the rest of the team.

I know that was offside but Giroud's finishing can sometimes be poor, we do really need a second option for a CF.

I don't expect to be Sangogo but hopefully he gets a run out tomorrow aswell.

I know that was offside but Giroud's finishing can sometimes can be poor, we do really need a second option for a CF.

I don't expect to be Sangogo but hopefully he gets a run out tomorrow aswell.

I'm really excited to see what he can do. He was bought for a reason, want to see what Wenger sees in him.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see what he can do. He was bought for a reason, want to see what Wenger sees in him.

Yeh the bits I seen of him during the summer he looked promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

2-2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Napoli must be on block training that effects second halfs

Soups123 wrote: »

Or it's a friendly and they don't really give two sh*ts

• Advertisement

Judging the second half comeback we're dead certs for the league now :P.

Could be they look tired

I love Kos

You got to love Kos, trying to keep that ball in with such determination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Akpom just ran through the right back

Even in the 90th minute of a friendly Kos still giving it socks to stop the ball going out for a corner. Fantastic.

Good run out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good pre-season workout against a decent Napoli side. Just what's needed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good enough performance. Some of them will need to sharpen up before the start of the league but that's what these games are for.

• Advertisement

It was good in that it highlighted that we are still somewhat lacking as a reminder that signings are needed, but that the team isn't a million miles off the pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rosicky impressed me. I thought he was the best Arsenal midfielder out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We do need a World Class striker, many of those chances would have been put away. But once Walcott, chamberlin and Sagna came on the pace and width was there. Kos was out of this world, he be gone if we don't win anything this season.

It was good in that it highlighted that we are still somewhat lacking as a reminder that signings are needed, but that the team isn't a million miles off the pace.

Three top signings and this team will be fighting for titles.

Kos playing like it was a final

Love that guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Giroud's goal for those who missed it.

EDIT: Looks like the video might be down already.

• Advertisement

Love that guy

He must have been thinking "no fcking way is this Higuain chap getting a goal against me"

Love that guy

I don't think he knows how to play it any other way, could you imagine having Suarez doing the same up top, and Jack and Ramsey doing in through the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was following it on Twitter. Seems like the perfect outcome. Wenger gets to wax lyrical about the famous "mental toughness" while at the same time its fairly obvious we need just that little bit extra to push on. Jolly good.

He must have been thinking "no fcking way is this Higuain chap getting a goal against me"

Looking at that game, it seem's Wenger was right not to pay that money for Higuain, he look's like he lack's pace and strength. Maybe a bit harsh. I think Suarez is a better buy even if he's a little crazy.

:pac: Anyone watching BT? WTF is the novelty pitch all about.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Looking at that game, it seem's Wenger was right not to pay that money for Higuain, he look's like he lack's pace and strength. Maybe a bit harsh. I think Suarez is a better buy even if he's a little crazy.

Very Harsh to judge his worth on that 25 minutes. Personally I think he is worth it

plus whats with David James hair. Plus Michael Owen as co commentator, he's the most boring personality ever.

Very Harsh to judge his worth on that 25 minutes. Personally I think he is worth it

I don't think he was 20 million would have been fine. Hargreaves taught he wasn't worth it either.

I don't think he knows how to play it any other way, could you imagine having Suarez doing the same up top, and Jack and Ramsey doing in through the middle

We're two starters short I feel we're not far away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Higuain of three years ago perhaps but his fitness has suffered since than. He was a lighting quick player as a young man and he has lost that electric pace in a similar way to Michael Owen lost his.

Still a great finisher no doubt but he wasn't worth the "revised" price Real wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i'd say so - no hard feelings from me towards the Hig anyway, we walked from that deal (rightly or wrongly).

3 proper first team improvements and we will be challenging. The spirit in the team is really good, we won't give up without a fight. Even in a friendly. That's a very good quality to have.

It's weird. It's like they are trying to keep Jake in his F1 mould with them all standing around and him having his pad. I like Jake so i'll let them away with it.
    Looper007 wrote: »
    plus whats with David James hair. Plus Michael Owen as co commentator, he's the most boring personality ever.

David James going through another mid life crisis. That mans hair deserves to be restrained at times.

I like us to start games with more intensity instead of when we fall behind. Plus some of our player's having long range efforts and more width. Three first team signing's and this team will win something.

Wenger trying his best not to smile being asked about Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wenger saying in the post match interview that we have still 1 month.

Does he not realise that the league starts in less than two weeks.

Also he talks of strengthening the squad and not the team, which would suggest no BIG names worryingly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement