Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Reports this morning that spurs will spend some of the bale money on Suarez! Prob bollox but I can picture levy trying something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

greendom wrote: »
    Trying to work out the lack of activity in the transfer market this Summer and I'm beginning to wonder whether our acquisitions team (Dick Law?) have been completely blown apart by the prices at the.top of the market.We had our targets - Jovetic, Higuain etc and what we thought we could get them for. The fees have been in excess of what we expected and we haven't been able to compete. Perhaps the board are not giving Dick enough flexibility to negotiate.

I understand there was a board meeting yesterday. Perhaps they looked at what's gone wrong this close season and how matters fan be remedied before the window closes.

He was right on Higuain, not worth that kind of money. 15 million at best. He didn't look that special the few times I've seen him at Madrid or that Napoli game. People mentioning Holt, you know you're wrong, Norwich didn't even want him. Championship player at best.

I'm pretty sure we will sign a World class Striker and a one or two others.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Reports this morning that spurs will spend some of the bale money on Suarez! Prob bollox but I can picture levy trying something like that

He wants champion's league football. So why the hell go to the Spud's. They won't get him.

Even if we win the league I could see him leaving in 2 years

If he gives us three years and a lot of goal's plus a few medal's in that time. Then it be worth it really.

Looper007 wrote: »
    He wants champion's league football. So why the hell go to the Spud's. They won't get him.

I don't think so either but if they threw enough cash at him anything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

If we did sign Suarez, where exactly will he play? Will he automatically take Girouds spot up front or will Wenger play him on the wing? Or just behind Giroud?

He'll be Gevinho's replacement.

This is why we did not go for Higuin for 35m because he is just an out and otu striker and knowing wenger, He likes to play our players in different positions.

For the 100th time asking, ANyone going to the Emirates cup?

im going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

im going

Make sure you and everyone around you gives Sanogo a huge cheer.

I fear he'll be booed for not being Higuain/Suarez/Pele which would be a bit unfair on the chap.

It's his first run out at the Emirates so I really hope he get's a good reception even if he is the young Afro-French embodiment of everything we dislike about Wenger right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He'll be Gevinho's replacement.

This is why we did not go for Higuin for 35m because he is just an out and otu striker and knowing wenger, He likes to play our players in different positions.

im going

I'd be fairly pissed if we spent 45m on him and then stuck him on the wing. He's been bought to score goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Talking to a few Spurs fans last night and they were of the opinion of that De Maria and Contreau were coming part of the Bale deal hopefully thats not true, I would love us to get De Maria he would be a great signing for us. With the likes of Gerv and Chamakh gone as well I am very confident that we will do quite a good bit of business in the next few weeks, maybe 4 or 5 new players coming in.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Talking to a few Spurs fans last night and they were of the opinion of that De Maria and Contreau were coming part of the Bale deal hopefully thats not true, I would love us to get De Maria he would be a great signing for us. With the likes of Gerv and Chamakh gone as well I am very confident that we will do quite a good bit of business in the next few weeks, maybe 4 or 5 new players coming in.

There is no way thats happening. Swap deals never work out. Nevermind a deal involving two players

• Advertisement

There is no way thats happening. Swap deals never work out. Nevermind a deal involving two players

Yeah I knew it was a bit far fetched id say that was the drink talking :pac:

I'd go for 3 but 5 would be amazing. I do think the team need depth, we're not far away from winning the title. De Maria would be a great singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Talk (ok The Sun) claiming that we've agreed terms with 19 year old defensive midfielder/central defender Ginter for 6 million. Anyone know anything about him?

I'd go for 3 but 5 would be amazing. I do think the team need depth, we're not far away from winning the title. De Maria would be a great singing.

I think 3 players to come in that can go straight into the starting XI and maybe 2 or 3 that would be more squad players that have the potential to break into the team. There is no way on earth we can even think about competing if we don't bring in players the squad is way too bare now the club couldn't be that naive to think we can challenge with such a small pool of players.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'd be fairly pissed if we spent 45m on him and then stuck him on the wing. He's been bought to score goals

See this to me is a worry. I dont think Wenger will dump Giroud like he did Chamack when RVP came back.

Did Suarez play a couple of times on the wings when Liverpool signed Sturridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I agree he's a disgrace but obvious talent? His ego is writing cheques his (lack of talent) can't cash. He is Sunderland or Stoke level at best. He was useless at Juventus last season in a team with some fairly ordinary strikers at the time.

When has he ever really displayed obvious top level talent? At Birmingham in the Championship when he scored 11 in 42? Or when he struggled to 8 at Sunderland when he was playing every week.

I didnt say top level talent. He'd be a good (not great) signing for a mid level team but he isnt interested in that because he'd have to take a pay cut. Considering his age, he should be just coming into his prime instead of wasting it counting money. If he applied himself he could still have a good career.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I didnt say top level talent. He'd be a good (not great) signing for a mid level team but he isnt interested in that because he'd have to take a pay cut. Considering his age, he should be just coming into his prime instead of wasting it counting money. If he applied himself he could still have a good career.

What is he goina do with himself when his Arsenal contract runs down. He'll discover his true worth then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

See this to me is a worry. I dont think Wenger will dump Giroud like he did Chamack when RVP came back.

Did Suarez play a couple of times on the wings when Liverpool signed Sturridge?

He played LW vs us iirc and was very very effective. He has a great work ethic, so helps out in defence in that role and has surprisingly good passing.

I remember this: 8430947416_044e70730d_o.gif

All depends on Giroud's form really, I thought he was rubbish yesterday.

That Bendtner tosser should be let rot, have him train with the ladies team :D

• Advertisement

Talk (ok The Sun) claiming that we've agreed terms with 19 year old defensive midfielder/central defender Ginter for 6 million. Anyone know anything about him?

Just reading a bit about him there. 19 y/o played 26 times for Freiburg last year. They finished 5th in the Bundesliga. Sounds promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Consult Nuri Sahin (the poster here) about him, he made a post in the summer transfer thread about him.

Tldr ;he's good, but obviously at 19 a little inexperienced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The ladies team tends to do quite well. Dont want him anywhere near them.

Are we still on good terms with Barnet? They are playing in the Conference this season, send him on a free loan to them. Let him see that will be his future if he doesnt cop on. Nobody in the higher divisions will be bothered with his attitude if he refuses to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Getting paid 50 grand a week to play football with some mots every day, sounds like hell alright.

The ladies are winner's don't want that eejit anywhere near 'em :D

His ego is the biggest I've ever seen on a player. He's an average player would do a job for a QPR or Celtic of this world but he'd be a bad influence on younger players. Wenger was mad to give this guy so much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Interesting debate on 5 live with Olly Holt, Tim Payton, David Orstein and Damien Comolli.

Arsenal putting all their eggs in the "clause" basket. It's up to Suarez and his team to resolve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The ladies are winner's don't want that eejit anywhere near 'em :D

His ego is the biggest I've ever seen on a player. He's an average player would do a job for a QPR or Celtic of this world but he'd be a bad influence on younger players. Wenger was mad to give this guy so much money.

At the time it seemed like a good investment. I think the guy could have been world class if he didn't let it all get to him.

Just looking at this:
    http://player.arsenal.com/matches/174453/Arsenal-v-Galatasaray

Does this mean Arsenal are streaming the Galatasary game?
    Do we need to register / pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just looking at this:
    http://player.arsenal.com/matches/174453/Arsenal-v-Galatasaray

Does this mean Arsenal are streaming the Galatasary game?
    Do we need to register / pay?

I don't think you have to pay for the online stuff anymore. Not sure about this game specifically though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Consult Nuri Sahin (the poster here) about him, he made a post in the summer transfer thread about him.

Tldr ;he's good, but obviously at 19 a little inexperienced

Freiburg have released a statement re: Ginter -

"That's nonsense. We haven't received an offer and we are not entertaining that idea (of selling him)."

Also Honigstein echoing what I said in the Summer Transfer thread -

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 30m
    Ginter: decent prospect, very cultured and good athlete. Untested at the very top and will need time. Fee a little bit on the high side.

6 million doesn't sound all that high if he's such a good prospect - given the current market.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    6 million doesn't sound all that high if he's such a good prospect - given the current market.

We have our prospect with the French lad. I think are main target's should be already established player's and Premiership experienced. It's a make or break year this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

By this time next year, we'll be millionaires Rodney!

Suarez, Di Maria, Gustavo, Ginter and a keeper and I would be a happy bunny :D In fact ill wet the panties in excitement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I don't think you have to pay for the online stuff anymore. Not sure about this game specifically though

The game is "audio only" on arsenal player. Bt sport is the only place to watch live (or a stream)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Trying to ring upc to get bt but their closed today, is there any other way to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Trying to ring upc to get bt but their closed today, is there any other way to get it?

Not sure tbh. Arsenal player has highlights once the game ends!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I got it online using the Setanta website read Batistuta9's post on it ;)Though I only got it on one box doing that will have to ring Setanta I'm assuming to get it on both.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85827849&postcount=2047

I got it online using the Setanta website read Batistuta9's post on it ;)Though I only got it on one box doing that will have to ring Setanta I'm assuming to get it on both.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85827849&postcount=2047

Cheers for that, much appreciated.

Bt are now using ex Ref's in the commentary box now. God Owen is soooooooooo boring. Good game between Porto and Napoli.

gosplan wrote: »
    Make sure you and everyone around you gives Sanogo a huge cheer.

I fear he'll be booed for not being Higuain/Suarez/Pele which would be a bit unfair on the chap.

It's his first run out at the Emirates so I really hope he get's a good reception even if he is the young Afro-French embodiment of everything we dislike about Wenger right now.

Good god above are you serious? Is this the actual level of stupidity attending games that they are capable of booing their own player before they even see what he can do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good god above are you serious? Is this the actual level of stupidity attending games that they are capable of booing their own player before they even see what he can do?

Can't see it happening with be appalling and stupidity of the highest order

Was it true higuan was getting booed yesterday?

Getting booed today as well, it's just the Panto villain type booing nothing to get everybody's knocker's in a twist.

Apparently he was jeered every time he got the ball which is utterly ridiculous. Not his fault we never came back with a bid.

Some dumb fans attending sporting events these times.

Apparently he was jeered every time he got the ball which is utterly ridiculous. Not his fault we never came back with a bid.

Some dumb fans attending sporting events these times.

Jaysus that's dreadful,idiots.

Jasus David James is talking some shiite. Owen Hargreaves talks a lot more sense.

Anyone care to PM me a you know what!??

Jasus David James is talking some shiite. Owen Hargreaves talks a lot more sense.

Until he made out per isn't good enough to partner kos

Until he made out per isn't good enough to partner kos

True but everything else he said I pretty much agreed with we do need a world class CF and we probably are over loaded in the number 10 position were as David James just spouting stereotypical shiite must be reading the Sun everyday for his how to guide on football punditry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Can't wait to see what Sanogo can do :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement