Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yurt wrote: »
    Classless just backing up my point on Arsenal fans.

What is your point on Arsenal fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You could have a least picked a clip from a good show :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Like Seinfeld? :D

Well Vieira was 20 when he arrived :) no pressure then, But yeah hope we get him, even as backup at the moment with our Midfield's super injury record :rolleyes:

As for the L/pool vs Arsenal Dross is going on at the moment, Im not even going to acknowledge it from here its silly

I can remember Vieira's debut back in 1996 against the Owls at Hillsborough and from the first pass he played you just sensed we had signed a top top player.

The fact we have this highly courted lad Perez on trial is certainly a good sign in any case but im not sure how long his trial will last for and if others are in for him. We once had a Uruguayan goalkeeper Farini on trial as well as Yaya Toure but neither materialised. The Toure one turned out to look like a ridiculous blunder on our part and considering his brother was at the club he would have needed little convincing to sign for us. That said he was tried as a striker but what a replacement for Vieira he would have been if he had been tried in the middle.

Like Seinfeld? :D

Nah like Eastbound & Down ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Always the victims. What a whine

Poor taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I can remember Vieira's debut back in 1996 against the Owls at Hillsborough and from the first pass he played you just sensed we had signed a top top player.

The fact we have this highly courted lad Perez on trial is certainly a good sign in any case but im not sure how long his trial will last for and if others are in for him. We once had a Uruguayan goalkeeper Farini on trial as well as Yaya Toure but neither materialised. The Toure one turned out to look like a ridiculous blunder on our part and considering his brother was at the club he would have needed little convincing to sign for us. That said he was tried as a striker but what a replacement for Vieira he would have been if he had been tried in the middle.
    I think we have dozens of players on trial each season but only a few end up signing, anyone remember bischoff!?

I think we have dozens of players on trial each season but only a few end up signing, anyone remember bischoff!?

He was with us for a year but was a crock from the word go. Undoubted talent but just unfortunate with injuries which ultimately set him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Arsenal fans should just blank out the Pool ****e being posted in here. It's getting ridiculous at this stage we are not the reason your club is in decline nor are we the reason Suarez wants to jump ship, coming in here like sensitive children writing crap ( excluding Rarnes) is pointless. Reasonable discussion or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Like i said in my previous post i think this thread has gone downhill dramatically. i will help put right by posting some more pics of yesterdays game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd be fairly pleased if hes signing as a backup striker actually have heard of him good enough player...Better than Bendtner or Chamakh anyway

Perhaps he plays predominately on the wing but 5 goals in 34 games and two years is woeful. Sure we should have hung on to Gervinho, Bendtner, or Chamakh at that rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

A 27-year-old released by Schalke. Not what I'm hoping for from us.

You'd want to read the latest sh*te to come from 'Arry Redknapp. What a grade-A spoofer especially with that Notts Forest reference!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/496528/20130803/tottenham-transfer-news-jermain-defoe-qpr-redknapp.htm

I'd be fairly pleased if hes signing as a backup striker actually have heard of him good enough player...Better than Bendtner or Chamakh anyway

Was good years ago, not so much anymore.

So here are the new players we've been linked to in the past couple of days: Ginter, Abdulrahman, Vadillo and Marica. Aside from Ginter, I'm not fussed.

That's not saying much. Look at the back-up strikers at Utd (Hernandez), Chelsea (Ba) and City (probably Negredo/Dzeko); that should be our level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'd have to agree with the above.

Back-up strikers have proved crucial in the past. Hell, look at the point Hernandez won here and there for United. And Dzeko for City.

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with the above.

Back-up strikers have proved crucial in the past. Hell, look at the point Hernandez won here and there for United. And Dzeko for City.

And arguably both of them could be starters for us, CF really is our weakest position right now.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/25/2322085/liverpool-hoping-luis-suarez-hands-in-transfer-request-to

Don't know if its true but says Liverpool were hoping Suarez would hand in a transfer request when he was with Ajax.

According to the Times, Arsenal have joined Juventus in the race for Geoffrey Kondogbia, who is valued at £14m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

According to the Times, Arsenal have joined Juventus in the race for Geoffrey Kondogbia, who is valued at £14m

Thought Real Madrid were in for him too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This place is gonna go into meltdown when we sign Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Soups123 wrote: »
    Arsenal fans should just blank out the Pool ****e being posted in here. It's getting ridiculous at this stage we are not the reason your club is in decline nor are we the reason Suarez wants to jump ship, coming in here like sensitive children writing crap ( excluding Rarnes) is pointless. Reasonable discussion or GTFO

Sure we are all sensitive about the clubs we support. What do you expect liverpool fans to say. Yes take out world class striker do your wonderful club. Arsenal is a small step up from liverpool at the moment, I can't see why he would wanna go to arsenal. It doesn't make sense. He has the same chance of winning a league or a champions league at liverpool as he does at Arsenal which is none.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sure we are all sensitive about the clubs we support. What do you expect liverpool fans to say. Yes take out world class striker do your wonderful club. Arsenal is a small step up from liverpool at the moment, I can't see why he would wanna go to arsenal. It doesn't make sense. He has the same chance of winning a league or a champions league at liverpool as he does at Arsenal which is none.

My last post on this matter promise.

Ah but the see the main difference is if Arsenal sign Suarez plus one or two other top class players we become title challengers, were as Liverpool are ridiculously far off challenging at the moment there trying to be challengers for champions League spots something we can already provide ;).

Plus playing in the Champions League is not a small step up it is were every good player wants to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would be a good signing that

My last post on this matter promise.

Ah but the see the main difference is if Arsenal sign Suarez plus one or two other top class players we become title challengers, were as Liverpool are ridiculously far off challenging at the moment there trying to be challengers for champions League spots something we can already provide ;).

Plus playing in the Champions League is not a small step up it is were every good player wants to be.

Do you really thing Arsenal are going sign three world class players. If liverpool signed 3 world class players. I'm sure they would be challenging for the title as well.

• Advertisement

Do you really thing Arsenal are going sign three world class players

Maybe not maybe they will, Gustavo seems to be going cheap enough and a player were reported to be interested in.

But lets say we sign Suarez it sends out a huge message of intent and will make getting players in January and next summer easier, moving us further up the ladder. Were not a million miles off we just need a few sprinkles of class, defence was solid last season. A world class CF would be huge for Arsenal as despite the loss of Van Persie last season we scored more goals add in a Suarez or someone of his level and we could be a totally different prospect.

Maybe not maybe they will, Gustavo seems to be going cheap enough and a player were reported to be interested in.

But lets say we sign Suarez it sends out a huge message of intent and will make getting players in January and next summer easier, moving us further up the ladder. Were not a million miles off we just need a few sprinkles of class, defence was solid last season. A world class CF would be huge for Arsenal as despite the loss of Van Persie last season we scored more goals add in a Suarez or someone of his level and we could be a totally different prospect.

That's a lot of if's though. I just don't understand why if you believe this can happen why can't liverpool keep Suarez add a player or two and challenge for top 4 also. It's seems any hope of this seems to be laughed at in this thread but yet we are to believe Arsenal can challenge for the league.

That's a lot of if's though. I just don't understand why if you believe this can happen why can't liverpool keep Suarez add a player or two and challenge for top 4 also. It's seems any hope of this seems to be laughed at in this thread but yet we are to believe Arsenal can challenge for the league.

The difference is the players Liverpool have signed so far this summer does not make people fear them or think they will be challenging which is obviously what Suarez is thinking aswell since he wants out, the signings have done nothing to sway him.

Were as we can already provide Champions League football and given a few more additions can actually be considered challengers we are currently step up.

It's clear Suarez wants out and whether or not he ends up at Arsenal I will be very suprised if Liverpool manage to hold onto him, and even if they do do you really want a disgruntled player on your books much like Van Persie did with us last year Suarez is trying to make his position at the club unattainable.

New rumour. The Sun is linking us, Chelsea and Liverpool with Delle Alli, a 17-year-old English midfielder for MK Dons. Claims Liverpool will bid £2m.

And we will bid £2m+1

:pac:

The big difference is Liverpool need Suarez + 2 proper players to challenge for top 4

We need Suarez + 1 class player to challenge for a title I think he sees that and wants the move

If we get him top 4 is not our aim anymore he makes us challengers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The big difference is Liverpool need Suarez + 2 proper players to challenge for top 4

We need Suarez + 1 class player to challenge for a title I think he sees that and wants the move

If we get him top 4 is not our aim anymore he makes us challengers

We actually just need everyone fit plus Suarez IMO.

Though this assumes a continuation of the form we showed during the run in.

Can't see anyone bar Suarez going straight into first team, maybe a LWF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone think Rooney is still possible? If he hands in a transfer request Msn U won't want to keep him and will be more reluctant to sell to Chelsea than us. I also can't ser him going abroad. Wages may be an issue but if we really do intend to compete with the big boys we will have to pay up.

Another trial being reported. Angers midfielder Alharbi El Jadeyaoui.

'Yaoui?' was pretty much my reaction too. Never heard of the guy :-/

greendom wrote: »
    Anyone think Rooney is still possible? If he hands in a transfer request Msn U won't want to keep him and will be more reluctant to sell to Chelsea than us. I also can't ser him going abroad. Wages may be an issue but if we really do intend to compete with the big boys we will have to pay up.

It's certainly possible although I think United will ultimately sell to Chelsea. However, they need a world class midfielder first and then it won't look like bad PR for Moyes that his first major transfer market decision was to sell Rooney. While United wait to sign a midfielder, we wait for Suarez to kick up a fuss, and everything is all still in play.

is there a chance we could end up with Rooney and Suarez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

is there a chance we could end up with Rooney and Suarez?

Ha ha not expecting much there are ya !!!!? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You miss the point, why come in here being sensitive and moaning do it in the Pool thread. As for a small step whether you think it's small and if I think it more doesn't matter the truth of it is its a step the player wants to take. Completely disagree with chances of success been equal sure you aren't even in CL so it has to be a realistic possibility with Arsenal.

As I said reasonable debate is fine but some of the posts and comments from Pool fans have just been ridiculous

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I just can't believe that AW would let so many players go if he hadn't a plan already completed. Looking at our squad and you'd be very concerned with how light it is. One or two early injuries and you can say goodnight to anything close to 4th.

I'd say we are a minimum of 3 signings away from just covering ourselves and that's not even considering a title challenge. We'd need 2 of those signings to be starting players just to have any hopes of finishing higher than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If the 2 trialists sign then we're not short really but tbh the 2 of them don't exactly look to be covered in glory

TheGunns wrote: »
    If the 2 trialists sign then we're not short really but tbh the 2 of them don't exactly look to be covered in glory

The fact that they're on trial, rather than mid-low level signings is a bit odd tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

superb pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone thinking that Suarez alone will make us challenge for the title needs to get out in the fresh air. We need 4/5 players to compete. We are lacking in several areas. Keeper cover, CD, LB (how long before Gibbs is out again?), DM, good left winger and maybe R Back too.

gosplan wrote: »
    We actually just need everyone fit plus Suarez IMO.

Though this assumes a continuation of the form we showed during the run in.

Can't see anyone bar Suarez going straight into first team, maybe a LWF.

I agree Suarez and some sort of a midfielder can't decide what sort yet :)

Think we're challengers then

Anyone thinking that Suarez alone will make us challenge for the title needs to get out in the fresh air. We need 4/5 players to compete. We are lacking in several areas. Keeper cover, CD, LB (how long before Gibbs is out again?), DM, good left winger and maybe R Back too.

Think we need two stellar names that slips straight into the team

Anything else is cover I would be happy with two class players been honest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement