Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Suarez def won't be at anfield come sept 1st

His team are convince the clause lets him leave

Watch this get very very ugly of its not done coming to the end of the window

Oh yeah

Liverpool fans

Deluded

Oh yeah

Liverpool fans

Deluded

How am I deluded? Having a decent debate here with a few Arsenal fans imo

Bendy boots to Malaga

This I'd the biggest clear out ever

Fair play to the board

Now if ye could just get on with the other business

Thank you

Frustrated fans

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How am I deluded? Having a decent debate here with a few Arsenal fans imo

Just the hole sideways move challenging for 4th talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

mike65 wrote: »
    No, he is eager to LEAVE club A (Liverpool), would like to join club B (Real) but would put up with club C (Arsenal) so as to leave club A.

Its a matter of emphases. :)

(nobody really wants to join Arsenal these days, except young chaps from the French league, if they did you'd not still be scratching around after Suarez)

Wow, a true boardsie pro. A question of emphasis. Second only to questions of semantics.

'Suarez wants to join us'

'No he doesn't, he just wants to leave us which involves going to you'

'So erm, he wants to join us then?'

'Well technically, it's KAPOW, BAM, SMACK. Now disagree with that!!'

I'd imagine most of us agree that the sooner it's sorted the better.

This is arsenal, there is no sooner.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mike65 wrote:
    (nobody really wants to join Arsenal these days, except young chaps from the French league, if they did you'd not still be scratching around after Suarez)

Oh dear Mike posts like this will give Liverpool fans a bad name. Its the kind of post I would expect from supporters of the more crass clubs out there and not one of Liverpool's pedigree. It also smacks of bitterness and frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'd rather we left it alone and signed 2/3 players before the season starts and if he's still at Liverpool come deadline day, try another bod then. We really need to strengthen and Suarez alone won't be enough!

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd rather we left it alone and signed 2/3 players before the season starts and if he's still at Liverpool come deadline day, try another bod then. We really need to strengthen and Suarez alone won't be enough!

Spot on, we should be doing that.
    Hopefully we are, but fans are too fixated on Suarez to put pressure on the club to make the squad stronger, as most dreamers believe we will wait until the last day of the window and sign him.

Bendy boots to Malaga

This I'd the biggest clear out ever

Where did you see this about Bentner? Great news if its true but won't believe it until I see him playing on a pitch wearing a Malaga jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Meh, Liverpool have signed players and will sign a couple more before the window closes. Wenger needs a rocket.

L'prof above is correct - forget Suarez and get busy in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ah I said before we have played this out too many times in your seat, we are new to the experience of being the chasing team.

Shamrock rovers would probably take him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So much blabbing nonsnce in this thread IMO. worse then twitter and daily mail crap :(

Come on guys dont post bollox just for the sake of it.

Only creditable thing we can discuss is our teams performance at the emirates cup which i went to.

It was typical arsenal really. same old story. Arsenal scoring a lucky goal and conceding silly goals.

What is funny is that even if we had Messi as our striker we still would not create anything. It doesnt matter if we buy suarez, messi etc because if our midfielders and wingers cant create chances for our forward then whats the point?

We need to buy a 50m Midfielder genius who can create the chances because right now, none of our midfielders seem to be able to.

Here are a few pics from yesterday

9440369314_128da17c53_c.jpg
    527A2246.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

9440432802_88a45575ef_c.jpg
    527A1775.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

9437767483_be2434d33f_c.jpg
    527A1666.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

9437592369_98ffed216c_c.jpg
    527A1841-Edit-2.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

9439930381_017be526af_c.jpg
    527A1902-Edit.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

Pics of the actual Arsenal game to come later this evening.

Meh, Liverpool have signed players and will sign a couple more before the window closes. Wenger needs a rocket.

L'prof above is correct - forget Suarez and get busy in the market.

You have but not from the level you would like, I would have been disappointed if any of those players signed for Arsenal

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I really hope for your sake this is a drunken post.

P.S the 40 million release clause only started getting media attention after Arsenal had bid 40 million not beforehand so a 30 million bid was most likely putting the feelers out to suss out what the situation was from Liverpool and to let Suarez people know we had an interest sorry not every club will go barreling in with 35 million offers for players barely worth 10.

I had a few but I can assure you I wasn't drunk. Could I say the same amount of some of the posts from your fellow supporters last night and since, were they drunk? Probably not given their quite frankly brutal posting history. Certainly when it comes to certain clubs at least :) But again, at least all the digs at Liverpool and the tedious generalisations are getting their thanks here.

My main point was more than valid, the majority of managers are hypocrites. Am I wrong in saying this? Getting all upset at Rodgers to the point of crying and calling him a twat is hilarious as it is cringe worthy.

Whatever the case maybe about the bidding timeline, no one here including myself can say for certain what Arsenal knew before they bid. 40M release clause was mentioned in a couple of media sources from mid-late June AFAIR btw. Arsenal's first bid was when?

jester77 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Arsenal's behaviour. Suarez's market value is rated at 37 million pounds, so Arsenal are offering over market value.

I can understand why Liverpool would be defensive but they are being delusional if they think he is worth anywhere near 60 million. For a player who clearly wants to leave, if Arsenals value of 40 million is so bad, then why are there not a stack of better offers on the table?

If Transfermarkt says what a players value is worth, it must be true :D
    Arsenal fans laughing at another team claiming to be challenging for 4th.
    Careful now, if we have a bad start or aren't in the top 4 after a couple of weeks, the same idiots will be whinging in here.

One of few good posts I've seen here so far today.

Nice one Jonney.
    Looked like a nice day out, bet you were frustrated though watching the games and thinking what's going in the background.
    I'm not so sure about needing midfielders we can't afford, but we do need strengthening in other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Soups123 wrote: »
    You have but not from the level you would like, I would have been disappointed if any of those players signed for Arsenal

Grand, we're not even in Europe. Mignolet would be no disgrace to Arsenal methinks.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Probably not given their quite frankly brutal posting history. Certainly when it comes to certain clubs at least :) But again, at least all the digs at Liverpool and the tedious generalisations are getting their thanks here.

Honestly this from a pool fan

Grand, we're not even in Europe. Mignolet would be no disgrace to Arsenal methinks.

Possibly but they never bid for him so obviously no interest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The Suarez sideshow is proving to be a pretty annoying distraction. We've a lot of strengthening to do and the 24 hour round the clock transfer team seem to be spending all their time on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I had a few but I can assure you I wasn't drunk. Could I say the same amount of some of the posts from your fellow supporters last night and since, were they drunk? Probably not given their quite frankly brutal posting history. Certainly when it comes to certain clubs at least :) But again, at least all the digs at Liverpool and the tedious generalisations are getting their thanks here.

My main point was more than valid, the majority of managers are hypocrites. Am I wrong in saying this? Getting all upset at Rodgers to the point of crying and calling him a twat is hilarious as it is cringe worthy.

Whatever the case maybe about the bidding timeline, no one here including myself can say for certain what Arsenal knew before they bid. 40M release clause was mentioned in a couple of media sources from mid-late June AFAIR btw. Arsenal's first bid was when?

Welll it certainly showed ;), as for tedious generalisations being thrown at Liverpool and some of there fans in here what do you expect really? When some Liverpool fans are coming in here and making tedious generalisations about Arsenal of coarse when they do that it will get thrown back in there face it becomes tit for tat it's human nature.

All started by what you can surely agree was a silly and stupid statement from Rodgers? Of coarse if he questions Arsenal's class and Suarez loyalty people will call his into question?

I honestly don't remember seeing a tap about a 40 million release clause until Arsenal bid that much :). Our first bid If I remember correctly was about 3 weeks prior to the 40 million bid. You would have to strongly think Suarez people had quielty informed Arsenal there was a release clause there is no other way we would have added1 pound on as a guess. A clause Suarez apparently still seems to think exists.

If Transfermarkt says what a players value is worth, it must be true :D

I really don't see the problem with the way Arsenal have conducted the negotiations. With every process like this the buyer is always going to try and get value for money especially considering there is no one else in for him (yet) and he wants away from the club because they have not been capable of qualifying for Europe which Arsenal have.

I do hope that we do sign players in other key areas while this circus carries on in the background. One thing is for sure I would be very uncomfortable as a fan of a team with a want away player in a key position at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.arsenalview.com/arsenal-lack-class-really/

Good take on the 'class' comment. No idea why anyone would be arsed writing something that long about it mind

Thought this was funny though....

g6k1oF9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

keano_afc wrote: »
    The Suarez sideshow is proving to be a pretty annoying distraction. We've a lot of strengthening to do and the 24 hour round the clock transfer team seem to be spending all their time on it.

You never know. It could prove as a useful smoke screen to get other players on the sly without too much fuss.

My favourite comment on this whole saga is still when someone on here said it's like Liverpool are tapping up their player in reverse! Rodgers and everyone at Liverpool just won't shut up about it.

keano_afc wrote: »

I'm hoping and maybe clutching at straws but I'm hoping the Suarez sideshow is proving good as we can pout other deals in place without anyone noticing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well aren't you delightful.

The vast majority of managers in the modern game are hypocrites. Big whoopty doo. But sure, you go and get all upset over Rodgers. At least you got some thanks heh.

If you wanted to be taken seriously, you'd have bid a serious amount right off the bat. Not low balling well under what the minimum fee supposedly was going to be. £40M is what was being branded about in the media at least. Instead, you bid how much again originally? Then there is the comical £40M + 1M bid :D

Firstly, I was talking about Rodgers not "the vast majority of managers". In a later post, you criticise people for making generalisations when you do it here yourself. What parts of my post are factually incorrect? Granted, calling him a "hypocritical t**t" was a personal opinion formed by observing his behaviour throughout the Suarez matter so far. I found his comments laughable rather than upsetting. He's fast turning into a comic figure amongst rival fans.

His handling of this affair has just illustrated his naiveté and inexperience at the top level. In contrast, Wenger and Arsenal's approach has been proper as far as I can see. It was Liverpool that went public and continue to mouth off about it in the press. With regard to the £1 part of the bid, would you bid more for something than you thought you needed to? Of course you wouldn't. Clearly Arsenal believed they would activate the release clause by bidding that amount so why on earth would they have bid any more? It's a business transaction after all.

Rodgers had one good season at Swansea and that is the extent of his managerial success so far. I don't think his opinions will hold much sway in the football world. When he reaches the levels of success Wenger has achieved then maybe people will value his opinion. Your namesake didn't think much of him during his brief stint at Anfield either http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/14/nuri-sahin-liverpool-brendan-rodgers

AdamD wrote: »
    http://www.arsenalview.com/arsenal-lack-class-really/

Good take on the 'class' comment. No idea why anyone would be arsed writing something that long about it mind

Good read that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gah I just want this saga to end, nearly had a nasty argument in work with a Liverpool fan – colleague. It’s one thing having heated debate on the internet, its different when you have to bite your tongue and keep calm in work!
    He came out with the gems: Liverpool are a bigger club than arsenal, and are more likely to win the league in the next 2 years. I just had to smile and walk away.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Gah I just want this saga to end, nearly had a nasty argument in work with a Liverpool fan – colleague. It’s one thing having heated debate on the internet, its different when you have to bite your tongue and keep calm in work!
    He came out with the gems: Liverpool are a bigger club than arsenal, and are more likely to win the league in the next 2 years. I just had to smile and walk away.

I don't know any Liverpool fan that thinks they'll win the league in the next few years. Guy is clearly clueless and obviously doesn't even follow football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

AdamD wrote: »
    All comes down to how hard Suarez pushes really, wouldn't have thought he'd push overly hard if its just Arsenal but you never know with a character like him..

But if he doesn't he's stuck at Liverpool in mid table mediocrity.

I don't know any Liverpool fan that thinks they'll win the league in the next few years. Guy is clearly clueless and obviously doesn't even follow football

I'm almost certain he was on a wind up - but I could feel myself rising to the bait :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    Honestly this from a pool fan

A big slow clap for you.

Aye. Won't stop someone here eventually taking what bad2dabone posted and saying Liverpool fans think they'll win the league in the next few years. Just wait and see :D

A big slow clap for you.

Aye. Won't stop someone here eventually taking what bad2dabone posted and saying Liverpool fans think they'll win the league in the next few years. Just wait and see :D

Why did you delete your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Sick of this Liverpool v Arsenal thread, this threads become. Its become as boring as our transfer policy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That's the thing and I've said it before ...

Why the nasty petty edge to all of this??

We just want to buy a player from you guys.

Can we not just unite in our hate of Man Utd or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Guy's nearly in tears. But as a Arsenal fan I do feel his pain and agree with every single thing he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Lol competing for 4th, you're killing me:D

So you don't think Liverpool are in the race for 4th if we manage to hold onto Suarez? That's fair enough if you don't think we have a chance but Rodgers and co have been talking about 4th place being there aim for the season so as far as that goes Liverpool are competing with Arsenal for 4th.

Personally i think Spurs are going to get 4th and Arsenal and Liverpool will finish close enough.Since this time last year Liverpool have really improved.This time last year we had to start some PL games with a front three of Enrique Suarez and a 17 year old Sterling with support coming from Shelvey and Joe Cole!!.

We've got rid of the majority of our deadwood at this stage.Look at our squad compared to last season and look at Arsenals squad from last year. There's no denying the additions of Coutinho,Sturidge and Mingolet will improve Liverpool's squad from the start of last season.While the likes of Aspas and Alberto are somewhat unknown.We will finish with more points than last year thats something i'm sure off.How many i don't know.

Arsenal to me look to have a lighter squad than they have had in years.And without a few signings before September i can see us finishing very close to each other ;)

Yurt wrote: »
    So you don't think Liverpool are in the race for 4th if we manage to hold onto Suarez? That's fair enough if you don't think we have a chance but Rodgers and co have been talking about 4th place being there aim for the season so as far as that goes Liverpool are competing with Arsenal for 4th.

Personally i think Spurs are going to get 4th and Arsenal and Liverpool will finish close enough.Since this time last year Liverpool have really improved.This time last year we had to start some PL games with a front three of Enrique Suarez and a 17 year old Sterling with support coming from Shelvey and Joe Cole!!.

We've got rid of the majority of our deadwood at this stage.Look at our squad compared to last season and look at Arsenals squad from last year. There's no denying the additions of Coutinho,Sturidge and Mingolet will improve Liverpool's squad from the start of last season.While the likes of Aspas and Alberto are somewhat unknown.We will finish with more points than last year thats something i'm sure off.How many i don't know.

Arsenal to me look to have a lighter squad than they have had in years.And without a few signings before September i can see us finishing very close to each other ;)

Arsenal in 6th so ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Why did you delete your post?

And who deleted my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looper007 wrote: »

Guy's nearly in tears. But as a Arsenal fan I do feel his pain and agree with every single thing he says.

Its exactly what I have been banging on about on this thread and I am getting slated for being too negative. I sometimes feel as if some fans are happy with mediocrity and a 4th place finish :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not sure why Pool fans feel the need to come to this thread talking up Spurs and themselves and talking down Arsenal if your pissed with your club coming in here will do nought.

Arsenal fans are as equally frustrated with this transfer saga so having a rant in here and going for cheap scores is pointless.

I exclude Rarnes as he has atleast attempted to have some realistic discussion

A big slow clap for you.

Thanks

gosplan wrote: »
    That's the thing and I've said it before ...

Why the nasty petty edge to all of this??

We just want to buy a player from you guys.

Can we not just unite in our hate of Man Utd or something?

agree completely. my best mate and my brother are both liverpool fans, i enjoy some friendly rival talk but things are getting nastier. no need for it. lets move on.

Anyhow, what did folks make of Sanogo yesterday? I think he's going to be a handful for defences when he settles in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Liverpool aren't even the best team in liverpool so how do they think there going to be in 4th place...

And yes our squad is horribly light now, But if ya look it one way we lost Gervinho that's it he's the only one who had a somewhat meaningful contribution last year that left the rest were players who we've begging to leave for a long time :/

Also yeah we have a massive battle on for 4th next season looking at Spurs signings, but yeah Pool won't be part of that battle so don't be coming in here on you're high horses belittling our lack of activity so far or our chase of Suarez from you're lofty position of 8th or something last year, and Rodgers is one to talk loyalty he's left Swansea after one year and said he wouldn't come back for players....What happened 1st signing he makes is one of Swanseas best players at the time , funny how allen soon went tits up afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal in 6th so ya?

Chelsea came 6th two seasons ago so why not, its a very competive league, Arsenal could easily drop out of the top 4.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement