Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Chelsea can afford to finish 6th we can't there in lies the diffrence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

niallo27 wrote: »
    Chelsea came 6th two seasons ago so why not, its a very competive league, Arsenal could easily drop out of the top 4.

Oh I know Arsenal fans hear it every year, where did you think they'd finish last season and the season before and the season before that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Apparently Miquel is going out on loan so we definitely have to be in for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Apparently Miquel is going out on loan so we definitely have to be in for a defender.

Yennaris too that's about 28 out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yurt wrote: »
    So you don't think Liverpool are in the race for 4th if we manage to hold onto Suarez? That's fair enough if you don't think we have a chance but Rodgers and co have been talking about 4th place being there aim for the season so as far as that goes Liverpool are competing with Arsenal for 4th.

Personally i think Spurs are going to get 4th and Arsenal and Liverpool will finish close enough.Since this time last year Liverpool have really improved.This time last year we had to start some PL games with a front three of Enrique Suarez and a 17 year old Sterling with support coming from Shelvey and Joe Cole!!.

We've got rid of the majority of our deadwood at this stage.Look at our squad compared to last season and look at Arsenals squad from last year. There's no denying the additions of Coutinho,Sturidge and Mingolet will improve Liverpool's squad from the start of last season.While the likes of Aspas and Alberto are somewhat unknown.We will finish with more points than last year thats something i'm sure off.How many i don't know.

Arsenal to me look to have a lighter squad than they have had in years.And without a few signings before September i can see us finishing very close to each other ;)

Deadwood? what about Allen, borani, Henderson, downing etc.

Liverpool finished twelve points behind arsenal with pretty much the same squad, that's with arsenal playing terrible most of the season and Liverpool having their greatest point total in 5 years.

Couotinho has had about 4 good games and they were against relegation fodder/candidates and lower half teams already safe from the drop. Could turn out a great player but he certainly isn't at that class yet.

also I like how pool fans rate mign, only a week before he signed, Reina was the best keeper in the league, mign signs and low and behold he's now the greatest keeper, id
    also wait to see how he performs, the pressure might get to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

A total of 34 players have left the club since last season with only 5 coming in and that is without the likes of Gerv, Chamakh, Miquel going so we definitely have to bring in players I am hoping of 4 to 5 new arrivals that would improve the first team. If nothing gets done transfer wise I can see it getting real nasty at the Emirates as the fans just have totally lost patience and rightfully so.

On the point of Liverpool why are some of our fans writing them off for 4th place, they have a much better squad of players than we do and if they get off to a good start they will be up there challenging, at least they have shown some ambition unlike us so far and went out and improved there team with some very shrewd signings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I always have a soft spot for Liverpool but the way their fans and rogers have being goin on for the last few weeks they're fast becoming a hated team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    A total of 34 players have left the club since last season with only 5 coming in and that is without the likes of Gerv, Chamakh, Miquel going so we definitely have to bring in players I am hoping of 4 to 5 new arrivals that would improve the first team. If nothing gets done transfer wise I can see it getting real nasty at the Emirates as the fans just have totally lost patience and rightfully so.

On the point of Liverpool why are some of our fans writing them off for 4th place, they have a much better squad of players than we do and if they get off to a good start they will be up there challenging, at least they have shown some ambition unlike us so far and went out and improved there team with some very shrewd signings.

Gringo you take the piss!

A better squad than us? Shrewd signings. How can you enjoy football and supporting Arsenal when all you do is moan about the club, using Liverpool as an example of a club to compare us with negatively???? Come on

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FearDark wrote: »
    I always have a soft spot for Liverpool but the way their fans and rogers have being goin on for the last few weeks they're fast becoming a hated team.

And vice versa too, rest assured of that.

5starpool wrote: »

I your opinion what have Arsenal done wrong? Factually?

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Gringo you take the piss!

A better squad than us? Shrewd signings. How can you enjoy football and supporting Arsenal when all you do is moan about the club, using Liverpool as an example of a club to compare us with negatively???? Come on

I wouldn't be moaning if we were competing both on and off the field, be honest now when was the last time you felt very confident of beating the likes of Utd, City, Chelsea in the league and the big clubs in the Champions League. I have a pain in me hole with the way the team has been neglected over the years and now is the time to remedy that and start injecting a bit of star quality into the starting XI.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Elaborate please.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

FearDark wrote: »
    Elaborate please.

The way Arsenal fans have been talking recently you'd swear that you've won back to back titles and a few champions league.When in fact Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 8 years.

The way Arsenal fans have been going on about Liverpool being a smaller club really is laughable.

I wouldn't be moaning if we were competing both on and off the field, be honest now when was the last time you felt very confident of beating the likes of Utd, City, Chelsea in the league and the big clubs in the Champions League. I have a pain in me hole with the way the team has been neglected over the years and now is the time to remedy that and start injecting a bit of star quality into the starting XI.

I agree with the above, I wouldn't be confident with the current squad and I recon we will see signings if not I'll be pissed. But your point re Liverpool squad is off and be more pissed if we signed the quality of players they have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Seriously? Better squad? Shrewd signings? Coutinho and sturridge, fair enough decent signings, but we're stronger across the board. Kolo is a fat man City reserve, the Spanish lads are completely unproven so far. Only mingolet would be considered a good signing, although at the expense of a loyal club servant in Reina. We've let 28 players go, we're definitely going to make signings, you're overreacting a bit.

If we signed those four players would you be calling us Shrewd? I wouldn't, I'd be pissed off.

The way Arsenal fans have been talking recently you'd swear that you've won back to back titles and a few champions league.When in fact Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 8 years.

The way Arsenal fans have been going on about Liverpool being a smaller club really is laughable.

Show me anything to support the first part, that's just made up sh*t.

The second part is **** too all Arsenal fans have said at this moment in time we are a step up which 99% of Pool fans would agree with.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Deadwood? what about Allen, borani, Henderson, downing etc.

Liverpool finished twelve points behind arsenal with pretty much the same squad, that's with arsenal playing terrible most of the season and Liverpool having their greatest point total in 5 years.

Couotinho has had about 4 good games and they were against relegation fodder/candidates and lower half teams already safe from the drop. Could turn out a great player but he certainly isn't at that class yet.

also I like how pool fans rate mign, only a week before he signed, Reina was the best keeper in the league, mign signs and low and behold he's now the greatest keeper, id
    also wait to see how he performs, the pressure might get to him.

Don't paint all Liverpool fan's with the same brush. Reina cost us point's against Arsenal last year in both games and has been below par for the best part of two years now.Lots of Liverpool fans are blinded by how much a legend he has become. I've been saying we need a goalkeeper for the last year now.

Coutinho has been amazing since we've signed him in almost every game he has played.Not just the relegation fodder games you've mentioned.From this time last season we've signed Mignolet,Coutinho,Sturridge,Aspas,Toure,and Alberto..And we've sold Carroll,Shelvey,and Joe Cole.

Surely you must see some improvement in that squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I doubt he will. He loves his throwaway comments that lad.

• Advertisement

I agree with the above, I wouldn't be confident with the current squad and I recon we will see signings if not I'll be pissed. But your point re Liverpool squad is off and be more pissed if we signed the quality of players they have

Okay not a better squad but more strength in depth to deal with fixture congestion, injuries, suspensions etc. We are 1 or 2 injuries away from a complete crisis at the club.

I'm sure the management know we're light on players

Arsenal fans have been laughing at the fact Liverpool are refusing to sell for £40m because it would be retarded to sell him to a direct rival.The majority of Arsenal fans here see 4th place as a direct shootout between yourselves and Spurs and that's fine.

But to laugh off the fact that Liverpool are looking to build a squad capable of challenging for 4th and that we should just bend over backwards before the season has started has seriously started to piss off Liverpool fans.Arsenal fan's have that "We're so much better than you" attitude for no reason whatsoever.

Arsenal fans haven't had to deal with what we have over the last 5 years.Our club was sold to a bunch of cowboys who lumbered on the debt and sent us 10 years backwards after we had won the CL,gotten to another final and then narrowly missing out on the league (Thanks to Arshavin for that) Last season Rodgers had to rebuild or squad from scratch the majority of Liverpool fans expected us to finish a long way off the top 4 and that's exactly what happened.This season will be different we've strengthened beyond recognition from this day last year.I still think that we will miss out but not by as much as people are saying.

Factually? OK then. It is illegal for a club to talk to an agent to know about a players contractual clause or their willingness to join the club. This constitutes tapping up in any book. Also, Arsenal players talking about him. I'm pretty sure there was outrage in here with all the Barca players talking about Fabregas and so on.

There have also been some Arsenal fans talking crap in the LFC thread over recent weeks, which was part of my post as well since the OP was talking about LFC fans turning him against the club.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    I doubt he will. He loves his throwaway comments that lad.

I don't think I've ever had any interaction with you in this or any other forum, and I'm pretty sure these are my first (or close to it) posts in an Arsenal club thread. Perhaps you could provide some posters opinions who I deal with consistently as to the throwaway nature of my comments normally?

Factually? OK then. It is illegal for a club to talk to an agent to know about a players contractual clause or their willingness to join the club. This constitutes tapping up in any book. Also, Arsenal players talking about him. I'm pretty sure there was outrage in here with all the Barca players talking about Fabregas and so on.

There have also been some Arsenal fans talking crap in the LFC thread over recent weeks, which was part of my post as well since the OP was talking about LFC fans turning him against the club.

I don't think I've ever had any interaction with you in this or any other forum, and I'm pretty sure these are my first (or close to it) posts in an Arsenal club thread. Perhaps you could provide some posters opinions who I deal with consistently as to the throwaway nature of my comments normally?
    Fact. It has been reported since last year in every rag about the clause long before our interest. My fcukin misses knew about it.

More Liverpool players have spoke about him and referenced Arsenal.... Fact

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Seriously? Better squad? Shrewd signings? Coutinho and sturridge, fair enough decent signings, but we're stronger across the board. Kolo is a fat man City reserve, the Spanish lads are completely unproven so far. Only mingolet would be considered a good signing, although at the expense of a loyal club servant in Reina. We've let 28 players go, we're definitely going to make signings, you're overreacting a bit.

If we signed those four players would you be calling us Shrewd? I wouldn't, I'd be pissed off.

Toure can still do a job. Did you see our defending over the weekend?? A 34 year old Didier Drogba absolutely tore us to pieces it hardly inspires confidence when you see that happening. We have 2 goalkeepers who at times are complete clowns and will cost us goals this season. Why didn't we go in for Mignolet?? We haven't ever had a keeper who can really be a match winner since the days of Seaman or Lehmann.

• Advertisement

Arsenal fans have been laughing at the fact Liverpool are refusing to sell for £40m because it would be retarded to sell him to a direct rival.The majority of Arsenal fans here see 4th place as a direct shootout between yourselves and Spurs and that's fine.

But to laugh off the fact that Liverpool are looking to build a squad capable of challenging for 4th and that we should just bend over backwards before the season has started has seriously started to piss off Liverpool fans.Arsenal fan's have that "We're so much better than you" attitude for no reason whatsoever.

Arsenal fans haven't had to deal with what we have over the last 5 years.Our club was sold to a bunch of cowboys who lumbered on the debt and sent us 10 years backwards after we had won the CL,gotten to another final and then narrowly missing out on the league (Thanks to Arshavin for that) Last season Rodgers had to rebuild or squad from scratch the majority of Liverpool fans expected us to finish a long way off the top 4 and that's exactly what happened.This season will be different we've strengthened beyond recognition from this day last year.I still think that we will miss out but not by as much as people are saying.
    Arsenal fans have a few years of **** themselves between the crap there is a lot of empity for Liverpool in here.

There would have been a whole different level of **** in here if it where united or anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We should sign Drogba.

Does anyone know much about him ?? Could help Suarez settle in :D I joke haha but seriously could be a good signing if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

One thing to my fellow Arsenal fan's, Why are you guy's taking advice from Liverpool fan's they haven't got top 4 football in 5 years. They would swap places with us in a heartbeat. I have no doubt in my mind. They can throw insults at us but we're raking in the money just our manager isn't spending any.

Does anyone know much about him ?? Could help Suarez settle in :D I joke haha but seriously could be a good signing if true

Apart from the fact he played at the u20 world cup and is a defensive midfielder i dunno much about him. Id imagine we should be able to get a visa for him assuming he impresses on trial. How ready he is for the first team, i dunno. Looks well built anyway standing beside Verminator, sort of Tevez like (well not quite i suppose but heading that way)

• Advertisement

Fact. It has been reported since last year in every rag about the clause long before our interest. My fcukin misses knew about it.

More Liverpool players have spoke about him and referenced Arsenal.... Fact

Well ok then, if ye want to think that Arsene read a news story and thought about chancing his arm by bidding a low amount first then, then offered £1 above a mooted clause, which coincidentally some other news stories that you may have missed (since you seem to be relying on them as your evidence) said Suarez and his agent would like to happen, without any contact between the parties then go on ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Toure can still do a job. Did you see our defending over the weekend?? A 34 year old Didier Drogba absolutely tore us to pieces it hardly inspires confidence when you see that happening. We have 2 goalkeepers who at times are complete clowns and will cost us goals this season. Why didn't we go in for Mignolet?? We haven't ever had a keeper who can really be a match winner since the days of Seaman or Lehmann.

Jenks Sagna Mert Miquel, I wouldn't be overly concerned about defending when that was the back 4 on the pitch at the time..

Arsenal fans haven't had to deal with what we have over the last 5 years.Our club was sold to a bunch of cowboys who lumbered on the debt and sent us 10 years backwards after we had won the CL,gotten to another final and then narrowly missing out on the league (Thanks to Arshavin for that) Last season Rodgers had to rebuild or squad from scratch.....

Always the victims. What a whine

Shameful comment :(

And where does that chant come from ? Classless just backing up my point on Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »
    Jenks Sagna Mert Miquel, I wouldn't be overly concerned about defending when that was the back 4 on the pitch at the time..

The worry is that it wouldn't take that much of an injury crisis for that to be our back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This thread has become a fúcking joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Shameful comment :(

This thread has turned into a support service for Liverpool fans on the edge.

Can you not whine and/or work through the issues in your own thread?

meriwether wrote: »
    This thread has turned into a support service for Liverpool fans on the edge.

Can you not whine and/or work through the issues in your own thread?

I never had a whine in here, only football chat. The thread is open to all fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Its open to all fans, but Liverpool angst is best expressed on your own thread, where the rest of us can avoid it if desired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

And where does that chant come from ? Classless just backing up my point on Arsenal fans.

Nice generalisation there chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah here now I don't think that's called for at all, keep debate about soccer I say

8-10 wrote: »
    Ah here now I don't think that's called for at all, keep debate about soccer I say

I take it back. My apologies.

Apart from the fact he played at the u20 world cup and is a defensive midfielder i dunno much about him. Id imagine we should be able to get a visa for him assuming he impresses on trial. How ready he is for the first team, i dunno. Looks well built anyway standing beside Verminator, sort of Tevez like (well not quite i suppose but heading that way)

Well Vieira was 20 when he arrived :) no pressure then, But yeah hope we get him, even as backup at the moment with our Midfield's super injury record :rolleyes:

As for the L/pool vs Arsenal Dross is going on at the moment, Im not even going to acknowledge it from here its silly

Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 3s
    Arsenal have "apparently" been given permission to speak to Luis Suarez, claims Paul Mariner on ESPN. The forward will be leaving Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Christ what the hell has happened will all Liverpool fans who are coming in here to bitch and moan please find the door and let themselves out of here, this is the Arsenal thread I don't care how Rodgers has had to re build a squad. We as Arsenal fans have put up with loosing players for years now and not once have I gone into the United or City thread moaning about those players going why A: Because I know they wont care B: because I would get riled up because they would only be looking out for there own club and not care about other teams so of coarse there will bias in a United or City thread.

Any sane Liverpool fan will admit right now Arsenal are the bigger, richer and more attractive club for a player are we top draw no, but were a bigger draw than Liverpool yes it may hurt Liverpool fans to hear that but its true and coming in here sounding terribly bitter is not going to help or change that. Liverpool managment, owners and plaers are the ones doing most the talking about it they leaked the bids to the press, watch Wenger and any Arsenal players have all remained very coy on the situation and are trying to say as little as possible, comparing it to what Barca done for Cesc is laughable.

I'll give Rarnes credit he is the only Liverpool fan so far to come in and be able to talk rational and have a debate without it getting into tit for tat, as for the rest of the Liverpool supporters in here you's are sounding like overgrown kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

You are quite right, and so it should be..... its all about football in the end, no matter who one supports.

Christ what the hell has happened will all Liverpool fans who are coming in here to bitch and moan please find the door and let themselves out of here, this is the Arsenal thread I don't care how Rodgers has had to re build a squad. We as Arsenal fans have put up with loosing players for years now and not once have I gone into the United or City thread moaning about those players going why A: Because I know they wont care B: because I would get riled up because they would only be looking out for there own club and not care about other teams so of coarse there will bias in a United or City thread.

Any sane Liverpool fan will admit right now Arsenal are the bigger, richer and more attractive club for a player are we top draw no, but were a bigger draw than Liverpool yes it may hurt Liverpool fans to hear that but its true and coming in here sounding terribly bitter is not going to help or change that. Liverpool managment, owners and plaers are the ones doing most the talking about it they leaked the bids to the press, watch Wenger and any Arsenal players have all remained very coy on the situation and are trying to say as little as possible, comparing it to what Barca done for Cesc is laughable.

I'll give Rarnes credit he is the only Liverpool fan so far to come in and be able to talk rational and have a debate without it getting into tit for tat, as for the rest of the Liverpool supporters in here you's are sounding like overgrown kids.

They remind me of Phil Thompson, they defend their club no matter what gets thrown at them even to the point of annoyance. They get to feel how we do when clubs rob our best players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I really don't want Suarez. I can't believe how easily people seem to forget what a piece of **** he is.

I hope we sign a few good players soon though, we're worryingly short on numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement